Supercross '20

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2019 11:56 AM

The schedule's not out yet, but rumors are already starting to fly on venues that are in and out, and changes for next season.

On the out list, we hear...

Nashville
Houston

On the in list, it sounds like...

St. Louis
Tampa
and... Salt Lake City (as the final round?)

Remember, these are rumors, and your results may vary.

|

7/7/2019 12:05 PM

Not a fan at all of Vega$ not being the final round. As far as Nashville goes they must be rotating Nashville and St. Louis. Nashville seemed to be quite the hit and I was thinking about taking a road trip this year.

|

7/7/2019 12:10 PM

Toronto??

|

7/7/2019 12:10 PM

I was hoping to see ralph and ricky on the out list and weege and GL on the in list

|

7/7/2019 12:14 PM

makmcguire wrote:

Not a fan at all of Vega$ not being the final round. As far as Nashville goes they must be rotating Nashville and St. Louis. Nashville seemed to be quite the hit and I was thinking about taking a road trip this year.

Why? The Monster party will be a real rager.

|

7/7/2019 1:32 PM

Houston hosted the first Supercross and we keep getting the shaft

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

7/7/2019 1:36 PM

Throw us one here in Charlotte!

|

7/7/2019 1:37 PM

thatswhathappens wrote:

Imagine if they did a Supercross at the dirt track in CMS like the MXGP! I would make the trip out again. I liked Charlotte and the surrounding area.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

7/7/2019 3:59 PM

I sure hope that SLC is back in the rotation! I don't care for which round, it's always great to have a race at your home town!

|

7/7/2019 4:10 PM

If SLC is back, I'll be at an SX next year. It's a market that deserves a race in my opinion.

|

7/7/2019 4:11 PM

|

7/7/2019 4:14 PM

They need to get rid of the multiple Anaheim races. Also work on all covered facilities watching supercross racing in the mud is about like watching 50s race and as a fan to sit there in the rain is plain stupid.

|

7/7/2019 4:15 PM

Thinking Atlanta is out.

|

7/8/2019 3:09 AM

St Louis! Yes! The dirt is always the best and the racing is great there. I have been to many Supercross races over the years and as a fan Stlouis is the best. The dome means weather is not ever a issue and the pits are inside so the fans can get up and close to the riders and bikes, If checking out the pits is high on your list then this is the event you should attend in the midwest.

|

7/8/2019 3:33 AM

Nashville was one of the best SX races (venue and city) that I have been to. Great crowd, fun city... Bummer that it is off the schedule.

|

7/8/2019 3:40 AM

Crossup wrote:

Nashville was one of the best SX races (venue and city) that I have been to. Great crowd, fun city... Bummer that it is off the schedule.

Agreed. I would much prefer Nashville. I like the idea of new venues but Nashville was such a hit!

|

7/8/2019 4:42 AM

thatswhathappens wrote:

For real, my first was 94 and we went every year since we loved it and attendance seemed great. I always wondered why they took it off the schedule.

|

7/8/2019 4:57 AM

How much does SLC being back and the final round have to do with the fact that it's the closest stop to Boise the home of WPS who is a main sponsor?

|

7/8/2019 6:08 AM

Crossup wrote:

Premix wrote:

Agreed. I would much prefer Nashville. I like the idea of new venues but Nashville was such a hit!

We cant have riders skipping the races to go play guitar at bars. Thats why its off the schedule

|

7/8/2019 6:22 AM

Nashville was the hit of the season last year, wonder why they’d take it off the schedule...?

|

7/8/2019 6:27 AM

Tampa seems like a waste to me, that venue doesn't draw many fans.

|

7/8/2019 7:53 AM

USA wrote:

Houston hosted the first Supercross and we keep getting the shaft

I don't know who told you that Houston was the first Super cross, But they are wrong!

"The event that paved the way for constructed, stadium-based motocross events was a 1972 race held in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, promoted by Mike Goodwin and Terry Tiernan, then-president of the AMA, and won by 16-year-old Marty Tripes. It was billed as the "Super Bowl of Motocross" which led to the coining of the term "Supercross." The Super Bowl of Motocross II held the following year was an even greater success and, eventually evolved into the AMA Supercross championship held in stadiums across the United States and Canada."

Trust me on this one! I was there, working in the pits.

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

7/8/2019 7:58 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Nashville was the hit of the season last year, wonder why they’d take it off the schedule...?

Yeah exactly NAshville is a great town which is booming with tourism, so people would make a trip plus without a Muddy Creek national there it made sense to have a Supercross race.

I dont like the switching NY/Boston round but whatever, it is what it is, but dont keep doing this every year with other locations,

|

7/8/2019 8:09 AM

Matthes tweeted that he heard Minneapolis was off the schedule this year. Really hoping it isn't true!

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

7/8/2019 8:29 AM

Just dropped my goggles when I saw Pierre (SD) again not scheduled ? WTF ?!

|

7/8/2019 9:55 AM

I was also planning on making the trip to Nashville. Y'all can have Glendale sx the roof opening is too small, Burns my eyeballs to smithereens. Wasn't a problem when they raced at our baseball stadium.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm not around race gas that much, but Ive gone to NHRA races here since I was a baby and Nitro doesn't burn half as bad when I'm standing behind a top fuel car starting up in the pits.

What about the closed stadiums? Do they have good ventilation?

Note: I have naturally super sensitive blue eyes. (chicks dig them)

|

7/8/2019 11:01 AM

If Salt Lake City is back on the schedule, I wonder if Denver will be back?

|

7/8/2019 11:30 AM

Guessing we go back to Gillette this year instead of MetLife?

|

7/8/2019 11:34 AM

GuyB wrote:

The schedule's not out yet, but rumors are already starting to fly on venues that are in and out, and changes for next season.

On the out list, we hear...

Nashville
Houston

On the in list, it sounds like...

St. Louis
Tampa
and... Salt Lake City (as the final round?)

Remember, these are rumors, and your results may vary.

Guy B, any guesses as what January weekend Anaheim 2 will be? Trying to tie it into a trip to Palm Springs with the wife.....must be either Jan 19th or 25th I would guess.....

|

7/8/2019 11:37 AM

Trudare69 wrote:

Guy B, any guesses as what January weekend Anaheim 2 will be? Trying to tie it into a trip to Palm Springs with the wife.....must be either Jan 19th or 25th I would guess.....

Sorry, I haven't seen that level of detail, rumored or otherwise.

|