Red flag restarts suck

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2020 9:31 PM

Once everyone is past the first turn that is the running order. Line them up don’t drop another gate

|

1/25/2020 9:33 PM

Did the restart affect your fantasy points? wassat

|

You’re gonna love this neighborhood, every house here recycles.

1/25/2020 9:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2020 9:36 PM

No I don’t play fantasy

|

1/25/2020 9:37 PM

Thems the rules

|

1/25/2020 9:47 PM

I think it's worth a conversation at least, regardless of the reason OP made the thread.

|

1/25/2020 9:48 PM

Obviously is the rules but doesn’t mean they are good rules

|

1/25/2020 9:50 PM

Staggered start if one lap is complete.

|

1/25/2020 9:52 PM

Mxkid100 wrote:

Obviously is the rules but doesn’t mean they are good rules

depends, if the rider(s) you support had average or bad result because of the restarts then that should not be the reason for change....conversely, rider(s) you dont like had great results should not be a reason for change.

Why are they not good rules?

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/25/2020 9:55 PM

It’s a shame someone has to get hurt cause one.

|

1/25/2020 10:01 PM

Deja New wrote:

It’s a shame someone has to get hurt cause one.

is there another reason it would come out?

|

1/25/2020 10:01 PM

I agree if a lap is completed you have a set running order that has went through timing and scoring. I don't see the reason for a full restart at that point.

|

1/25/2020 10:10 PM

Rolling starts??

|

1/25/2020 10:14 PM

Deja New wrote:

It’s a shame someone has to get hurt cause one.

xrmark wrote:

is there another reason it would come out?

Nope just an observation about the OPs comment that it sucks for him having a restart, never mind the injured rider.

|

1/25/2020 10:16 PM

I like it changes things up. What happens at your local track? Drop gate restart. I think the rules are pretty good the way they are throws something different in there to see from time to time.

|

1/25/2020 10:25 PM

I don't know but 5 starts is alot!

|

1/26/2020 1:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 1:03 AM

That last restart changed a lot. On a positive note. Good to see the AMA following the rules that are inside the rule book.

|

1/26/2020 2:01 AM

Staggered start is only way after first lap. Now it just ruined races.

|

1/26/2020 2:10 AM

Pretty hard to say it wouldn't have affected the results tonight quite drastically.

Like anything in racing it can go either way but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a rule that gets changed to 1-lap down equals a formation start sooner or later.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/26/2020 3:47 AM

By restarting an entire race you're turning one guys bad luck into another guys good luck. Sucks that Blose went down but we were robbed of a potentially awesome race with Ken and ET buddies in the pack!

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

1/26/2020 4:41 AM

First red flag was after half a lap.

|

1/26/2020 5:10 AM

Pheonix has had 3 red flags in last two years.

|

1/26/2020 6:21 AM

I really would like to see the logic behind three laps. It doesn’t make sense. The first restart absolutely you rerack them. It was a crash off the start and they hadn’t even went through every section yet. But the second one I don’t understand why that would be a case where it makes any sense at all to do a complete rerack.

|

1/26/2020 6:27 AM

Even just change the rule for the triple crowns, they’re all ready doing enough starts as it is

|

1/26/2020 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 6:54 AM

Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just slow down in that part of the track.

That one was more frustrating to me than Blose in the whoops. I think two things need to happen, they need to be more selective about putting out the red flag (bogle incident), and if it is after 1 lap I would go to single file restart like mentioned above.

I am a Tomac fan but he really got the short end of the stick on the restarts and Anderson got screwed too.

|

1/26/2020 6:53 AM

As long as no one got hurt i dont care

|

1/26/2020 7:10 AM

mx 219 wrote:

Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just slow down in that part of the track.

That one was more frustrating to me than Blose in the whoops. I think two things need to happen, they need to be more selective about putting out the red flag (bogle incident), and if it is after 1 lap I would go to single file restart like mentioned above.

I am a Tomac fan but he really got the short end of the stick on the restarts and Anderson got screwed too.

I think the Bogle red flag was warranted. You couldn't see the medical team and downed rider from the turn before the little double/step off. You can wave the wheels on the ground flag all you want but history has shown some people don't see it. Gotta keep the downed rider and medics safe.

|

1/26/2020 7:20 AM

It seems like the officials are erring on the side of caution this year when it comes downed riders and throwing the red flag...which is a good thing in my opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with what they did last night for several reason:

1. Rider, Medical, and Track crew safety was the priority
2. The rules are clear and they followed the rules


|

1/26/2020 7:42 AM

Zaugg wrote:

It seems like the officials are erring on the side of caution this year when it comes downed riders and throwing the red flag...which is a good thing in my opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with what they did last night for several reason:

1. Rider, Medical, and Track crew safety was the priority
2. The rules are clear and they followed the rules


Was rule made when triple crowns were around

|

1/26/2020 7:47 AM

I’d guess a red flag and restart is better than riding around an injured rider for 11 laps. Or just leaving the injured rider laying beside the track (Ask Marty Smith, Houston 1978, about that).

True enough the second start does not duplicate the order of the first start, but it is part of the game we play.

|

1/26/2020 7:52 AM

It was interesting how on both of the races that got red flagged Tomac was ahead of roczen (and in first in the first one) and when they restarted roczen was out front again both times. Always helps to have a little luck on ur side even though he was riding great 😎

|