Had a long chat with Santa....

Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
Edited Date/Time 12/23/2019 8:41pm
So me n Santy had a long chat and we decided to update all my rides.

First ride was my 2006 RM250 got updated to a 2019 TC250. I changed brands but couldn’t change colours so we called Santa and got some yellow plastics ( ploisport ) and graphics by SKDA.








Next ride was the sons JR50 it got replaced with a TC50. Man Santa’s got some sweet toys for the kids these days. It’s still white got the graphics matching mine but the yellow plastics have not arrived.



Last ride was the wife well she’s a 91 model and I figured I’d do a complete strip down tested the barrel and bottom end did a compression test and found she didn’t need replacing so we just got her a new set of plastics ( DD Tongue ) and lastly some new graphics by husqvarna.... I’ll post some more pics as I get them of her once I get the graphics installed.

Here are the graphics.





Big shout out to Oliver’s motorcycles for looking after me SKDA for getting the graphics done so fast and Santa for making this the best Christmas ever can’t wait to take the TC250 and the wife for a spin Wink
70
|
Last Braaap
Posts
1797
Joined
4/19/2019
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow, CZ
12/18/2019 1:43am
Dude, you are seriously good negotiator if you made this deal with Santa. Congratz.
11
12/18/2019 6:41am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2019 6:43am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The wife description was great! Congrats on the new bikes dude!

The early 90’s model wife’s are pretty good to go! Mines a 90’s model and I wouldn’t change her for anything. No new plastic for her though. Keepin her stock
11
Falcon
Posts
12613
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
12/18/2019 8:19am
I just about spat out my orange juice when I read about the strip down test! I'm going to have to do the barrel, bottom end and compression test on my '81 model... she's a looker but has a few hours on her now. It might be about time for a complete overhaul! Laughing
6
dadofagun
Posts
2057
Joined
3/28/2015
Location
Satan's Hollow, OK, USA
Fantasy
12/18/2019 9:15am
One of the best Moto/Christmas posts ever! I'll hit you up for pointers on handling Santa negotiations in the near future.... You Sir, are a professional. Congrats!
3

The Shop

Moto520
Posts
3667
Joined
2/4/2013
Location
Schaumburg, IL, USA
12/18/2019 9:22am
Please send the wife photos....
5
12/18/2019 9:24am
Deja New wrote:
So me n Santy had a long chat and we decided to update all my rides. First ride was my 2006 RM250 got updated to a...
So me n Santy had a long chat and we decided to update all my rides.

First ride was my 2006 RM250 got updated to a 2019 TC250. I changed brands but couldn’t change colours so we called Santa and got some yellow plastics ( ploisport ) and graphics by SKDA.








Next ride was the sons JR50 it got replaced with a TC50. Man Santa’s got some sweet toys for the kids these days. It’s still white got the graphics matching mine but the yellow plastics have not arrived.



Last ride was the wife well she’s a 91 model and I figured I’d do a complete strip down tested the barrel and bottom end did a compression test and found she didn’t need replacing so we just got her a new set of plastics ( DD Tongue ) and lastly some new graphics by husqvarna.... I’ll post some more pics as I get them of her once I get the graphics installed.

Here are the graphics.





Big shout out to Oliver’s motorcycles for looking after me SKDA for getting the graphics done so fast and Santa for making this the best Christmas ever can’t wait to take the TC250 and the wife for a spin Wink
Well done.
1
Hammer 663s
Posts
3115
Joined
6/2/2016
Location
None, AE, USA
12/18/2019 9:34am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2019 9:35am
Nicely done! I got new plastics for the wife a few years back. One of my better investments. Mine is a much older model (then again so am I - 1963) but stays up on the maintenance and looks/runs like new. Smile

Hammer
2
tek14
Posts
4974
Joined
1/26/2014
Location
Vantaa, FI
12/18/2019 9:47am
Nice! Bike looks clean.
1
Bruce372
Posts
6329
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/18/2019 9:49am
^^^winning right there!

Congrats.
1
Bruce372
Posts
6329
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/18/2019 9:51am
Moto520 wrote:
Please send the wife photos....
I can refer you to a very good doctor nearwhere you live 😂😂😂😂
1
JM485
Posts
5826
Joined
10/1/2013
Location
Davis, CA, USA
12/18/2019 9:56am
Hmm, I thought I was doing alright over here in life but it appears I was mistaken.Laughing
1
Chance1216
Posts
8986
Joined
4/1/2018
Location
Carson, CA, USA
12/18/2019 10:14am
Very nice bikes and plastics 😉.
1
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 11:19am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The wife description was great! Congrats on the new bikes dude! The early 90’s model wife’s are pretty good to go! Mines...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The wife description was great! Congrats on the new bikes dude!

The early 90’s model wife’s are pretty good to go! Mines a 90’s model and I wouldn’t change her for anything. No new plastic for her though. Keepin her stock
Thanks Matty Smile im a 74 model have no idea how I pulled that of having a 91 model wife she’s an amazing person I’d never trade her been together 10 years now.
3
1
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 11:22am
Falcon wrote:
I just about spat out my orange juice when I read about the strip down test! I'm going to have to do the barrel, bottom end...
I just about spat out my orange juice when I read about the strip down test! I'm going to have to do the barrel, bottom end and compression test on my '81 model... she's a looker but has a few hours on her now. It might be about time for a complete overhaul! Laughing
Overhauls can be lots of fun Smile remember to check all the lube too Wink and run enough oil don’t want to break a piston Woohoo
2
lumpy790
Posts
11800
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
12/18/2019 11:24am
Well done sir!

Love the Yellow/Black look!!!
1
Spudnut
Posts
1943
Joined
6/25/2018
Location
USA
12/18/2019 11:30am
Dude, you are seriously good negotiator if you made this deal with Santa. Congratz.
Musta been one hell of a compression test!
1
12/18/2019 11:39am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The wife description was great! Congrats on the new bikes dude! The early 90’s model wife’s are pretty good to go! Mines...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The wife description was great! Congrats on the new bikes dude!

The early 90’s model wife’s are pretty good to go! Mines a 90’s model and I wouldn’t change her for anything. No new plastic for her though. Keepin her stock
Deja New wrote:
Thanks Matty :) im a 74 model have no idea how I pulled that of having a 91 model wife she’s an amazing person I’d never...
Thanks Matty Smile im a 74 model have no idea how I pulled that of having a 91 model wife she’s an amazing person I’d never trade her been together 10 years now.
Nice work man!
1
12/18/2019 11:39am
Deja New won Christmas this year.
6
Bruce372
Posts
6329
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/18/2019 11:40am
JM485 wrote:
Hmm, I thought I was doing alright over here in life but it appears I was mistaken.Laughing
Dude. You've got 3 bikes a degree, a nice new van and you look 15 and weigh half of what most of us do.

Dont be complaining since its down hill from there 😂😂😂😂
4
12/18/2019 11:43am
JM485 wrote:
Hmm, I thought I was doing alright over here in life but it appears I was mistaken.Laughing
Bruce372 wrote:
Dude. You've got 3 bikes a degree, a nice new van and you look 15 and weigh half of what most of us do. Dont be...
Dude. You've got 3 bikes a degree, a nice new van and you look 15 and weigh half of what most of us do.

Dont be complaining since its down hill from there 😂😂😂😂
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's not wrong, Josh
1
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 1:23pm
It’s 7am here just got back from my first ride on the TC and I’m in love no arm pump hydraulic clutch is amazing the wp aer were ok in stock trim will take them to MPS a local guy to fix up a little to much bounce on landing.

Well I’ve just cracked a beer at 7 and about to do my last days work for this year.

Thanks all for the comments I hope everyone has an awesome Christmas as good as mine Wink

The morning views.....


9
12/18/2019 2:13pm
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? Huh




Laughing Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new plastic. Went with the same size on an ‘85 model in 2011 I think it was. Thought maybe the 450 plastic would look disproportionate on a little 110, but it turned out great. The accompanying confidence boost had me riding 2-3 times a day for the first couple weeks, but all that riding caused some armpump which resulted into multiple faceplants into the doubles. I just shook my head.
4
12/18/2019 2:33pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? :huh: :laugh: Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new...
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? Huh




Laughing Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new plastic. Went with the same size on an ‘85 model in 2011 I think it was. Thought maybe the 450 plastic would look disproportionate on a little 110, but it turned out great. The accompanying confidence boost had me riding 2-3 times a day for the first couple weeks, but all that riding caused some armpump which resulted into multiple faceplants into the doubles. I just shook my head.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
1
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 2:35pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? :huh: :laugh: Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new...
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? Huh




Laughing Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new plastic. Went with the same size on an ‘85 model in 2011 I think it was. Thought maybe the 450 plastic would look disproportionate on a little 110, but it turned out great. The accompanying confidence boost had me riding 2-3 times a day for the first couple weeks, but all that riding caused some armpump which resulted into multiple faceplants into the doubles. I just shook my head.
It’s comments like these and all the ones above that make bring me back to vital so many guys with an awesome sense of humor and positive vibes. Thanks
5
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 2:39pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? :huh: :laugh: Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new...
Geezus, what exactly happened while you were sitting on Santa’s lap? Huh




Laughing Kidding aside, congrats man! New bikes look great and you’ll love the new plastic. Went with the same size on an ‘85 model in 2011 I think it was. Thought maybe the 450 plastic would look disproportionate on a little 110, but it turned out great. The accompanying confidence boost had me riding 2-3 times a day for the first couple weeks, but all that riding caused some armpump which resulted into multiple faceplants into the doubles. I just shook my head.
im Waiting for the track to be heeled a little more before I can hit the doubles.....
6
peelout
Posts
18423
Joined
1/6/2011
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
12/18/2019 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2019 4:55pm
my '86 has got 5 years on your mount but still has the stock top-end. i went ahead and bored her out and now we're expecting the new 2020 model. gonna be a while before she's back to looking like the original.
15
Deja New
Posts
2784
Joined
11/22/2016
Location
AU
12/18/2019 4:55pm
peelout wrote:
my '86 has got 5 years on your mount but still has the stock top-end. i went ahead and bored her out and now we're expecting...
my '86 has got 5 years on your mount but still has the stock top-end. i went ahead and bored her out and now we're expecting the new 2020 model. gonna be a while before she's back to looking like the original.
I think a big congrats is in order here.....
3
kzizok
Posts
8428
Joined
10/19/2010
Location
USA
12/18/2019 4:58pm
HOF!
3
1
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/18/2019 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2019 5:19pm
I'd say Deja is pretty much having the best damn early Christmas that a dude could have! Congrats on all 3 of them things.......you lucky bastard! Laughing
1

Post a reply to: Had a long chat with Santa....

The Latest