If I'm Cooper Webb....

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2020 9:02 PM

I'm calling Mr. Ken Roczen tomorrow...

"Kenny, we need to work together buddy. Neither of us have a shot at this title if we let the green bike follow us around for two more races. Let's bunch 'em up on Wednesday night and hope for some carnage behind us. This is the only way to put ourselves in a position to battle for the championship on Sunday. May the best man win"...

|

6/14/2020 9:10 PM

I'm an old man now and I don't get the mentality of winning at the cost of sacrificing good sportsmanship and honor. We are fans of Supercross racing . . . it's not Thunderdome

I cant recall Decoster, Smith, RC, Villipoto, Dungey, Stewart having to try to put their rival on the ground to be the best and win #1 plates.

|

^ Posers (Only Beta's Downvote)
Brapasaurus Rex

6/14/2020 9:12 PM

Ozy wrote:

I'm an old man now and I don't get the mentality of winning at the cost of sacrificing good sportsmanship and honor. We are ...more

True, but remember Vegas 2017? Tomac pulled some real b s in that main event

|

6/14/2020 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2020 9:14 PM

Kenny and Cooper working together? laughing laughing laughing laughing w00t

|

6/14/2020 9:15 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

But that was one of the most exciting races that year.. I rewatched it recently.. great stuff

|

6/14/2020 9:16 PM

Ozy wrote:

I'm an old man now and I don't get the mentality of winning at the cost of sacrificing good sportsmanship and honor. We are ...more

rongi#401 wrote:

I don't remember Vegas 2017 and will go look at the youtube. If Eli did that it's a bitch move and Karma paid him back in 18

|

^ Posers (Only Beta's Downvote)
Brapasaurus Rex

6/14/2020 9:17 PM

If I'm Cooper Webb I'm shaking my head thinking that Kenny beat me even with his illnesses and I'm getting ready to win on Wednesday and redeem myself.

|

6/14/2020 9:19 PM

Spudinki45 wrote:

If I'm Cooper Webb I'm shaking my head thinking that Kenny beat me even with his illnesses and I'm getting ready to win on ...more

What his made up illness?

|

6/14/2020 9:24 PM

Ozy wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

Ozy wrote:

I don't remember Vegas 2017 and will go look at the youtube. If Eli did that it's a bitch move and Karma paid him back in 18

It wasn't that bad in that race. Eli did try to bunch up Dungey with some other riders and make things interesting but he never did anything "dirty" (and I was a big Dungey fan). Dungey whined about it a little on the podium (I didn;t care for his whining about it), but if he thinks that was dirty, then he obviously forgot some of the things JLaw did to him. If Webb were to bunch up some riders to see if Eli can run the gauntlet then so be it. But no blatant take outs. Honestly, Webb's brake check on the start on Eli was more potentially risky tonight than anything Eli did to Dungey in that race. Remember, Marv pulled over for Dungey in an earlier race too. Nobody is pulling over for Eli, nor does he need them to.

|

6/14/2020 9:25 PM

Spudinki45 wrote:

If I'm Cooper Webb I'm shaking my head thinking that Kenny beat me even with his illnesses and I'm getting ready to win on ...more

he is already the wednesday wonder after 2 wins, what level could he possibly ascend to with 3?

|

6/14/2020 9:51 PM

Ozy wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

You’re an idiot

|

6/14/2020 10:04 PM

Ozy wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

No he did not he tried to bunch them up. He never torpedo Dungey like Osborne did savatchy.

The points were close so it was worth a shot.

|

6/14/2020 10:08 PM

dimesandrhymes wrote:

he is already the wednesday wonder after 2 wins, what level could he possibly ascend to with 3?

I mean there's always Cooper Webb's Wednesday Night Wet Dream of Orgasmic Proportions

|

6/14/2020 10:12 PM

|

6/14/2020 10:12 PM

Ozy wrote:

This, it never used to be about chickenshit moves like that.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

6/14/2020 10:17 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

"Kenny, we need to work together buddy. Neither of us have a shot at this title if we ...more

Cooper and Kenny will both no the exact difference between the 2nd place bonus and the 3rd place bonus,

They will not help each other, Eli needs 1 win , or 2 10th place finishes or better, or one win, to wrap this up. no matter how much bunching those two would do, it wont help

|

6/14/2020 10:18 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

Ozy wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

It wasn't that bad in that race. Eli did try to bunch up Dungey with some other riders and make things interesting but he ...more

While l mildly disagree with the factor of dirtyness in Eli bunch up strategy and was pretty pissed about it at the time, what l didn't understand was why Dungy didn't just park his ass right behind Eli and follow. Eli could have stopped on the track and Dungey should have just stopped right behind him but Dungey kept takin the bait. It was weird

Either way l'm still a proponent of Osborns winning strategy over Elis at that time.

|

6/14/2020 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2020 10:27 PM

The bunching in Vegas worked because Tomac was faster that day so he could control the battle.

If Cooper tries to bunch in SLC, once Eli gets around him, he is gone. I think Webb’s only shot is to get out from and try to win. Hope something happens to Eli back in the pack or someone gets between them.

|

6/14/2020 10:38 PM

"Kenny, we need to work together buddy. Neither of us have a shot at this title if we ...more

The likely hood of being able to bunch up enough to get Tomac outside the top 10 would be highly unlikely. If you remember when Tomac tried it on Dungey, it failed and Anderson when passed them both to win the race. It's also just as likely Tomac would go round Roczen and Webb and clear out for the win.

|

6/14/2020 10:42 PM

I am honestly hoping for a DNF on Wednesday for Tomac (don't let your heads explode little fan-bois....I dont' hate Tomac).... I would just love to see a thee way tight points battle one week from tonight. Winner take all.

The racing would be incredible. I hate watching someone cruise to a championship.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/14/2020 10:56 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

The bunching in Vegas worked because Tomac was faster that day so he could control the battle.

If Cooper tries to bunch in ...more

It depends on the track. If it's a track like tonight they are all pretty much even and Eli likely won't be able to pull away like he has on other tracks. I think Kenny had the fastest lap tonight, but I guess we don't know how hard Eli was pushing.

The best thing Kenny and Webb could do is play cat and mouse at the front if they start ahead of Eli...bunch up the pack and anything can happen. Eli tried it and it nearly worked.

|

6/14/2020 11:03 PM

Ozy wrote:

I don't see bunching the pack behind you as something dirty. It's for the championship and possibly seven figures $$$. It's called racing and creating pressure behind you. I want Tomac to win it but I would much rather see Tomac overcome some serious pressure in a bunched up pack of intense action instead of watching two snoozer races where he follows the leaders to the championship. Dungey overcame that very stressful 2017 situation and I'm sure the championship felt a little sweeter after dealing with Eli's bunching at the front. "And here comes REED!!!"

If you think bunching up is unsportsmanlike I can't imagine what you think of Cooper's brake check tonight.

|

6/14/2020 11:24 PM

I don't see bunching the pack behind you as something dirty. It's for the championship and possibly seven figures $$$. It's ...more

"Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

If you think bunching up is unsportsmanlike I can't imagine what you think of Cooper's brake check tonight."

Pure race craft.

Drops mic.... wink

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/14/2020 11:24 PM

Spudinki45 wrote:

It is already a given the Webb wins on Wednesday night, he is the Wednesday night Wonder.

He will go down in history as the winning-est rider on a Wednesday night in Supercross History.

Webb Wednesday Winningest Wonder, just hanging to hear Ralph run that line on Wednesday.

|

6/15/2020 12:23 AM

Ozy wrote:

I’ll bet most of the 21 people “liking” this comment we’re fine with it when it was Tomac doing the same thing to Dungey at Vegas a couple years ago

|

6/15/2020 12:51 AM

Eli did what he did in Vegas because KTM fixed the previous race, that pass made on Musquin gave Dungey three more points that could have made a difference on the outcome of the championship and consequently on the way Eli would have ridden his final race. Because of that he know that he really couldn't just win in Vegas anymore and so he decided to play the rules his own way like KTM did in New Jersey the weekend before.

|

6/15/2020 1:31 AM

Eli lays wood on Wednesday, wins, and closes out the title a round early. My uneducated opinion is that his laying up in the second half of the main today was a prelude. The win was beyond reach without a massive effort, so mail it in and don't over exert, to be fresher for Wednesday.

|

6/15/2020 2:43 AM

Web or roczen aren’t quick enough to hold up tomac, bunching them up will just allow tomac to get close enough to pass them and check out

|

6/15/2020 4:20 AM

Ozy wrote:

Talk to Chad Reed and Eli Tomac about this. Reed was blatantly trying to take Stewart out the one year in Vegas and Tomac tried being a little more subtle with Dungey but it was obvious.

|

6/15/2020 4:41 AM

Webb and KR had all season to beat ET straight up consistently every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday. If they have to resort to blatant take outs and dirty riding to accomplish the championship now they both can pound sand. I personally like watching racing for actual racing. WWE is not my thing. Yes rubbing is racing and that’s cool but there’s also a thing called sportsmanship.

|