Kalib Russell doing pretty good on the Factory KTM 250

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2021 7:56 PM

He has had some decent results. Will we see him under the Factory tent for SX? East Coast might suit him a little better.

|

7/10/2021 8:07 PM

I doubt he will race SX. But who knows…
Today was his best race, glad he did well, I like him.

|

7/11/2021 6:01 AM

He won't be on the factory team very long with a 24-16 finish. He's amazing at the GNCC's . And I don't blame him for wanting to race moto , but it's so different...

|

7/11/2021 7:17 AM

No chance for factory SX.
Do love seeing him out there, though!

|

7/11/2021 8:14 AM

Doing good? I thought he's doing pretty horrible. Hasn't ran top 10 at all. Crashes a ton. I was hoping for more from him.

|

7/11/2021 8:18 AM

Riding the Nats is a negotiated reward for his GNCC Titles. Well done Kalib and I certainly hope this contract extension is good for 2 seasons. He certainly earned it and KTM is a stand up company for coming through with the ride!

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

7/11/2021 8:50 AM

racerxx276 wrote:

He won't be on the factory team very long with a 24-16 finish. He's amazing at the GNCC's . And I don't blame him for wanting ...more

Agreed. I laughed when people said he’d top 5. This 250 field is wild

|

7/11/2021 8:50 AM

And no hate whatsoever. Just the truth

|

7/11/2021 9:06 AM

evansteinberg wrote:

Doing good? I thought he's doing pretty horrible. Hasn't ran top 10 at all. Crashes a ton. I was hoping for more from him.

You really expected him to get a top 10? He as a lot of GNCC habits to break and get up to speed against guys that have been pure moto their whole lives. I'll bet those same racers would be in awe of him on a full national GNCC course.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

7/11/2021 9:06 AM

I don’t think he’s riding at 100%. Couple years ago he was leading a 450 national

|

7/11/2021 1:07 PM

racerxx276 wrote:

He won't be on the factory team very long with a 24-16 finish. He's amazing at the GNCC's . And I don't blame him for wanting ...more

He was given the ride as a “thank you” for all the titles he brought them in the GNCCs. KTM probably ain’t paying him much right now. It’s something he had on his bucket list and KTM made the commendable decision by helping him out. No one expected him to win a title.

He’s also coming off injuries. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him creep up toward 12-15th more consistently by the end of the year. We should all just appreciate how he’s stepped out of his comfort zone, taken on a new discipline and is still qualifying for a pro national. That’s pretty darn impressive if you ask me.

|

7/11/2021 1:52 PM

evansteinberg wrote:

You are clueless.

|

7/11/2021 2:01 PM

I’m thinking he’ll do pretty good at Spring creek and Washougal

|

7/11/2021 2:02 PM

evansteinberg wrote:

Did you sneak your mom's phone again, little buddy?

|

7/11/2021 2:26 PM

He’s doin great in my opinion, not giving up is huge, hopefully he keeps his head up cause there’s gonna be a mudder at some point! He’s the oldest dude in that class right?

|

7/11/2021 3:04 PM

Doing pretty damn good for a guys who's mouth was still wired shut 8 weeks ago with other major injuries.

|

7/11/2021 3:51 PM

evansteinberg wrote:

Natester551v wrote:

Did you sneak your mom's phone again, little buddy?

I'm a 30 something father of 3. Post with your real name, keyboard warrior.

|

7/11/2021 3:54 PM

Kailub (sic)

|

7/11/2021 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2021 4:03 PM

CraigCrashes wrote:

I don’t think he’s riding at 100%. Couple years ago he was leading a 450 national

He was top 3 if I remember right. I was there I don't think he ever lead the race. And it was a super mudder. Not much you can really tell from the results of a mudder

|

7/11/2021 4:23 PM

I could see him. A solid 12-15 guy in the last 4. Plus he is scoring points and earning a National #

|

7/11/2021 4:46 PM

Doing better than most off road guys have done crossing over

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/11/2021 5:58 PM

With that bike and support I would expect a lot more out of KR557. Yes he is an off-road guy and an all time great at that, but he only has to concentrate on MX not balancing both. I would say that the team could be using him to do some race development on engines and chassis with Vohland so young and green with testing. I also commend KTM and Red Bull for giving KR557 the chance to tick these boxes after such an amazing career.

|

7/11/2021 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2021 6:38 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Ricky Dietrich was the last off-road guy to race a few.

|

7/11/2021 6:55 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Up Wind wrote:

Dietrichs “offroad” was much different than Kaliubs.

|

7/11/2021 7:00 PM

His recent crash and injury, breaking his jaw really set him back. Plus, he probably is not as good on the 250.

And he is 31 years old! Doing great considering all of that.

|

7/11/2021 7:02 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Up Wind wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

Yeah, Ricky did pretty good. Strang, Destry, Caselli all lined up for a national or two also

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/11/2021 7:06 PM

agn5008 wrote:

Gotta love the “ to make it seem like it’s not real off road if it’s in the West. On brand for you for sure.

Blown out quad trails at GNCC isn’t exactly technical off-road either but that doesn’t play in to your agenda of hating on the West coast off road scene I suppose.

|

7/11/2021 7:13 PM

How about we admit if you can do what he has done and is doing . You are a motorcycle stud👍 Full respect here.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

7/11/2021 7:19 PM

Up Wind wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

LungButter wrote:

Gotta love the “ to make it seem like it’s not real off road if it’s in the West. On brand for you for sure.

Blown out quad ...more

WORCS or a desert race is totally different from GNCC. I agree if that was his meaning with the comment.

Caselli didn't do well when he tried it on the East coast. And Kailub only did ok out west when he gave it a shot.

|

7/11/2021 7:19 PM

He has an interview on YouTube somewhere, and he says it is a one year thing and then he is done.

I was a little disappointed he wasn’t able to avoid the crash caused by the downed rider in front of him. I can’t believe you could win anything in gncc without that skill.

|