Ricky - “100% a bad call”

USA
Fantasy
545th
3/23/2019 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 5:39pm
Breathe of fresh air on the SX broadcast to hear Ricky inject his opinion. Reminded me of the real Ricky Carmichael for a moment there!
|
3/23/2019 9:21pm
I enjoyed it also. I’d imagine he gets a talking to from somebody. Hopefully not. That kind of commentating is good for the sport. You see football commentators make similar comments about challenges and such.
scootch
3/23/2019 9:21pm
I like it. AMA made an emotional call. Should have watched the tape.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
3/23/2019 9:24pm
I can’t believe he just looked dead into Camera 1 and said that was a terrible, wrong decision.

Count down until Galliger and Feld slap a wrist for that.
TymeMoto
3/23/2019 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 9:27pm
He’s unfortunately had a rough night on the mic other than that line. When he actually takes a side, expresses his opinions and calls the race he’s really good. I think we can all agree that he’s improving a little bit every week.

The booth just seems to be missing a lot of the action this year. God forbid Storytime with Ricky get overshadowed by the actual race......

The Shop

slipdog
3/23/2019 9:32pm
let me see if I get the Vital logic. Last week Webb skims the tuff block and procedes to pass Tomac and he's a track cutting, cheating MF'r. This week Dude gets block passed and run off the track but stays on it while skipping the triple and takes his spot back but shitty ass announcer RC says it was a good move so once again AMA made the wrong call.

That about sum it up?
brapgod69
3/23/2019 9:39pm
I enjoyed it also. I’d imagine he gets a talking to from somebody. Hopefully not. That kind of commentating is good for the sport. You see...
I enjoyed it also. I’d imagine he gets a talking to from somebody. Hopefully not. That kind of commentating is good for the sport. You see football commentators make similar comments about challenges and such.
Definitely reminded me of the NFL. Good job Ricky. Bullshit call
VasageXx
3/23/2019 10:23pm
slipdog wrote:
let me see if I get the Vital logic. Last week Webb skims the tuff block and procedes to pass Tomac and he's a track cutting...
let me see if I get the Vital logic. Last week Webb skims the tuff block and procedes to pass Tomac and he's a track cutting, cheating MF'r. This week Dude gets block passed and run off the track but stays on it while skipping the triple and takes his spot back but shitty ass announcer RC says it was a good move so once again AMA made the wrong call.

That about sum it up?
sounds about right
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/23/2019 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 10:28pm
Imo This was The Correct call , dude missed the triple you cant expect to go around a triple and not lose a position or time.
So i disagree with Ricky.
Webb didn't have time to make any decisions he was just trying not to crash and cut a corner by a tough block width
Very different situations.

I agree with the Call both times.
brocster
3/23/2019 10:34pm
You cannot skip (voluntary or not) track obstacles or track sections and gain positions. Right call this weekend...
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1518th
3/23/2019 10:37pm
I think it was the right call. He was bumped off track... not his fault obviously. But he continued to race off track skipping the triple and half the next turn gaining advantage in the process. He needed to slow down and re-enter safely behind the guy who bumped him and pass him back on the track.

drt410
3/23/2019 10:39pm
He got block passed... you dont get to use getting block passed as your shot to rip down a straight away skipping all obstacles and rip on the track in front of the guy who took you wide. Correct call. Webb barellllly friggin tapped a tough block n saved it... correct call. Marv jumps on a red cross and even kenny said he saw it so he backed off... correct call. So everything was correct, so u all can stfu now...
brapgod69
3/23/2019 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 10:47pm
slipdog wrote:
let me see if I get the Vital logic. Last week Webb skims the tuff block and procedes to pass Tomac and he's a track cutting...

That about sum it up?
Jorgensen got pushed off the track while ahead of the other guy. Technically, he didn’t gain any positions. Completely different than Webb’s scenario last week. But yea, vital logic.
SPODEBOY
3/23/2019 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 10:50pm
I heard RC may quit I'f they don't reverse the 250 LCQ call....?
3/23/2019 10:48pm
I agree with the official call, but enjoyed Ricky giving his straight opinion.
3/23/2019 10:50pm
slipdog wrote:

That about sum it up?
brapgod69 wrote:
Jorgensen got pushed off the track while ahead of the other guy. Technically, he didn’t gain any positions. Completely different than Webb’s scenario last week. But...
Jorgensen got pushed off the track while ahead of the other guy. Technically, he didn’t gain any positions. Completely different than Webb’s scenario last week. But yea, vital logic.
The question is whether he accelerated off-course, which the rule says clearly you may not. His speed going past those obstacles was definitely higher than when he was hard on the brakes out of that corner.
rutsmash
3/23/2019 11:26pm
USA wrote:
Breathe of fresh air on the SX broadcast to hear Ricky inject his opinion. Reminded me of the real Ricky Carmichael for a moment there!
RC has been getting better and better in the booth with his announcing.
3/23/2019 11:32pm
IMO Ricky needs to STFU and save that shit for his secret Vital account. Even though I agree with him on both counts, his repetitive and ultimately misinformed screeching about Musquin losing the win was fucking excruciating. Ralph's hotheaded little sidekick needs to take a seat and do his job, instead of acting like an ~OMGsooooooOFFENDED!!@!!"~ chick over decisions that are out of his jurisdiction.
TDeath21
3/23/2019 11:44pm
Well RC was 100% wrong about that one. Clear advantage gained by blasting beside the track and not doing the obstacles.
willie838
3/24/2019 12:52am
TymeMoto wrote:
He’s unfortunately had a rough night on the mic other than that line. When he actually takes a side, expresses his opinions and calls the race...
He’s unfortunately had a rough night on the mic other than that line. When he actually takes a side, expresses his opinions and calls the race he’s really good. I think we can all agree that he’s improving a little bit every week.

The booth just seems to be missing a lot of the action this year. God forbid Storytime with Ricky get overshadowed by the actual race......
Knew it'd be a long year without emig in there.

You can actually feel the pain every week though.

It's like they're missing their third wheel that actually made things run smoothly.
8tensolutions
3/24/2019 12:59am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 1:01am
slipdog wrote:

That about sum it up?
This ^^^^

Not to mention the rulebook clearly states accelerates or gains an advantage and he did both. Both calls tonight were legit and supported by the rulebook.
8tensolutions
3/24/2019 1:02am
slipdog wrote:

That about sum it up?
brapgod69 wrote:
Jorgensen got pushed off the track while ahead of the other guy. Technically, he didn’t gain any positions. Completely different than Webb’s scenario last week. But...
Its not about gaining a "position", but gaining an "advantage", which he did.
ledger
3/24/2019 1:03am
Carmichael should replace Gallagher.
DFWracefan
3/24/2019 1:57am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 1:58am
I was thinking that the “Racer Ricky” mentality coming out....he knocked me off the track and I am not going to let him get away with that......

Would have been better for the rider to give up the spot and return the favor and punt him in the next corner.
Jasper125
3/24/2019 5:24am
Lets say Jorgensen lets him by and has to make a aggresive blockpass for the last spot. Retaliation automatic DQ
BikerScars
3/24/2019 6:17am
What exactly is the rule about "acceleration" off tract? Seems awfully ambiguous. Are you supposed to idle?

He was ahead when he went off the track.
3/24/2019 6:23am
drt410 wrote:
He got block passed... you dont get to use getting block passed as your shot to rip down a straight away skipping all obstacles and rip...
He got block passed... you dont get to use getting block passed as your shot to rip down a straight away skipping all obstacles and rip on the track in front of the guy who took you wide. Correct call. Webb barellllly friggin tapped a tough block n saved it... correct call. Marv jumps on a red cross and even kenny said he saw it so he backed off... correct call. So everything was correct, so u all can stfu now...
EABOD
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
3/24/2019 6:26am
I was surprised by Ricky's reaction. Looked like the most cut and dry "gassing it off the track to get my position back" I've ever seen.
3/24/2019 6:33am
ledger wrote:
Have to be better at that than commentating right? Haha
brapgod69
3/24/2019 7:20am
The question is whether he accelerated off-course, which the rule says clearly you may not. His speed going past those obstacles was definitely higher than when...
The question is whether he accelerated off-course, which the rule says clearly you may not. His speed going past those obstacles was definitely higher than when he was hard on the brakes out of that corner.
They need to reevaluate the entire rule book lol. I see what you’re saying though. Would’ve been smart for Jorgensen to roll in right behind him and attempt to pass him again. This scenerio is just weird because he was in front of the other guy before getting pushed off the track.
Harry_Gray
3/24/2019 7:30am
ledger wrote:
RC certainly couldn't do any worse.

Post a reply to: Ricky - “100% a bad call”

The Latest