Should Webb

drt410
Goon ride the entire main event throwin boner airs off every jump and cross the finish in 20th place as sx champ to prove a point? What if he did this for the whole 20 minute main lol.
https://youtu.be/uy3LpwcGDGU

Imagine if Tomac went out and rode as hard as he possibly could to get the win then looks out at the track and webbs throwin sick boner airs off every jump and then still crosses the finish line as 2019 450sx champ? How bad would that hurt...

Would that be the most epic ride in sx history? Would it tarnish our sport forever? Should he do it anyways?
Poll

Yes

Choices
|
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
5/4/2019 3:06am
If he crosses the line in 20th place he scores one point, if Eli wins he scores 26 points.

Webb leads by 3 points, do some math and reevaluate your question
ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 3:12am
aaryn #234 wrote:
If he crosses the line in 20th place he scores one point, if Eli wins he scores 26 points. Webb leads by 3 points, do some...
If he crosses the line in 20th place he scores one point, if Eli wins he scores 26 points.

3 points for 20th.
Mavetism
5/4/2019 3:14am
Even tho I'm not a huge Webb fan, he can cruise around, play it safe and will probably still end up on the podium. That's just how good he is this year.
BobPA
5/4/2019 3:20am
aaryn #234 wrote:
If he crosses the line in 20th place he scores one point, if Eli wins he scores 26 points. Webb leads by 3 points, do some...

Wrong

The Shop

aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
5/4/2019 3:29am
aaryn #234 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Wrong
Yes, yes I am.

Did not realize they had changed it so the points spread has changed down the field, I thought they were still paying one point each to 20th , 21st and 22nd.

It sucks when you go to check how the points are handed and realize you are wrong.

I will suffer the wrath of Dt410's rebutle , when he next checks in Smile

early
Fantasy
2212th
5/4/2019 3:31am
Imagine getting in your delorean and going back 20 years to the time when freestyle motocross was really starting to get big, and supercross was in the middle of the MC RC JS era. Imagine telling the stars of the sport that "sick riding" for the 2019 supercross champion would be doing boner airs...

5/4/2019 4:45am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 4:51am
aaryn #234 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Wrong
aaryn #234 wrote:
Yes, yes I am. Did not realize they had changed it so the points spread has changed down the field, I thought they were still paying...
Yes, yes I am.

Did not realize they had changed it so the points spread has changed down the field, I thought they were still paying one point each to 20th , 21st and 22nd.

It sucks when you go to check how the points are handed and realize you are wrong.

You sure you're wrong? Last I checked it was 3 points for 20th and even all the moto podcasts have said he needs 20th if eli wins and they will be tied

Edit: I just checked and 20th does get 3 points. So yea, tomac wins, webb gets 20th, webb gets the title.
toroP
5/4/2019 4:57am
aaryn #234 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Wrong
aaryn #234 wrote:
Yes, yes I am. Did not realize they had changed it so the points spread has changed down the field, I thought they were still paying...
Yes, yes I am.

Well owned, indeed.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
5/4/2019 6:38am
I think after a certain number of downvotes, a script should automatically dump posts into the dumbgeon. A forum that runs like Reddit would be ideal.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/4/2019 6:51am
early wrote:
Imagine getting in your delorean and going back 20 years to the time when freestyle motocross was really starting to get big, and supercross was in...
Imagine getting in your delorean and going back 20 years to the time when freestyle motocross was really starting to get big, and supercross was in the middle of the MC RC JS era. Imagine telling the stars of the sport that "sick riding" for the 2019 supercross champion would be doing boner airs...

Amazing how much Freestyle has changed over 20 years
Back then it was actually fun to watch
drt410
5/4/2019 8:42am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 8:45am
aaryn #234 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Wrong
aaryn #234 wrote:
Yes, yes I am.

Haha no biggie. You are spared today good sir.

Im serious though. Not rippin boner airs off every jump, but if Webb just goes out there and farts around in 18th then crosses the line as champ would people be mad about it?

Or did he earn the right and if theyre mad they should have done something about it?
drt410
5/4/2019 8:59am
You know it would be funny if every time the camera turned to Webb he was doin this.
https://youtu.be/uy3LpwcGDGU

Then goes over the finish with his goggle strap down the back of his helmet and his front wheel straight up and wins the championship.
As much as they wouldnt wanna give his shens any air time theyd have to. KTM would be mad, but how mad could they really be when he goes past that finish as champ?
5/4/2019 9:31am
Even if something crazy happens and Webb doesnt qualify, he still wins the title if tomac doesnt win the race. When was the last time a rider came to Vegas with this kind of points lead? Like it wasnt big enough to wrap up yet but it's big enough that the only way he can lose this title is if he doesnt qualify and eli wins.
shortcourse
5/4/2019 9:45am

Should Webb...Hole shot and win it wire to wire, not giving two F"s about what's going on behind him.
davistld01
5/4/2019 9:47am
Cooper Webb should prove to all his naysayers that is more than an arrogant punk who just "got lucky" this year. He should go out and race as hard as he's ever raced and absolutely dominate the race today, to show that he is The Man. If he goes out and farts around, he will garner more haters than he has already.
5/4/2019 9:57am
Webb doesnt need to do shit, just show up. He could chain smoke cartons of Marboros and pound Blue Ribbons with Ronnie Mac, then cruise two laps down with the triple digit threats, and still have the championship in the bag.

The onus is on Tomac (or wingman Savagty) to derail the Webb Wagon. But this job goes beyond little love-taps or "bunching." They'd have to Tonya Harding Webb's ass to have a prayer.

In other words, it's basically finished. Though it pains me to say, Webb is your 2019 champion.
Harry_Gray
5/4/2019 10:57am
Webb should just keep doing what he has done all season so he can get his first 450 SX title and collect those fat ass bonus checks from KTM and his other sponsors so he can drink beer and sit on his ass ten years from now.
Ing
5/4/2019 12:02pm
That could take a while. Have you seen how Eli gets going after a crash. Like he has all the time in the world.
Turbojez
5/4/2019 12:30pm
If it was 10+ years ago, you could bet the 2nd guy would risk taking the 1st guy out hard for the title.
Ranman68
5/4/2019 12:59pm
Webb should maybe try to holeshot and get a gap if possible just to make a statement (if able), and then back off so as not to risk the title.
He should also hope there's no sniper set up somewhere in monster alley, because that's about all that could stop him from winning the title now.
drt410
5/4/2019 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 1:27pm
davistld01 wrote:
Cooper Webb should prove to all his naysayers that is more than an arrogant punk who just "got lucky" this year. He should go out and...
Cooper Webb should prove to all his naysayers that is more than an arrogant punk who just "got lucky" this year. He should go out and race as hard as he's ever raced and absolutely dominate the race today, to show that he is The Man. If he goes out and farts around, he will garner more haters than he has already.
He has the most wins so anyone that tries to say he lucked into this championship is an idiot. Im sure they exist but they have literally NOTHING to stand on. Im sure he has the best avg starts too. He straight up earned this.

The crazy part is he was just finding his legs this year on a new bike, new team, new house, new mechanic. A lot of times he wasnt even the fastest guy but his race craft was excellent.

I see no reason that he doesnt come back next year comfortable, confident, faster, and ready to repeat. By then hell have a year of testing, a year with his mechanic and the team, a year on the bike. History shows one guy dominates each era and a couple guys get 1-2 in there too. The only question is it Webb or Ando. I say Webb.

mxdevon
5/4/2019 1:33pm
At least this thread has made me face the fact that a truly well executed "boner" air is above my skillset.
mxdevon
5/4/2019 1:36pm
Vegas 97' Mike Jones did a freestyle trick off the triple every lap of the main event, while passing people......one of the most impressive things I've ever seen at a race.
Ray_MXS
5/4/2019 1:37pm
Option one: Riding around like an idiot, making a fool of himself and losing fans.
Option two: Ride like he knows how, get a good finish, make quite some nice purse money and act like the champion he is.

Hmmm

Post a reply to: Should Webb

The Latest