Twitch Vs. RacerX

Bauer
1/11/2013 9:21am
Man, some of you guys badmouthing freestyle because you're so old school and hardcore moto need to open up your minds and lighten up! I totally agree with Regis and Seth and a few of the other posters in here...and I guarantee I'm more old school pro moto than any of you in here. Back in 1998 I was asked by PACE (now Feld) to be one of the two judges in their new FMX series. I was resistant to the whole scene at first, but I knew going in that the guys were talented, not to mention brave as fuck! It didn't take me long to gain a total appreciation for what they do. While I may roll my eyes at the way some of them act, I'm also aware that for most of them it's all part of just that: an ACT. I judged those contests for a couple of years and I have mad respect for most of those guys, just as I do for the guys I grew up racing with and just as I do for the current crop of pro motocrossers.

By the way, and I think Regis will back me up here, judging has to be the most thankless job in the world!

One more note: If all you haters don't think that FMX has been good for motocross and the MX industry, you are sadly mistaken.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 9:22am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 9:26am
yzmatt wrote:
Yup, I just can't figure out why the FMX fans always feel the need to post here. This is a RACERS forum.
Regis wrote:
I would have to disagree with you. Freestyle is definitely a part of Moto. Nowhere around here does it say "Racers only". You may not like...
I would have to disagree with you.

Freestyle is definitely a part of Moto. Nowhere around here does it say "Racers only".

You may not like the person riding the bike, but if you can't appreciate the skill set or what it takes to do freestyle on a MOTOCROSS bike going over Jumps and natural terrain obstacles then I think you are just a race fan and not a Motocross fan.
yzmatt wrote:
Freestyle motocross is NOT motocross. Motocross is RACING. Period. End of story. When I start going over to the FMX forums posting about how awesome MOTOCROSS...
Freestyle motocross is NOT motocross. Motocross is RACING. Period. End of story.

When I start going over to the FMX forums posting about how awesome MOTOCROSS is, then you can lecture me on the similarities.
To me, Motocross is Motocross and there are many disciplines of it.

Sure if you go to Wikipedia or some die hard race fan they will tell you motorcoss is racing only. That is lame.

I ride desert, trails, ramps, tracks and I call myself a motocrosser. I take my Motocross bike and do whatever I feel like that day.

Because I ride my bike in the woods doesn't mean I date my sister and drink moonshine
Because I ride my bike in the desert doesn't mean I drive a lifted truck and listen to Nine Inch Nails
Because I ride my bike on ramps, doesn't mean I have a flat bill hat

But I do however, have a sick tramp stamp and a serious love of Motocross

Freestyle MX has had a huge impact on Supercross and Outdoors and has helped SX and MX a lot more than the other way around. I will tell you right now a lot of the corporate sponsorships we see today are thanks to freestlye and X games.
three9zero
1/11/2013 9:26am
Anything with a twist throttle and 2 wheels....it's all good.
yzmatt
1/11/2013 9:27am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 9:30am
Bauer wrote:
Man, some of you guys badmouthing freestyle because you're so old school and hardcore moto need to open up your minds and lighten up! I totally...
Man, some of you guys badmouthing freestyle because you're so old school and hardcore moto need to open up your minds and lighten up! I totally agree with Regis and Seth and a few of the other posters in here...and I guarantee I'm more old school pro moto than any of you in here. Back in 1998 I was asked by PACE (now Feld) to be one of the two judges in their new FMX series. I was resistant to the whole scene at first, but I knew going in that the guys were talented, not to mention brave as fuck! It didn't take me long to gain a total appreciation for what they do. While I may roll my eyes at the way some of them act, I'm also aware that for most of them it's all part of just that: an ACT. I judged those contests for a couple of years and I have mad respect for most of those guys, just as I do for the guys I grew up racing with and just as I do for the current crop of pro motocrossers.

By the way, and I think Regis will back me up here, judging has to be the most thankless job in the world!

One more note: If all you haters don't think that FMX has been good for motocross and the MX industry, you are sadly mistaken.
Blah blah wall of text blah.

I don't care if MC, RC, RJ, Wardy, RV, RD or ANYONE thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. IT'S LAME TO ME.

Oh, and I never said it didn't take talent or balls or skillzzzzz or any of that. I simply said IT'S LAME. Carry on....

The Shop

1/11/2013 9:28am
Remember, if you ever think of "us vs. them" you are always part of them!

Just think of the hoards of people that clown on racers...."What? They just ride around in circles....Ok, they hit a bump or two along the way...What's the point?"

Wouldn't it be funny if Twitch and DC set all this up?

Both of their target markets got "impressions" and a handful of brand names into this week's conversations.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 9:28am
newmann wrote:
Summary please? I'm not reading this sandy vagina thread.
Summary: we have a couple people who are only racers and can't see the beauty of all things two wheels done on a motorcoss bike.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 9:30am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 9:37am
Bauer wrote:
Man, some of you guys badmouthing freestyle because you're so old school and hardcore moto need to open up your minds and lighten up! I totally...

yzmatt wrote:
Blah blah wall of text blah. I don't care if MC, RC, RJ, Wardy, RV, RD or ANYONE thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread...
Blah blah wall of text blah.

I don't care if MC, RC, RJ, Wardy, RV, RD or ANYONE thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. IT'S LAME TO ME.

Oh, and I never said it didn't take talent or balls or skillzzzzz or any of that. I simply said IT'S LAME. Carry on....
there, you did it...

"IT'S LAME TO ME" - good job.

Is a totally different statement then "IT'S LAME" when stated as fact.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 9:33am
Bauer wrote:

yes Bauer, I completely back you up on your whole statement here. Well said.
Overdrive
1/11/2013 9:37am
Im just f-in pissed that a guy named YZmatt has an avatar picture with a KTM in it, WTF if you going to have the name YZmatt atleast have a F-in YZ in your picture. Sarcasm off.

By the way who gives a shit if FMX guys post here, this is a forum for the love of dirt biking. Not for the love of what ktmmatt, I mean yzmatt likes.
BAMX
1/11/2013 9:40am
Freestyle went to hell as soon as they started building ramps. The days of a few pros going to the canyons and hucking some cliffs or putting a lip on one hill and hitting a 100 ft gap were the glory days. It has just turned into a circus like monster trucks of pro wrestling.
jamma10
1/11/2013 9:47am
BAMX wrote:
Freestyle went to hell as soon as they started building ramps. The days of a few pros going to the canyons and hucking some cliffs or...
Freestyle went to hell as soon as they started building ramps. The days of a few pros going to the canyons and hucking some cliffs or putting a lip on one hill and hitting a 100 ft gap were the glory days. It has just turned into a circus like monster trucks of pro wrestling.
bluepumpkin
1/11/2013 9:57am
FlaNard wrote:
I don't get why some of you are so snobby. I grew up spending my time riding in the hills jumping and hill climbing with friends...
I don't get why some of you are so snobby. I grew up spending my time riding in the hills jumping and hill climbing with friends. I also rode tracks a shit ton. I also owned a ramp for a while. Sure fmx isn't what it was in the beginning, but Steel Roots and Fly will always be special to a lot of us. I still enjoy riding out in the hills and or dunes with friends far more than burning laps. People take riding tracks so seriously it sucks the fun out of it for them. I see plenty of guys at local tracks who basically have a race day rig set up and look miserable because they aren't happy with how they are riding, or because the track sucks that day. Those guys are in their late 30's and are somehow pissed off at life while riding. That always makes me shake my head. Like they think being the third fastest guy on the track that day is the end all be all. I've never had a bad day in the hills after a nice rain. But hey, maybe that's just me. If you ride a bike you're cool with me. I've done it all and I'd suggest not knocking it if you haven't tried it. There is a reason you see pros out n the hills throwing whips for the cameras. Cause that's about the most fun you can have on a bike.
Right on. It's all about having fun out there.
yzmatt
1/11/2013 10:01am
BAMX wrote:
Freestyle went to hell as soon as they started building ramps. The days of a few pros going to the canyons and hucking some cliffs or...
jamma10 wrote:
[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gbJiW8OJsCg/UDT8seFInnI/AAAAAAAABDs/HSfQ15_gmwI/s1600/winner.jpg[/img]

I never said it didn't take skill or courage to ride FMX. I said it's LAME.

I can appreciate the skill and courage, it's just completely drowned out by the punk ass wannabe gansta white boy crowd that dominates the scene. Which by the way is a demographic that does NOTHING GOOD for the image of dirt bike enthusiasts in general.
Taylor156
1/11/2013 10:03am
If it wasn't for X games, DewTour and Nuclear Cowboys now how would these guys make money.
ChingLongBing
1/11/2013 10:08am
Taylor156 wrote:
If it wasn't for X games, DewTour and Nuclear Cowboys now how would these guys make money.
"If it wasn't for monster rockstar and red bull how would racers make money?"

Now.... Do you see how dumb that sounds?
jamma10
1/11/2013 10:09am
Regis wrote:
To me, Motocross is Motocross and there are many disciplines of it. Sure if you go to Wikipedia or some die hard race fan they will...
To me, Motocross is Motocross and there are many disciplines of it.

Sure if you go to Wikipedia or some die hard race fan they will tell you motorcoss is racing only. That is lame.

I ride desert, trails, ramps, tracks and I call myself a motocrosser. I take my Motocross bike and do whatever I feel like that day.

Because I ride my bike in the woods doesn't mean I date my sister and drink moonshine
Because I ride my bike in the desert doesn't mean I drive a lifted truck and listen to Nine Inch Nails
Because I ride my bike on ramps, doesn't mean I have a flat bill hat

But I do however, have a sick tramp stamp and a serious love of Motocross

Freestyle MX has had a huge impact on Supercross and Outdoors and has helped SX and MX a lot more than the other way around. I will tell you right now a lot of the corporate sponsorships we see today are thanks to freestlye and X games.
I think its kind of odd that you think of Motocross as all encompassing.

To me Enduro riding is Enduro, Trail riding in Trail riding, Dune riding is Dune riding and Motocross is Motocross and only Motocross.
ChingLongBing
1/11/2013 10:18am
jamma10 wrote:
I think its kind of odd that you think of Motocross as all encompassing. To me Enduro riding is Enduro, Trail riding in Trail riding, Dune...
I think its kind of odd that you think of Motocross as all encompassing.

To me Enduro riding is Enduro, Trail riding in Trail riding, Dune riding is Dune riding and Motocross is Motocross and only Motocross.
You're right, however they're all just different disciplines of riding a dirtbike aren't they? Just a different way to ride? I just don't see why some people feel the need to bash a sport just because you don't do it or it doesn't interest you. The people that do sound just like the people who say, "All you do to ride a dirtbike is sit down and twist the throttle. It's easy." So thy just assume its stupid and doesn't take skill. Understand? It's fine to have an opinion but does it really have to e right and wrong? You might like blasting a berm on a bike most, and twitch might like to do jumps and tricks most. Doesn't mean either of you are wrong.

"FMX is lame" what a pointless statement.
Torco1
1/11/2013 10:20am
bangmyhead wrote:
Hot damn what a way to start off USA-asshat

You should def switch over to sm
Do you honestly think this is his first profile here?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
1/11/2013 10:22am
Regis, so what's wrong with moonshine, flat billed hats and nine inch nails? And if you have a hot sister is it really that bad to take her out once in awhile?
jndmx
1/11/2013 11:15am
KennyT wrote:
Regis, so what's wrong with moonshine, flat billed hats and nine inch nails? And if you have a hot sister is it really that bad to...
Regis, so what's wrong with moonshine, flat billed hats and nine inch nails? And if you have a hot sister is it really that bad to take her out once in awhile?
Not as long as you take her someplace nice.......Chili's or TGI Fridays......you know fancy eatin.
LaughingLaughing
1/11/2013 11:55am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 11:57am
BAMX wrote:
Well said.

I think Kevin's transfer jump in the opening ceremonies of SX illustrates this point quite well. It's seeing Kevin jump the obstacles in an unintended way that's ultimately what makes it spectacular and awesome. I was never hugely into FMX but I did used to love seeing those guys make jumps out of natural obstacles. With or without the tricks that side of it will always be more cool than all this ramp stuff imo.

With that said, of course full respect to anyone that does it. It does take tremendous skill.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/11/2013 12:05pm
newmann wrote:
YZMATT actually rides (or shows pics of) a KTM! Furthermore, HE thinks fmx is lame so it should NEVER EVER be posted on here.

And a bunch of other ignorant shit from a bunch of users...usual stuff really.
BAMX
1/11/2013 12:11pm
BAMX wrote:
Well said. I think Kevin's transfer jump in the opening ceremonies of SX illustrates this point quite well. It's seeing Kevin jump the obstacles in an...
Well said.

I think Kevin's transfer jump in the opening ceremonies of SX illustrates this point quite well. It's seeing Kevin jump the obstacles in an unintended way that's ultimately what makes it spectacular and awesome. I was never hugely into FMX but I did used to love seeing those guys make jumps out of natural obstacles. With or without the tricks that side of it will always be more cool than all this ramp stuff imo.

With that said, of course full respect to anyone that does it. It does take tremendous skill.
Exactly....If Windham put up a ramp and started doing this, it would be lame. The fact that he looks at the track and sees these huge gaps that were never meant to be jumped and is willing to huck them is what is cool.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 12:18pm
KennyT wrote:
Regis, so what's wrong with moonshine, flat billed hats and nine inch nails? And if you have a hot sister is it really that bad to...
I see nothing wrong with any of it.

matter of fact, there were times I wish I had a hot sister.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
1/11/2013 12:21pm
Sheesh, it's people doing different things on dirt bikes. That's good. In no world is that bad. If it's not your cup of tea, don't drink it. Give it a rest.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/11/2013 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 12:39pm
BAMX wrote:
Well said. I think Kevin's transfer jump in the opening ceremonies of SX illustrates this point quite well. It's seeing Kevin jump the obstacles in an...
Well said.

BAMX wrote:
Exactly....If Windham put up a ramp and started doing this, it would be lame. The fact that he looks at the track and sees these huge...
Exactly....If Windham put up a ramp and started doing this, it would be lame. The fact that he looks at the track and sees these huge gaps that were never meant to be jumped and is willing to huck them is what is cool.
For the most part, ramps are used for convenience and accessibility. Roll them into arena and events, roll them right out. Just like they did for the SX intermission for a few years. Doesn't take a dozer and thousands of dollars worth of dirt to build a lip. Plus, if you are going to be flipping a bike, a little consistency in the lip is always a plus.

KW is the man and what he does is cool! But what he does at a SX shouldn't discredit the freestyle riders. Doesn't mean he has a vision they don't.

There are plenty of really cool freeride videos out there that feature freestyle guys and racers that hit very impressive jumps.

Twitch has one on iTunes.
yzmatt
1/11/2013 12:45pm
newmann wrote:
seth505 wrote:
YZMATT actually rides (or shows pics of) a KTM! Furthermore, HE thinks fmx is lame so it should NEVER EVER be posted on here. And a...
YZMATT actually rides (or shows pics of) a KTM! Furthermore, HE thinks fmx is lame so it should NEVER EVER be posted on here.

Wow, you got me big time, didn't you? So I didn't want to create an entirely new account when I decided to buy a KTM, guilty as charged! Oh, and I still happen to own a yz144............ regardless, it has absolutely nothing to do with the point being discussed.

You get a gold star, champ!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/11/2013 1:01pm
newmann wrote:
seth505 wrote:
YZMATT actually rides (or shows pics of) a KTM! Furthermore, HE thinks fmx is lame so it should NEVER EVER be posted on here. And a...

yzmatt wrote:
Wow, you got me big time, didn't you? So I didn't want to create an entirely new account when I decided to buy a KTM, guilty...
Wow, you got me big time, didn't you? So I didn't want to create an entirely new account when I decided to buy a KTM, guilty as charged! Oh, and I still happen to own a yz144............ regardless, it has absolutely nothing to do with the point being discussed.

You get a gold star, champ!
Thanks dude, I just thought the true racers on the site should know what race bike we all have...this shit is serious business. Smile
Big
1/11/2013 1:48pm
I'm really tired of FMX even if they are really skilled and i happens to know a few ex-stars who is really friendly. But Pastranas Cirkus came to Stockholm Sweden and some non-moto friends put their shit together and brought their kids too. They absolutly loved it! Not used to flips and ordinary FMX they said it was the best show ever. Myself refused to waste a minute on that shit but they was having a happy smile over their faces. And it was 4 times more spectators than a Swedish Championship for sure.......
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
1/11/2013 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 12:01am
yzmatt wrote:
Freestyle motocross is NOT motocross. Motocross is RACING. Period. End of story. When I start going over to the FMX forums posting about how awesome MOTOCROSS...
Freestyle motocross is NOT motocross. Motocross is RACING. Period. End of story.

When I start going over to the FMX forums posting about how awesome MOTOCROSS is, then you can lecture me on the similarities.
Motocross does not just have to mean 2 wheeled engine powered offroad racing.

e,g) BMX = Bicycle Motocross

Is that ok with you ? Or shall they drop the mx part?

I suppose you also HATE BMX dirtjump and BMX park?

FMX guys at x fighters are starting to use the circuits like bmx park, making them innovative with lots of transition potential and new obstacles such as wall rides.

In 5 years time you will be amazed at how they use the terrain.

Do you also HATE K-Dub doing transfers at the sx?

You definitely hate a lot.

Post a reply to: Twitch Vs. RacerX

The Latest