ITA RND 2..is RV2 in or not??

Olson
Posts
4605
Joined
4/14/2012
Location
SE
2/9/2015 2:32pm
Olson wrote:
Stefan Everts scored 739 points out of 750 in 2006. According to a lot of people on here RV will crush that record this season. Looking...
Stefan Everts scored 739 points out of 750 in 2006. According to a lot of people on here RV will crush that record this season. Looking forward to excuses.
peelout wrote:
who said anything about RV crushing that record season? Everts was amazing, same with Cairoli now. i think people are TRYING to fuel the fire, yourself...
who said anything about RV crushing that record season? Everts was amazing, same with Cairoli now.

i think people are TRYING to fuel the fire, yourself included in that post.
My reply wasn't aimed against a person with common sense. As I said, it's for the people that are saying not a single person in the GPs is even close to RVs level. And yes, someone actually said that. And I know most is bait and fuel on the fire. I usually don't play that game, but enough is enough.
Outsider
Posts
10628
Joined
1/29/2009
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
2/9/2015 3:02pm
peelout wrote:
such a rad picture, this is at the Utah national round and he was absolutely amazing that day (not surprising) his ability to attack a track...
such a rad picture, this is at the Utah national round and he was absolutely amazing that day (not surprising)

his ability to attack a track is un-matched, really looking forward to the MXGP's this season
Yup, cool thanks
Outsider
Posts
10628
Joined
1/29/2009
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
2/9/2015 3:04pm
Outsider wrote:
Yup, cool thanks
Always in the attack position... Tony's done
PressPassP
Posts
3329
Joined
3/3/2010
Location
Ipswich, GB
2/9/2015 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 4:16pm


Long season,but some might need some serious therapy if he isn't done

The Shop

Outsider
Posts
10628
Joined
1/29/2009
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
2/9/2015 4:24pm
PressPassP wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/02/09/79776/s1200_IMG_20150203_103652.jpg[/img] Long season,but some might need some serious therapy if he isn't done


Long season,but some might need some serious therapy if he isn't done

great pic, can't waitSmile
Juss
Posts
1101
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Bakersfield, CA, USA
2/9/2015 4:33pm
Bababooey wrote:
No it's not lost at all. I was just pointing out that that race is called des nations, not Europe versus the US. So when I...
No it's not lost at all. I was just pointing out that that race is called des nations, not Europe versus the US. So when I see a bunch of guys from the GBR bring the results of that race up, they claim the accomplishments of other countries as there own.

I personally don't care what country the winner of the nationals come from and RV himself has said its due to the lighter schedule over there versus here. If we had the same type of schedule here I'm pretty sure he would have stayed.
philG wrote:
its only a lighter schedule for him... for everyone else , they will be racing pretty much every off GP weekend.


RV is just going there to kick Antonio Cairolis ass. He dosent need any extra money, on the off weekends Laughing Laughing
gsxrcr28
Posts
7419
Joined
3/5/2009
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
2/9/2015 5:30pm
PressPassP wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/02/09/79776/s1200_IMG_20150203_103652.jpg[/img] Long season,but some might need some serious therapy if he isn't done


Long season,but some might need some serious therapy if he isn't done

That is a very cool picture! I still think RV will win though, most of the races anyway. Smile
tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
2/9/2015 5:34pm
Every store in america must have run out of that stuff after your guys got schooled at the des nations the last 3 years....
I would like to see an "SX of Nations"

There are videos of Herlings floating around on a supercross track looking pretty spectacular.
PressPassP
Posts
3329
Joined
3/3/2010
Location
Ipswich, GB
2/9/2015 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 8:30pm
RV smokes the AMA so it won't prove anything about the 2 series if he wins here,Dungey's not looked too good the last 3 times the US lost the MXdN.He'd be up there if he were to take on the series I'm sure.

There's nothing in the 2 series,the top 3 MX2 guys were out in Kegums but the rest were on par with Martin even before he hurt his foot,but he'd be right upfront in an MX2 series by not following a series doesn't make it inferior,although some will have it that way,outdoors I say both series are on par

RV is the best of the best coming to compete,he's had plenty of time to get things together,a house near the sand,his team,set up,even a team mate to train with,it'll be a shock if he doesn't win much,apart from the pos Qatar and Thailand tracks,I.m looking to the more traditional tracks in Europe for the best showdowns
2/9/2015 10:00pm
Yes,we know.Tell us something new please.
Robgvx
Posts
4102
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
GB
2/9/2015 11:09pm
Lotta posts worth saving in this thread.
philG
Posts
11206
Joined
5/12/2012
Location
GB
2/10/2015 12:07am
Robgvx wrote:
Lotta posts worth saving in this thread.
Yes .. although I have to say , when I had my AMA pro license, I instantly became 5 seconds a lap faster... maybe if I had got the passport as well it would have been 10.
mulletman
Posts
150
Joined
2/9/2013
Location
USA
2/10/2015 12:14am
Robgvx wrote:
Lotta posts worth saving in this thread.
LOL it's gonna be awesome when RV loses the title, but destroys everyone on the sand tracks. That should make the largest percentage of posters eat crow.

Either way I'm so dang excited for this season to start I'm about to lose my mind!
philG
Posts
11206
Joined
5/12/2012
Location
GB
2/10/2015 1:08am
Robgvx wrote:
Lotta posts worth saving in this thread.
mulletman wrote:
LOL it's gonna be awesome when RV loses the title, but destroys everyone on the sand tracks. That should make the largest percentage of posters eat...
LOL it's gonna be awesome when RV loses the title, but destroys everyone on the sand tracks. That should make the largest percentage of posters eat crow.

Either way I'm so dang excited for this season to start I'm about to lose my mind!
That would be funny.. it would melt the internets..

And my mind is lost already .
2/10/2015 1:25am
PressPassP wrote:
RV smokes the AMA so it won't prove anything about the 2 series if he wins here,Dungey's not looked too good the last 3 times the...
RV smokes the AMA so it won't prove anything about the 2 series if he wins here,Dungey's not looked too good the last 3 times the US lost the MXdN.He'd be up there if he were to take on the series I'm sure.

There's nothing in the 2 series,the top 3 MX2 guys were out in Kegums but the rest were on par with Martin even before he hurt his foot,but he'd be right upfront in an MX2 series by not following a series doesn't make it inferior,although some will have it that way,outdoors I say both series are on par

RV is the best of the best coming to compete,he's had plenty of time to get things together,a house near the sand,his team,set up,even a team mate to train with,it'll be a shock if he doesn't win much,apart from the pos Qatar and Thailand tracks,I.m looking to the more traditional tracks in Europe for the best showdowns
i think rv will do really well on the POS flyaway tracks like quatar and Thailand. Like you say the championship starts properly when they get to the traditional European tracks.

still find it hard to believe that anyone would really think its going to be a walk in the park for RV. You would think the nations results over the last 3 years would have been enough to convince the muuuuuurcans that these gp riders are pretty good!

Biggest shame for me in this whole saga- herlings not being in mx1 (although we should see him at the later rounds) - and the lack of sand tracks this year. For me that will be the most intriguing part of the whole deal. How will RV do in the sand? Obviously lommel is still on the schedule, valkenswaard too (which isn't particularly deep sand) - such a great shame that lierop isn't on the schedule this year, of hyyvinka

if the championship is close, does rv let the sand specialists go? and ride for points, or does he try to take them on at their own game? personally I think he will do ok in the sand, but not be on the same level as cairoli. Like I say, the fact there is only one or two gps in the sand this year, will go in his favour.

I think the biggest shock for our friends across the pond, will be the other guys that will beat rv (ie not just cairoli) - nagl, desalle, strijbos, paulin will all win several motos this year- and there are another 10 riders in there that could all win on any given sunday....

its going to be a fantastic season, hopefully RV will enjoy it that much, that he decides to extend the contract for one more season!!!
jamma10
Posts
10573
Joined
8/24/2008
Location
Bristol, GB
2/10/2015 2:06am
Qatar is a freeway but the Thailand track is new for 2015, so we dont know what that will be like yet. Same with Argentina.

And supposedly this new circuit at Assen will be a sandtrack no? Im only expecting Lommel to give RV concern though, he should be OK at Valkenswaard I would think.

'its going to be a fantastic season, hopefully RV will enjoy it that much, that he decides to extend the contract for one more season!!!'

Same, we can only hope... Smile
2/10/2015 2:33am
jamma10 wrote:
Qatar is a freeway but the Thailand track is new for 2015, so we dont know what that will be like yet. Same with Argentina. And...
Qatar is a freeway but the Thailand track is new for 2015, so we dont know what that will be like yet. Same with Argentina.

And supposedly this new circuit at Assen will be a sandtrack no? Im only expecting Lommel to give RV concern though, he should be OK at Valkenswaard I would think.

'its going to be a fantastic season, hopefully RV will enjoy it that much, that he decides to extend the contract for one more season!!!'

Same, we can only hope... Smile
im assuming the worst about Thailand and argentina- expecting similar man made rubbish to quatar (thinking rv will be super fast on this type of track)

agree with you 100% about valkenswaard- yes, its In Holland and its fairly sandy, but its certainly not the bottomless sand of lierop or lommel. Its actually quite hard underneath. I think RV will go really well there too!

Not sure what to expect at assen? obviously it will be sandy- will it be similar to zolder? we all know what rc did to everts at zolder. With it being a man made new track its more likely to be supercrossy than your traditional lierop type circuit, so probably not be the worst track for RV either!!!


lierop should be on the calendar- its my favourite gp. Amazing to watch the top guys float round there. Lommel is deep sand but doesn't have the same character and atmosphere as lierop. Such a shame rv wont get to experience the Benelux gp there!!
Jefro98
Posts
2472
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
6712, NL
2/10/2015 3:21am
jamma10 wrote:
Qatar is a freeway but the Thailand track is new for 2015, so we dont know what that will be like yet. Same with Argentina. And...
Qatar is a freeway but the Thailand track is new for 2015, so we dont know what that will be like yet. Same with Argentina.

And supposedly this new circuit at Assen will be a sandtrack no? Im only expecting Lommel to give RV concern though, he should be OK at Valkenswaard I would think.

'its going to be a fantastic season, hopefully RV will enjoy it that much, that he decides to extend the contract for one more season!!!'

Same, we can only hope... Smile
If they bring in Dutch dirt to build the track in Assen, which seems most likely, it will be sand.
There is not other type of dirt around here, just sand and deep sand.

2/10/2015 3:26am
Robgvx wrote:
Lotta posts worth saving in this thread.
philG wrote:
Yes .. although I have to say , when I had my AMA pro license, I instantly became 5 seconds a lap faster... maybe if I...
Yes .. although I have to say , when I had my AMA pro license, I instantly became 5 seconds a lap faster... maybe if I had got the passport as well it would have been 10.
its a bit like when people go on vital mx- their IQ automatically drops to 50% less, some people don't have sufficient brain matter for the plummeting IQ Smile
Jefro98
Posts
2472
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
6712, NL
2/10/2015 3:26am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 3:27am
im assuming the worst about Thailand and argentina- expecting similar man made rubbish to quatar (thinking rv will be super fast on this type of track)...
im assuming the worst about Thailand and argentina- expecting similar man made rubbish to quatar (thinking rv will be super fast on this type of track)

agree with you 100% about valkenswaard- yes, its In Holland and its fairly sandy, but its certainly not the bottomless sand of lierop or lommel. Its actually quite hard underneath. I think RV will go really well there too!

Not sure what to expect at assen? obviously it will be sandy- will it be similar to zolder? we all know what rc did to everts at zolder. With it being a man made new track its more likely to be supercrossy than your traditional lierop type circuit, so probably not be the worst track for RV either!!!


lierop should be on the calendar- its my favourite gp. Amazing to watch the top guys float round there. Lommel is deep sand but doesn't have the same character and atmosphere as lierop. Such a shame rv wont get to experience the Benelux gp there!!
Never understand why people are so in love with Lierop...
Sure it's a brutal track and awesome to watch these guys go so fast on it but not much fun to watch as a track itself.
It's a bunch of straights with a few 90 degree corners in it, you see them pass and wait for 2 minutes again.

Must be I'm from Holland, been there a lot and know lots of tracks here which are a better spectator viewing experience.
Laughing Laughing
RY4N37
Posts
1551
Joined
9/3/2013
Location
Leics, GB
2/10/2015 3:30am
I saw a picture of the Thailand track and it looks like it will really suit Villopoto. I don't think Qatar is as much of a motorway as people make out. It's really horrible and slick and gets some pretty horrible square edged bumps. If what Kongols said about the GP of Latvia is true then they'll probably be looking for a replacement for that. Maybe Lierop or Hyvinkaa. I agree that Lierop should definitely be on the calendar, been to the last 2 GP's there and it's an incredible place. I think possibly even more brutal than Lommel
RY4N37
Posts
1551
Joined
9/3/2013
Location
Leics, GB
2/10/2015 3:34am
Jefro98 wrote:
Never understand why people are so in love with Lierop... Sure it's a brutal track and awesome to watch these guys go so fast on it...
Never understand why people are so in love with Lierop...
Sure it's a brutal track and awesome to watch these guys go so fast on it but not much fun to watch as a track itself.
It's a bunch of straights with a few 90 degree corners in it, you see them pass and wait for 2 minutes again.

Must be I'm from Holland, been there a lot and know lots of tracks here which are a better spectator viewing experience.
Laughing Laughing
I quite like that about Lierop though. If you go to a track like Matterley where you can see the whole track, you end up watching the first 3 guys all the way around the track. At Lierop you get to watch every guy over 100m of track, you get to see the different styles of all the riders and you can really see how good the top sand riders are. Plus i like the fact you can walk all the way around the track whilst the moto is going on
jamma10
Posts
10573
Joined
8/24/2008
Location
Bristol, GB
2/10/2015 3:53am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 3:54am
I love Leirop too but I read that they've had complaints about the noise, which is why they're not having a GP this year!?

I'd choose Leirop over Matterly Basin every time. Matterly doesn't really offer much in the way of a challenge.
Jefro98
Posts
2472
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
6712, NL
2/10/2015 4:14am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 4:17am
RY4N37 wrote:
I quite like that about Lierop though. If you go to a track like Matterley where you can see the whole track, you end up watching...
I quite like that about Lierop though. If you go to a track like Matterley where you can see the whole track, you end up watching the first 3 guys all the way around the track. At Lierop you get to watch every guy over 100m of track, you get to see the different styles of all the riders and you can really see how good the top sand riders are. Plus i like the fact you can walk all the way around the track whilst the moto is going on
Funny how people like different things because it's not what they are used to. Laughing
I like Matterley more for the exact same reason you gave, you can see 90% of the track.
That is very rare in Holland because most tracks are in a forrest.

Maybe me being a photographer at the races makes me think different about a track too.
2/10/2015 4:22am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 4:23am
im assuming the worst about Thailand and argentina- expecting similar man made rubbish to quatar (thinking rv will be super fast on this type of track)...
im assuming the worst about Thailand and argentina- expecting similar man made rubbish to quatar (thinking rv will be super fast on this type of track)

agree with you 100% about valkenswaard- yes, its In Holland and its fairly sandy, but its certainly not the bottomless sand of lierop or lommel. Its actually quite hard underneath. I think RV will go really well there too!

Not sure what to expect at assen? obviously it will be sandy- will it be similar to zolder? we all know what rc did to everts at zolder. With it being a man made new track its more likely to be supercrossy than your traditional lierop type circuit, so probably not be the worst track for RV either!!!


lierop should be on the calendar- its my favourite gp. Amazing to watch the top guys float round there. Lommel is deep sand but doesn't have the same character and atmosphere as lierop. Such a shame rv wont get to experience the Benelux gp there!!
Jefro98 wrote:
Never understand why people are so in love with Lierop... Sure it's a brutal track and awesome to watch these guys go so fast on it...
Never understand why people are so in love with Lierop...
Sure it's a brutal track and awesome to watch these guys go so fast on it but not much fun to watch as a track itself.
It's a bunch of straights with a few 90 degree corners in it, you see them pass and wait for 2 minutes again.

Must be I'm from Holland, been there a lot and know lots of tracks here which are a better spectator viewing experience.
Laughing Laughing
I think its just the brutality of the track, and how close you can get to the action. Admittedly you can't see very much of the track- but we usually just move around the track through the day. I love to ride there too,

we ride in Holland a lot- always look forward to going to lierop!

it blows my mind watching herlings/ cairoli ride around that track when its rough!! amazing to watch, would have loved to see RV race there
2/10/2015 4:25am
jamma10 wrote:
I love Leirop too but I read that they've had complaints about the noise, which is why they're not having a GP this year!? I'd choose...
I love Leirop too but I read that they've had complaints about the noise, which is why they're not having a GP this year!?

I'd choose Leirop over Matterly Basin every time. Matterly doesn't really offer much in the way of a challenge.
hawkstone park is similar too (from a spectator point of view) I would much rather see a gp at hawkstone or lierop. Its more challenging for the riders, matterly is spectacular because its full of huge jumps, but not really my idea of a good motocross track. From a spectator point of view, yes you can see most of the track from any one point. But is it really a big deal to move around between races and watch from a different place every lap?!
RY4N37
Posts
1551
Joined
9/3/2013
Location
Leics, GB
2/10/2015 5:42am
Jefro98 wrote:
Funny how people like different things because it's not what they are used to. :laugh: I like Matterley more for the exact same reason you gave...
Funny how people like different things because it's not what they are used to. Laughing
I like Matterley more for the exact same reason you gave, you can see 90% of the track.
That is very rare in Holland because most tracks are in a forrest.

Maybe me being a photographer at the races makes me think different about a track too.
Don't get me wrong I like Matterley, and it's good that you can see all the way around, but Lierop is good because it's different. I don't really think that Matterley feels as special as Lierop or maybe Hawkstone does. Unfortunately I've never been able to experience a GP at Hawkstone. Maybe one day
ATKpilot99
Posts
10502
Joined
4/13/2010
Location
Lake Geneva, WI, USA
2/10/2015 6:28am
Why did they stop doing GPs at Hawkstone ?
2/10/2015 6:33am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Why did they stop doing GPs at Hawkstone ?
Think its to do with the lack of infrastructure. Ie no hardstanding pit area, only small roads to get to it etc. Stupid really its the best track weve got now matchams is shut

Post a reply to: ITA RND 2..is RV2 in or not??

The Latest