Rattray

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2010 1:45 PM

Has really shown improvement this season! I was down and out on this guy, but man was i wrong. Keep it up Tyla!!!

|

6/12/2010 2:00 PM

The guy is tough as nails... congrats to him!

|

6/12/2010 2:08 PM

Good ride Tyla!

|

6/12/2010 3:30 PM

Is he second in points now? Quite the jump in two weeks. He will have the tupperware bin boner this week...

|

6/12/2010 3:33 PM

He was on it for sho.

Seems like a no-nonsense guy. Not a real exciting riding style but he charges hard all the time.

|

6/12/2010 3:38 PM

Hes been beaten down so many times and he allways gets back up. Cant wait for him to get his ass on a big bike. If it werent for the carnage hes been through he would have moved up about 4 years ago. So many injuries.

|

6/12/2010 4:21 PM

Good couple of rides for Tyla.
His riding style reminds me of Jeff Stanton.

|

6/12/2010 5:09 PM

If Tyla can get some decent starts then he will be in for the title for sure.

|

6/13/2010 7:24 AM

You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave the GP`s until he won. He was in many tight point races and missed the Champoinship a couple of years by a very narrow margin but kept it up and won..tough as nails is a understatement. He had a KTM 125 model named after him in 2005-6.

|

6/13/2010 7:27 AM

Good show

|

"Please don't feed the Drama Queens"

6/13/2010 7:29 AM

Team Euro wrote:

You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave ...more

That's a great testimony for our 16 year old kids who are hanging right with him.

|

6/13/2010 7:48 AM

Imagine how well he'd be doing if he was still on the flying punkins.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

6/13/2010 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 11:23 PM

Team Euro wrote:

You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave ...more

500guy wrote:

That's a great testimony for our 16 year old kids who are hanging right with him.

Barcia and Tomac couldn't hang with him second moto at High Point!
"When the going get's tough>>>>>>"

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

6/13/2010 8:23 AM

Ing wrote:

Yep that PC bike sucks [sarcasm], he might get 5th or so on a KTM.

I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated like a new to the scene rookie who is suddenly winning.

|

6/13/2010 8:30 AM

500guy wrote:

I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated ...more

Seriously.. He may be new to the states, but he is NO rookie.

|

6/13/2010 8:34 AM

Ing wrote:

500guy wrote:

mxtryon231 wrote:

Seriously.. He may be new to the states, but he is NO rookie.

Reread it please

I said they act like he just emerged on the scene when the reality is he's a Veteran racing a bunch of rookies so is Pourcel

|

6/13/2010 9:43 AM

500guy wrote:

Reread it please

I said they act like he just emerged on the scene when the reality is he's a Veteran racing a bunch of ...more

Thank you for pointing this out. Congrats to Tyla on his improved performance but I expect these results from former world champions that are 3 - 5 years older/wiser than their competition. These guys have been traveling the world for years while some of their competitors are still living at home with mom & dad.

|

6/13/2010 9:55 AM

DoctorJD wrote:

Good couple of rides for Tyla.
His riding style reminds me of Jeff Stanton.

When I watch him I see Mike Brown.

|

6/13/2010 10:03 AM

Yeah, all the former world champions must be proud they are winning the lites class over here. Like I said, we should send Villo and Stewart over to the MX2 class....oh wait, people would probably cry foul...

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

6/13/2010 10:49 AM

J. Sloan wrote:

Yeah, all the former world champions must be proud they are winning the lites class over here. Like I said, we should send ...more

With all due respect to guys like Tyla, my observation has been that it's almost like a mandatory apprenticeship imposed by the teams that when you come to the US you ride the 250 class for at least one year, regardless of your achievements overseas.

|

6/13/2010 11:02 AM

Ing wrote:

500guy wrote:

You are forgetting most Americans see Rattray as a new name because they don't follow the GPs...

And What 16 year olds are keeping up with him? top 3 in points aren't American... and Barcia is 18, Tomac 17... What age is Weimar? Metcaffe spent years in it... Didn't Brown win the 125 nationals at 30? Hughes rode it when he was 30 too... RV won two national titles and raced it again the following year. it's a professional class let them race and stop whining because the USA guys aren't winning just enjoy the racing.. Canard and Tomac will be up there soon.

Rattray is fast but he is a rookie to US racing and it is different. but the smoother tracks shorter races and intense sprint style don't seem to suit him.. but maybe he is getting it figured out. Rattray excels in tough rough sandy conditions.

Rattray has every right to race in that class in the US there is no age restrictions

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

6/13/2010 11:02 AM

J. Sloan wrote:

Yeah, all the former world champions must be proud they are winning the lites class over here. Like I said, we should send ...more

ando wrote:

With all due respect to guys like Tyla, my observation has been that it's almost like a mandatory apprenticeship imposed by ...more

I don't think so. Their talent and experience should put them in the 450's. Do you think Cairoli would race the lites class here if he came over? I don't.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

6/13/2010 11:09 AM

Er.. wrong if Dungey raced the MX2 GPs this year no-one would be crying foul, yet more bad losing from Americans... one second the GPs and the riders are inferior to the AMA and not a real world championship, then when a GP rider wins in lites AMA, the suddenly superior GP World Champions shouldn't be in the class because it isn't fair on the kids ha ha ha - brilliant entertainment - thanks!! Smile

The guys that are racing the lites class in the AMA only had one world title in the same class in GPs... if a one time lites champion rode the MX2 GPs the year after no-one would be crying foul - stop whining.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

6/13/2010 11:20 AM

mccread wrote:

Er.. wrong if Dungey raced the MX2 GPs this year no-one would be crying foul, yet more bad losing from Americans... one second ...more

Nice try, but no cigar. Dungey would not race the MX2 class, neither would Villo or Stewart. If they did, I promise you that people would cry foul. But it seems the highly experienced GP guys come over and race in the less-experienced lites class. See the difference?

Both Pourcel (three seasons and part of a fourth in MX 2) and Tyla (six seasons in MX2) have MUCH more experience than 99% of the rest of the class (for example, Barcia is in his second season and Tomac first). It seems the GP guys can't get the courage to race where they belong. You don't have to be a cherry picker just by rules...

Truth is, Villo, Stewart would SMOKE the MX2 class.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

6/13/2010 11:28 AM

Ing wrote:

500guy wrote:

mccread wrote:

You are forgetting most Americans see Rattray as a new name because they don't follow the GPs...

And What 16 year olds are ...more

And to add to the list - how many years did RC and JS spend in the lites class? 3 each I believe, when it was blatantly obvious they were laying waste to the entire field after the first season.

|

6/13/2010 11:30 AM

J. Sloan wrote:

Nice try, but no cigar. Dungey would not race the MX2 class, neither would Villo or Stewart. If they did, I promise you that ...more

So - is the 250 class a full national championship class, or just a support class?

|

6/13/2010 11:31 AM

Tyla is 25
Pourcel is 21 and still recovering physically from that crash.

Bitch about one of them if you want but what the other is doing is just fine especially because he races the discipline that he probably isn't as comfortable with.

|

6/13/2010 12:25 PM

500guy wrote:

mccread wrote:

ando wrote:

And to add to the list - how many years did RC and JS spend in the lites class? 3 each I believe, when it was blatantly ...more

Yeah, and if you will notice, they got out after three seasons. Pourcel has three full seasons of MX2, plus another part season, and a full season here. Add this year and that's twice the amount of time that RC and Stewart were racing the lites. Rattray has been racing MX2 since 1985 practically. Mitch needs to quit cherry picking GP world champs to bolster PC.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

6/13/2010 12:27 PM

mccread wrote:

Er.. wrong if Dungey raced the MX2 GPs this year no-one would be crying foul, yet more bad losing from Americans... one second ...more

J. Sloan wrote:

Nice try, but no cigar. Dungey would not race the MX2 class, neither would Villo or Stewart. If they did, I promise you that ...more

ando wrote:

So - is the 250 class a full national championship class, or just a support class?

What does that even mean in this context and how is it relevant to our discussion?

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

6/13/2010 12:28 PM

mccread wrote:

ando wrote:

And to add to the list - how many years did RC and JS spend in the lites class? 3 each I believe, when it was blatantly ...more

J. Sloan wrote:

Yeah, and if you will notice, they got out after three seasons. Pourcel has three full seasons of MX2, plus another part ...more

The guy is 21. STFU. Are you going to throw a fit because your favorite rider is getting bitchslapped by this guy you clearly don't like very much?

|