REED on KTM?

Camp332
12/13/2019 7:20am
CM_84 wrote:
Does anyone notice how old Ricky never answers peoples questions? some of the ones you missed ricky boy: -Is his popularity A logical reason to hire...
Does anyone notice how old Ricky never answers peoples questions?
some of the ones you missed ricky boy:
-Is his popularity A logical reason to hire him (independent to the also logical reasons not to hire him)
-Should anyone who is not capable of winning lose theor factory rides?
-Who would you have hired?
-Should anyone that Reed beats either be fired or lose their jobs?

Camp332 wrote:
Be honest, you were hitting those Foster's oil cans before you made this post, Mate!
CM_84 wrote:
Australian's don't drink Fosters
My best friend and I used to swipe his old man's Fosters out of the garage when we were teenagers. I don't blame you guys for not drinking that kangaroo pee! Laughing

Anyway, what's up with the Reed to KTM rumor? Is it going to happen?
mxb2
12/13/2019 7:25am
Camp332 wrote:
Be honest, you were hitting those Foster's oil cans before you made this post, Mate!
CM_84 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
My best friend and I used to swipe his old man's Fosters out of the garage when we were teenagers. I don't blame you guys for...
My best friend and I used to swipe his old man's Fosters out of the garage when we were teenagers. I don't blame you guys for not drinking that kangaroo pee! Laughing

Anyway, what's up with the Reed to KTM rumor? Is it going to happen?
Didnt reed bash energy drinks awhile ago?
brocster
12/13/2019 7:49am
At this past MEC. Reed had more people standing outside his pit on average throughout the day than anyone else.

For this last year you would be a fool not to get involved with his program or have him on your team. His name, face, picture, career highlight reel be shown and mentioned more than anyone or anything else. Period!

12/13/2019 8:05am
brocster wrote:
At this past MEC. Reed had more people standing outside his pit on average throughout the day than anyone else. For this last year you would...
At this past MEC. Reed had more people standing outside his pit on average throughout the day than anyone else.

For this last year you would be a fool not to get involved with his program or have him on your team. His name, face, picture, career highlight reel be shown and mentioned more than anyone or anything else. Period!

Do you think 200 people standing outside his pits is really important to a manufacturer? He is 20lbs over weight, he has 2 broken ribs, he himself said he has hardly ridden a bike and hasn’t trained at all.. he said he no longer has the drive and wants to move on, he won’t risk getting hurt.
KTM already has the best selling bike out there, AND the #1. Chad Reed is irrelevant to the Supercross championship. Why on earth would KTM want to write a check to Chad, once again, on a gamble he may or may not finish the season mid pack? This is a business, not unicef.
Yes, it’s sad to see him go.. yes he is gnarly and kick ass... yes he was the best.. yes he has made more money than any other rider in history.. yes, would love to see him podium this season.. yes would love to see a factory hire him, but I can promise you it’s EXTREMELY unlikely to happen. It may, who knows.. but I sure wouldn’t do it if I am Ian Harrison, sorry, I would be looking for my future riders

The Shop

Ray_MXS
12/13/2019 8:15am
Do you think 200 people standing outside his pits is really important to a manufacturer? He is 20lbs over weight, he has 2 broken ribs, he...
Do you think 200 people standing outside his pits is really important to a manufacturer? He is 20lbs over weight, he has 2 broken ribs, he himself said he has hardly ridden a bike and hasn’t trained at all.. he said he no longer has the drive and wants to move on, he won’t risk getting hurt.
KTM already has the best selling bike out there, AND the #1. Chad Reed is irrelevant to the Supercross championship. Why on earth would KTM want to write a check to Chad, once again, on a gamble he may or may not finish the season mid pack? This is a business, not unicef.
Yes, it’s sad to see him go.. yes he is gnarly and kick ass... yes he was the best.. yes he has made more money than any other rider in history.. yes, would love to see him podium this season.. yes would love to see a factory hire him, but I can promise you it’s EXTREMELY unlikely to happen. It may, who knows.. but I sure wouldn’t do it if I am Ian Harrison, sorry, I would be looking for my future riders
Sure it does. Maybe not for you, but for the fans.

I remember in the early 2000s my favorite rider was the frenchman Frédéric Bolley. The years leading up to his 250 championship he was on a Honda, and so was I because of him. Honda was THE best bike, no one could convince me otherwise. When he switched to Yamaha a few years later, so did I, and once again blue was the only color I could see.

So yeah, it matters.
brocster
12/13/2019 8:28am
brocster wrote:
At this past MEC. Reed had more people standing outside his pit on average throughout the day than anyone else. For this last year you would...

Do you think 200 people standing outside his pits is really important to a manufacturer? He is 20lbs over weight, he has 2 broken ribs, he...
Yes it matters. Eyes on products = sales

I’ll leave this here

12/13/2019 8:42am
brocster wrote:

brocster wrote:
Yes it matters. Eyes on products = sales I’ll leave this here [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/13/391170/s1200_32BCE92C_1B0F_4FC9_B6A3_90F947C9561D.jpg[/img]

I’ll leave this here

Nice photo, but why didn’t a factory take him?
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/13/2019 8:44am
brocster wrote:

So... who would you hire? It's looking like Reed is going in his own anyway, now. Based on the criteria you just listed, who is the obviously better pick? Or are you arguing that if they cant put a race winner on the bike, just don't go racing?
mxb2
12/13/2019 8:47am
brocster wrote:

davis224 wrote:
So... who would you hire? It's looking like Reed is going in his own anyway, now. Based on the criteria you just listed, who is the...
So... who would you hire? It's looking like Reed is going in his own anyway, now. Based on the criteria you just listed, who is the obviously better pick? Or are you arguing that if they cant put a race winner on the bike, just don't go racing?
Maybe just have webb. Unless sponsors require 2 riders under the tent.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/13/2019 8:49am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 8:50am
davis224 wrote:
So... who would you hire? It's looking like Reed is going in his own anyway, now. Based on the criteria you just listed, who is the...
mxb2 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. Who else is available that can stay consistently in the top 10? Josh Grant? Potentially give a TLD rider the bike for a few rounds?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/13/2019 8:53am
davis224 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. Who else is available that can stay consistently in the top 10? Josh Grant? Potentially give a TLD rider the bike for...
That's what I'm thinking. Who else is available that can stay consistently in the top 10? Josh Grant? Potentially give a TLD rider the bike for a few rounds?
I think Josh is moving onto other things.

View this post on Instagram

🤔

A post shared by Josh Grant (@joshgrant33) on Dec 11, 2019 at 9:29pm PST

mxb2
12/13/2019 8:53am
davis224 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. Who else is available that can stay consistently in the top 10? Josh Grant? Potentially give a TLD rider the bike for...
I.remember 2010 unadilla,. Their 250 guy was hurt,. Roger d told me its cheaper for them to have the bike sit, then giving a factory bike to someone to ride 15-20th place.
RonJon
12/13/2019 9:07am
CM_84 wrote:
Does anyone notice how old Ricky never answers peoples questions? some of the ones you missed ricky boy: -Is his popularity A logical reason to hire...
Does anyone notice how old Ricky never answers peoples questions?
some of the ones you missed ricky boy:
-Is his popularity A logical reason to hire him (independent to the also logical reasons not to hire him)
-Should anyone who is not capable of winning lose theor factory rides?
-Who would you have hired?
-Should anyone that Reed beats either be fired or lose their jobs?

Camp332 wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
We Drink VBs!
shuggs
12/13/2019 9:38am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 9:38am
So with this being his last year how about this for a PR opportunity:
Out with old, with this being his farewell tour
In with the new, launch of GasGas
Then maybe have him as brand ambassador/ test pilot.

Nothing to say the GasGas HAS to have an energy drink sponsor??
mxb2
12/13/2019 9:48am
shuggs wrote:
So with this being his last year how about this for a PR opportunity: Out with old, with this being his farewell tour In with the...
So with this being his last year how about this for a PR opportunity:
Out with old, with this being his farewell tour
In with the new, launch of GasGas
Then maybe have him as brand ambassador/ test pilot.

Nothing to say the GasGas HAS to have an energy drink sponsor??
Except gas gas isnt ama, sx, mx legal.
brocster
12/13/2019 9:49am
brocster wrote:
Yes it matters. Eyes on products = sales I’ll leave this here [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/13/391170/s1200_32BCE92C_1B0F_4FC9_B6A3_90F947C9561D.jpg[/img]

I’ll leave this here

Would imagine they don’t see the ROI with Marty or maybe the deal isn’t as good as it seems??? Whichever, both Reed and Marty appear to have good backing and will be on solid equipment.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/13/2019 9:53am
brocster wrote:

I’ll leave this here

Dude... That is a factory KTM with Team Tedder graphics. Roger D told Matt Tedder that they wanted Marty on the bike/team. Go read the interview with Matt Tedder on RacerX. Marty has the same equipment as Webb, Marv, Bogle and Baggett, just with different graphics. They also have access to all the same info.
Tuffy
12/13/2019 10:09am
Yeah...seriously....the guy may have a few hundred people waiting for.an autograph....but for a company to make a marketing plan that involves quarter million dollars, its not for a guy lost in mid-pack with 500,000-900,000 TV viewers watching. Of course they want max exposure with a guy who will battle in top 5. Its about max TV exposure, not a bunch of kids and wierdo adults waiting for an autograph.

We all love Chad Reed, but I would like to see Martin Davalos get moved to Marvin's spot and Tickle get Martins KTM ride.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/13/2019 10:16am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 10:31am
Tuffy wrote:
Yeah...seriously....the guy may have a few hundred people waiting for.an autograph....but for a company to make a marketing plan that involves quarter million dollars, its not...
Yeah...seriously....the guy may have a few hundred people waiting for.an autograph....but for a company to make a marketing plan that involves quarter million dollars, its not for a guy lost in mid-pack with 500,000-900,000 TV viewers watching. Of course they want max exposure with a guy who will battle in top 5. Its about max TV exposure, not a bunch of kids and wierdo adults waiting for an autograph.

We all love Chad Reed, but I would like to see Martin Davalos get moved to Marvin's spot and Tickle get Martins KTM ride.
It's not all about TV exposure. Social media these days plays a big part in that.

Instagram

Chad Reed: 940k
Broc Tickle: 154k
Martin Davalos: 78k

Twitter

Chad Reed: 294.4k
Broc Tickle: 72.7k (nothing tweeted since summer)
Martin Davalos: -

Facebook

Chad Reed: 368k
Broc Tickle: -
Martin Davalos: 23k

Total Reach

Chad Reed: 1.6m
Broc Tickle: 226k
Martin Davalos: 101k
brocster
12/13/2019 10:27am
brocster wrote:

I’ll leave this here

Would imagine they don’t see the ROI with Marty or maybe the deal isn’t as good as it seems??? Whichever, both Reed and Marty appear to have good backing and will be on solid equipment.
Tuffy
12/13/2019 10:33am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 10:38am
Tuffy wrote:
Yeah...seriously....the guy may have a few hundred people waiting for.an autograph....but for a company to make a marketing plan that involves quarter million dollars, its not...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's not all about TV exposure. Social media these days plays a big part in that. [u][b]Instagram[/b][/u] Chad Reed: 940k Broc Tickle: 154k Martin Davalos: 78k...
It's not all about TV exposure. Social media these days plays a big part in that.

Instagram

Chad Reed: 940k
Broc Tickle: 154k
Martin Davalos: 78k

Twitter

Chad Reed: 294.4k
Broc Tickle: 72.7k (nothing tweeted since summer)
Martin Davalos: -

Facebook

Chad Reed: 368k
Broc Tickle: -
Martin Davalos: 23k

Total Reach

Chad Reed: 1.6m
Broc Tickle: 226k
Martin Davalos: 101k
Having been in marketing for 35 years, I disagree. TV brings in new potential customers. If you follow a rider in Social Media, you are most likely knowledgable about the sport and your opinion is already made. KTM is looking for TV exposure to not just SX, but street, adventure, and a bunch of other non-hardcore SX fans.

Kawasaki originally made motorcycles to promote the name for their heavy equipment business.
brocster
12/13/2019 10:35am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 10:37am
Tuffy wrote:

Surely you have better comprehension and an IQ that can handle getting past 200 people standing by a truck.

No matter where he is during the actual race or where he finishes he will get as much or more exposure during the show and the BROADCAST than the guys that actually finish on the podium. The dude has a reputation, a story and a following and it will be used to it fullest.

There is no story this year. Kenny’s injury is played out. REED the story of 2020 bank on it.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
12/13/2019 10:40am
Tuffy wrote:
Having been in marketing for 35 years, I disagree. TV brings in new potential customers. If you follow a rider in Social Media, you are most...
Having been in marketing for 35 years, I disagree. TV brings in new potential customers. If you follow a rider in Social Media, you are most likely knowledgable about the sport and your opinion is already made. KTM is looking for TV exposure to not just SX, but street, adventure, and a bunch of other non-hardcore SX fans.

Kawasaki originally made motorcycles to promote the name for their heavy equipment business.
A team manager I know has repeatedly told me that in the eyes of a lot of these companies, it's all about likes these days...so there's that. (And yes he's been around a while, and he hates it...the social media aspect of it)
Question
12/13/2019 11:17am
Tuffy wrote:

brocster wrote:
Surely you have better comprehension and an IQ that can handle getting past 200 people standing by a truck. No matter where he is during the...
Surely you have better comprehension and an IQ that can handle getting past 200 people standing by a truck.

No matter where he is during the actual race or where he finishes he will get as much or more exposure during the show and the BROADCAST than the guys that actually finish on the podium. The dude has a reputation, a story and a following and it will be used to it fullest.

There is no story this year. Kenny’s injury is played out. REED the story of 2020 bank on it.

Exactly. Best story line on the show, which would have been mentioned at least a few times each night.

I guess the issue is Reed may have been too competitive on such a bike, and riding for podiums and for top 5s may have distracted too much the team for what they really want and put millions for, which is the title. Only 1 team really go for this goal, so i understand they want to put all their effort into that.

I don't have a major issue with that, but the main issue is all the haters will be back full speed because on a private bike a top 15 is already a great results and many will be like "i told you" etc whereas everyone with a bit of intellectual honesty know the story. And what a pity about Suzuki, I think Reed even bought a house there ... for like 8 months ...
12/13/2019 2:09pm
Camp332 wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
RonJon wrote:
We Drink VBs!
Throw another shrimp on the barbie? In my 48yrs never and have never seen this happen.
12/13/2019 3:16pm
brocster wrote:

Yes, 200 people standing in line to get his autograph is huge for a manufacturer! Only one rider can win the main event, what else do you think moves the needle?
12/13/2019 3:20pm
brocster wrote:

Yes, 200 people standing in line to get his autograph is huge for a manufacturer! Only one rider can win the main event, what else do...
Yes, 200 people standing in line to get his autograph is huge for a manufacturer! Only one rider can win the main event, what else do you think moves the needle?
I prefer the bar.

Post a reply to: REED on KTM?

The Latest