Reed talks RV2

PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how cool it was they got villo to Australia with how hard they have been trying to get him back racing in America without success. Vital is always on the up and up on most stuff me and I hadn't heard anyone ever mention they were trying to get him to come back.

I believe his quote was "trying to bring this guy out of retirement and they can't."
|
MxKing809
Posts
6374
Joined
10/13/2013
Location
Big Sand Whoops, MI, USA
Fantasy
11/13/2016 3:53pm
Wouldn't you want a rusty RV2 over
- Grant
- Hahn
- Bowers
As a #2 to Tomac?
PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
11/13/2016 4:00pm
Well i was always a huge RV2 fan for many reason. He's a badass on a bike, avid hunter and fisherman, always seemed more real than other guys. It is the way it is but I would have loved if he didn't retire and keep going, not forever like reed but at least a few more years. I would have even accepted sx or mx only. But that's sport and life. Like the election, people don't get what they want and go ape shit. I go back and watch old seasons with him often, it was some killer riding. He was something fierce steering with the rear and always throttle pinned. He reminds me off the new kid in F1 Max Verstaapen, makes things happen others can't.
PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
11/13/2016 4:01pm
So a simple answer to your question is Absolutely. But unfortunatly he seems very fine with walking away and living a normal life so more power to him.
11/13/2016 4:15pm
Monster has also been trying to get him to come back since he retired. Monster also keeps hounding him about monster cup. As much as I loved seeing RV back on the track this weekend, let the guy enjoy his life after racing.

The Shop

Sodipop
Posts
863
Joined
5/10/2016
Location
Petaluma, CA, USA
11/13/2016 4:15pm
His practice mechanic (who worked on his bike in Aussie) mentioned A1 on an instragram post about the weekend. Could easily be a joke
kiwifan
Posts
9855
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
11/13/2016 4:25pm
Not sure if Kawasaki have the rig space, manpower, etc to field a extra bike even if Monster stumped up the dollars ?
PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
11/13/2016 4:34pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Monster has also been trying to get him to come back since he retired. Monster also keeps hounding him about monster cup. As much as I...
Monster has also been trying to get him to come back since he retired. Monster also keeps hounding him about monster cup. As much as I loved seeing RV back on the track this weekend, let the guy enjoy his life after racing.
I agree completely, if that's what he wants it is what he should do. My main point was I hadn't heard that they were actually making an effort to get him back. I know vital and some fans do, but didn't know high up it was even considered. Man would it be cool if for some reason he got that fire back and did return, we know he doesn't need the money.
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
11/13/2016 4:35pm
Monster's really the only reason he went to the GPs. He was done, they wanted him to race through his contract.

Rumors from the test track was that before Monster Cup RV had quicker lap times than Eli. But RV is over it. He doesn't want to put the non stop effort in anymore to be at the pinnacle of the sport, because he could probably half ass it and get a top 5, but a 5th isn't something he's looking for. Win or nothing for guys like RV and RC.
11/13/2016 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2016 4:39pm
I always wanted RV to at least do another season outdoors. I think the only year we got to see him really on it outdoors on a 450 was 2013.

He's not coming back though, he's earned his retirement through all the training and injuries. Not to mention he couldn't be RV2 anymore.
twotwosix
Posts
2239
Joined
9/29/2016
Location
USA
11/13/2016 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2016 6:53pm
PabstBR11 wrote:
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how...
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how cool it was they got villo to Australia with how hard they have been trying to get him back racing in America without success. Vital is always on the up and up on most stuff me and I hadn't heard anyone ever mention they were trying to get him to come back.

I believe his quote was "trying to bring this guy out of retirement and they can't."
RV's price tag is borderline insane and he really doesn't 'need' more money. He deserves every penny though. RV had the bad injuries, so he remembers the risks all too well.
PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
11/13/2016 5:17pm
I always wanted RV to at least do another season outdoors. I think the only year we got to see him really on it outdoors on...
I always wanted RV to at least do another season outdoors. I think the only year we got to see him really on it outdoors on a 450 was 2013.

He's not coming back though, he's earned his retirement through all the training and injuries. Not to mention he couldn't be RV2 anymore.
And as I said I agree completely, if that's what he wants then that's it. But let's say he did do a year outdoors only or really either one by itself I know the training and regimen is still insane but doesn't that cut it down a pretty good amount? Once again hypothetical, I just wonder how much that would help training wise, traveling wise, time away from family. It must help as guys have done sx only deals in the past. I prefer outdoors but also realize if it ever happened sx is the big ticket item nowadays and where the money is.

Also I know it's tough since even doing just one half of the year you still must stay in shape and can't just fall off a cliff eating whatever, but I would still think it would be less bike and gym time overall.
may104
Posts
30
Joined
10/30/2010
Location
CA
11/13/2016 6:05pm
If and when Villopotto were to return to racing it has to be on his own terms. If companies and ppl keep hounding him he will never come back. There may be a day that he just wakes up and realizes that he wants to race AMA again and the passion will be 100% there because the decision is coming from him. Or maybe he never does and his legend will carry on forever just like Mcgrath, Carmichael and others. RV2 for President! Or Prime Minister (I'm Canadian)
bsharkey
Posts
2162
Joined
6/16/2014
Location
Marysville, WA, USA
11/13/2016 6:27pm
personally I think its cool as hell to still see him ride locally and enjoying life and not so serious. made me a even bigger fan. especially up here in Washington
MxRyder
Posts
184
Joined
9/21/2016
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
11/13/2016 6:32pm
may104 wrote:
If and when Villopotto were to return to racing it has to be on his own terms. If companies and ppl keep hounding him he will...
If and when Villopotto were to return to racing it has to be on his own terms. If companies and ppl keep hounding him he will never come back. There may be a day that he just wakes up and realizes that he wants to race AMA again and the passion will be 100% there because the decision is coming from him. Or maybe he never does and his legend will carry on forever just like Mcgrath, Carmichael and others. RV2 for President! Or Prime Minister (I'm Canadian)
very educated, and well thoughtout answer....RV2 is very much the guy to do it on his own terms....you push and you get the finger.....RV is the baddest guy to throw a leg over a bike....just like Rc....if they apply themselves and Want to do it.....nobody has shit for them....they will mop up the field......even Carmicheal if he got whipped into shape he could still kick major ass....i watched him (not even in shape) smoke Tickle and Hill at milestone in 2014 .....it wasnt even close,and he was out there for 25mins.....i wasnt surprised, cause i raced and watched him dominate in FL....even when i was a125 school-boy top rider..Carmicheal could eat us up on his 80....he will always have it!......as RV, he too will have it for years to come as long as he continues to ride.......if he wants to truely want to train and do a full on come out of retirement....he would be a top 3 rider all day long.........he knows how to commit and excute...
11/13/2016 9:23pm
It was cool for him to come to Australia so we could see him ride, i hope he comes out to visit again.
11/13/2016 11:19pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Wouldn't you want a rusty RV2 over
- Grant
- Hahn
- Bowers
As a #2 to Tomac?
Yes
hellion
Posts
1092
Joined
12/19/2009
Location
Westfield, MA, USA
11/14/2016 3:23am
MxKing809 wrote:
Wouldn't you want a rusty RV2 over
- Grant
- Hahn
- Bowers
As a #2 to Tomac?
RV2 would never be a #2 rider.
11/14/2016 5:30am
MxKing809 wrote:
Wouldn't you want a rusty RV2 over
- Grant
- Hahn
- Bowers
As a #2 to Tomac?
Hahn is retired. RV2 isn't coming back. He got in and got out. Not quite the legacy as RC but they both went out on top. No better way to go. Why come back and possibly ruin that legacy by staying too long like so many other guys? Doesn't need the money and he never really cared for the fans even when he was at the top. He doesn't give a shit what you guys think now either.
davistld01
Posts
9357
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Springfield, MO, USA
11/14/2016 5:41am
kiwifan wrote:
Not sure if Kawasaki have the rig space, manpower, etc to field a extra bike even if Monster stumped up the dollars ?
If they really thought they could rehire RV, and he had a real chance at being the RV of a couple years ago...they'd find the money, rig space, manpower & machinery.
Dtat720
Posts
1588
Joined
2/20/2015
Location
Flowood, MS, USA
11/14/2016 6:08am
Be cool to see him come out for Washougal every year like Henry and others used to do. Race their home town national for the fun of it
WillyB
Posts
733
Joined
10/17/2011
Location
fresno, CA, USA
11/14/2016 6:42am
The dude just had twins. Don't get your hopes up.
davistld01
Posts
9357
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Springfield, MO, USA
11/14/2016 7:18am
WillyB wrote:
The dude just had twins. Don't get your hopes up.
Yep...and, I don't think it was ever about the money for Poto anyway...racing or retiring. I think he just got sick of having to prove himself every year, and have no life whatsoever other than racing. I doubt very seriously that they could offer him enough...especially with the kids & the freedom he has now. And...I doubt he needs the money.
PabstBR11
Posts
225
Joined
9/29/2014
Location
Southlake, TX, USA
11/14/2016 7:39am
All very good answers/thoughts on the matter. Glad it remained civil and didnt get too derailed, and the more i read some of your posts even my selfish wishful thinking that maybe he would has gone down a few points. Even in my dream world it is a slim to none chanceSad But hey thats life, he did the most with it while he was at it which is more than most can say. Tons of talented guys have fell to the side because they didnt want it bad enough etc. so that in itself is an amazing accomplishment. i will tell you this, I live in Texas but if he were to come out for a one off such as washougal i am coming. I always regretted not going to the MX des nations at Budds Creek in 07, maybe i should have been more commited while he was still ripping!
11/14/2016 7:42am
Never say never
kiwifan
Posts
9855
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
11/14/2016 10:26am
kiwifan wrote:
Not sure if Kawasaki have the rig space, manpower, etc to field a extra bike even if Monster stumped up the dollars ?
davistld01 wrote:
If they really thought they could rehire RV, and he had a real chance at being the RV of a couple years ago...they'd find the money...
If they really thought they could rehire RV, and he had a real chance at being the RV of a couple years ago...they'd find the money, rig space, manpower & machinery.
maybe yes....
Adam43
Posts
3315
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
WF
11/14/2016 10:32am
He didn't go to Aus just for the payday. We shall see. Stranger things have happened.
Phillip_Lamb
Posts
2139
Joined
12/14/2010
Location
ORANGEVALE, CA, USA
11/14/2016 12:10pm
PabstBR11 wrote:
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how...
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how cool it was they got villo to Australia with how hard they have been trying to get him back racing in America without success. Vital is always on the up and up on most stuff me and I hadn't heard anyone ever mention they were trying to get him to come back.

I believe his quote was "trying to bring this guy out of retirement and they can't."
RV left racing because he no longer was enjoying life. Yes he was winning and the top guy but to many, including sponsors, feel he left too soon. Kinda like when JMB left after sweeping the season entirely he left the US and went into road racing.

maybe in a year or two someone can get him out to more races not unlike when Mcgrath came out in 2005 and 2006 to just race a handful of races
kiwifan
Posts
9855
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
11/14/2016 12:22pm
PabstBR11 wrote:
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how...
Maybe I took it wrong or read to much into it, but in the Reed and Rv check out Sydney video on racerx Chad mentioned how cool it was they got villo to Australia with how hard they have been trying to get him back racing in America without success. Vital is always on the up and up on most stuff me and I hadn't heard anyone ever mention they were trying to get him to come back.

I believe his quote was "trying to bring this guy out of retirement and they can't."
RV left racing because he no longer was enjoying life. Yes he was winning and the top guy but to many, including sponsors, feel he left...
RV left racing because he no longer was enjoying life. Yes he was winning and the top guy but to many, including sponsors, feel he left too soon. Kinda like when JMB left after sweeping the season entirely he left the US and went into road racing.

maybe in a year or two someone can get him out to more races not unlike when Mcgrath came out in 2005 and 2006 to just race a handful of races
I hope he comes back, but I dont think he will....no facts as to why, just an opinion
ElkSlayer
Posts
2
Joined
11/14/2016
Location
Corona, CA, USA
11/14/2016 1:33pm
Monster's really the only reason he went to the GPs. He was done, they wanted him to race through his contract. Rumors from the test track...
Monster's really the only reason he went to the GPs. He was done, they wanted him to race through his contract.

Rumors from the test track was that before Monster Cup RV had quicker lap times than Eli. But RV is over it. He doesn't want to put the non stop effort in anymore to be at the pinnacle of the sport, because he could probably half ass it and get a top 5, but a 5th isn't something he's looking for. Win or nothing for guys like RV and RC.
Quicker than ET before MEC? Where'd you get that rumor your rear end...
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
11/14/2016 1:34pm
^Blink Blink Blink

Post a reply to: Reed talks RV2

The Latest