Why does A. Hodges receive so much hate?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2020 1:52 PM

People call him the Kim Kardashian of moto. I get it if you think his clothing brand is lame. However, there is no denying what the guy can do on a motorcycle.

|

5/5/2020 2:20 PM

He is living the dream!! Some people are just filled with envy and hate

|

5/5/2020 2:31 PM

Jealous because he rides his dirt bike everyday for fun. Makes money doing it and has rad sponsors. Also comes from a wealthy family. He’s gnarly on a dirt bike

|

5/5/2020 2:32 PM

Permeance_Flux wrote:

People call him the Kim Kardashian of moto. I get it if you think his clothing brand is lame. However, there is no denying what the guy can do on a motorcycle.

I think you answered your own question.

|

5/5/2020 2:52 PM

I think most the hate comes from his family ties with monster, brother being dirt shark etc.. he probably got too much support before he deserved it because of ‘who he knows’ so people started hating.. He fully deserves those sponsors now but back when he was racing the C class on a two two Honda, maybe not.

|

5/5/2020 2:59 PM

Is he the kid that broke his ankle on the huge test jump? That was f**kin badazz

|

5/5/2020 3:03 PM

Because of the Sharpie incident.

|

5/5/2020 3:14 PM

Why that kid hasn’t been putting on a halftime show at the Supercross races, for a few years now, is just a mystery of science. He’s an amazing performer.

|

5/5/2020 3:29 PM

He has good style but that Yami smoked his as@.

|

5/5/2020 3:33 PM

Probably cause Fan boys make post like these

|

5/5/2020 3:40 PM

Haters gonna hate. I will say my son ran into him at Loretta's and said he was very personable and easy to talk to.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/5/2020 3:50 PM

Based on the apparent privileged upbringing he's had, I'd say the kid seems pretty well adjusted and down to earth. The sharpie thing was pretty odd, but I'm sure we didn't get the whole and true story of it all, and it seems to be the outlier.
As for his skills and exposure now, I'd say he definitely deserves all his sponsors and it's obvious he works hard on his craft.
I'd think jealousy is the main reason people hate on the KID so much.

|

5/5/2020 3:56 PM

Where is the "so much hate"? Can you show me the haters?

Do a handful of comments about not racing on a video with 30k views mean someone is getting hate?

|

5/5/2020 4:07 PM

Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion. I just remember the Larry Linkogle debacle and the falling out with buttery films did not help his reputation. Then there was that Real Moto X Games segment between Hodges and Hill which had people picking sides.

|

5/5/2020 4:08 PM

Because vital users hate people that make a living doing what they can only dream of

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

5/5/2020 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2020 4:17 PM

I think there is some resentment from some because has has tons of talent, yet he does not race at the pro level.

Kid probably brings in more money than any racer outside the top ten, so I get where he is coming from.

I used to see him practicing jumps in his parent's front yard in Olivenhain, his talent level is just exceptional. I just wonder what he could do with a another brand of 450 that is considerably lighter than his Kawi...

|

5/5/2020 4:18 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Never heard of the sharpie thing, what happen?

|

5/5/2020 4:21 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

RVT420 wrote:

Never heard of the sharpie thing, what happen?

Agreed. Not sure I want to know now...

|

5/5/2020 4:30 PM

99% of the hate comes from people knowing his dad is a major part of Monster Energy and his bro is Dirt Shark. So people think he didnt earn his place

|

5/5/2020 4:33 PM

It's just the opposite of an underdog story. Probably most of the reason.

I was under the impression that most people don't give a rats ass about FMX anymore. He's just an advertisement at this point. (see Kim K. comment above)

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

5/5/2020 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2020 4:43 PM

My only disdain for him comes from Loretta's in 2017. My kid spotted him and went up to talk to him, but someone was already there talking to Axel. My kid politely waited while they finished, when they did Axel looked my kid right in the face and turned his back and walked away. He straight up pissed my kid off, he hasn't watched a video since and has no desire to.
It was a dick move to do that to a 9 year old kid and tells me everything I need to know about him. If he was in a hurry or whatever, he could have easily acknowledged that and said so or whatever.

|

5/5/2020 4:44 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

He has good style but that Yami smoked his as@.

I'd say Mitchell Falk should smoke his ass 10/10 times. Pretty surprising he hung with him as long as he did, assuming they were both pushing.

|

5/5/2020 4:50 PM

GoldenKTM wrote:

Where is the "so much hate"? Can you show me the haters?

Do a handful of comments about not racing on a video with 30k views mean someone is getting hate?

Have you seen some of the threads on here? Pathetic doesn’t even begin to do justice to those steaming piles. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/5/2020 5:04 PM

mister2dt wrote:

99% of the hate comes from people knowing his dad is a major part of Monster Energy and his bro is Dirt Shark. So people think he didnt earn his place

You know his dad has nothing to do with Monster right?

|

5/5/2020 5:13 PM

Hate? My closet is full of the latest SlayCo. swag and a fridge full of monster!!! silly pinch

|

5/5/2020 5:17 PM

My opinion of him went up when I saw how cool he was to Grandpa Earl.

|

5/5/2020 5:26 PM

It's simply rich kid hate. Pay no attention.

|

5/5/2020 5:28 PM

He has skills for sure .. and his lady isn't bad to look at either. I have no hate for him.

|

5/5/2020 6:09 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

He has skills for sure .. and his lady isn't bad to look at either. I have no hate for him.

Pretty much

|

2010 crf450
2002 cr125
1993 Yamaha waveblaster
1993 Kawasaki 750sx

5/5/2020 6:42 PM

Axel is amazing to watch. I love his style and I’m 64

|