Barcia

Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 10:10am
Not really a fan of his but I thought he rode well that second moto till he fell and had a pretty good pace, was maybe holding Tomac and Anderson up a little bit but nevertheless he looked good IMO.

I'm not a fan of some of the guys decisions on track but the way things have gone for him over the past few years I hope he can keep it up and maybe sneak a moto win or two by the end of this, he definitely has the potential to.
|
struth
7/2/2017 3:09am
a firing n fast barcia would make for a better racing for rest of the year.
philG
7/2/2017 3:11am
I wanted Anderson to put him in the cheap seats for the win, just because he could, not because he needed to, just so Barcia got to be on the other end of how he normally rides.

He was holding everyone up, as soon as he went down Tomac ,Anderson and checked out from Marvin and Peick , but it was a good race up till that point .

Baggett putting himself on the floor spoiled what could have been a barn burner.
FTB
7/2/2017 3:24am
philG wrote:
I wanted Anderson to put him in the cheap seats for the win, just because he could, not because he needed to, just so Barcia got...
I wanted Anderson to put him in the cheap seats for the win, just because he could, not because he needed to, just so Barcia got to be on the other end of how he normally rides.

He was holding everyone up, as soon as he went down Tomac ,Anderson and checked out from Marvin and Peick , but it was a good race up till that point .

Baggett putting himself on the floor spoiled what could have been a barn burner.
Ironic.
ChrisB10
7/2/2017 3:58am
I was so bummed to see him crash. Love him or hate him, mx is more entertaining when Barcia is ripping. I thought for sure he'd get passed after a lap or 2 but he rode well and I hope it continues.

The Shop

7/2/2017 4:22am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I was so bummed to see him crash. Love him or hate him, mx is more entertaining when Barcia is ripping. I thought for sure he'd...
I was so bummed to see him crash. Love him or hate him, mx is more entertaining when Barcia is ripping. I thought for sure he'd get passed after a lap or 2 but he rode well and I hope it continues.
This.

I am not a mega-fan of Barcia. But there is no doubt that he brings excitement (and sometimes controversy) to the spectacle. His riding style is spectacular(!), whether or not it is effective.

As for people saying that he rides a wide bike and holds up "faster" riders -- it's called "racing", not "time-trialing".
Frodad78
7/2/2017 5:22am
I'm glad to see him riding better. He should have a pretty good showing next week. He was on the Podium last year at Southwick, I'd say he has a pretty good shot at landing there again.
Bowmanator
7/2/2017 6:46am
Tomac and Blake are very focused during the week, and unless a competitor is 'willing' to do the same he won't consistently beat those two. Barchia rides in my area during the week here in NC, but I can't tell you if he's that committed or not, but if I was forced to give an opinion I'd say no, and yes I'm aware of past injuries. I know when he first came to the team Johnny O was flying in to help him, but now I have no idea if anyone is pushing him to stay motivated or how the Omara regime went. Putting on the blinders ...stay away from the sports cars....no air-conditioner...work hard and serious with diet, at the track and gym...really want to win...the results come.

I want him to win for Coy and Joe Gibbs sake and team.
kkawboy14
7/2/2017 7:22am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 7:23am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I was so bummed to see him crash. Love him or hate him, mx is more entertaining when Barcia is ripping. I thought for sure he'd...
Agreed!

The kid proved he still has the speed, I personally thought he didn't have it on the 450, now if he can keep building his confidence back up!
Juice_Mann
7/2/2017 7:46am
He's always been a douche. When Anderson got by him the first time yesterday he went for the takeout. That's all he ever does. I have no idea why guys continue to put up with it. Also, I would argue that he is the worst performing rider at the factory level right now. Can't imagine any team that would want to sign his ass next year. Not worth the money when there are so many others to choose from.
7/2/2017 8:05am
Juice_Mann wrote:
He's always been a douche. When Anderson got by him the first time yesterday he went for the takeout. That's all he ever does. I have...
He's always been a douche. When Anderson got by him the first time yesterday he went for the takeout. That's all he ever does. I have no idea why guys continue to put up with it. Also, I would argue that he is the worst performing rider at the factory level right now. Can't imagine any team that would want to sign his ass next year. Not worth the money when there are so many others to choose from.
Well rides like yesterday are the exact reason he will get a ride, sure he didn't get the job done in the end but he was up front and got a lot of TV time. As for some of his antics I think he really needs to clean that up but I didn't see anything malicious yesterday, just someone not willing to give up a spot easily, can't fault him for that.
tickleme20
7/2/2017 8:23am
Yesterday's smooth track fit right into his track-hogging MO. Like him or not (I'm definitely not the biggest fan), he did an INCREDIBLE job holding off some of the best and fastest riders on the track yesterday. So mad props to him for that. It really was incredible watching him and Tomac react to each other on each turn.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/2/2017 8:36am
philG wrote:
I wanted Anderson to put him in the cheap seats for the win, just because he could, not because he needed to, just so Barcia got...

FTB wrote:
Ironic.
Its a black fly in your Chardonnay.
7/2/2017 8:57am
Juice_Mann wrote:
He's always been a douche. When Anderson got by him the first time yesterday he went for the takeout. That's all he ever does. I have...
What race were you watching? First moto Anderson passed him with no issue and the second moto Barcia went down and Anderson rode by him. I didn't see Barcia try to take out a single rider at Redbud. As for the worst performing factory rider, just check the results and see which factory riders he finished ahead of.

5. Justin Barcia (Suzuki) 7-6
6. Josh Grant (Kawasaki) 10-5
7. Cole Seely (Honda) 6-9
8. Justin Bogle (Suzuki) 9-7
9. Dean Wilson (Husqvarna) 8-8
10. Weston Peick (Suzuki) 14-4
11. Christian Craig (Honda) 5-12
12. Trey Canard (KTM) 13-11
14. Martin Davalos (Husqvarna) 15-13
17. Broc Tickle (Suzuki) 18-17
38. Cooper Webb (Yamaha) 38-37
7/2/2017 9:22am
philG wrote:

FTB wrote:
Ironic.
kzizok wrote:
Its a black fly in your Chardonnay.
A little too Ironic, I really do think.
motosurf
7/2/2017 9:26am
Juice_Mann wrote:
I bet you're the justin barcia of your job
Juice_Mann
7/2/2017 9:34am
Juice_Mann wrote:
What race were you watching? First moto Anderson passed him with no issue and the second moto Barcia went down and Anderson rode by him. I...
What race were you watching? First moto Anderson passed him with no issue and the second moto Barcia went down and Anderson rode by him. I didn't see Barcia try to take out a single rider at Redbud. As for the worst performing factory rider, just check the results and see which factory riders he finished ahead of.

Those results are from one race (his best race). I don't feel like pulling his average finishes from SX and MX to this point but I'm sure it's not very good at all.
Hut
7/2/2017 10:06am
I enjoyed seeing him up front. Maybe the start of things to come. BamBam is fun to watch ride and no dirtier than Ando.
When he rode for team USA at des nations no team wins but I felt like he put his heart into it and out performed "others" thus earning my respect!
Hut
7/2/2017 10:10am
Juice_Mann wrote:
motosurf wrote:
I bet you're the justin barcia of your job
except slow and no cool stories Laughing
7/2/2017 2:11pm
Bowmanator wrote:
Tomac and Blake are very focused during the week, and unless a competitor is 'willing' to do the same he won't consistently beat those two. Barchia...
Tomac and Blake are very focused during the week, and unless a competitor is 'willing' to do the same he won't consistently beat those two. Barchia rides in my area during the week here in NC, but I can't tell you if he's that committed or not, but if I was forced to give an opinion I'd say no, and yes I'm aware of past injuries. I know when he first came to the team Johnny O was flying in to help him, but now I have no idea if anyone is pushing him to stay motivated or how the Omara regime went. Putting on the blinders ...stay away from the sports cars....no air-conditioner...work hard and serious with diet, at the track and gym...really want to win...the results come.

You are the classic benchracer

You have no idea what Barcia has had to go through to get back to where he is now, and until you know the effort that is taken to even be running the pace of the best mx riders in the world you should just shut the hell up!!! It's basically a slap in the face to a pro that works his arse off to get back to where he wants to be.

I hate reading posts like yours, it's an embarrassment for you to even take shots at a guy like Barcia or any pro for that matter!!!!
Bowmanator
7/2/2017 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 3:35pm
Bowmanator wrote:
Tomac and Blake are very focused during the week, and unless a competitor is 'willing' to do the same he won't consistently beat those two. Barchia...

You are the classic benchracer You have no idea what Barcia has had to go through to get back to where he is now, and until...
You are the classic benchracer

You have no idea what Barcia has had to go through to get back to where he is now, and until you know the effort that is taken to even be running the pace of the best mx riders in the world you should just shut the hell up!!! It's basically a slap in the face to a pro that works his arse off to get back to where he wants to be.

I hate reading posts like yours, it's an embarrassment for you to even take shots at a guy like Barcia or any pro for that matter!!!!
Maybe you should re-read...no swipe taken. Furthermore you don't know me, and also no-one from my era during the early 80s here in NC in district 29 trained harder than me...no one...completely and totally guarantee that, and also during the early 90s when I did vet pro in the area.and I had no financial help whatsoever...ever, not even from my parents.
All the best to Barchia, and like I said first and foremost I want success for Coy and Joe Gibbs sake.
cityjack
7/2/2017 3:23pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
What race were you watching? First moto Anderson passed him with no issue and the second moto Barcia went down and Anderson rode by him. I...

OUCH!

Them stats don't lie.
gt80rider
7/2/2017 5:51pm
Riding hard now for a job next year.
This is the correct answer... He always wicks up the speed right before contract time... Not so sure that is gonna work out so well for him this time...
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/2/2017 5:53pm
Holy shit some people spew some horseshit in these barcia threads...yikes.
BobPA
7/2/2017 5:58pm
Bowmanator wrote:
Maybe you should re-read...no swipe taken. Furthermore you don't know me, and also no-one from my era during the early 80s here in NC in district...
Maybe you should re-read...no swipe taken. Furthermore you don't know me, and also no-one from my era during the early 80s here in NC in district 29 trained harder than me...no one...completely and totally guarantee that, and also during the early 90s when I did vet pro in the area.and I had no financial help whatsoever...ever, not even from my parents.
All the best to Barchia, and like I said first and foremost I want success for Coy and Joe Gibbs sake.
You are such a badass

FTB
7/2/2017 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 6:24pm
philG wrote:

I'd much rather see Anderson on the other end of how he normally rides. He's the dirtiest rider in the field by a country mile.
Loves to dish it out, but can't take it back. Even when there was nothing in it. He's a pole smoker!

Don't recall having seen Bam Bam do anything like that. It was as weak as piss!!

Kroc having a teary after Bam Bam show's him some style. "Almost killed us both". He was nowhere near him.

Now that was SICK!!
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/2/2017 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 8:38pm
gt80rider wrote:
This is the correct answer... He always wicks up the speed right before contract time... Not so sure that is gonna work out so well for...
This is the correct answer... He always wicks up the speed right before contract time... Not so sure that is gonna work out so well for him this time...
Perfectly stated gentlemen....
SwingHard
7/2/2017 9:13pm
You want pro athletes to perform near beast mode status every time out? Get rid of multi year contracts and go 12 months with performance incentives.
FTB
7/2/2017 9:17pm
gt80rider wrote:
This is the correct answer... He always wicks up the speed right before contract time... Not so sure that is gonna work out so well for...
dadofagun wrote:
Perfectly stated gentlemen....
Do you really believe that? I've never met a racer that wasn't out there to win each time they drop the gates.

Post a reply to: Barcia

The Latest