Works Performance customer service.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2017 7:50 AM

Have been trying to reach works performance on a shock that was sent to them 2 weeks a go. They have not returned a phone call or email this week. Would anybody know how to reach these people ?

|

7/13/2017 8:28 AM

Considering last week was a holiday week and most people take vacations that explains one week. Shipping for the other week. They probably just opened your box man.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

7/13/2017 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2017 8:53 AM

Race Tech offers excellent customer service, and they actually want your business. wink

|

7/13/2017 9:01 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Considering last week was a holiday week and most people take vacations that explains one week. Shipping for the other week. They probably just opened your box man.

So that explains not answering a phone call. LOL

|

7/13/2017 9:04 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

mb60 wrote:

Judging by that reply i cant blame them for ignoring your call.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

7/13/2017 9:35 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

That's the way you would run a business ?

|

7/13/2017 9:38 AM

mb60 wrote:

Acidreamer wrote:

mb60 wrote:

That's the way you would run a business ?

Calls and emails should be answered or returned quickly.

|

7/13/2017 10:20 AM

I had to work last week including answering customer calls. Maybe these companies are multi billion dollar international companies that dont need money

|

7/13/2017 10:29 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

I had to work last week including answering customer calls. Maybe these companies are multi billion dollar international companies that dont need money

Would you question a business that has a $ 1000.00 worth of product ? Bottom line is someone should be able to call you back or send a email. At this rate just call me send the stuff back and chalk it up as a lost customer.

|

7/13/2017 9:33 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

mb60 wrote:

Would you question a business that has a $ 1000.00 worth of product ? Bottom line is someone should be able to call you back or send a email. At this rate just call me send the stuff back and chalk it up as a lost customer.

Totally agree. Crazy companies in this industry act like they don't need the business. Piss poor customer service. Like i said they act like they are billion dollar companies.

|

7/14/2017 5:22 AM

I've heard some similar complaints from 2 other people in the last 3-4 weeks. My guess is they are closed for holiday...hopefully.

|

7/14/2017 5:48 AM

Mike give Joe Raphel at Cycle Suspension in Haslet. Dude is legit and has been at it forever.

|

7/14/2017 7:22 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

Mike give Joe Raphel at Cycle Suspension in Haslet. Dude is legit and has been at it forever.

David they took care of it. Had a flood inside the building according to the guy who called back. I have heard good things about Joe in Haslet.

|

7/15/2017 11:02 PM

So you came online to complain and then find the shop was flooded

|

7/15/2017 11:20 PM

SAM642 wrote:

Sounds like this thread should be deleted?

|

Did i do that?

7/15/2017 11:28 PM

SAM642 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he came on here to ask if anyone had another way to contact them. You know like a friend of a friend works there type of thing. Reading comprehension isn't your thing though.

|

7/15/2017 11:47 PM

I have dealt with Works Connection for many years. They are a great company to deal with. I am sure a flood could cause some delays and issues for any company.

|

7/16/2017 8:14 AM

wfo4ever wrote:

I have dealt with Works Connection for many years. They are a great company to deal with. I am sure a flood could cause some delays and issues for any company.

Not sure what awesome skid plates, clutch perches and holeshot devices has to do with the op's shock being serviced but... tongue

|

7/16/2017 8:16 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

mb60 wrote:

David they took care of it. Had a flood inside the building according to the guy who called back. I have heard good things about Joe in Haslet.

Glad to hear that man, Joe is a good dude and he can machine suspension parts for vintage bikes. I'm pretty sure he races TVRC with you guys. If I ever get my ass to one we will connect!

|

7/16/2017 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2017 9:30 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

mb60 wrote:

Acidreamer wrote:

I would call you a ......, however possibly you are not versed in business operations. . Emails & phone call returns are always a priority in customer service.
Period.

|

7/16/2017 9:38 AM

So at some point this thread went from being about Works Performance to Works Connection. These are two seperate companies with nothing in common. Could the OP clarify which one he's had issues with?

|

7/16/2017 9:42 AM

leighracer wrote:

So at some point this thread went from being about Works Performance to Works Connection. These are two seperate companies with nothing in common. Could the OP clarify which one he's had issues with?

It's about Works Performance suspension. wfo4life just mis typed and I was giving him the friendly ol' what for...

|

10/12/2017 6:37 AM

just an update on this, works performance owner passed away and it all fell to bits from there, rumour is his nephew is still working on works shocks but not sure where

|

10/12/2017 8:28 AM

I think any competent suspension outfit could repair those shocks and far as seals, o-rings if you aren't looking to mod your shocks. I don't think there were a lot of proprietary parts inside them. I used Works Perf shocks a lot in the old days, sorry to see them go.
Good luck.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/12/2017 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2017 8:35 AM

SAM642 wrote:

just an update on this, works performance owner passed away and it all fell to bits from there, rumour is his nephew is still working on works shocks but not sure where

Yep, Gil passed away unfortunately, and Pierre has taken the helm afaik. My dad and Gil were long time friends, sad to see him pass. A lot of people these days don't realize how much his tech and knowledge have pervaded modern suspension design.

|

10/14/2017 10:40 AM

They're regrouping, have a new GM, and are moving their location. They'll be back.

|

Tim Buck
SoCal MX Pro Apparel
http://www.socalmxpros.com/

10/14/2017 11:14 AM

Sorry for their loss. I hope they come back, Works Performance produced good shocks for a reasonable price for a lot of bikes. Some foreign companies think there shocks are made out of gold and price them that way, even though it is only fools gold, Works Performance, Race Tech, Fox and others will take care of all of your suspension needs for a reasonable price.

|

10/14/2017 3:36 PM

I knew Gil since the 70's. He gave me these shocks for my CR125 restore. The best of the best him, and his shocks . . . Photo

|

Tim Buck
SoCal MX Pro Apparel

10/14/2017 3:42 PM

Me at the 78 Superbowl of MX. Factory Honda's with Works Performance shocks . . .Photo

|

Tim Buck
SoCal MX Pro Apparel

10/14/2017 5:45 PM

Toosano wrote:

Me at the 78 Superbowl of MX. Factory Honda's with Works Performance shocks . . .Photo

That's a great picture. Man, I really miss those days. I still love supercross and the outdoors, but it wasn't all about the money back then......

|