Camel Smokercross

craigathan404
Posts
744
Joined
5/2/2017
Location
Oregon City, OR, USA
Edited Date/Time 11/24/2019 5:42am
Okay guys, forgive me, as this might be a DUMB question, here we go.

I bought my brother a “camel smokercross” hat, sorta as a gag gift, but also because he mentioned he liked it, so it got me thinking.

Was “Camel Smokercross” ever a real thing? I’m not old enough to remember the days of cigarette title sponsors so I have no clue. I tried google searching, but nothing came up. So I came to you folks!

So, again, is or was “camel Smokercross” a real thing?

|
redrider_714
Posts
338
Joined
10/1/2008
Location
Westville, IN, USA
12/10/2017 3:59pm
Camel did sponsor the SX series in the ‘80’s I believe. These hats were made by Fasthouse if I’m not mistaken.
Rhino
Posts
482
Joined
11/20/2017
Location
USA
12/10/2017 4:00pm
No. It's just a play on Camel Supercross, which one of my bikes has the sticker on the front plate.
1
mx295
Posts
4296
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Quartz Hill, CA, USA
12/10/2017 4:01pm
Probably says Smokercross so they wouldnt have to pay royalties for saying Supercross.
1
CarlinoJoeVideo
Posts
7517
Joined
11/30/2013
Location
Portland/Los Angeles, CA, USA
12/10/2017 4:04pm
Camel did sponsor the SX series in the ‘80’s I believe. These hats were made by Fasthouse if I’m not mistaken.
Not by Fasthouse.

Made by http://www.webiginc.com up in the NW.

The Shop

Rockinar
Posts
1063
Joined
9/16/2016
Location
Katy, TX, USA
12/10/2017 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 4:14pm


Camel was the title sponsor of Supercross in the late 80's. So it was called Camel Supercross as opposed to todays Monster Energy Supercross.

The "smokercross" is a play on words.

1
kzizok
Posts
8428
Joined
10/19/2010
Location
USA
12/10/2017 4:15pm
Two stroke=smoker

JustMX
Posts
5346
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/10/2017 4:18pm
Actually have some of the banners I am planning to list in the bazaar

5
JustMX
Posts
5346
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/10/2017 4:19pm


7
JustMX
Posts
5346
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/10/2017 4:20pm


5
JMX247
Posts
195
Joined
10/26/2014
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 4:46pm
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build.

2
Pirate421
Posts
1826
Joined
7/26/2015
Location
USA
12/10/2017 5:03pm
JMX247 wrote:
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/10/230822/s1200_IMG_1870.jpg[/img]
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build.

Post it up I’m doing an 89 as well!
12/10/2017 5:08pm
Camel was a big sponsor of dirt bike racing back in the 70s, the flat track / TT series was known as The Camel Pro Series, and as many stated, they went on to sponsor supercross.
JMX247
Posts
195
Joined
10/26/2014
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 5:16pm
JMX247 wrote:
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/10/230822/s1200_IMG_1870.jpg[/img]
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build.

Pirate421 wrote:
Post it up I’m doing an 89 as well!
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

2
Pirate421
Posts
1826
Joined
7/26/2015
Location
USA
12/10/2017 5:22pm
JMX247 wrote:
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts...
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

Wow great job I love the gold wheels!
JMX247
Posts
195
Joined
10/26/2014
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 5:32pm
JMX247 wrote:
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts...
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

Pirate421 wrote:
Wow great job I love the gold wheels!
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old bike is the best one by far.
1
JMX247
Posts
195
Joined
10/26/2014
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 5:35pm
.
Joko
Posts
1553
Joined
1/2/2011
Location
Haddam, CT, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 5:43pm
JMX247 wrote:
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts...
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

Pirate421 wrote:
Wow great job I love the gold wheels!
JMX247 wrote:
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old...
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old bike is the best one by far.
What modern bikes have you ridden?
JMX247
Posts
195
Joined
10/26/2014
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/10/2017 6:20pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Wow great job I love the gold wheels!
JMX247 wrote:
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old...
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old bike is the best one by far.
Joko wrote:
What modern bikes have you ridden?
2012 husky cr125, 2016 husky tc125, 2017 husky tc250, my dads rmz450 and test rode the 2016 yz125 and yz250f.
Flip109
Posts
3460
Joined
6/15/2007
Location
USA
12/10/2017 6:30pm
JMX247 wrote:
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old...
Thanks, this is the best bike I have ever ridden. I wasn't born till 96 but compared to all the modern bikes I rode this old bike is the best one by far.
Joko wrote:
What modern bikes have you ridden?
JMX247 wrote:
2012 husky cr125, 2016 husky tc125, 2017 husky tc250, my dads rmz450 and test rode the 2016 yz125 and yz250f.
Haha! Can’t imagine this. What’s so much better besides your woody when passing old slow guys on modern $10k 450’s?? lol
1
Jamal#440
Posts
273
Joined
12/23/2016
Location
USA
12/11/2017 9:23am
Dont ever do that again, for a split-second my eyes opened and my pulse came alive thinking there was going to be a smokers only Supercross series.
Robgvx
Posts
4102
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
GB
12/11/2017 9:30am




2
12/11/2017 9:37am
JMX247 wrote:
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/10/230822/s1200_IMG_1870.jpg[/img]
Just ordered a set for my 89 cr250 a few days ago for a bike build.

Pirate421 wrote:
Post it up I’m doing an 89 as well!
JMX247 wrote:
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts...
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

Nice!! Hopefully ill see you around so I can check that thing out! She's purdy
12/11/2017 9:40am
Always said that energy drinks will be the smoking of my generation. Kidney, liver and heart disease instead of lung disease...good times ahead.
2
1
Steve125
Posts
1415
Joined
11/24/2010
Location
USA
12/11/2017 9:47am
1989 (along with Coors) through 1994..
cmotodad
Posts
1009
Joined
12/18/2013
Location
Yorba Linda, CA, USA
12/11/2017 9:53am
Looking for some wings like the ones you have. Where's the best place to order some? Good looking dirt bike and yes, when setup are as fun as any modern bike.
bball35
Posts
326
Joined
11/20/2017
Location
Lexington, SC, USA
12/11/2017 9:56am
Always said that energy drinks will be the smoking of my generation. Kidney, liver and heart disease instead of lung disease...good times ahead.
You have to die from something.
1
disbanded
Posts
6994
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
12/11/2017 10:03am
Camel Supercross is what got me into vaping
DF313
Posts
699
Joined
6/17/2016
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
12/11/2017 11:21am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2017 11:22am
JMX247 wrote:
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts...
I will at some point, I stripped it down when I blew the motor a few years ago and was going to get some HRC parts and cerakote some other parts but a local vintage series came around so I put it back together with all its original parts. Still looks good but not factory HRC good.

Ah man, my first bike was a '89 CR250... The best thing about the bike was how soft the seat was, compared to new bikes they were like riding a Lazy Boy.
Rockinar
Posts
1063
Joined
9/16/2016
Location
Katy, TX, USA
12/11/2017 11:49am
Energy drinks taste like ass. I'd rather smoke cigarettes.
1

Post a reply to: Camel Smokercross

The Latest