REED on KTM?

12/11/2019 6:17pm
MZ193 wrote:
Chad will be on a factory ktm replacing marvin for 2020 sx. I can guarantee you.
Have a nice day.
You are high. There is no logical reason KTM would EVER hire Reed. They have the SX champ.
tingo
12/11/2019 7:11pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/11/390772/s1200_DADD5995_70FE_40A7_9803_6B11F9D41B8E.jpg[/img]

“tables and chairs, skirting & tent”. Let’s hope she doesn’t overlook security again.
Dave #125
12/11/2019 8:22pm
Sounds like a NO to KTM deal..
22Motorsports for the last go around..
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
12/11/2019 8:59pm
Possible smoke and mirrors? The Reeds love the instagram bait/suspense shit. Just gonna wait til practice at A1

The Shop

BS12
12/11/2019 9:19pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Possible smoke and mirrors? The Reeds love the instagram bait/suspense shit. Just gonna wait til practice at A1
Potentially, but there's also flat lying. I wouldn't think they'd stoop as low as to state publicly that they're spending a lot of cash leasing trailers, trucks, designing/ordering banners etc if they actually weren't.
CPR
12/12/2019 12:22am
resetjet wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That website is total bullshit. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/11/390748/s1200_Screenshot_20191211_172733_Chrome.jpg[/img]
That website is total bullshit.

That is bullshit Mav, Ford doesn't have tyre experts!
CM_84
12/12/2019 1:46am
MZ193 wrote:
Chad will be on a factory ktm replacing marvin for 2020 sx. I can guarantee you.
Have a nice day.
You are high. There is no logical reason KTM would EVER hire Reed. They have the SX champ.
You can argue its not worth it, or you can argue that you don't think it's a good idea.
But if you flatly think there is "no logical reason" you are a fool. Honestly you have no idea how the world works.

It sounds like KTM didn't go that way, so obviously they didn't think the pros outweighed the cons. but it doesn't mean there wasn't pros.

b_kowalsk
12/12/2019 2:50am
So did he actually test the KTM, or just a rumour?
12/12/2019 4:39am
MZ193 wrote:
Have a nice day.
CM_84 wrote:
You can argue its not worth it, or you can argue that you don't think it's a good idea. But if you flatly think there is...
You can argue its not worth it, or you can argue that you don't think it's a good idea.
But if you flatly think there is "no logical reason" you are a fool. Honestly you have no idea how the world works.

It sounds like KTM didn't go that way, so obviously they didn't think the pros outweighed the cons. but it doesn't mean there wasn't pros.

What pro would it be? Spend another million dollars to have a guy float around in 10-15th place and not be seen on tv? Listen to Reed bitch about the forks?

Reed was great. He is worth 30$ million dollars, the sport has done ALOT for him. I hope he has a great season, but he isn’t factory material. KTM wins championships, they don’t dick around with has-beens like the Minnesota Vikings.
ga_pike
12/12/2019 4:44am
She mentions "truck and trailer" followed by "loading up semi". If he's going this alone, why the need for a full semi? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to run smaller truck/trailer combo?
CM_84
12/12/2019 5:11am
CM_84 wrote:
You can argue its not worth it, or you can argue that you don't think it's a good idea. But if you flatly think there is...

What pro would it be? Spend another million dollars to have a guy float around in 10-15th place and not be seen on tv? Listen to...
What pro would it be? Spend another million dollars to have a guy float around in 10-15th place and not be seen on tv? Listen to Reed bitch about the forks?

Reed was great. He is worth 30$ million dollars, the sport has done ALOT for him. I hope he has a great season, but he isn’t factory material. KTM wins championships, they don’t dick around with has-beens like the Minnesota Vikings.
He is a popular rider around the world. I guarantee he gets more attention, more media space and is talked about more than anybody outside of the top 3 or 4 guys. Sounds like a pretty big pro to me.
Why do you think FOX still pay him big bucks? are you saying they are fools?

So if they opt to go for a fill in, can you please enlighten me as to who they are going to pick up who is going to battle for the championship? there are a lot of guys on factory bikes who realistically have no shot at the championship. I assume you think they should all get fired too?

"KTM wins championships" there is a bit more too that. KTM sells motorcycles. That is their first priority.winning championships aids that. but there are more ways to win a championship.

I have a question for you, do you think senior management at KTM Austria would rather win a supercross championship, or make a big fat profit? where do you think their priority would lay if given an ultimatum?

tingo
12/12/2019 5:15am
ga_pike wrote:
She mentions "truck and trailer" followed by "loading up semi". If he's going this alone, why the need for a full semi? Wouldn't it be more...
She mentions "truck and trailer" followed by "loading up semi". If he's going this alone, why the need for a full semi? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to run smaller truck/trailer combo?
More room for ego.

This is a joke. I'm glad to see the old man do it on his terms.
yz25
12/12/2019 5:36am
CM_84 wrote:

What pro would it be? Spend another million dollars to have a guy float around in 10-15th place and not be seen on tv? Listen to...

CM_84 wrote:
He is a popular rider around the world. I guarantee he gets more attention, more media space and is talked about more than anybody outside of...
He is a popular rider around the world. I guarantee he gets more attention, more media space and is talked about more than anybody outside of the top 3 or 4 guys. Sounds like a pretty big pro to me.

So if they opt to go for a fill in, can you please enlighten me as to who they are going to pick up who is going to battle for the championship? there are a lot of guys on factory bikes who realistically have no shot at the championship. I assume you think they should all get fired too?

"KTM wins championships" there is a bit more too that. KTM sells motorcycles. That is their first priority.winning championships aids that. but there are more ways to win a championship.

I have a question for you, do you think senior management at KTM Austria would rather win a supercross championship, or make a big fat profit? where do you think their priority would lay if given an ultimatum?

Good point.

KTM doesn’t need Reed on a bike to help sale bikes. Think they are doing just fine in that department. What do they owe him? Not to mention he probably doesn’t come cheap. It would basically be for marketing purposes only. Not like he is going to be a podium threat every weekend. Bad as it sounds, the sport is trying to send a message.

Would like to see Reed move more into a manager or team ambassador role than scrounge together rides at the final hr every year. Or burn through his hard earned money. What’s really the pay out for a “final tour” anyway. But hey it’s his he can do with it what he likes.
SBO
12/12/2019 5:41am
i dont believe anything until it happens with the reeds nowadays
12/12/2019 5:52am
bet they wont let him bitch about the suspension and use KYB on the factory bike
12/12/2019 6:03am
CM_84 wrote:

CM_84 wrote:
He is a popular rider around the world. I guarantee he gets more attention, more media space and is talked about more than anybody outside of...

Wow. You truly are a euphorian. Listen, I would love to see Reed have an inspirational ride and kick ass, the reality is he would cost more money than he can generate. His brand has come and gone. Sorry. Maybe we can invent a supercross senior tour, he can dominate there

Do you lay awake still thinking Stew is gonna show up and start jumping quads? Maybe KTM can bring him in too. Meanwhile, the 10 million watching will see Webb on TV and challenging for a win, which is exactly what KTM pays for because THATS where profit comes from..Winning, just like Charlie Sheen.
CM_84
12/12/2019 6:09am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2019 6:17am

CM_84 wrote:

yz25 wrote:
Good point. KTM doesn’t need Reed on a bike to help sale bikes. Think they are doing just fine in that department. What do they owe...
Good point.

KTM doesn’t need Reed on a bike to help sale bikes. Think they are doing just fine in that department. What do they owe him? Not to mention he probably doesn’t come cheap. It would basically be for marketing purposes only. Not like he is going to be a podium threat every weekend. Bad as it sounds, the sport is trying to send a message.

Would like to see Reed move more into a manager or team ambassador role than scrounge together rides at the final hr every year. Or burn through his hard earned money. What’s really the pay out for a “final tour” anyway. But hey it’s his he can do with it what he likes.
I personally don't care if he ends up on the team or not. but the argument of "they already sell lots of bikes" is stupid. whilst that's true, i guarantee they always want to sell more. every exec in the company will be targeting growth. i bet none of their KPIs are "maintain sales at current levels"

So ill ask you the same question, should every factory rider be sacked if they aren't a "podium threat every weekend"

I have never said KTM should hire him. i just think its laughable that someone said there was "no logical reason to hire him" there are lots of logical reasons. although ultimately it sounds like KTM thought there weren't enough.
CM_84
12/12/2019 6:16am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2019 6:21am
Wow. You truly are a euphorian. Listen, I would love to see Reed have an inspirational ride and kick ass, the reality is he would cost...
Wow. You truly are a euphorian. Listen, I would love to see Reed have an inspirational ride and kick ass, the reality is he would cost more money than he can generate. His brand has come and gone. Sorry. Maybe we can invent a supercross senior tour, he can dominate there

Do you lay awake still thinking Stew is gonna show up and start jumping quads? Maybe KTM can bring him in too. Meanwhile, the 10 million watching will see Webb on TV and challenging for a win, which is exactly what KTM pays for because THATS where profit comes from..Winning, just like Charlie Sheen.
So you originally said there was "not one logical reason they should hire him"
he is popular and gets a lot of attention.
Do you disagree with that statement? and if you do not, is that not a positive reason to hire him? i was merely saying there are pros and cons to hiring him.
i was merely pointing out that your original point was daft.

If he would cost more than he can generate (would love to know how you know what he costs for a fill in ride, and how many sales he would generate)
do you think every rider who doesn't have a chance at winning, and generates less sales than reed should lose their ride? I think there will be about 5 guys left with rides.
Jasper125
12/12/2019 6:19am
What if....... ktm offerd him a factory "gasgas" and support to introduce to supercross as a privateer with the backing of his own private sponsors
12/12/2019 6:26am
Wow. You truly are a euphorian. Listen, I would love to see Reed have an inspirational ride and kick ass, the reality is he would cost...

CM_84 wrote:
So you originally said there was "not one logical reason they should hire him" he is popular and gets a lot of attention. Do you disagree...
So you originally said there was "not one logical reason they should hire him"
he is popular and gets a lot of attention.
Do you disagree with that statement? and if you do not, is that not a positive reason to hire him? i was merely saying there are pros and cons to hiring him.
i was merely pointing out that your original point was daft.

If he would cost more than he can generate (would love to know how you know what he costs for a fill in ride, and how many sales he would generate)
do you think every rider who doesn't have a chance at winning, and generates less sales than reed should lose their ride? I think there will be about 5 guys left with rides.
Ok you’re right. I’m not going to argue, and they should hire the 722 as well. He can rap on the side of the track, sitting on his bike after missing the main, and get all kinds of attention. I really hope Chad Reed gets hired by a factory to appease your man love for him, meanwhile, the people that pay the bills have work to do. Thanks for playing
Question
12/12/2019 6:34am

CM_84 wrote:

Marketing/branding is not really like that. It is not just wins otherwise there would be 4 riders on the grid at A1 (Tomac, Roczen, Anderson, Webb).

Reed was 7th mid championship last year when he got injured in a 1st turn/1st lane pill up, and was really finding his grove after his podium. He got more TV time and more sympathy than most guys from 5th to 15th, just because he is the fan favorite.

In my mind, it is more JGR (and even more Suzuki) who totally missed the shot, because everything was lined up to transition him as a great ambassador/developer/test rider/key account manager to find new sponsors/or product manager (for instance to launch their own suspension preparation brand), or even as manager or nascar driver for a try.

A great farewell tour & results was on paper potentially at least a half of the tv time that Webb will get. Back to KTM, so far nobody know if Webb will be healthy all sx season, and if he will manage to win the championship again, as well as if anything happen to Webb then KTM will have an empty truck until the outdoors. Fortunately if this happens they still have Husky, Rocky Mountain, and the teams in europe.

I only see 2 reasons for this no deal :
1. they want to put 100% effort 100% focus on Webb to wrap up a second championship, which is very understandable
2. Reed did not train at all for a few months and injured some ribs in Paris mid November so such a late preparation may have been rightfully considered as a risk to be really at 100% from the start of the season.

Right now, on a private bike, unfortunately you will be right, he will be top 15-top 22, a bit like on the private husky, but no need to try to fool yourself or anybody, Reed at 100% (maybe from February) and on the factory KTM would have been top 7 in the championship, like in any championship on a factory bike he has participated in. If you don't believe it, next time i will post the vault.
tingo
12/12/2019 6:49am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2019 6:51am

You don't know that Reed will cost more money than he can generate. I get the feeling he'd race for free just to have the factory bikes, transport, etc paid for. You also don't seem to understand much about PR. Having one of the biggest names in sport under your tent during his farewell tour is a big exposure opportunity. Maybe they don't want the distraction. Maybe they don't like Chad. Who knows? Not you or I. Surely Roger and Ian considered the possibility, and obviously have their reasons for not reaching out to him.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
12/12/2019 6:55am
Jasper125 wrote:
What if....... ktm offerd him a factory "gasgas" and support to introduce to supercross as a privateer with the backing of his own private sponsors
That idea is so crazy that it might work out.
mxb2
12/12/2019 6:56am

tingo wrote:
You don't know that Reed will cost more money than he can generate. I get the feeling he'd race for free just to have the factory...
You don't know that Reed will cost more money than he can generate. I get the feeling he'd race for free just to have the factory bikes, transport, etc paid for. You also don't seem to understand much about PR. Having one of the biggest names in sport under your tent during his farewell tour is a big exposure opportunity. Maybe they don't want the distraction. Maybe they don't like Chad. Who knows? Not you or I. Surely Roger and Ian considered the possibility, and obviously have their reasons for not reaching out to him.
X2. Red bull, ktm decision.nobody elses. Reed isnt entitled to anything. He has had good equipment his whole career. His current crf is plenty good.
12/12/2019 7:05am

tingo wrote:
You don't know that Reed will cost more money than he can generate. I get the feeling he'd race for free just to have the factory...
Do you guys realize that Reed will more than likely not make all the mains? He will be in the LCQ more often than not. I can’t remember the last time he finished a season.
Yes, I understand PR and these teams probably a little better than you realize.
This is FACTORY KTM. They hire to win, period. Companies like Morotex write a HUGE check for that. I would be PISSED if I’m Motorex, and they hired Reed, instead of moving Baggett up (if they didn’t have a rider) and filling someone else on the Rocky MTN team.
They don’t hire riders because of a “feel good” tour. If anyone would do that it would be Yamaha where he won multiple championships, trying to do some branding with winning. I can’t believe I’m even responding to this

Hey, is McGrath available to come back and run the series for Honda? That would generate more publicity than Reed, way more. Why don’t they do that?
mxb2
12/12/2019 7:12am

tingo wrote:
Do you guys realize that Reed will more than likely not make all the mains? He will be in the LCQ more often than not. I...
Do you guys realize that Reed will more than likely not make all the mains? He will be in the LCQ more often than not. I can’t remember the last time he finished a season.
This is FACTORY KTM. They hire to win, period. Companies like Morotex write a HUGE check for that. I would be PISSED if I’m Motorex, and they hired Reed, instead of moving Baggett up (if they didn’t have a rider) and filling someone else on the Rocky MTN team.
They don’t hire riders because of a “feel good” tour. If anyone would do that it would be Yamaha where he won multiple championships, trying to do some branding with winning. I can’t believe I’m even responding to this

Hey, is McGrath available to come back and run the series for Honda? That would generate more publicity than Reed, way more. Why don’t they do that?
Put roger d on a suzuki while we are at it. Lol.
CM_84
12/12/2019 7:16am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2019 8:23pm

tingo wrote:
Do you guys realize that Reed will more than likely not make all the mains? He will be in the LCQ more often than not. I...

You’re making out as if Reed is running around 15 seconds a lap off the pace.
he was a 7-15 guy last year.
I don't care either way if they hire him
Again, the whole reason I started arguing with you i because you said there is "not one logical reason to hire him"
do you not realise how fucking stupid that statement is?
As I said before, there are reasons to hire him, and reasons not to. by the sounds of it KTM thought there were more of the latter than the former. but your statement is still dumb.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/12/2019 7:19am

tingo wrote:

Who would you put on the bike?
mauidex
12/12/2019 7:19am
ozzie to the white courtesy phone!!!!
12/12/2019 7:28am
mauidex wrote:
ozzie to the white courtesy phone!!!!
Lol! Red Bull wants KTM to hire the guy that said energy drinks are awful and he would never put them in his body. Golden hire.

Post a reply to: REED on KTM?

The Latest