Tomac Vs Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 9:24 AM

First off congratulations to both of these riders, Tomac on the championship and Roczen on the comeback and 3rd in the series. My question is who do you guys think will be able to achieve the next and win the Supercross championship. At this point they are tied in professional championships. Tomac having 1 lites sx & 1 lites me and 2 450 mx championships and with Roczen having 1 world mx2 championship, 1 lites sx, and 2 450Mx championships. They have both been extremely fast indoors but inconsistency has eluded them in the past.
Who do you guys got between these two? Personally for me I’d lean towards Roczen more as I’ve been a fan since his gp days.

|

8/26/2018 9:25 AM

Much ty

|

8/26/2018 9:28 AM

Herlings....because you can't have a Tomac thread without mentioning him or vice versa.

|

8/26/2018 9:40 AM

Anderson

|

8/26/2018 10:33 AM

Just hoping Kenny (and the rest) can make it through Sx without another injury.

|

8/26/2018 10:49 AM

If Roczen makes it through SX19 I think he is the champion. I never thought he would ever make it back to top 3, I was wrong.

|

8/26/2018 11:02 AM

The comeback shows KR has the mental strength. ET has speed
- In 250 class they where back and forth - KR gets a good start and it was could ET run him down before the end was the norm.

|

8/26/2018 11:05 AM

I wouldn’t bet against Roczen on anything. That kid shouldn’t even be able to ride fast and he’s killing it!

|

8/26/2018 11:37 AM

Who knows how Kenny's arms feel during a race, after putting in alot more strength in those arms during outdoors, indoors Kenny should be close to 100% which I cannot believe he's recovered so well.

Tomac has shown lapses of mental strength when challenged however he most likely at this stage is the faster rider indoors and outdoors currently.

Kenny has mental strength and a heart of a lion of it gets close he won't be backing down.

50/50 indoors
65/35 outdoors Tomac.

|

8/26/2018 11:42 AM

Mouscan has a chance at indoor supercross title. Fitness will not be as much if a factor indoors and Eli has been killing guys with last few laps speed.

|

8/26/2018 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 12:51 PM

Neither Tomac nor Roczen were even in the top 2 this year indoors.

|

8/26/2018 12:56 PM

TogaSet wrote:

Neither Tomac nor Roczen were even in the top 2 this year indoors.

So what? Eli won 17 mains in the last two years and everyone knows how fast Roczen was before the injuries. They are the favorites if fully fit.

|

8/26/2018 1:28 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

So what? Eli won 17 mains in the last two years and everyone knows how fast Roczen was before the injuries. They are the ...more

Yeah, it's almost like winning half the Supercross mains from the last two years doesn't matter ?

|

8/26/2018 1:43 PM

I don't think Ken will have the speed Eli has. But he seems to have found some great consistency which is obviously a huge key to winning a championship. I would like to see Anderson successfully defend his SX title but if someone has to take it from him I hope it's Kenny.

|

8/26/2018 1:46 PM

Man that’s hard to pick a favorite. They are both so equally matched. Honestly I’m fan of every guy out there

|

8/26/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 1:59 PM

In all honesty , i think KR94 held alot back this year . Maybe mentally some but i honestly believe he held himself back some maybe just so he could see where he stands when he is not giving 100% . HRC had already commented that they wanted kenny not to come back untill SX19 . He has vastly exceeded their expectations . I honestly believe if he can keep it on 2 wheels he will be a huge issue for tomac and moose and bam bam.

|

2018 crf 250r

8/26/2018 2:45 PM

I have high doubts about ken n the whoops this year .

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

8/26/2018 3:00 PM

Have to think one of the two will figure it out in SX soon. Kind of odd that two of the potential greats of the sport simultaneously can't seem to hold it together in SX.

|

8/26/2018 3:06 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Have to think one of the two will figure it out in SX soon. Kind of odd that two of the potential greats of the sport ...more

As pointed out above, he has won 17/34 Supercross mains in the last two years, so I'd say he's got it figured out, speed-wise. He and the team just need to work together to improve his consistency over the season and reduce mechanical (and gear) failures.

|

8/26/2018 3:16 PM

Jeez, A1 seems forever away about right now.

Ima Tomac fan but would be great to see Kenny back to his old self in sx and that is just about unstoppable. Healthy all season for both will be a win win.

|

8/26/2018 4:59 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Man that’s hard to pick a favorite. They are both so equally matched. Honestly I’m fan of every guy out there

Totally agree Kyle, the coming years of racing should be good between these two guys plus the likes of Musquin, Anderson, Barcia, Baggett and friends.

|

8/26/2018 5:05 PM

I dont think kenny touches eli. One key factor in all this is the new kx450. Take that much of a better bike than elis current bike and put it with his raw speed and maturity, nothing is stopping him.

|

8/26/2018 5:30 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Ima Tomac fan but would be great to see Kenny back to his old self in sx and ...more

When has Roczen ever been unstoppable in SX? The 2 races in a row before he got hurt? One race he won big the next one Dungey was on his ass.

|

8/26/2018 5:30 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Ima Tomac fan but would be great to see Kenny back to his old self in sx and ...more

I'd hardly say Kenny is unstoppable in SX. When has he ever been dominant on a 450? Dungey was every bit as good until he retired and Roczen won two races to start the next season before he got hurt. He's one of the best, but not dominant, much less unstoppable.

|

8/26/2018 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 5:37 PM

As a Tomac fan I am most worried about Kenny going into SX. Kenny gets good starts and if he can hold Eli off for 15-20 minutes in a national he will probably do it in SX too. Eli was better at starts in 2018 SX and it showed, but he needs to keep working on his starts and limit the mistakes.

|

8/26/2018 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 6:03 PM

kb228 wrote:

I dont think kenny touches eli. One key factor in all this is the new kx450. Take that much of a better bike than elis current ...more

Unless bike setup. Remember early 2017 where Tomac was struggling until his Phoenix win. Once he got the win, he credited it to bike setup.

|