REED on KTM?

12/8/2019 3:44am
bigk218 wrote:
I hear it’s a done deal [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/06/389469/s1200_0C61D209_2718_4152_810C_EE3A4548B157.jpg[/img]
I hear it’s a done deal

-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Plessinger is out at Yamaha?

Better put a 259 on it.
the 259 ( FMOTP) is riding Gas Gas Wink
Arofin
12/8/2019 4:11am
bigk218 wrote:
I hear it’s a done deal [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/06/389469/s1200_0C61D209_2718_4152_810C_EE3A4548B157.jpg[/img]
I hear it’s a done deal

-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Plessinger is out at Yamaha?

Better put a 259 on it.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
12/8/2019 5:10am
GuyB wrote:
The press release about Marv might explain a lot.
Dang, these guys just get going, and then boom, get injured
Crush
12/11/2019 3:08am
Dan Truman just posted on IG looking for a trailer... so either it's next level trolling or no-bueno on the magic pumpkin for the cinderella send off.

The Shop

tingo
12/11/2019 6:28am
Ellie has some vids on her IG account talking about Chad and KTM. If she wasn't intentionally throwing her audience off, Chad hasn't heard from Roger. She said "please call" a few times. She also mentioned that for those asking about the VIP experience, they don't have anything to offer yet. Then again, with Chad and Ellie's (mainly Chad) past social media sneakiness, sometimes you gotta reed between the lines.
12/11/2019 7:06am
Chad has been very quiet on social media lately which is very unlike him
MZ193
12/11/2019 10:58am
Chad will be on a factory ktm replacing marvin for 2020 sx. I can guarantee you.
Have a nice day.
toroP
12/11/2019 11:02am
MZ193 wrote:
Chad will be on a factory ktm replacing marvin for 2020 sx. I can guarantee you.
Have a nice day.
Thank you very much. Do I have to register to be eligible for this guarantee?
And a nice day to you as well.
MZ193
12/11/2019 11:06am
MZ193 wrote:
Have a nice day.
toroP wrote:
After the announcement about Marvin Musquin’s knee surgery, and that he will sideline the whole 2020 Supercross Season, KTM Announced today that Chad Reed will take Musquin spot in Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for 2020 Supercross Season. Аs well as we know this is the last Supercross season for Chad, He can’t get a better chance than this to finish his Professional Carееr.

This is what i got from somebody that may know something more than us.
toroP
12/11/2019 11:09am
MZ193 wrote:
Have a nice day.
toroP wrote:
MZ193 wrote:
After the announcement about Marvin Musquin’s knee surgery, and that he will sideline the whole 2020 Supercross Season, KTM Announced today that Chad Reed will take...
After the announcement about Marvin Musquin’s knee surgery, and that he will sideline the whole 2020 Supercross Season, KTM Announced today that Chad Reed will take Musquin spot in Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for 2020 Supercross Season. Аs well as we know this is the last Supercross season for Chad, He can’t get a better chance than this to finish his Professional Carееr.

Cool. Link to the announcement?
toroP
12/11/2019 11:14am
MZ193 wrote:
Have a nice day.
toroP wrote:
MZ193 wrote:
After the announcement about Marvin Musquin’s knee surgery, and that he will sideline the whole 2020 Supercross Season, KTM Announced today that Chad Reed will take...

Oh wait, that’s 4 days old, that post you quoted.
tingo
12/11/2019 11:37am
MZ193 wrote:

Is that you, boomslang?
tek14
12/11/2019 11:50am
Could Tedder let Reed ride bike that Martin left when he went to Factory KTM team?
GPR245
12/11/2019 2:13pm
MZ193 wrote:
Have a nice day.
toroP wrote:
MZ193 wrote:

KTM didn't "announce" anything. This is just you saying something that someone said. Truman wouldn't be looking for a Rig if this was a done deal, he doesn't troll like Reed does.
Lightning78
12/11/2019 2:54pm
mxmaniac wrote:
Reed has done so much for the sport.. Respect his commitment and true grit.. absolute legend of the sport and glad I got to see it...
Reed has done so much for the sport.. Respect his commitment and true grit.. absolute legend of the sport and glad I got to see it all from juniors through to whenever it officially ends. Finishing the season off under Roger on the best equipment regardless of where he finishes would be perfect. The exposure all involved would get in 2020 if this were to happen would be a marketing win for them all. We all know that the chances of Chad being a title contender is unlikely, thats reality. To the fuckwits that sit behind the keyboard hating on the bloke and anyone that has provided entertainment and built the brand of SX \ MX should be embarrassed. I am Australian.. but have the same opinion on James etc. How can you not appreciate the efforts and wish them only but the best for the last year of a massive successful era!
shuggs wrote:
If anybody argues with this I don’t think they are true fans of the sport. It would be good to see what a very motivated Chad...
If anybody argues with this I don’t think they are true fans of the sport.

It would be good to see what a very motivated Chad could do - this assuming that he would take a shot on arguably the best team & bike.
Back in 2011 2012 and some other year he did good on his 22 Kawi id be saying the same stuff but the last 3-4 years have excuse after excuse. I get it has trying to hold on but I haven't seen a "motivated" Chad Reed in a very long time.
Now they say "You know if all the stars align absolutely perfectly" (which NEVER happens) to a racer then Chad can top 5 or podium but he hasn't looked motivated in YEARS you can see it in his corners in SX. A lot of times he found himself battling with Alex Ray and the 722… ..now in sorry but his drop off athletically hasn't fallen THAT far and no disrespect to Aray and 722 but Chad was better than these last few years…. injury, lack of prep, or bike (which is a joke when he didn't have a bike)… stop it. There were years where rode fine with injuries.
I know I'm probably on an island of one here but I just don't understand why he keeps going back saying how much he loves racing and once he gets there it's one uninspired ride after another. Like I said you can see it in his Corners there's no fire fight anything coming in or going out in them and that's where he's losing all the time. Not one of the four different brands he's been on in the last 4 years have done anything to improve his motivation it's a consistent thing somewhere operated in his right wrist lol… .its not been "The bike" since 2015 when he won his last race I believe.
I have/had all the respect in the world for what Chad's done as a racer but him being out there and having all the wrong excuses about why he cant crack the top 10 is kinda wearing on me he just lacks the Drive and its starting to sour his legacy with me a little. With that said I'd still like to see him out there but not if he's not going to put in any effort

It's like that song by The Doors When the Music's Over turn out the lights
GPR245
12/11/2019 3:23pm
Not sure how to link it but Ellie just posted on IG that they’re doing themselves #notavailable turns out your buddy doesn’t know more than us eh MZ193?
rob162
12/11/2019 3:27pm
mxmaniac wrote:
Reed has done so much for the sport.. Respect his commitment and true grit.. absolute legend of the sport and glad I got to see it...
Reed has done so much for the sport.. Respect his commitment and true grit.. absolute legend of the sport and glad I got to see it all from juniors through to whenever it officially ends. Finishing the season off under Roger on the best equipment regardless of where he finishes would be perfect. The exposure all involved would get in 2020 if this were to happen would be a marketing win for them all. We all know that the chances of Chad being a title contender is unlikely, thats reality. To the fuckwits that sit behind the keyboard hating on the bloke and anyone that has provided entertainment and built the brand of SX \ MX should be embarrassed. I am Australian.. but have the same opinion on James etc. How can you not appreciate the efforts and wish them only but the best for the last year of a massive successful era!
shuggs wrote:
If anybody argues with this I don’t think they are true fans of the sport. It would be good to see what a very motivated Chad...

It would be good to see what a very motivated Chad could do - this assuming that he would take a shot on arguably the best team & bike.
Back in 2011 2012 and some other year he did good on his 22 Kawi id be saying the same stuff but the last 3-4 years...
Back in 2011 2012 and some other year he did good on his 22 Kawi id be saying the same stuff but the last 3-4 years have excuse after excuse. I get it has trying to hold on but I haven't seen a "motivated" Chad Reed in a very long time.
Now they say "You know if all the stars align absolutely perfectly" (which NEVER happens) to a racer then Chad can top 5 or podium but he hasn't looked motivated in YEARS you can see it in his corners in SX. A lot of times he found himself battling with Alex Ray and the 722… ..now in sorry but his drop off athletically hasn't fallen THAT far and no disrespect to Aray and 722 but Chad was better than these last few years…. injury, lack of prep, or bike (which is a joke when he didn't have a bike)… stop it. There were years where rode fine with injuries.
I know I'm probably on an island of one here but I just don't understand why he keeps going back saying how much he loves racing and once he gets there it's one uninspired ride after another. Like I said you can see it in his Corners there's no fire fight anything coming in or going out in them and that's where he's losing all the time. Not one of the four different brands he's been on in the last 4 years have done anything to improve his motivation it's a consistent thing somewhere operated in his right wrist lol… .its not been "The bike" since 2015 when he won his last race I believe.
I have/had all the respect in the world for what Chad's done as a racer but him being out there and having all the wrong excuses about why he cant crack the top 10 is kinda wearing on me he just lacks the Drive and its starting to sour his legacy with me a little. With that said I'd still like to see him out there but not if he's not going to put in any effort

You lost me here 48. The guy was inside and just outside the top 5 all year last year. Top 10 all year until he got hurt. Also hit the podium. Looked like a shoe in for 2-5th the night he got hurt. Also had a few good runs that were ruined by other riders a couple rounds. BUT, I do agree with you on his corners. He doesn't charge into and out of them as often as you said.
BUTWHY?
12/11/2019 3:31pm
BUTWHY? wrote:
How exciting... a guy in his late 30’s, hoping to crack the top 5 but realistically will be a 10-15 guy, complain about the bike and...
How exciting... a guy in his late 30’s, hoping to crack the top 5 but realistically will be a 10-15 guy, complain about the bike and why emmmm we emmmm just emmm need to emmmm work on a emmmmm few things until the last few rounds. Just retire already 22...
mxgoon wrote:
Why you mad bro?
Not mad at all. That’s how the story will go with him if he hops on the ktm. Very cool that the guy is racing this far in but just gets tiring hearing about why they aren’t there with the bike or why they didn’t have much testing time. The guy has made his money, he’s elevated the sport and full props but I really don’t think he is deserving of a factory spot at this point.
MXMattii
12/11/2019 3:45pm
If Reed rides a KTM, then it is because Davalos gets the Factory ride and Team Tedder can gets things sorted with Chad Reed, so they can get him on the Monster Energy backed Factory KTM they were originally leasing for Davalos.
12/11/2019 4:02pm
mxmaniac wrote:
shuggs wrote:

Back in 2011 2012 and some other year he did good on his 22 Kawi id be saying the same stuff but the last 3-4 years...

He was on Honda’s in 2011/2012, Not Kawi
gnarwhip
12/11/2019 4:08pm
Ellie just posted on ig that ktm hasn’t called.
moto431
Fantasy
649th
12/11/2019 4:15pm
Ryan Morias might be the perfect fill in!! Just sayin
Moto520
12/11/2019 4:27pm
It’s like this: We all like Chad Reed. We want him to do well because he’s the old guy and most of us have an extreme passion for this great sport. It disappoints us when we see that he is not training the way he needs to train in order to be competitive. I feel that he is lucky to be able to ride whenever he wants....that’s how far my passion reaches. We get excited and then he shows up out of shape and with no real chance to ride hard for 20 laps. It’s not good enough for us fans so we are frustrated. Then....they continue to keep relevant by giving us hope through social media platforms (he and his wife) that he will rock and roll. So.......we continue to follow him and all the information surrounding him in hopes that we will have something to get excited about. And.....then.....they don’t race and continue to try and sell us their shitty CBD or ABC or whatever the hell. Don’t use us. Our passion for the sport is as large as yours.....we just suck.

. To answer your question....yes....i am fun at parties.
WFO
12/11/2019 5:35pm
RonJon wrote:
He almost had the ride in 17 before they signed tickle. Im sure even if Reedy was mid-pack it would have been better press than having...
He almost had the ride in 17 before they signed tickle. Im sure even if Reedy was mid-pack it would have been better press than having a cheater.
Are't you the Poser!
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
12/11/2019 5:38pm
Reeds confirmed he wont be on a KTM for next year.
hes doing his own privateer thing.
Johnny Ringo
12/11/2019 6:17pm
I never understood why some people want legends of the sport to quit racing. Be glad he’s out there. He won’t be next year.

Post a reply to: REED on KTM?

The Latest