Can James...

Big Lenny
Posts
14378
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Compton, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 8:58pm
Make up 50pts?..there's a lot of racing left..
|
Ing
Posts
3654
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
1/16/2016 5:31pm
No
Starcrossed
Posts
3160
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
New Bedford, MA, USA
1/16/2016 5:33pm
Assuming he's ready to go, 100%, next week...it's possible, but not likely.
1/16/2016 5:33pm
No
I think his best days are behind hm. I'm sure he's going to win a race or two, but he's not going to be in any type of points chase, at least this year....
stoop
Posts
2394
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Suva, FJ
Fantasy
1/16/2016 5:35pm
no chance

The Shop

moto455va
Posts
611
Joined
9/16/2015
Location
Smithfield, VA, USA
1/16/2016 5:35pm
Im gonna say no
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
1/16/2016 5:36pm
If dungey wasn't in the series, I'd say it was a long shot but still possible. But with dungey in the mix, I don't see him giving up that kind of a gap
Whitey
Posts
2384
Joined
2/15/2008
Location
Perth, AU
1/16/2016 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 5:42pm
Sorry Lenny, James' ability to run off 5-6 wins in a row are long gone, which you would think he would need to do to make up a big points gap.

I would just be happy for him to make 5-6 events in a row at the moment.
Old-Man
Posts
8019
Joined
10/21/2011
Location
Colorado springs, CO, USA
1/16/2016 5:40pm
Ing wrote:
No
Another no,
Suxs
agn5009
Posts
6747
Joined
6/8/2012
Location
State College, PA, USA
1/16/2016 5:43pm
Not much of a chance. Only chance he'd have is if dungey, tomac, roczen, anderson and canard all got injured and missed races. I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope he just comes back healthy and doesn't have any serious crashes for the rest of the series. Then start fresh for MX. It seems so redundant saying that every series for the past few years. I'd love to see him win another championship before he calls it quits, but I really just want to see him compete in every race of a series and stay healthy.
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
1/16/2016 5:43pm
Yes
2thefront
Posts
1072
Joined
4/10/2011
Location
Mascotte, FL, USA
1/16/2016 5:44pm
He was never gonna win the championship to begin with unless a lot of guys got hurt.
DavidR
Posts
549
Joined
6/23/2010
Location
Carrollton, TX, USA
1/16/2016 5:46pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Make up 50pts?..there's a lot of racing left..
James has finished within 50 points of the eventual champ only once (37 points down in 2011) since he last won the SX title in 2009. Given that history and this field, I'd say no.
DPR250R
Posts
2187
Joined
9/14/2006
Location
USA
1/16/2016 5:46pm
It was all part of the plan. He is just giving the other guys a chance, like letting Reed by at Unadilla.
1/16/2016 5:46pm
Can James make up 75 pts? There's still a lot of racing left.
daemon616
Posts
2025
Joined
2/19/2012
Location
Euless, TX, USA
1/16/2016 5:49pm
jimmie
Posts
2263
Joined
8/21/2008
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
1/16/2016 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 5:59pm
Isn't he down 24 points at the moment?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
EDIT...49 points. DAMN!!!!!!!
FARANG
Posts
861
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
1/16/2016 5:56pm
Even with a 50 point head start I wouldn't bet on him. No way he's pulling back 50 points on the current field.
Trav138
Posts
1478
Joined
3/8/2012
Location
USA
1/16/2016 5:56pm
jimmie wrote:
Isn't he down 24 points at the moment?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
EDIT...49 points. DAMN!!!!!!!
not racing tonight
newmann
Posts
24437
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
1/16/2016 6:01pm
I don't care. Just having him out on the track putting in a solid ride adds something to the show that no one else can. Kind of like Windham, I don't think anyone was really expecting him to be up for the championship but he was always capable of being up front and was a fan favorite.
mark_swart
Posts
2527
Joined
11/2/2011
Location
Chapin, SC, USA
1/16/2016 6:02pm
Sure he can. And there's a big fat man in red that somehow slides down the chimney of my chimney-less house early in the morning of Dec. 25 every year.

I'm sorry. No, no he can't. Not unless 3-4 guys have some series-ending injuries. Don't get me wrong, I'm as bummed as anyone to see him out of this fight. But the way he was riding in practice just didn't look like James Stewart to me, so I think he made the best decision.

Aaryn234
Posts
3321
Joined
8/19/2007
Location
South Australia, SA, AU
Fantasy
1/16/2016 6:03pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Make up 50pts?..there's a lot of racing left..
NO, but it would be great to see him come back during the season and run up front and grab a win or two before the season is out.

SX is better with James out there.
DPR250R
Posts
2187
Joined
9/14/2006
Location
USA
1/16/2016 6:06pm
jimmie wrote:
Isn't he down 24 points at the moment?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
EDIT...49 points. DAMN!!!!!!!
That's assuming the 21 Husky wins tonight.
DPR250R
Posts
2187
Joined
9/14/2006
Location
USA
1/16/2016 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 6:07pm
newmann wrote:
I don't care. Just having him out on the track putting in a solid ride adds something to the show that no one else can. Kind...
I don't care. Just having him out on the track putting in a solid ride adds something to the show that no one else can. Kind of like Windham, I don't think anyone was really expecting him to be up for the championship but he was always capable of being up front and was a fan favorite.
Yup.. sucks not having him out there.
Juss
Posts
1101
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Bakersfield, CA, USA
1/16/2016 6:07pm
Whitey wrote:
Sorry Lenny, James' ability to run off 5-6 wins in a row are long gone, which you would think he would need to do to make...
Sorry Lenny, James' ability to run off 5-6 wins in a row are long gone, which you would think he would need to do to make up a big points gap.

I would just be happy for him to make 5-6 events in a row at the moment.
Why do you say that? He had 5 more wins In 2014 than RD5. I can't believe all the people swinging off Rd nuts this year.
RangerLee
Posts
946
Joined
7/23/2013
Location
Spring City, PA, USA
1/16/2016 6:09pm
Anything is possible. It is unlikely, but not impossible.

Along with JS coming back and having a massive winning streak, he needs in consistency from the other riders.
jimmie
Posts
2263
Joined
8/21/2008
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
1/16/2016 6:10pm
DPR250R wrote:
That's assuming the 21 Husky wins tonight.
I suppose it does.
motogrady
Posts
3931
Joined
1/27/2008
Location
USA
1/16/2016 6:13pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Make up 50pts?..there's a lot of racing left..


1/16/2016 6:14pm
Way more than likely the answer is no, but if for some strange reason he found his groove and racked off a string of wins, then yes, if and only if the top guys through the first two rounds had a few mediocre evenings along with some bad ones to boot.

He has to finish a race first and stay off the ground in the process, and at this point that would be a positive night for him.

I'd be happy if everyone made it through the series without injury with three riders having a shot at the championship come V town. In fact if that was the case, I really wouldn't even care that much who won it, the series with some close battles would be worth it.

Hoping Bubba is fully ready to go next week.
40Plus_922mx
Posts
2900
Joined
4/17/2009
Location
High Desert, CA, USA
1/16/2016 6:15pm
Anything is possible. But will he? No.

Post a reply to: Can James...

The Latest