Did I hear Ralph right?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2020 7:30 PM

When yelling about Webb and Tomac, It sounded like he said "these two are 1,2,and 3 in the championship".
Did anyone else hear that, or are my geezer ears failing me?

|

3/7/2020 7:34 PM

I dunno but I swear I heard RC in the broadcast say "Those ruts are getting pretty rutty" 😂😂

|

3/7/2020 7:34 PM

First mistake; you listened to Ralph.

|

3/7/2020 7:35 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I dunno but I swear I heard RC in the broadcast say "Those ruts are getting pretty rutty"

Photo
|

3/7/2020 7:35 PM

just James wrote:

When yelling about Webb and Tomac, It sounded like he said "these two are 1,2,and 3 in the championship".
Did anyone else hear ...more

No you’re right.

|

3/7/2020 7:36 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I dunno but I swear I heard RC in the broadcast say "Those ruts are getting pretty rutty"

Yeah the ruts were super rutty, but apart from that I think RC did a good job in the booth tonight. Gotta give him some credit, he is getting better.

|

3/7/2020 7:36 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Photo
|

3/7/2020 7:42 PM

He said it. I was wondering if he was using the "as they run now" points. Which you can pretty much bet on since Webb races forward and Barcia bashes his way back throughout the field. Friese and Barcia should have an Anchor of the Race Award.

|

3/7/2020 7:43 PM

Sometimes I feel you guys watch the race for comentaries. Me, I don`t listen to half of it. Most of the time it`s just background noise.

|

3/7/2020 7:44 PM

just James wrote:

Did anyone else hear ...more

I’m not sure. I stopped listening to Ralph after the start of one of the heats. If I’m not mistaken, he kept on talking about something else during the start. I mean, ya know, the start isn’t really all that important.

|

3/7/2020 7:47 PM

kongols wrote:

Sometimes I feel you guys watch the race for comentaries. Me, I don`t listen to half of it. Most of the time it`s just ...more

What happens is you just watch and tune in, and the dribble you already know about you don’t pay attention to but when he says something is incorrect it stands out. The announcer shouldn’t be announcing stuff as fact that isn’t factually correct.

|

3/7/2020 7:47 PM

kongols wrote:

Sometimes I feel you guys watch the race for comentaries. Me, I don`t listen to half of it. Most of the time it`s just ...more

I am 100 percent in agreement I don’t need commentary I can see what’s going on.

|

3/7/2020 7:53 PM

kongols wrote:

Excaliburbmx wrote:

I am 100 percent in agreement I don’t need commentary I can see what’s going on.

So it’s ok to grow the sport with wrong information???

|

3/7/2020 7:55 PM

Did anyone hear them even mention it was tomacs 4th win??

|

3/7/2020 7:59 PM

I personally was a big fan of the awkward silence before the gate drop. Card goes sideways, RC mid sentence “oh”....10 seconds of silence

|

3/7/2020 8:00 PM

Seems like I'm always hearin...."and here comes the checkers, oh wait one more lap"

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

3/7/2020 8:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2020 8:01 PM

Too bad he didnt have 5 in a row. That would have been a record for consecutive wins.

|

3/7/2020 8:07 PM

kongols wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

What happens is you just watch and tune in, and the dribble you already know about you don’t pay attention to but when he says ...more

It's called a mistake dude chill.

|

3/7/2020 8:09 PM

"Ricky can you described the definition of what you mean when you say peak of the whoops"

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

3/7/2020 8:26 PM

He said that this is the only race you don’t want to go to the LCQ because the race is so grueling. Lol wtf? Yea everyone wants to go to the LCQ every other race you crazy bastard.

|

3/7/2020 8:50 PM

Anyone catch Ralph talking about Sexton's "man-body" and how chase is "filling out". My wife looked at me and asked me if this announcer really just said that. I said yes dear.....Ralph throws out some bizarre shit. Hahaha

|

3/7/2020 9:25 PM

Noticed Ricky said “Anderson hasn’t led here since 2008” and kept going without skipping a beat. I’m sure he meant 2018. I’m not as hard on Ralph and Ricky as most of the group here is but I felt tonight was rough and just awkward all around. They had no rev/bike Audio during one of the gate drops and that was strange.

|

3/7/2020 10:07 PM

the weekly bitch about the announcing thread, rinse and repeat...

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

3/7/2020 10:37 PM

He also said," he's going to ride around and do hand fives", after one of the heats. The dude is the worst at commenting.

|

3/7/2020 10:48 PM

I was also really confused everytime Ralph said that Daytona is the BIGGEST dirtbike race of the year, what's the point of dropping that statement multiple times even?

|

3/7/2020 11:19 PM

BAR TO BAR!

|

I blame Honda.

3/7/2020 11:49 PM

Must of been hard on RC announcing this race knowing he was to blame for the piss poor racing due to track design...
Ralph’s like ability would of gone up a notch if he had of said “Rick this track is terrible!” Call it how you see it Bud

|

3/8/2020 12:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2020 12:56 AM

motonation24 wrote:

Must of been hard on RC announcing this race knowing he was to blame for the piss poor racing due to track design...
Ralph’s ...more

I don't know about you, but it was good as it can get given the parameters Ricky and the crew have to work with. Lots of layout restrictions.

On a side note, the distinction between a FELD and a Daytona run event is glaring.

Now I'm no FELD cheerleader by any means, but there is a distinct difference in how much more efficient they are at running things.

Made me miss the DigDugs.

|

3/8/2020 12:47 AM

All I knew it's that ken SET SAIL, for the millionth time

|

3/8/2020 1:12 AM

So many negative Neils, I enjoy the commentary and the racing hand in hand why does everyone need to over analyse everything? Yeah sure it isn’t perfect but who gives a fuck better than nothing build a bridge and move on you whinging whining bitches.

|