Kalib Russell doing pretty good on the Factory KTM 250

LungButter
7/13/2021 6:10am
I wonder how many factory edition motorcycles were named after the people downing on Kr from their phones as they sit at their crap jobs wondering...
I wonder how many factory edition motorcycles were named after the people downing on Kr from their phones as they sit at their crap jobs wondering why they never made anything of themselves.
Keep on keeping on big man. 1st or 40th I’m a fan.
Amen.

KR has likely helped sell more KTMs in the US than the TLD Team did in their stint as the Factory effort.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
7/13/2021 6:14am
I was surprised he even went back out there first moto after a crash and lengthy pit stop to change broken shifter. He had to be dead last then, so 24th is very respectable. Ran consistent laps with top guys second moto.. I'm impressed and also appreciate the effort to get me double points at pulp!
fourfourone
7/13/2021 7:11am
Most people on here couldn't make it one lap around Southwick without falling, especially after a few practice motos beat up the track.

In person he looked good on the bike. He was running pace with plenty of the fast guys. He will find his grove.
Up Wind
7/13/2021 9:41am
I wonder how many factory edition motorcycles were named after the people downing on Kr from their phones as they sit at their crap jobs wondering...
I wonder how many factory edition motorcycles were named after the people downing on Kr from their phones as they sit at their crap jobs wondering why they never made anything of themselves.
Keep on keeping on big man. 1st or 40th I’m a fan.
LungButter wrote:
Amen.

KR has likely helped sell more KTMs in the US than the TLD Team did in their stint as the Factory effort.
Kalib sold 50 times more KTMs then TLD. TLD was helping Yamaha, Kawi, Honda and Suzuki sell bikes. Pretty sure Kalib represented the USA in the ISDE a few times.

The Shop

Natester551v
7/13/2021 2:26pm
Most people have no idea how much fitness it takes to run at KR's level for 3 hours; he posted sometime back some heart rate monitor data from a GNCC. It blew my wig back for sure....he's a gnarly dude, and I for one will cheer him every single lap. He's the GOAT of GNCC...second place isn't even close...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/13/2021 2:34pm
endurox wrote:
Kalib broke his jaw 1 week before the season started. So he is 3 months behind in training and testing.
Yeah, along with being KO'd for quite a while.
Up Wind
7/13/2021 9:22pm
Most people have no idea how much fitness it takes to run at KR's level for 3 hours; he posted sometime back some heart rate monitor...
Most people have no idea how much fitness it takes to run at KR's level for 3 hours; he posted sometime back some heart rate monitor data from a GNCC. It blew my wig back for sure....he's a gnarly dude, and I for one will cheer him every single lap. He's the GOAT of GNCC...second place isn't even close...
Who beats him in a 3hr race that includes a GNCC, SX and MX track combined together? All 3 of the disciplines combined. People are getting to watch one of the best dirt bike riders of all time.
7/13/2021 9:31pm
Most people have no idea how much fitness it takes to run at KR's level for 3 hours; he posted sometime back some heart rate monitor...
Up Wind wrote:
Who beats him in a 3hr race that includes a GNCC, SX and MX track combined together? All 3 of the disciplines combined. People are getting...
Who beats him in a 3hr race that includes a GNCC, SX and MX track combined together? All 3 of the disciplines combined. People are getting to watch one of the best dirt bike riders of all time.
Sipes....

He is for sure one of the best!

Knighter and Wattsy are right up there too in my book!
Up Wind
7/13/2021 9:43pm
Up Wind wrote:
Who beats him in a 3hr race that includes a GNCC, SX and MX track combined together? All 3 of the disciplines combined. People are getting...
Sipes....

All 3 of those guys are heros! Watts would win on every bike KTM made right out of the box!
-eagle-
7/14/2021 6:20am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2021 6:21am
Been watching this dumpster fire for a while now.

Timestamped interview on pulp from Monday.

resetjet
7/14/2021 6:25am
All we need is a good mudder and he could podium. I am so suprised how awful the worlds best riders are in mud. And we see a mud race or two every season. I guess since they all suck it doesnt matter.
sandman768
7/14/2021 6:36am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2021 6:37am
It’s great that KR wanted to finish out his career racing MX. I”m sure his early season injuries put a damper on his season but he is still fulfilling his dream. Anyone that thinks these to GNCC”s guys don’t haul ass is sorely mistaken. I believe most of the GNCC guys practice moto more often than woods riding. It used to be fun to see former MX pros race GNCC “s after their Moto careers were winding down, that does not appear to happen very often any longer.
7/14/2021 6:38am
Up Wind wrote:
Sipes....

I would toss Osborne in on this debate.
doofus
7/14/2021 7:04am
It’s fucking hilarious to see people shit all over a pro rider then he posts on here and everyone starts kissing ass
LungButter
7/14/2021 10:45am
sandman768 wrote:
It’s great that KR wanted to finish out his career racing MX. I”m sure his early season injuries put a damper on his season but he...
It’s great that KR wanted to finish out his career racing MX. I”m sure his early season injuries put a damper on his season but he is still fulfilling his dream. Anyone that thinks these to GNCC”s guys don’t haul ass is sorely mistaken. I believe most of the GNCC guys practice moto more often than woods riding. It used to be fun to see former MX pros race GNCC “s after their Moto careers were winding down, that does not appear to happen very often any longer.
I was thinking about that the other day, back in the day GNCC was full of ex-moto guys, hell Suzuki had a full team of them.

I think it's a couple things....the intensity of training and pure focus it takes to be a Pro MXer nowadays burns these guys out so they aren't interested in more training to move to another discipline. In addition to... the bar being greatly raised in off road the last 15-20 years. No longer do moto guys just have the outright speed advantage to come in and start competing at the front right away. The new breed of off road racers have refined their craft to a point that it takes years to get to their level now, they are "all out" the whole race.

This is something that started coming about during the Juha Salminen years, before that GNCC was more of a "pace yourself" for the first 2 hours or so and then pin it to the end. When Juha came over it basically started becoming a 3 hour sprint, this was even more exasperated when Knighter came next, that dude was crazy fast and it took all our US guys had to even try to keep him in sight.

Also, National results this year don't matter a single lick, Kailub Russel is one of the most bad ass Americans to ever throw his leg over a dirt bike in ANY discipline. Period. End of discussion. If this wasn't true.....KTM wouldn't even have given him the ride for the Summer.

Enjoy it KR, you fucking earned it dude.
Johnny Ringo
7/14/2021 10:50am
Roger calling him and telling him Austria wants results is stupid. Roger should worry about his failing 450 team and getting them consistently in the top 10, not the guy on a farewell tour.

KR has sold twice the KTMs Roger has
MikeID
7/14/2021 6:48pm
doofus wrote:
It’s fucking hilarious to see people shit all over a pro rider then he posts on here and everyone starts kissing ass
I wonder how threads like these generally would flow if the subjects of them responded as a matter of course, rather than as a matter of exception.

I guess for they could go about any way, but I’d think it could really be something pretty positive and fun.

I’m not sure I had any real expectations in terms of KR’s moto performances, but knowing now how this came about, it’s cool that KTM helped make this happen.

I also like it when the moto guys go off-road, too, Seeing guys like Danny LaPorte, Rodney Smith, Ty Davis and others ride off-road was pretty cool.
yz133rider
7/14/2021 10:44pm
Roger calling him and telling him Austria wants results is stupid. Roger should worry about his failing 450 team and getting them consistently in the top...
Roger calling him and telling him Austria wants results is stupid. Roger should worry about his failing 450 team and getting them consistently in the top 10, not the guy on a farewell tour.

KR has sold twice the KTMs Roger has
That’s unreal that he called about that.
MikeID
7/15/2021 6:24am
yz133rider wrote:
That’s unreal that he called about that.
Wow, yeah. I wouldn’t have expected that.
TK40_FC
7/15/2021 9:51am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2021 10:38am
Count me in with the crowd who thinks the fact that there are any legitimate expectations at all is kind of ridiculous. Kalib has been an amazing ambassador for GNCC racing as well as KTM as a brand and the only thing I think he should be really concerned with is what brand of beer he's going to crack open after moto 2 is over. If i were KTM, I'd be using his bike as a billboard for his GNCC accomplishments and championships and really advertising this as a retirement tour, where he is able to see and hear some appreciation from the fans up close. I don't know what kind of talk's KR had with Ian and Roger prior to agreeing to race this year, but it seems to me, especially in his pulp interview that he's struggling more than he's enjoying his time. That to me is some bullshit, let the rookie have some fun and have a shitty race here and there! He's earned it.

LungButter
7/15/2021 10:27am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2021 10:28am
TK40_FC wrote:
Count me in with the crowd who thinks the fact that there are any legitimate expectations at all is kind of ridiculous. Kalib has been an...
Count me in with the crowd who thinks the fact that there are any legitimate expectations at all is kind of ridiculous. Kalib has been an amazing ambassador for GNCC racing as well as KTM as a brand and the only thing I think he should be really concerned with is what brand of beer he's going to crack open after moto 2 is over. If i were KTM, I'd be using his bike as a billboard for his GNCC accomplishments and championships and really advertising this as a retirement tour, where he is able to see and hear some appreciation from the fans up close. I don't know what kind of talk's KR had with Ian and Roger prior to agreeing to race this year, but it seems to me, especially in his pulp interview that he's struggling more than he's enjoying his time. That to me is some bullshit, let the rookie have some fun and have a shitty race here and there! He's earned it.

Couldn't agree more.

KR is more of a legend than any current KTM MX/SX rider ever will be.

8x GNCC Champ with 67 Overall wins is absolutely superhuman. They only race 12-13 times a year in GNCC.....he won the equivalent of 5 complete seasons worth of overalls.

For those who don't understand the scale of GNCC you should check out the latest episode of The Year of Jubilee that was just put out.

"The Man" needs to pull his head out of his ass and worry about the dudes who he hired to race Motocross.
fins227
7/16/2021 4:14am
agn5008 wrote:
I never said top guys on either coast aren’t amazingly talented dirt bike riders. It is just a different style of racing. You’re just looking for...
I never said top guys on either coast aren’t amazingly talented dirt bike riders. It is just a different style of racing. You’re just looking for a reason to get upset.
LungButter wrote:
Then why was off road in “ “ when talking about Dietrich? Just gets old that you for some reason think the East Coast is “more”...
Then why was off road in “ “ when talking about Dietrich?

Just gets old that you for some reason think the East Coast is “more” off road and superior to the West Coast. Every chance you get you like to try to prove that or throw jabs at West Coast guys like they somehow aren’t equal.

East Coast arrogance is alive and well.
East coast off road is superior in every way.

Post a reply to: Kalib Russell doing pretty good on the Factory KTM 250

The Latest