Maybe This Will Shut Them Up, Probably Not....

Zoom
12/15/2021 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2021 3:19pm
MX Sports announced there will be 3 Vet class at Loretta's that will not allow any former pros that have ever scored a point in AMA Pro Racing. Previously is was Over 30 and Over 40, they have now added Over 45.

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
|
12/15/2021 6:31pm
I think it should be if you ever had a pro license not if you ever scored a pro point but I don’t race vet classes yet so it’s whatever. I downvoted you just for being a douche and not understanding how weekend warriors are aggravated about racing former pros at an amateur event.
Zoom
12/15/2021 7:10pm
I think it should be if you ever had a pro license not if you ever scored a pro point but I don’t race vet classes...
I think it should be if you ever had a pro license not if you ever scored a pro point but I don’t race vet classes yet so it’s whatever. I downvoted you just for being a douche and not understanding how weekend warriors are aggravated about racing former pros at an amateur event.
Those 3 Sportsman classes will be filled with riders that have never had a pro license. But I knew people would still complain...
12/15/2021 7:13pm
I think it should be if you ever had a pro license not if you ever scored a pro point but I don’t race vet classes...
Zoom wrote:
Those 3 Sportsman classes will be filled with riders that have never had a pro license. But I knew people would still complain...
What’s it like seeing the future?
Gary Duck
12/15/2021 7:26pm
What class can point earners race?

The Shop

12/15/2021 7:30pm
Gary Duck wrote:
What class can point earners race?
Any vet class that isn’t a sportsman(and they meet the age requirements) and the A classes.
cable
12/15/2021 7:35pm
They were only a $100 in the 90s. that would get you into all the races for free.. lots of people did it wether they were trying to qualify or not.
40acres
12/15/2021 9:21pm
Do you even know who you're calling a douche? Zoom does more for this sport than you could ever dream of. No need to come in here and talk down to anyone or resort to name calling.
8tensolutions
12/15/2021 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2021 9:38am
Aren't the former pros weekend warriors now too? Who cares man. Line up and race if you want and if not, stay home. Now there are three classes that keep the pros (even if they are 45) out and somehow it's still not good enough. Maybe they need too say anyone who may be related or rode with a pro before or got an autograph from a pro can't race either. Would that be good enough for you?

Some guys actually think it's cool to line up with Mike Brown, Jeff Emig, Robbie Reynard etc.
motomike137
12/15/2021 11:27pm
Zoom wrote:
MX Sports announced there will be 3 Vet class at Loretta's that will not allow any former pros that have ever scored a point in AMA...
MX Sports announced there will be 3 Vet class at Loretta's that will not allow any former pros that have ever scored a point in AMA Pro Racing. Previously is was Over 30 and Over 40, they have now added Over 45.

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
So did they literally just add three more classes to the program? personally I don't care if there are ex pro's out there or not. They are no longer making a living racing motocross so I don't have issue with it. They were faster than me when we were teenagers and they likely still are Wink
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
12/15/2021 11:56pm
Zoom wrote:
MX Sports announced there will be 3 Vet class at Loretta's that will not allow any former pros that have ever scored a point in AMA...

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
So did they literally just add three more classes to the program? personally I don't care if there are ex pro's out there or not. They...
So did they literally just add three more classes to the program? personally I don't care if there are ex pro's out there or not. They are no longer making a living racing motocross so I don't have issue with it. They were faster than me when we were teenagers and they likely still are Wink
Doesn’t Brownie still make a living riding and racing?
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
12/16/2021 12:21am
Aren't the former pros weekend warriors now too? Who cares man. Line up and race if you want and if not, stay home. Now there are...
Aren't the former pros weekend warriors now too? Who cares man. Line up and race if you want and if not, stay home. Now there are three classes that keep the pros (even if they are 45) out and somehow it's still not good enough. Maybe they need too say anyone who may be related or rode with a pro before or got an autograph from a pro can't race either. Would that be good enough for you?

Some guys actually think it's cool to line up with Mike Brown, Jeff Emig, Robbie Reynard etc.
I don't mind the pros racing with us. When I met Jeff Emig a couple weeks ago at the Kurt Caselli Ride Day I told him I'd love to line up next to him sometime.
I raced Jeff "Chicken" Matiasevich last year. How cool is that!
My plan is to whoop all their a$$es!
JBlain619
12/16/2021 6:08am
If you are a weekend warrior, why race something that is a national level event?
DC
12/16/2021 6:25am
Zoom wrote:

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
So did they literally just add three more classes to the program? personally I don't care if there are ex pro's out there or not. They...
They did not add any classes, they just removed points-earning ex-pro riders from the Senior +45 class and made it a Sportsman class, just like +30 and +40 already were. Ex-pros who earned points are now limited to two vet classes, Junior +25 and Masters +50. There's no room to add any classes and not compromise the length of the motos.

DC
Racer X
12/16/2021 6:29am
JBlain619 wrote:
If you are a weekend warrior, why race something that is a national level event?
"I can't believe they didn't add a C Vet 42-43 class that will not allow anyone who ever got 5th or better in a district race to qualify! Outrageous! How do they expect us weekend warriors to compete for an amateur championship!"
12/16/2021 6:36am
40acres wrote:
Do you even know who you're calling a douche? Zoom does more for this sport than you could ever dream of. No need to come in...
Do you even know who you're calling a douche? Zoom does more for this sport than you could ever dream of. No need to come in here and talk down to anyone or resort to name calling.
I don’t care who he is. He could have made the announced change without sideways comments. It’s a message board. Im sure he will be fine. Not like I know him personally it’s just a hyperbole.
LungButter
12/16/2021 6:37am
Based off this response I think we all know who the douche is.

12/16/2021 7:11am
JBlain619 wrote:
I don’t really care enough to get into a debate but your saying that people who work full time and don’t have the opportunity to ride more than on the weekends shouldn’t go to national events?
12/16/2021 7:24am
I don’t really care enough to get into a debate but your saying that people who work full time and don’t have the opportunity to ride...
I don’t really care enough to get into a debate but your saying that people who work full time and don’t have the opportunity to ride more than on the weekends shouldn’t go to national events?
I think people who can actually qualify should be able to make it to Loretta's. Every weekend warrior is already eligible to try to qualify, it's up to them to be good enough to make the cut.

Mini O's, RC's Daytona Am SX, and AZ Open are national level events that any weekend warrior can sign up for, and depending on entry numbers may go straight into the main.
JBlain619
12/16/2021 7:28am
I don’t really care enough to get into a debate but your saying that people who work full time and don’t have the opportunity to ride...
No, that isn't what I'm inferring. You are the one that used the term "weekend warrior." I think of weekend warrior's that just enjoy riding, not serious enough about it to worry about a national event.
LungButter
12/16/2021 7:33am
If you wanna race a National Level event....expect National Level competition.

When it comes to Loretta's....welp you're probably gonna need to ride more than once a week to be fast enough to qualify....if you can't do that then you're probably not one of the fastest 40 guys in the country in your class.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but that's life, thankfully there are still places where not everyone gets a trophy.
slipdog
12/16/2021 7:38am
I haven't qualified for a Pro national in 17yrs, Haven't earned a national point in 28yrs, I almost never ride anymore and work 50+hrs a week. Now if my son qualifies in the 65 class next year and I want to go with him I have to race 25+ against guys like Ryan Dungey and Josh Hill.

This is BULLSHIT!!!

Meister
12/16/2021 7:50am
Zoom wrote:

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
DC wrote:
They did not add any classes, they just removed points-earning ex-pro riders from the Senior +45 class and made it a Sportsman class, just like +30...
They did not add any classes, they just removed points-earning ex-pro riders from the Senior +45 class and made it a Sportsman class, just like +30 and +40 already were. Ex-pros who earned points are now limited to two vet classes, Junior +25 and Masters +50. There's no room to add any classes and not compromise the length of the motos.

DC
Racer X
Nice move. However, I still believe the sportsman definition needs refinement. As simple as, if you've ever made the fast 40 at a national or a night show at supercross. Guys who were capable of accomplishing that are on another level talent wise, even if they've been off a bike for years. The guy that got 21st at a national still hauls ass. Lol

+25 should be called Vet Pro. This is where all the ex pro vets should race. Could be a highlight of the week if you get some of the old big dogs on board who still ride, or are coming back around.
bayodome
Fantasy
4180th
12/16/2021 7:55am
Finally! There's once again a fair competition for the fastest of the slow guys!
12/16/2021 7:57am
LungButter wrote:
If you wanna race a National Level event....expect National Level competition. When it comes to Loretta's....welp you're probably gonna need to ride more than once a...
If you wanna race a National Level event....expect National Level competition.

When it comes to Loretta's....welp you're probably gonna need to ride more than once a week to be fast enough to qualify....if you can't do that then you're probably not one of the fastest 40 guys in the country in your class.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but that's life, thankfully there are still places where not everyone gets a trophy.
No feelings hurt here. Just asking a question.
sandtrack315
12/16/2021 8:04am
Seems reasonable. I have never done any better than podium a local B race, and I want to try to make it for the 40+ when I am old enough, nice to know I can try for 45+ too.

LL is an amateur race, let the people who were never pros enjoy it. Once we are all 50+, then sure, all bets are off ha.
Moto520
12/16/2021 8:06am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2021 8:09am
Zoom wrote:

Over 30 Sportsman
Over 40 Sportsman
Over 45 Sportsman
DC wrote:
They did not add any classes, they just removed points-earning ex-pro riders from the Senior +45 class and made it a Sportsman class, just like +30...

DC
Racer X
What happens to a guy like John Grewe or Billy Fosnock? Are they considered eligible? Who polices this and are there exceptions given? What would be considered an exception?

ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/16/2021 8:11am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Moto520 wrote:
What happens to a guy like John Grewe or Billy Fosnock? Are they considered eligible? Who polices this and are there exceptions given? What would be...
What happens to a guy like John Grewe or Billy Fosnock? Are they considered eligible? Who polices this and are there exceptions given? What would be considered an exception?

DC
12/16/2021 8:24am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Moto520 wrote:
What happens to a guy like John Grewe or Billy Fosnock? Are they considered eligible? Who polices this and are there exceptions given? What would be...

Both would be limited to Junior +25 and Masters +50 veterans, as both qualified for AMA Supercross and AMA Nationals.

For what it's worth, I would also be limited to those two as well--I scored 12 glorious points in 1985!

DC
Racer X
Gary Duck
12/16/2021 8:25am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Moto520 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
East SX didn't count for National points so the Foz should still be eligible.
Gary Duck
12/16/2021 8:28am
DC wrote:
Both would be limited to Junior +25 and Masters +50 veterans, as both qualified for AMA Supercross and AMA Nationals. For what it's worth, I would...
Both would be limited to Junior +25 and Masters +50 veterans, as both qualified for AMA Supercross and AMA Nationals.

For what it's worth, I would also be limited to those two as well--I scored 12 glorious points in 1985!

DC
Racer X
If you and Foz didn't get credit for the points then why do you hold it agianst them/you now?

Post a reply to: Maybe This Will Shut Them Up, Probably Not....

The Latest