Australians have better Moto Trailers

Edited Date/Time 3/23/2020 9:09pm
Change my mind....




12
8
|
cbarber
Posts
240
Joined
6/6/2014
Location
Atwater, MN, USA
3/21/2020 7:19am
The 4 foot ceiling height ruins it. Change my mind...
32
skypig
Posts
1006
Joined
8/1/2009
Location
Caloundra, AU
3/21/2020 7:40am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2020 7:09pm
Aluminum Chassis. Electric brakes. Favorite feature- the aluminum mesh lining for tying stuff to.



Edit - the whole roof tilts up on struts. Only an issue if it rains. (Cold/Rain are in short supply in Aus)

Except at the “Big Chill” annual race meet.
2
dkurtd
Posts
1144
Joined
4/15/2018
Location
USA
3/21/2020 10:35am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2020 10:37am
Great trailer if you're vertically challenged. And don't try to convince me an opening/tilting roof is the way to go. I like to be able to walk in my trailer on a cold, rainy day to warm up and get out of the rain without having to wear a helmet.
9
Falcon
Posts
12606
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
3/21/2020 10:49am
The ceiling height would also be a problem for me. Otherwise, it's killer!
3

The Shop

3/21/2020 11:21am
dkurtd wrote:
Great trailer if you're vertically challenged. And don't try to convince me an opening/tilting roof is the way to go. I like to be able to...
Great trailer if you're vertically challenged. And don't try to convince me an opening/tilting roof is the way to go. I like to be able to walk in my trailer on a cold, rainy day to warm up and get out of the rain without having to wear a helmet.
That’s a good point.
1
CivBars
Posts
1472
Joined
4/13/2019
Location
USA
3/21/2020 11:53am
That is awesome but,

30
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
3/21/2020 12:08pm
The Aussies also make the best off-road travel trailers ( Caravans ) on the planet as well. There are like 3 - 4 companies over there that produce the most badass trailers on the planet....bar none!
3
wicksy85
Posts
604
Joined
1/5/2011
Location
Mackay, QLD, AU
3/21/2020 1:29pm
Us aussies don't have monster lifted trucks either haha.

They are perfect for our cars especially for aerodynamics.
8
3/21/2020 1:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The Aussies also make the best off-road travel trailers ( Caravans ) on the planet as well. There are like 3 - 4 companies over there...
The Aussies also make the best off-road travel trailers ( Caravans ) on the planet as well. There are like 3 - 4 companies over there that produce the most badass trailers on the planet....bar none!
My old neighbour had one built buy a shipright who’d moved to building off-road campers. The benches and tables were carbon fiber, had marine grade stainless fittings throughout. For creek, river crossings it floated and had a boat-shape bow to track straight. amazing detail.
3
devotid
Posts
834
Joined
12/16/2018
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA
3/21/2020 1:37pm
But were do I go hide and pout after I get lapped?

Im 6'3" and could barely kneel in there. Why not just make it normal height? Is it just to be different? Its not because of aero.
wicksy85
Posts
604
Joined
1/5/2011
Location
Mackay, QLD, AU
3/21/2020 2:08pm
devotid wrote:
But were do I go hide and pout after I get lapped? Im 6'3" and could barely kneel in there. Why not just make it normal...
But were do I go hide and pout after I get lapped?

Im 6'3" and could barely kneel in there. Why not just make it normal height? Is it just to be different? Its not because of aero.
You'll find its mainly for Aero over here, most people tow them behind sedans, utes or dual cabs. You have a 7ft high trailer your going to be sucking through the fuel with the drag.
This is our trailer. Its fairly old and heavy as fuck but does that job.
3
3/21/2020 2:39pm
Make it with a pop up version for the roof to extend upwards to 7-8 feet and I'm sold.
3
cable
Posts
1263
Joined
6/11/2008
Location
Rockford, MI, USA
3/21/2020 3:16pm
Make it with a pop up version for the roof to extend upwards to 7-8 feet and I'm sold.
great idea
NATEP231
Posts
591
Joined
4/20/2012
Location
Waterloo, IA, USA
3/21/2020 3:27pm
You mean to tell me this is over kill for a few PW50s?
17
devotid
Posts
834
Joined
12/16/2018
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA
3/21/2020 3:33pm
devotid wrote:
But were do I go hide and pout after I get lapped? Im 6'3" and could barely kneel in there. Why not just make it normal...
But were do I go hide and pout after I get lapped?

Im 6'3" and could barely kneel in there. Why not just make it normal height? Is it just to be different? Its not because of aero.
wicksy85 wrote:
You'll find its mainly for Aero over here, most people tow them behind sedans, utes or dual cabs. You have a 7ft high trailer your going...
You'll find its mainly for Aero over here, most people tow them behind sedans, utes or dual cabs. You have a 7ft high trailer your going to be sucking through the fuel with the drag.
This is our trailer. Its fairly old and heavy as fuck but does that job.
If they really cared about fuel economy it wouldnt have 2" thick sides, Aluminum Diamond Brite, 20 Inch Wheels or a 100k Generator in the thing. Wink

A simple fairing would direct wind over a proper sized trailer and also get you mostly the same results in MPG.

I dont know why I am even arguing this.... The trailer is slamming but I just dont get the height. hah

2
2
Helda3
Posts
85
Joined
2/20/2020
Location
AU
3/21/2020 4:12pm
Untill you see the price....
1
philG
Posts
11222
Joined
5/12/2012
Location
GB
3/21/2020 4:14pm
dkurtd wrote:
Great trailer if you're vertically challenged. And don't try to convince me an opening/tilting roof is the way to go. I like to be able to...
Great trailer if you're vertically challenged. And don't try to convince me an opening/tilting roof is the way to go. I like to be able to walk in my trailer on a cold, rainy day to warm up and get out of the rain without having to wear a helmet.
Australia dude... WTF is rain ?
4
3/21/2020 4:32pm
NATEP231 wrote:
You mean to tell me this is over kill for a few PW50s? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/21/412058/s1200_90326456_A82F_43FB_8AE0_02A6D6B5060F.jpg[/img]
You mean to tell me this is over kill for a few PW50s?
Not overkill as long as there are living quarters for the mechanic.
2
block75
Posts
608
Joined
10/19/2008
Location
AU
3/21/2020 4:56pm
Make it with a pop up version for the roof to extend upwards to 7-8 feet and I'm sold.
I’ll see if I can find the place that do them but there is a pop top version and it’s quick and easy.
3/21/2020 4:57pm
Helda3 wrote:
Untill you see the price....
How bad is the price?
block75
Posts
608
Joined
10/19/2008
Location
AU
3/21/2020 5:00pm
They are called Moto star trailers and are hour and half west of Melbourne, Victoria

trailers
2
block75
Posts
608
Joined
10/19/2008
Location
AU
3/21/2020 5:09pm





4
1
hubbardmx50
Posts
2836
Joined
11/17/2016
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
3/21/2020 5:13pm
Cute trailer, my sister has one!
6
2
dadofagun
Posts
2057
Joined
3/28/2015
Location
Satan's Hollow, OK, USA
Fantasy
3/21/2020 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2020 5:52pm
Trailer is damn nice, that's for certain. My fear, the roof. That thing will leak..... May take awhile, but it will leak. Any flat roof that has the ability to move, will leak. Hell, any roof for that matter..... Sun roof, moon roof, T-Tops, ragtop, sliding, retractable....... Water, just like air, can go anywhere it wants.
1
1
Helda3
Posts
85
Joined
2/20/2020
Location
AU
3/21/2020 6:29pm
Helda3 wrote:
Untill you see the price....
How bad is the price?
Probably close to $30k aud
1
Helda3
Posts
85
Joined
2/20/2020
Location
AU
3/21/2020 6:30pm
block75 wrote:
They are called Moto star trailers and are hour and half west of Melbourne, Victoria trailers[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/21/412069/s1200_0510C6E6_63B2_4663_878F_BE13D0D4CE7E.jpg[/img]
They are called Moto star trailers and are hour and half west of Melbourne, Victoria

trailers
No, these are fine line trailers.....
3/21/2020 6:42pm
See....more proof. Australians have better small Moto trailers. I like the exterior storage compartments
2
kyle173
Posts
39
Joined
1/28/2016
Location
AU
3/21/2020 8:16pm
AussieParaMX
Posts
1724
Joined
7/30/2009
Location
Mount Waverley, VIC, AU
3/21/2020 8:23pm
Australia also unused to have the best utes in the world with a V8 commodore Ute
7
1

Post a reply to: Australians have better Moto Trailers

The Latest