Serious Question - Tomac contract

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2016 6:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2016 6:41 AM

How easily can he get out of that contract with Kawasaki? If he did, think Geico would take him back?

I have to be honest, I've never been one to complain about the bike, just give it more gas. With that said, it seems Tomac is quite frustrated though. Maybe it's him, maybe it's mental, maybe the kawi doesn't suit him well.

This is a serious question, not interested in who thinks he would still lose on a Geico Honda or think he needs to work up to strength, etc., etc.. Just curious to see if an insider or someone willing to provide info knows what would be at stake if a rider decided to leave their current manufacturer. Other than maybe a bad rep for exiting their contract early. Though Reed and Stewart have seemed to do it in the past by "being injured / having chronic fatigue".

|

5/23/2016 6:43 AM

In the words of the great Steve Matthes: blame bike set up, collect your check, bro.

|

5/23/2016 6:48 AM

Seriously dumb question

|

5/23/2016 6:51 AM

Are you insane?

|

1983 YZ 250K, 1983 CR 250, 1982 CT110, 1978 Maico 440

5/23/2016 6:59 AM

First real race outdoors , practicing is different than running his race pace at a national. He got 3rd overall on a smooth track that everyone was running a good pace on. I ride the track often and it is rougher on practice days than it was Saturday because of the chance of rain and dd not ripping it but you can't blame them . Can't win the championship at the first race but you could lose it, solid 3rd is good starting point and the boys at Kawi know a thing or two about getting the bike set up. Couple more races he will be on point.

|

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"
A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the Calender says W T F!

Factoryphoto.com

5/23/2016 6:59 AM

Photo
|

5/23/2016 7:02 AM

Anyone can get out of any contract for the right price!

|

5/23/2016 7:10 AM

some of you guys have seriously lost your minds.

Why would it be the bike?

could it be the double shoulder reconstructions.... maybe?

saying the Kawasaki is to blame for him getting third is just as intelligent as saying it was the Hondas fault for him doing a face plant last year. blink blink blink blink blink

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/23/2016 7:11 AM

Oh. My. God.

|

5/23/2016 7:15 AM

..can see ur point entirely...pinch..... considering all the Hondas that finished in front of him...

|

rickys james mc hannah 469...ama pro career wins...and counting
which means these riders have an average of 92 wins ea...
which is equal to over 3 years of winning every single sx and natl each...
15 years of absolute total 100% domination ...just sayin' ...

5/23/2016 7:25 AM

YOU LEAVE KAWASAKI ALONE!!!!!!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/23/2016 7:28 AM

I doubt we would see Tomac ever get that upset over setup. I think he was frustrated about himself not the bike. Great to see a guy pissed about 3rd though!

|

5/23/2016 7:32 AM

If I didn't watch the race and just read this thread, I would think he went something like 14-17. Didn't the 2 time reigning 250 champ (who also put a beat down on the entire field many times last year) have a worse day results wise?

|

5/23/2016 7:35 AM

MXD wrote:

If I didn't watch the race and just read this thread, I would think he went something like 14-17. Didn't the 2 time reigning ...more

...you mean the guy that has twice the championships as ET...

|

rickys james mc hannah 469...ama pro career wins...and counting
which means these riders have an average of 92 wins ea...
which is equal to over 3 years of winning every single sx and natl each...
15 years of absolute total 100% domination ...just sayin' ...

5/23/2016 7:49 AM

Put something in his locker. Just kidding. but in all reality he just came off a double shoulder injury from last season. Motocross is a beast compared to SX. You act like 4-4 for 3rd overall is not good. His shoulders may not be there yet or bike setup is close but not there. And plus that track was real smooth. last year was a different story. Lets go a couple more races before we say can he get out of his contract.

|

5/23/2016 8:06 AM

Photo
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/23/2016 8:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2016 10:35 AM

His speed will come back...we get glimpses here and there of what can be. The damage to his shoulders was severe.

It will take awhile.

His bike looks fine.

His body isn't quite where he wants it to be.

Watch back Daytona...!

|

5/23/2016 8:34 AM

I'm more interested in his Kawasaki contract. Is there any chance it got re-written to a more performance based contract following his 2nd moto last year at Colorado? Do manufacturers do this? I think that would add to his frustration.

He was fast qualifier after practice #1 and was probably expecting better for the moto's.

|

5/23/2016 8:38 AM

Plenty of races left.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

5/23/2016 9:19 AM

People are acting like Tomac has no chance.. he got third overall and is by no means out of this championship fight. It was one round people.

|

5/23/2016 9:22 AM

OP, please delete your Vital account.

|

5/23/2016 9:35 AM

Photo
|

5/23/2016 9:39 AM

Is Tomac gonna just explode from the pressure? You can see on "Behind the Dream" that the guy is crazy to win. Maybe he would do better to settle in for the long haul and let the results come.
It's been one outdoor race, and he got a podium! That is not exactly a failure.

|

5/23/2016 9:48 AM

just.....stop....

so much nope.....

|

Was once there, now old, fat and tired... require much more horsepower now...

5/23/2016 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2016 10:06 AM

My personal assessment concerning Tomac is that his injury last year was higher severity. It looked like extreme pain, the kind of pain you don't easily forget. Also, it came out of no where. He's probably still wondering what happened that day - they do laps and laps while training, they race in unpredictable environments, and yet this wreck seems to have come out of no where. Add into that, the pressure he was under to be ready for Supercross, which I don't think he felt he was, was probably asking more than he deserved. But he did it anyway in the hopes he could shake the cobwebs and work himself back into form over several events.

To sum up, last years crash was probably excruciatingly painful, and it sows the seed of doubt you don't want -- that it can happen almost anytime, without warning. That's not a good feeling.

He'll get back to speed, but I think he deserves a lot of credit for wiling himself back into the game so soon after that injury.

|

5/23/2016 10:22 AM

in before the dumbgeon

|

5/23/2016 10:30 AM

disbanded wrote:

Seriously dumb question

x100

|

5/23/2016 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2016 10:40 AM

Ahahahah just cause he didn't win by 2 minutes? Man are you for real? Have you ever thought about maybe is he grown up as a rider and doesn't wanna take those risks anymore?
Also, it was just the first race bla bla jesus this is so obvious why am I wasting my time into explaining this to you, this is just a troll topic, hopefully laughing

|

5/23/2016 10:47 AM

It's taken the entire SX season just to get those two shoulders to start working right. That was a double shoulder surgery he went through and has only been back on the bike since December. Maybe the bike was off , but it isn't just the bike. A new bike , new team and two new shoulders...and walks out with a 3rd O/A....I'd say he's doing just fine and will only get stronger.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/23/2016 11:00 AM

One round into the outdoors and Tomac already needs to go back to Honda. Classic Vital.

|