Edited Date/Time 2/14/2022 6:06am
Pressed….
|
2/13/2022 1:02am
Stick a fork in both of them…

They may blame the bike, but their teammates look okay
jaun
2/13/2022 1:13am
No panic button for Anderson, he wasn't into it, that was clear to see, Panic button was hit with Tomac but we are back.

Roczen is done. It's sad I like him wish he had of got an SX championship. I reckon he would of if he stayed with KTM and not dick around with Suzuki.
Dirt.Squirt
2/13/2022 1:23am
To be fair Webb looked a litttle better but yes smash that panic button
2/13/2022 1:30am
jaun wrote:
No panic button for Anderson, he wasn't into it, that was clear to see, Panic button was hit with Tomac but we are back. Roczen is...
No panic button for Anderson, he wasn't into it, that was clear to see, Panic button was hit with Tomac but we are back.

Roczen is done. It's sad I like him wish he had of got an SX championship. I reckon he would of if he stayed with KTM and not dick around with Suzuki.
Yeah.... the Suzuki really derailed his career..Dry

The Shop

Alan Dove
2/13/2022 1:30am
The championship is all but over for Webb. He's a smart guy, so it would be unlikely he's going to bust his balls risking everything. Mileage on the new bike, and go for next year.
2/13/2022 1:45am
Alan Dove wrote:
The championship is all but over for Webb. He's a smart guy, so it would be unlikely he's going to bust his balls risking everything. Mileage...
The championship is all but over for Webb. He's a smart guy, so it would be unlikely he's going to bust his balls risking everything. Mileage on the new bike, and go for next year.
He won’t be on this bike next year.
Talisker
2/13/2022 2:05am
Turn out the lights, the party’s over!!!!!
PEPE001
2/13/2022 2:42am
Ken is not enjoying it anymore he lost the fire. Will be his last season!

There is an interview years back about retirement and he mentiond with the age of 27 he will be out.
Doesn't mean anything but i remeber this one.
jaun
2/13/2022 2:46am
jaun wrote:
No panic button for Anderson, he wasn't into it, that was clear to see, Panic button was hit with Tomac but we are back. Roczen is...

it's well documented on here and other sources. Remember Hiko going batshit to a German MX mag about the the as m and bike, Ken had just won the outdoor title with KTM
2/13/2022 3:48am
jaun wrote:

jaun wrote:
it's well documented on here and other sources. Remember Hiko going batshit to a German MX mag about the the as m and bike, Ken had...
it's well documented on here and other sources. Remember Hiko going batshit to a German MX mag about the the as m and bike, Ken had just won the outdoor title with KTM
In 2014 SX (On a KTM) His average SX finish was 5.7.
In 2015 SX (On a Suzuki) his average finish was 5.4. (then he got injured- broken ankle)
In 2016 SX (On a suzuki) his average finish was 3.94.

In 2014 MX (on KTM) His average finish was 1.92
In 2015 MX (SUZ) average finish was 3.75 (Remember he went in to the series recovering from the ankle injury)
In 2016 MX (SUZ) average finish was 1.25.

So aside from 2015 when his year was marred by injury, his 450 career on a Suzuki was more successful than his 450 career on the KTM.

Yes, as time went on he matured as a 450 rider. But you cannot say his career took a down-turn on the Suzuki.

What actually derailed his career was the arm injury/ies. And the first crash was stated to be caused by the suspension on the CRF being too soft. And upon his return he used a different brand of suspension. So if you're looking for a bike to blame..
cheers_22
2/13/2022 3:53am
jaun wrote:

You can thank the factory Honda for that. Notorious for pitching riders off unexpectedly
2/13/2022 4:12am
jaun wrote:

cheers_22 wrote:
You can thank the factory Honda for that. Notorious for pitching riders off unexpectedly
Im not sure I fully agree with that.

But the RMZ didnt ruin Roczen, that's for sure.
yota
2/13/2022 4:14am
PEPE001 wrote:
Ken is not enjoying it anymore he lost the fire. Will be his last season! There is an interview years back about retirement and he mentiond...
Ken is not enjoying it anymore he lost the fire. Will be his last season!

There is an interview years back about retirement and he mentiond with the age of 27 he will be out.
Doesn't mean anything but i remeber this one.
he seemed to be enjoying it when he won at A1.
spimx
2/13/2022 4:51am
Roczen I can see with all the injuries and his brother in law getting paralyzed. Webb is no good without the EPO.
Marcello10
2/13/2022 4:53am
It was hard to see Anstie going faster than Roczen in the whoops, he’s way off the pace
2/13/2022 4:58am
Marcello10 wrote:
It was hard to see Anstie going faster than Roczen in the whoops, he’s way off the pace
That was definitely VERY weird to see Roczen jumping through the whoops at the beginning of the race when everyone else was skimming them.
2/13/2022 5:02am
Webb now no wins after 6 rounds. Three 8th place finishes in a row. 6th in the points, 31 behind the leader. It is over for Webb.
SFellure33
2/13/2022 6:14am
I wonder if we will see Webb on a different manufacturer next season?
2/13/2022 7:52am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2022 8:05am
To me it’s pretty clear Webb is struggling with the bike. I know many don’t want to give him the benefit of the doubt and will point to other Austrian bikes results as a reason why that isn’t true but we all know there isn’t some magical setting that works for everyone. He very well could still be searching while others are getting it figured out.

On the other hand Kenny is a mystery. He looked great at A1 but hasn’t really looked to be anywhere near that form since. That being said I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come out and win another one of these soon.
gt80rider
2/13/2022 8:06am
Webb looks like his first two years in 450s on yamaha (results are similar).... just not comfortable... not willing to push... and while people love to rave about webbs race craft, they always seem to forget what a head case he can be.... Webb did fine at the opener this season.... same with kenny..... but now the wheels have come off.... all mental...
spimx
2/13/2022 8:06am
Webb will be Twisted tea Suzuki and Roczen will retire
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
2/13/2022 8:36am
Kenny crashed in the whoops in practice again.

It used to be his strong point, now after another crash they are searching for comfort.

Next week starts east coast whoops, and they will most likely breakdown to jumpers and the bike issues will go away.
Sandusky26
2/13/2022 8:39am
spimx wrote:
Roczen I can see with all the injuries and his brother in law getting paralyzed. Webb is no good without the EPO.
Damnit man.
motomike137
2/13/2022 8:40am
gt80rider wrote:
Webb looks like his first two years in 450s on yamaha (results are similar).... just not comfortable... not willing to push... and while people love to...
Webb looks like his first two years in 450s on yamaha (results are similar).... just not comfortable... not willing to push... and while people love to rave about webbs race craft, they always seem to forget what a head case he can be.... Webb did fine at the opener this season.... same with kenny..... but now the wheels have come off.... all mental...
He isn't getting starts and it sure doesn't look like this new bike can turn super tight like his old one. His biggest asset the last few years was his insane ability to pivot an turn under darn near anyone at anytime.
2/13/2022 8:41am
What??? That's the most asinine comment here. From my memory, his 2016 outdoor season was the 2nd most dominant season in recent history. 2nd only to Stew's perfect season. The Suz had a crap reputation, but for whatever reason, KR really jelled with it. I thought he was insane for leaving Suzuki. When he went to Honda, I felt that it was for the money.
8tensolutions
2/13/2022 8:46am
This has been going on since 2020 with Roczen. He had around 13 different illnesses or conditions when in Salt Lake, and even last year pulled over for Webb and just didn't seem to have the fight in him unless he got the holeshot. I am not putting him down either, but he clearly has mental blocks keeping him from that absolute elite level unless everything magically falls into place like it did at A1. I wish he could get past it, but it isn't looking good.
2/13/2022 8:52am
What??? That's the most asinine comment here. From my memory, his 2016 outdoor season was the 2nd most dominant season in recent history. 2nd only to...
What??? That's the most asinine comment here. From my memory, his 2016 outdoor season was the 2nd most dominant season in recent history. 2nd only to Stew's perfect season. The Suz had a crap reputation, but for whatever reason, KR really jelled with it. I thought he was insane for leaving Suzuki. When he went to Honda, I felt that it was for the money.
Slow down and go back and read my other comments in this thread. Once you've done that, delete this one.
kpiper
2/13/2022 8:57am
This has been going on since 2020 with Roczen. He had around 13 different illnesses or conditions when in Salt Lake, and even last year pulled...
This has been going on since 2020 with Roczen. He had around 13 different illnesses or conditions when in Salt Lake, and even last year pulled over for Webb and just didn't seem to have the fight in him unless he got the holeshot. I am not putting him down either, but he clearly has mental blocks keeping him from that absolute elite level unless everything magically falls into place like it did at A1. I wish he could get past it, but it isn't looking good.
If you recall, even after winning A1, Kenny seemed surprised by the win. He kept saying he had such a 'terrible' December.

That crash in the whoops a while back where Sexton hit him is still playing mind games.
Shred
Fantasy
64th
2/13/2022 9:38am
I picked Kenny to finish 5th and felt a little bad when I did it....bad that I was putting him that far down and bad knowing it was still going to screw me...and it did. Also...that track became brutal. Jason made me cringe every lap through the whoops but he manned through it. Heck...Chase looked ...meh....and he is being praised as the next god of SX.
I hope Kenny resists the excuse game, health blah blah blah, and just rides out the season the best he can.

Post a reply to: Roczen and Webb…

The Latest