Sexton PulpMX - Interview

ProKawi24
Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 1:15am
I know there's already a Chase thread but this is about his PulpMX guest spot tonight. I have so much more respect for this kid after listening to his interview. I bleed Green but I can't help root for this kid as he moves up to the 450's. Not only was he very considerate (thanking everyone who called in to congratulate him) but his attitude and mindset is something I admire.

I know from my supermini days in 97-01 all the games and BS that other kids and their parents would play and it really sounds like the Star team was doing a lot of the same. He seemed genuinely remorseful for how the whole Colt situation turned out but sure seemed to have some dislike for Shane altogether. You could sense the dislike between the Geico and Star team, reminds me of the old days with PC and Yamaha of Troy. He also talked about how Stew has been helping him and their mindset is very similar and I believe it.

Very, very good interview and nothing but props and respect for this kid. I hate he's riding red but I can't help but root for him moving forward.
|
mb60
6/22/2020 8:32pm
Watching Chase take it to Mc Elrath was priceless.
levimx22
Fantasy
2202nd
6/22/2020 8:33pm
i wonder if stew told him about what he did to reed at dilla in 02. what chase did to shane was pretty much identical

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/22/2020 8:52pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I know there's already a Chase thread but this is about his PulpMX guest spot tonight. I have so much more respect for this kid after...
I know there's already a Chase thread but this is about his PulpMX guest spot tonight. I have so much more respect for this kid after listening to his interview. I bleed Green but I can't help root for this kid as he moves up to the 450's. Not only was he very considerate (thanking everyone who called in to congratulate him) but his attitude and mindset is something I admire.

I know from my supermini days in 97-01 all the games and BS that other kids and their parents would play and it really sounds like the Star team was doing a lot of the same. He seemed genuinely remorseful for how the whole Colt situation turned out but sure seemed to have some dislike for Shane altogether. You could sense the dislike between the Geico and Star team, reminds me of the old days with PC and Yamaha of Troy. He also talked about how Stew has been helping him and their mindset is very similar and I believe it.

Very, very good interview and nothing but props and respect for this kid. I hate he's riding red but I can't help but root for him moving forward.
I like Chase, seems like a pretty good young man. However, I have met Shane McElrath 2 times in person outside away from SX, and frankly I don't see how anyone couldn't like him. I get it, he was his primary competitor and things get heated in battle on the track. But off the track, its a different story - be a human being. Treat people like you would want to be treated. And don't whine.
6/22/2020 9:13pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I know there's already a Chase thread but this is about his PulpMX guest spot tonight. I have so much more respect for this kid after...

TbonesPop wrote:
I like Chase, seems like a pretty good young man. However, I have met Shane McElrath 2 times in person outside away from SX, and frankly...
I like Chase, seems like a pretty good young man. However, I have met Shane McElrath 2 times in person outside away from SX, and frankly I don't see how anyone couldn't like him. I get it, he was his primary competitor and things get heated in battle on the track. But off the track, its a different story - be a human being. Treat people like you would want to be treated. And don't whine.
I think taking a dive last year didn't help Shane's stocks
smoothwakey
Fantasy
133rd
6/22/2020 10:36pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/22/433874/s1200_104291131_347239806246669_7975565383378739488_n.jpg[/img]

All good athletes know the importance of hydration.
6/22/2020 11:23pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I like Chase, seems like a pretty good young man. However, I have met Shane McElrath 2 times in person outside away from SX, and frankly...
Shane is disliked because he is so open about his faith.

He seems like a class act to me.

As for Sexton, one can only hope his success doesn't go to his head like Forkner.
robotsfrom
6/23/2020 12:55am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 12:57am
Shane is disliked because he is so open about his faith. He seems like a class act to me. As for Sexton, one can only hope...

As for Sexton, one can only hope his success doesn't go to his head like Forkner.
In the interview Chase seemed more annoyed at the Star team as a whole.

As for Shane, Steve Mathes brought up Shane spending practice and qualifying interfering with Chase's fast laps and going out of his way to do so. And then when it came to the main and everyone had selected their gate with the flags like they've been doing since they've been in SLC, apparently Shane went to Chase's gate he'd already cleaned, after the spotting lap instead of the gate he'd previously claimed.

Sounded like the AMA started getting involved and instead of arguing and causing a fuss like Shane and Star were ready to do, Chase just went to the inside gate, which is why he was all alone.

And then the fuel protest was kind of just a cherry on top by Star to be a pain, but Shane has nothing to do with that.

wardy
6/23/2020 1:04am
Chase is who you see and hear. He also is pushing back when pushed, which is good to see.
under-estimating him will just make it easier for him. he will do what it takes and it's going to be fun to watch.

we are of course quite biased.

Not sure he can top 450's in the first year, but who knows, he will be there sooner then later.

philG
6/23/2020 1:10am
Shane is disliked because he is so open about his faith. He seems like a class act to me. As for Sexton, one can only hope...

Yip.. i cant watch him or Webb on podium interviews.. if thats your thing, great, i dont need to know, and if you think its important that i do, then i am turning you off.
gharmon
6/23/2020 2:41am
They have a right to say what they want, they earned it. You guys have a right to turn the television. Good for all of y'all involved.
DoctorJD
6/23/2020 4:18am
Drtbykr wrote:
Dungey 2.0
I think if Dungey and KDub had a baby it would be Chase Sexton. He reminds me of both of them.
neysbo
6/23/2020 5:00am
I think some of Stars antics also stem from the fact that Chase was Stars top prospect back in B class and he left them to sign with Honda.
budlong802
6/23/2020 5:26am

philG wrote:
Yip.. i cant watch him or Webb on podium interviews.. if thats your thing, great, i dont need to know, and if you think its important...
Yip.. i cant watch him or Webb on podium interviews.. if thats your thing, great, i dont need to know, and if you think its important that i do, then i am turning you off.
Well hopefully Webb & Shane read this cuz if they find out that the great philG doesn't like what they're saying I'm sure they will stop
Kdunkin
Fantasy
1507th
6/23/2020 5:53am
ProKawi24 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:
And don't whine?

Shane is always whining about something in almost every interview he dose.
gt80rider
6/23/2020 7:22am
I used to think Forkner would end up the better pro... but now days it looks like Chase all day long.... Forkner waded himself up on championship day, where as Chase put in a true champions ride....
APLMAN99
6/23/2020 7:39am
levimx22 wrote:
i wonder if stew told him about what he did to reed at dilla in 02. what chase did to shane was pretty much identical
It looked like Shane didn't really try to pull away, but wanted to stay with him to try to force something. Could be wrong, but it definitely looked like he slowed to try to stay close. I thought that after that occurred, Chase had enough of it and just turned it up a notch and got away from the situation.
crowe176
6/23/2020 7:44am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 7:44am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/22/433874/s1200_104291131_347239806246669_7975565383378739488_n.jpg[/img]

I have an hour left of the show and Betts is starting to swap
Ted722
6/23/2020 8:08am
Drtbykr wrote:
Dungey 2.0
DoctorJD wrote:
I think if Dungey and KDub had a baby it would be Chase Sexton. He reminds me of both of them.
Yes. And has the perfect name as there will be more "Chasing Sexton" for his competition in the coming years!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/23/2020 8:38am
levimx22 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
It looked like Shane didn't really try to pull away, but wanted to stay with him to try to force something. Could be wrong, but it...
It looked like Shane didn't really try to pull away, but wanted to stay with him to try to force something. Could be wrong, but it definitely looked like he slowed to try to stay close. I thought that after that occurred, Chase had enough of it and just turned it up a notch and got away from the situation.
I think you're right. I was rooting for Shane over Chase, but here's what I saw:

Chase let Shane by so he could control the outcome. Didn't need to beat him; just needed to finish right behind him. No sense getting taken out near the end.
Shane then let him back by. (Presumably so he could have a chance at doing just that: taking Sexton out.)
Chase then said, "OK bud, let's go," and rode away from McElrath.
Crush
6/23/2020 8:41am
I feel like sometimes Chase looks down like RV did but seriously, check this style. Looks good on a bike!

hamncheeze
6/23/2020 8:50am
neysbo wrote:
I think some of Stars antics also stem from the fact that Chase was Stars top prospect back in B class and he left them to...
I think some of Stars antics also stem from the fact that Chase was Stars top prospect back in B class and he left them to sign with Honda.
The same Star Yamaha that poached that Frye kid from Suzuki? What’s that old saying about glass houses?
slowgti
6/23/2020 8:57am
It seems like when Shane let him bye, Chase wanted to make him regret that decision. And when sexton started pulling a gap, Shane sure looked like he lost some of his “pop”

Post a reply to: Sexton PulpMX - Interview

The Latest