Roczen

FerCzD
What's up with KR94? I'd love to see him taking a win, but each race it seems something is not clicking with him... Hopefully he gets back at it, at least for the outdoors, wich comes more naturally to him
|
devotid
Fantasy
367th
1/26/2019 10:08pm
Give TRex time.... he will be there.
Spudinki25
1/26/2019 10:15pm
I think he has the speed but not the race fitness/ intensity to win yet. He definitely has one coming down the road.
rutsmash
1/26/2019 10:26pm
Two big injuries has to take a toll on you mentally. This could be the effect. I hope not but completely understandable..
1/26/2019 10:30pm
I think it's amazing he's even out there, let alone running in the top 5. Most riders would have been sidelined for life.

The Shop

Tumic
1/27/2019 1:04am
Looked like armpump the second half of the moto?.

We all know he can put in the fastest laptime but the question is if his arms is to messed up for him to ever be a real title contender again.
1/27/2019 1:24am
Nothing's up with him. Nothing's up with Tomac, either. The whole field has stepped up their game. All the riders are talking about how fast everyone is.
1/27/2019 2:15am
Nothing's up with him. Nothing's up with Tomac, either. The whole field has stepped up their game. All the riders are talking about how fast everyone...
Nothing's up with him. Nothing's up with Tomac, either. The whole field has stepped up their game. All the riders are talking about how fast everyone is.
You’re probably right Dave
Motofinne
1/27/2019 2:21am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 2:48am
Nothing's up with him. Nothing's up with Tomac, either. The whole field has stepped up their game. All the riders are talking about how fast everyone...
I have to disagree. Marvin has gone 2-2 the last 2 races, do you think that he is at his peak right now? I would say no way. The level that Marvin and Tomac was on last year is in my opinion way higher than what we've seen these 4 rounds.

Edit: Just listened to this interview of Marvin. This week was the first that he was able to ride all week. Listen to this and you see that Marvin came into the season really, really far behind.

https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Marvin-Musquin-I-was-definitely…
Crush
1/27/2019 2:27am
I really think Kenny’s bike looks unforgiving, doesn’t look like it’s suspended like any of his other bikes.
Motofinne
1/27/2019 2:38am
Crush wrote:
I really think Kenny’s bike looks unforgiving, doesn’t look like it’s suspended like any of his other bikes.
I agree.
Superdave19
1/27/2019 5:27am
Crush wrote:
Me too
1/27/2019 5:47am
Just like the everyone else here, I have met a lot of racers over the last 40 years. I have never met a single one that was able to be 100% mentally unaffected by their injuries.

I've seen guys whose entire mentality changed just because they got their first girlfriend and some had it happen after their first child. But most it was an injury of some type. It effects some more than others, but the point is, it hits everyone in some way. I do not think we are able to remove the experience of an injury from our subconscious.
1/27/2019 5:51am
Crush wrote:
Yep. Maybe (or probably) it's caused by the injury, but I don't like how he looks on the Honda at all compared to when he was on KTM and Suzuki.
nytsmaC
1/27/2019 6:15am
It’s especially hard to get your head right after a crash like his first major arm break if you can’t pinpoint exactly what caused the crash with 100% certainty. If he’s still doubting whether he did something wrong but doesn’t even know what it was, or if the bike malfunctioned, either way it’s got to be hard to put 100% trust into himself or his bike again after that. It’s something he’d just have to block out on race day, which would be pretty difficult to do with what he went through.

If this is the case I don’t know that anyone could really get back to 100%. Hopefully that’s not the case and he knows in his head exactly what went wrong, so that it could have been addressed properly.
drt410
1/27/2019 6:22am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 6:25am
Crush wrote:
EnvyMedia wrote:
Yep. Maybe (or probably) it's caused by the injury, but I don't like how he looks on the Honda at all compared to when he was...
Yep. Maybe (or probably) it's caused by the injury, but I don't like how he looks on the Honda at all compared to when he was on KTM and Suzuki.
I feel that way about Tomac with Kawi. If you watch vids of how he rode the Honda it was all touch and finesse, it was freaking incredible to watch the way him and that bike flowed through the course. Hes a strong dude so manhandling and throwing the rear tire around on the Kawi works for him, but I cant help but think hed be unstoppable if he stayed with Honda. The only real gauge we can have is Dungey and in Roczens prime he was putting 40 seconds on Dunge in 16’ at his best races and for 3 races in 15’ Eli was throwing down minute + leads and Dungey says on camera hes never had anything like that happen to him.

Roczen on that new zook would have been a match made in heaven and now JGR would actually have a title shot too. Eli on that universally loved Honda would have been special, he is now, but I really think we missed something as fans not seeing him on that bike.
BobPA
1/27/2019 6:40am
drt410 wrote:
I feel that way about Tomac with Kawi. If you watch vids of how he rode the Honda it was all touch and finesse, it was...
I feel that way about Tomac with Kawi. If you watch vids of how he rode the Honda it was all touch and finesse, it was freaking incredible to watch the way him and that bike flowed through the course. Hes a strong dude so manhandling and throwing the rear tire around on the Kawi works for him, but I cant help but think hed be unstoppable if he stayed with Honda. The only real gauge we can have is Dungey and in Roczens prime he was putting 40 seconds on Dunge in 16’ at his best races and for 3 races in 15’ Eli was throwing down minute + leads and Dungey says on camera hes never had anything like that happen to him.

Roczen on that new zook would have been a match made in heaven and now JGR would actually have a title shot too. Eli on that universally loved Honda would have been special, he is now, but I really think we missed something as fans not seeing him on that bike.
Some wildy intense speculation right there.
Motofinne
1/27/2019 6:44am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 6:48am
Both Roczens and Tomacs approach to this season has been smart and it has worked since nobody else has been able to run away with this. But i think that it's changing now.

Like i said earlier, Marvin was so far behind coming into A1 and he is getting closer and closer to his normal level. And now Webb is able to deliver wins and probably consistent podium/top 5 rides every week. This conservative tactic that 94 and 3 have will not work that much longer.

With that said, Tomac is in a way better spot compared to any other year pointswise. So it's a bit weird to sit here and complain about his finishes.
1/27/2019 7:47am
he is watching the whole season imo and it is apparent every race so far this year, last nights track could easily have caused an issue the way it was turning over and he chose not to keep pushing

it is his 1st season back from doom, think about that and where he must be at mentally, i imagine he is happy enough with how it went knowing he has another 13 ? rounds to go even though he lost the RP which at the point of the season doesn't mean a great deal

plenty of racing to go
Kid Spam
1/27/2019 7:51am
Roczen is minimizing risk. Tomac is doing the same. 12 guys didn't get as fast as Eli this fall.
slipdog
1/27/2019 7:52am
Love me some chicken wings!
1/27/2019 7:54am
Roczen is a bit too much of a gentleman on the track in my opinion , takes him way too long to pass some riders.. he has the speed ....havent seen a single blockpass , all passes were so perfect and clean ...nothing wrong with that , but takes a lot of time sometimes on these narrow tracks and could mess up your rythm as you wont be able to ride your own lines
Maybe a result of his injuries ??
joeellis
1/27/2019 7:55am
Many rounds to go and results in the east could be very different.
slipdog
1/27/2019 8:11am
Roczen is a bit too much of a gentleman on the track in my opinion , takes him way too long to pass some riders.. he...
Roczen is a bit too much of a gentleman on the track in my opinion , takes him way too long to pass some riders.. he has the speed ....havent seen a single blockpass , all passes were so perfect and clean ...nothing wrong with that , but takes a lot of time sometimes on these narrow tracks and could mess up your rythm as you wont be able to ride your own lines
I think you are correct. Speed is one thing but having 100% confidence in his arms/injuries probably leads him to be more tentative than others when racing close and making passes. His #1 priority has to be to stay off the ground right now.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/27/2019 8:26am
Crush wrote:
Thought the same thing when I watched him through the whoops a few times. Just didn’t look good at all. Ken’s bikes are usually dialed in and seem to handle great, but last night it looked like it was beating him up.
USMCMXer
1/27/2019 9:23am
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the mental toll the serious spinal chord injuries to his trainer/brother in-law/close friend, may be having on him. Blake Savage was injured riding with KR a few weeks ago. I say it is a factor?
Kawi15
1/27/2019 9:25am
He looked great in practice, but as they were saying typically when Roczen has the fast time in practice he is off a little in the mains. Maybe it has to do with tires like Holley was endlessly talking about. 250's with the 110's, and going before hand make more narrow ruts which the 450's with the 120's get hung up in. Especially those Whoop sections. Those were brutal last night.
Natester551v
1/27/2019 9:32am
Roczen is a bit too much of a gentleman on the track in my opinion , takes him way too long to pass some riders.. he...
Agreed...watching him linger behind Reedy the last two round has been frustrating to say the least.

Still...has only a couple of points out of the lead! Couldn't help but think last night that it seems like no one wants to win, so Cooper is like "I'll do it"...
1/27/2019 9:59am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 10:00am
A wise man once said “the season doesn’t start till Daytona “

Post a reply to: Roczen

The Latest