Are Roger and Ian kicking themselves? - Webb Related

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2021 9:04 AM

Webb obviously didn't like the bike and finally got his way the last few rounds outdoors to modify the bike. He backed up his mouth with some solid results late in the season. Webb has always been a temperamental rider. If he doesn't like the bike, he isn't just going to push the limits which is how it should be IMO. I don't think he would have won the title but I do think he would have had SX like results where he gets solid starts and makes life hell trying to get around him. Would have loved to see him have full autonomy over the bike from the start of the season.

|

9/13/2021 9:15 AM

Where do you get this inside info, that this was conflict within the team and not the team searching together?

|

9/13/2021 9:42 AM

toroP wrote:

Where do you get this inside info, that this was conflict within the team and not the team searching together?

Fair question. And definitely an assumption on my part. Just reading between the lines. Webb mentioned he thought Roger and/or Ian were going to kill him for wanting to do what he did to the bike. Maybe they were all in agreement that the frame needed to be modified? That's just what I interpreted Webb's comment to mean.

|

9/13/2021 9:50 AM

it sounds like Webb did what the factory Yamaha riders were afraid to do before Star took over. Make the bike work for him. kudos to him and his wrench..

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

9/13/2021 10:04 AM

Did Webb get better? Or did half the field get injured...

|

9/13/2021 10:07 AM

Photo
|

9/13/2021 10:11 AM

I think a lot of it was SX fatigue. He worked so hard for the title, that it may have put him in a slump. It seems like that happened to Tomac also.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

9/13/2021 10:12 AM

He started riding better but I think this is more the equivalent of when a football team or football player puts up stats during garbage time.

Riders out injured, riders riding injured, riders mailing it in just trying to finish year out.

I give him credit for finishing strong and really he battled all year. He's one of my favorite riders.

|

9/13/2021 10:15 AM

toroP wrote:

They didn’t have any real test time outdoors so the team made them run the GP setup, Webb and Marv didn’t like it. Webb finally told him the setup was shit and it pissed off Roger, but Webb got his way.

|

9/13/2021 10:17 AM

toroP wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

They didn’t have any real test time outdoors so the team made them run the GP setup, Webb and Marv didn’t like it. Webb ...more

You know this, how?

|

9/13/2021 10:29 AM

toroP wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

They didn’t have any real test time outdoors so the team made them run the GP setup, Webb and Marv didn’t like it. Webb ...more

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

He knows a guy.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/13/2021 10:32 AM

toroP wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

He hangs out with Aldon during the week w00t laughing

|

9/13/2021 10:38 AM

scootch wrote:

Both. Not a Webb fan, but theres no denying his lap times and time behind leader shrunk big time after the change.

|

9/13/2021 10:40 AM

Johnny Hopper is that you?

|

9/13/2021 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2021 10:47 AM

Does KTM not keep notes regarding settings from previous years? Why would they try GP settings without testing, instead of just picking up where they left off last year (or '19 in Webb's case) with the US bike?

|

9/13/2021 11:08 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

Webb obviously didn't like the bike and finally got his way the last few rounds outdoors to modify the bike. He backed up his ...more

Webb sucks outdoors on the 450: he should be able to ride around the bike.

He has had 6 race podiums on the 450; 4 of them this year in the most depleted late season I can remember.

|

9/13/2021 11:11 AM

scootch wrote:

Haha !! The fast riders…Plessinger, AC, Barcia, Sexton, we’re all out. Does anyone really think Paul would have been on the podium if those dudes were racing 100%? The last Moto Tomac had a jacked thumb and wasn’t 100% and still beat Paul.

|

9/13/2021 11:30 AM

scootch wrote:

davis224 wrote:

Both. Not a Webb fan, but theres no denying his lap times and time behind leader shrunk big time after the change.

Of course his lap times got better, he was no longer getting hounded by 7-8 guys passing him and then roosting him after the pass.

This happens every year. People are surprised when a privateer starts getting good finishes late in the year when Factory guys are injured and in no rush to get back on the bike this season.

First National of the year:

Photo

Last National of the year:

Photo

|

9/13/2021 11:36 AM

toroP wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

Roger must have banged his chic or something. He takes every thread DeCoster is mentioned to bash him lol.

|

9/13/2021 11:39 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

SCC wrote:

Roger must have banged his chic or something. He takes every thread DeCoster is mentioned to bash him lol.

Or maybe this guy is just full of shite?

|

9/13/2021 11:47 AM

Its definitely interesting if they used the gp setup, when they have a great test rider in Morais.

|

9/13/2021 11:47 AM

Paul is the type that only wants to ride on the premier team... that used to be ktm, now it is star yamaha.... expect lots of upcoming bike complaints

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/13/2021 11:53 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

yak651 wrote:

He hangs out with Aldon during the week w00t laughing

Funny!

|

9/13/2021 12:02 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Does KTM not keep notes regarding settings from previous years? Why would they try GP settings without testing, instead of ...more

He did Gp setup then supposedly made them cut a frame brace off

|

9/13/2021 12:07 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Paul is the type that only wants to ride on the premier team... that used to be ktm, now it is star yamaha.... expect lots of ...more

Dylan would have won on a Suzuki this year. Ellisa had nothing for him.

|

9/13/2021 12:09 PM

scootch wrote:

davis224 wrote:

I’m surprised people can’t see this

|

9/13/2021 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2021 12:18 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Does KTM not keep notes regarding settings from previous years? Why would they try GP settings without testing, instead of ...more

STLSharky wrote:

He did Gp setup then supposedly made them cut a frame brace off

Was the front brace actually from the GP setup though? Herling's bike doesn't have the front brace near the header on it in recent photos that I can see AC and Prado don't appear to have it either.

|

9/13/2021 12:17 PM

Maybe the GP bikes are being used to develop the next generation frame and chassis, so that’s why the set up info works better for them than it does on the AMA approved production based stuff. Doesn’t the AMA have more restrictive rules in this regard, or am I way out in left field thinking this?

|

9/13/2021 12:18 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Paul is the type that only wants to ride on the premier team... that used to be ktm, now it is star yamaha.... expect lots of ...more

SCC wrote:

Dylan would have won on a Suzuki this year. Ellisa had nothing for him.

Except #14 didn't. Why not? Obviously a top contender wouldn't sign to ride a Suzuki with a team on limited resources.

|

9/13/2021 12:19 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

You know this, how?

TeamGreen wrote:

He knows a guy.

I got a guy that lives next door to a guy that mows Webb's uncle's rental property. I hear stuff through the grapevine.

|