Dave Castillo and Regis Harrington on the Whiskey Throttle Show

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2021 11:22 AM

https://m.youtube.com/

Great time chatting with these two. Their careers in Moto were very unique, and set both of them up for successful careers in the stunt world.
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/27/2021 11:24 AM

Tramp stamp pic?

|

2/27/2021 12:17 PM

Was so much fun and a ton of laughs!

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

2/27/2021 2:11 PM

Dono in that first pic. I'm excited to give this a listen.

|

2/27/2021 4:32 PM

What a great story. Cheers guys.

Sidenote - Regis raced a supercross in New Zealand back in the late 90s - im sure you were there too ping. I bet that was a good time.... As a young person at the time - I couldn't believe the size of the jumps.

|

2/27/2021 4:56 PM

Super entertaining. Great job

|

2/27/2021 8:35 PM

That was another great show, I had it on in the background whilst painting the lounge room.

|

2/27/2021 8:36 PM

crowe660 wrote:

Tramp stamp pic?

Funny story, even my non moto wife had a laugh.

|

2/27/2021 10:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2021 10:47 PM

motokiwi wrote:

Sidenote - Regis raced a supercross in New Zealand back in the late 90s - im sure you were ...more

It was 2000 at mystery creek Hamilton , and Regis rode my bike and I was his mechanic , Shane king organised a few of the team KTM guys down , Kelly smith , Keith Johnson and jt money rode as well , landing on both Shane and Darryll king when they stopped on a triple after the finish line

|

2/28/2021 8:33 AM

Great show Ping!

Especially liked their stories each of how they transitioned from moto to stunt work in the film industry.

I gotta say that the flow and ease of listening to the Whiskey Throttle Show has hit the power band and is ripping lately, well done!

|

2/28/2021 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2021 4:23 PM

motokiwi wrote:

Sidenote - Regis raced a supercross in New Zealand back in the late 90s - im sure you were ...more

scott_nz wrote:

It was 2000 at mystery creek Hamilton , and Regis rode my bike and I was his mechanic , Shane king organised a few of the team ...more

This trip, was the single best race trip I ever went on. Two and a half weeks in NZ two weekends at Mystery Creek. Toured the country in between and did everything from Bungee Jumping, Off-Roading, Concrete Luging, Zorbing.... we did it all and I still dont know how my liver ever recovered from the after parties. 😂😂😂

|

2/28/2021 7:03 PM

motokiwi wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

It was 2000 at mystery creek Hamilton , and Regis rode my bike and I was his mechanic , Shane king organised a few of the team ...more

Regis wrote:

This trip, was the single best race trip I ever went on. Two and a half weeks in NZ two weekends at Mystery Creek. Toured the ...more

Great show. Just finishing it up.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

2/28/2021 8:06 PM

Great show again Ping. Those guys really made you appreciate how fun, how tough, and how dangerous moto can be.

I was thinking the other day that I can’t remember ever hearing a podcast with Josh Grant. I think his story would be very interesting, he was around a long time, had interesting team mates, interesting rivalries, and an interesting family history.

And of course, like many, I’m waiting on a Hannah pod too. Keep up the great work both in moto and your public service. Make moto great again!

|

3/1/2021 4:53 AM

Dave's dad sounds like he may be a great interview?

|

3/1/2021 8:10 AM

awesome show, now if regis would post that tramp stamp on here it would give him more street cred

|

kcco

3/1/2021 9:42 AM

That was a good listen.

One question. How did Harrington come to be known as "Regis"? Admittedly, I may have missed that snippet somewhere in the 4+ hours, and I'm currently only at 3:36...

|

3/1/2021 1:28 PM

Hman144 wrote:

That was a good listen.

One question. How did Harrington come to be known as "Regis"? Admittedly, I may have missed that ...more

His real name is Regis Andrew Harrington the third.

|

3/1/2021 4:44 PM

Does Dave go into why Castillo Ranch is no longer open to the public? I was dying to ride there sad

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

3/2/2021 5:39 AM

Was a great show. I was laughing out loud more than a few times, especially the Woody Harrelson part.

|

3/2/2021 8:36 PM

Good stuff David! I just smashed through all 4 of the 2021 episodes in a row and I am really digging the different vibe with a different group of people coming through. Not that I had any dislike for GL, but I thought it was really cool to have Buddy in with Ramsey and K-dub in with Deegan since they know those guys so well. Really adds to the content.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/3/2021 4:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2021 4:13 AM

I could listen to those movie industry stories all day. That stuff is fascinating. Growing up on Hal Needham movies, it was always a dream to do that for a living. Tough way to live. I’d be lying if I didn’t say when Reg was talking about his new business, that I’d give my left nut to ride a e-bike with a camera pointed at Salma Hayek’s tits doing a walk and talk all day as a job.

|

3/3/2021 5:16 AM

One of my favorite shows, to date...

|

3/4/2021 4:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ping.

By the way, knowing your sarcastic nature, I'm not sure whether I believe you......

That name sounds remarkably fictitious like Thurston Howell the 3rd or Carlton Banks.

|

3/4/2021 5:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2021 5:31 AM

Come on Regis, inquiring minds want to know....who's the hottest actress you've ever worked with?

Btw, Ping...I can't believe you didn't ask this question of Regis during the show? You're slackin!! smile

|

3/4/2021 7:49 AM

Dave Castillo sounds so much like Norm Macdonald it makes the show 10 times better

|

3/4/2021 7:54 AM

Tough Summer

|

3/4/2021 8:15 AM

Great show, might be my favorite so far.
Sounds like Regis hit the Gold Mine with his company he created.

Castillo is great too!

|

3/4/2021 9:49 AM

I'm halfway through and it's a good listen so far. Cool to see others enjoy the film industry stuff. I dabbled in it for a few years, in fact I actually did a few jobs with Castillo.

My dad worked in lighting and my older brother is in the stunt industry, so it's sort of the family biz. If i could go back in time I would have chosen that career path. Such a great industry with amazing money and benefits.

|

3/4/2021 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2021 11:50 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

Come on Regis, inquiring minds want to know....who's the hottest actress you've ever worked with?

Btw, Ping...I can't ...more

Hmmmmm. That’s a tough one.

The hottest woman that I “doubled” in a movie was Monet Mazure, in the movie Torque. tongue that was a while ago. No kore of that now, too many lbs on me.

As far as the hottest one I worked with? I worked with Gal Gadot in Keeping Up With the Jones’.

Mila Kunis in Ted.

|

3/4/2021 11:49 AM

Hman144 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Ping.

By the way, knowing your sarcastic nature, I'm not sure whether I believe you......

That name ...more

Ha!

Yes, every time I say my full name everyone thinks I’m kidding.

Regis Andrew Harrington III

|