CW2 tonight

FerCzD
What happened? Last week he looked awfully sick and managed a podium. Today the team recognizes he is way better and finishes out of the top 10
|
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
1/11/2020 8:08pm
The team said he has a chest infection now. I don’t think he’s better.
Gus
1/11/2020 8:09pm
On the broadcast they said he has a “chest infection”, which most likely could be pneumonia or bronchitis, either rate he ain’t got the lungs for it.
Racerman967
He has a chest infection. Worse this week than last with illness
zehn
Been way off all day, obviously struggling with his health

The Shop

WY228
Chest infection which has apparently flared back up, according to the broadcast right before gate drop.
FerCzD
1/11/2020 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 8:15pm
Missed the part when they mentioned chest infection. Watching in my phone and going back and forth from vitalmx foroum to videopass. However I did hear the female reporter mentioning the team said he was better than last week.
Harry_Gray
1/11/2020 9:15pm
He is in survival mode now; give it a few races and he'll have to buckle down. But...he's capable of making a comeback and having a chance of retaining his SX title; even in this deep of a field.
RacerX8
1/11/2020 10:40pm
Not to shit on the Baker Factory but they said that Webb and Osbourne were both sick. Marv has looked strung out in the past as has RD, RV and KR when on that program. These guys are elite athletes and pushed to the limits no doubt so why does it always seem like it’s one of those guys that is ill? I would think that Aldon has them on the most advanced and closely monitored program in the business so just makes you wonder why it’s always them that is sick/rundown/overtrained? Coming into the season healthy not only means being injury free but also not sick.
hamncheeze
1/11/2020 10:56pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Not to shit on the Baker Factory but they said that Webb and Osbourne were both sick. Marv has looked strung out in the past as...
Not to shit on the Baker Factory but they said that Webb and Osbourne were both sick. Marv has looked strung out in the past as has RD, RV and KR when on that program. These guys are elite athletes and pushed to the limits no doubt so why does it always seem like it’s one of those guys that is ill? I would think that Aldon has them on the most advanced and closely monitored program in the business so just makes you wonder why it’s always them that is sick/rundown/overtrained? Coming into the season healthy not only means being injury free but also not sick.
He runs them lean for sure. Weimer got super sick in the early part of 2013, ended up with pneumonia and missed a race or two. And remember how rough RV was a the start of outdoors in 2011. He was visibly ill, hollowed eye sockets, cold sores on his lips. When you get into calorie deficit to get lean like Aldon's guys there is always more risk of illness, as the immune system cannot remain robust in depletion.
McG194
1/11/2020 11:03pm
Gus wrote:
On the broadcast they said he has a “chest infection”, which most likely could be pneumonia or bronchitis, either rate he ain’t got the lungs for...
On the broadcast they said he has a “chest infection”, which most likely could be pneumonia or bronchitis, either rate he ain’t got the lungs for it.
For his sake I hope it's not pneumonia, if it is stick a fork in him. I had pneumonia for the first time ever last year and I wasn't normal for about 3 months.
1/11/2020 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 11:47pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Not to shit on the Baker Factory but they said that Webb and Osbourne were both sick. Marv has looked strung out in the past as...
Training at a very high level depresses your immune system. Tour De France riders have known this for decades. The fittest most dialed in cyclists often have NO IMMUNE SYSTEM at all. They try to isolate the team from interaction with outsiders for this reason. These guys catch a cold..and instantly they are very sick. Why would it be any different with MX riders?
1/12/2020 5:28am
They need to get a ribeye steak, cook it rare, then roll it around in 1 of the berms on the track, and eat that thing with some fresh out of the ground vegetables that havent been washed off atleast once a week to keep that immune system strong.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
1/12/2020 5:34am
Gus wrote:
On the broadcast they said he has a “chest infection”, which most likely could be pneumonia or bronchitis, either rate he ain’t got the lungs for...
McG194 wrote:
For his sake I hope it's not pneumonia, if it is stick a fork in him. I had pneumonia for the first time ever last year...
For his sake I hope it's not pneumonia, if it is stick a fork in him. I had pneumonia for the first time ever last year and I wasn't normal for about 3 months.
I pushed myself a lot when I had bronchitis by continuing trying to run and ride when I “felt better” and forced myself into succumbing to a chronic auto immune disease. Have to listen to your body. Wish I had.
Gus
1/12/2020 5:46am
Gus wrote:
McG194 wrote:
For his sake I hope it's not pneumonia, if it is stick a fork in him. I had pneumonia for the first time ever last year...
Yeh me too. I’m a huge Webb fan and I hated to hear he’s sick. Problem is he needs rest and well .... he ain’t gonna get that
motogrady
1/12/2020 5:51am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 6:02am
I tell u guys there's something going around.
I had it for over a month.
Donna got it from me 2 weeks in. And she was avoiding me like the plague.

First week to 10 days is bad. I sat in my van for an hour one day kinda in a daze.

She went to the doc. It's viral. Nothing they can really give u. Starts in your head. Then this really sticky snot kinda stuff just hangs in your throat. I coughed and sneezed the whole time. Then it hangs in your lungs. All I wanted to do was get under the covers and get warm and sleep.
But hey, I gotta work.

Half the town I live in has it. You can tell by the kind of sneeze and cough you get. That along with the sad drawn out look from not sleeping good from the cough.

Aspirin, vitamins(I do one a days), plenty of water, along with rest, is the only thing u can do.
And then just wait it out.
1/12/2020 5:51am
Think about this...

Webb started the season last year on a brand new bike with a brand new program, was healthy, and went 5-10 to start the season. And we all know how the championship ended.

This year he's been dealing with respiratory illness the first two rounds and went 3-12. Basically the same average finish as last year.

I think once he gets past this illness, he's gonna be a real threat. I expect to see him on the box at A2.
gt80rider
1/12/2020 7:05am
Maybe road a bit too hard last weekend .. whichever way.... Tough start to his title defense...
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
1/12/2020 9:21am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 9:24am
Hope he takes off the time during the week and takes time to get better. Try's again next week. If he can keep it in the top 5 rest of the year he's still in. But any more 10th place finishes and the championship is out the window. If that happens I hope he takes the time to get better and starts racking wins toward the end of the season to show these guys they got lucky. Hate it for him because it's something completely out of his control, really hope he gets the chance to defend this title.
kkawboy14
1/12/2020 9:23am
This flu that is going around right now is not good. A lot of people have died from it.
BAMX
1/12/2020 9:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
This flu that is going around right now is not good. A lot of people have died from it.
I feel for the guy. I'm at the end of week 2 and finally getting better.
RacerX8
1/12/2020 11:22am
RacerX8 wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
He runs them lean for sure. Weimer got super sick in the early part of 2013, ended up with pneumonia and missed a race or two...
He runs them lean for sure. Weimer got super sick in the early part of 2013, ended up with pneumonia and missed a race or two. And remember how rough RV was a the start of outdoors in 2011. He was visibly ill, hollowed eye sockets, cold sores on his lips. When you get into calorie deficit to get lean like Aldon's guys there is always more risk of illness, as the immune system cannot remain robust in depletion.
I forgot about Weimer, and there have been others, JS7 wasn’t a fan either. I get that their immune systems must be heavily taxed. Baker is compensated greatly to put the best athlete's on the track possible and that edge must be a slippery slope like tuning a bike for maximum performance. To be fair the Baker Factory has more riders on their program than any other team, it’s just common to hear that one of those riders is under the weather.

hamncheese is it you that has a cycling background? I know AB came from cycling and incorporates those ideas greatly from diet/nutrition/training into their programs.
Sully22
1/12/2020 12:25pm
Wouldn’t hit the panic button quite yet with Webb, yes he’s sick, but last year after rd 2 he had 31 points sitting in 8th, this year he’s got 32 points sitting in 7th.
kongols
1/12/2020 12:40pm
I hope he has good doctors advising him. I know few people who died ignoring and pushing through.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/12/2020 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 2:20pm
motogrady wrote:
I tell u guys there's something going around. I had it for over a month. Donna got it from me 2 weeks in. And she was...
I tell u guys there's something going around.
I had it for over a month.
Donna got it from me 2 weeks in. And she was avoiding me like the plague.

First week to 10 days is bad. I sat in my van for an hour one day kinda in a daze.

She went to the doc. It's viral. Nothing they can really give u. Starts in your head. Then this really sticky snot kinda stuff just hangs in your throat. I coughed and sneezed the whole time. Then it hangs in your lungs. All I wanted to do was get under the covers and get warm and sleep.
But hey, I gotta work.

Half the town I live in has it. You can tell by the kind of sneeze and cough you get. That along with the sad drawn out look from not sleeping good from the cough.

Aspirin, vitamins(I do one a days), plenty of water, along with rest, is the only thing u can do.
And then just wait it out.
That sounds Exactly like what I had!
And I was the first one in my household of 5 to get it and I usually have a strong immune system usually when the wife and or kids get sick I still don't when living with them but I got this one and it was bad. I tried antibiotics Doc gave me a 10 day antibiotic because of sinus infection and I still had it after that and for another 3 weeks and I went back to the Dr and they gave me some kind of steroid Than about a week after that I started to feel better. It was rough
visser62
1/12/2020 1:14pm
We've had the plague up here in Washington as well. Last week I felt like I was on the verge of death, then felt much better the next day, but it took me a week to get back to normal.
toroP
1/12/2020 1:25pm
Wow. This thread is revealing. The wife and I have been dealing with the same bug here in Ohio since Xmas. Nation wide plague. Seemed like a vicious head cold, now in the chest.
Bultaco
1/12/2020 1:31pm
RacerX8 wrote:
It is friggen winter. You should know, you live where cold is manufactured.

Between travel and being exposed to more germs than your average human, training and being mostly worn out, and winter’s ugly sick season, the fact that any of these guys are not sick is a minor miracle.
motoman617
1/12/2020 1:32pm
I got sick a few days before Christmas and was sick throughout the holidays. Still seems like I want to sleep every time I sit down. Imagine feeling like that and having to fly and deal with a race weekend like these guys do.
DonM
1/12/2020 1:58pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Just what we need...another training expert...
hamncheeze
1/12/2020 2:04pm
RacerX8 wrote:
I forgot about Weimer, and there have been others, JS7 wasn’t a fan either. I get that their immune systems must be heavily taxed. Baker is...
I forgot about Weimer, and there have been others, JS7 wasn’t a fan either. I get that their immune systems must be heavily taxed. Baker is compensated greatly to put the best athlete's on the track possible and that edge must be a slippery slope like tuning a bike for maximum performance. To be fair the Baker Factory has more riders on their program than any other team, it’s just common to hear that one of those riders is under the weather.

hamncheese is it you that has a cycling background? I know AB came from cycling and incorporates those ideas greatly from diet/nutrition/training into their programs.
Yes, post-moto I spend a good 20 years of bike racing at the elite (but not pro) level. When you push your body to get lean, there is a big cost in terms of immuno-suppression. I raced moto at about 180 lbs, as a bicycle racer I was 165-168 lbs when I was in form. I would occasionally drop down close to 160 if I was trying to ride well at a race with a lot of extended long climbs, but almost every time I dipped close to 160 lbs I would be OK for a bit and then get sick. At the 165-168 level I was pretty robust. If you look at the World Tour pros now the biggest difference as the sport has gotten "cleaner" is that the riders are all freakin' skinny now. Power to weight wins in cycling, and if we are not increasing power with drugs then the only way to get that ratio higher is to drop weight.

I think Aldon's cycling background probably biases him a bit towards wanting his riders to be lean. It's hard to argue with the success, but at the same time I don't think it's an absolute requirement to get down close to skeletal like a cyclist to be a top SX rider. Look at Chad in his best years, he's fit but he's not crazy skinny. I mean Aldon took a skinny Marvin and somehow made him even more skinny!

Post a reply to: CW2 tonight

The Latest