New Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2021 2:48 AM

I am thoroughly impressed with his performance so far this year in just about every way. Developing the new bike, his starts, his consistency. Where are the people who said he was finished? 🤔 Him and Brayton are showing this new Honda is very good for them. Friese not so much lol

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

2/3/2021 2:59 AM

ROCZEN's speed and stamina are on point, the best Kenny after his big injury.cool

|

2/3/2021 3:07 AM

I genuinely believe that if he hadn't had his accidents which led to his illness he would be one of the all time greats already. Of course coulda woulda shoulda, but he's displaying the same skill, speed, and consistency he has every other year but without being held back by illness/injury etc. I really hope he gets this title, he's earned it...

|

2/3/2021 3:17 AM

26 in his prime n time to shine.

|

2/3/2021 3:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 3:38 AM

Looking great and I want him or Eli to win (or anyone but Cooper Webb), but mentally he isn''t 100% there yet. If Webb would be right on him, I think he would crack again. I do think the last 2 wins has helped him mentally, but he isn't totally there yet.Just my opinion from the last 3-4 times Webb has passed him late in the race.

I do agree he is looking great though. Eli needs to pick it up if he wants a chance to repeat.

|

2/3/2021 4:21 AM

I don’t think it’s a new Roczen at all. He’s doing the same thing he did during his outdoor c-ship in ‘16; sprint hard at the beginning, then manage the gap for the remainder. Obviously that’s easier said than done, but it’s proven to work for him before.

|

2/3/2021 4:23 AM

Sully wrote:

I don’t think it’s a new Roczen at all. He’s doing the same thing he did during his outdoor c-ship in ‘16; sprint hard at the ...more

🤔

|

2/3/2021 4:41 AM

Im well chuffed for Kenny! But gutted he's doing it on a Honda. That said, its good to show KTM that they don't 'own' the sport I guess.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/3/2021 4:44 AM

In 5 races he has 2 wins. Likely has a 3rd if not for Deano, and wasn't far behind Bam Bam the first race of the season. He's put himself in positions to get race wins. Definitely in the drivers seat at this point.

|

2018 CRF250R

2/3/2021 4:52 AM

Definitely impressive. He should have at least 3 wins out of these 5 races. Actually I think he was the best guy at round 1 as well - just didn't want to risk the passes on Barcia.

Tomac looks good as well though. He was the fastest yesterday for several laps before he caught up to Barcia.

|

2/3/2021 4:52 AM

He has been on his game for sure. Really like to see how he does if he gets a mid pack start, has to chase down the top 3-4 guys and make passes. That seems to be his struggle at time. Last couple of races he has figured out the late race push. Last year he got picked off a few times after a big lead with a couple to go. Seems to be hammering down all the way to the checkers! Great for KR!

|

2/3/2021 4:55 AM

I’m not sure why people count him out. Outdoors 2019 he was actually really good..red plate til FL health issues kicked in but still showed he could win with cooler weather. Sx 2020 he was red plate til Daytona..health issues again. Really just needed to get his body right. And so far this year we’re seeing that taking off outdoors and healing properly is helping him a ton. I bet it was hard mentally as well knowing he has the speed and bike to win but his body is limiting him. Imagine if Kenny didn’t lose those 7 points this year

|

2/3/2021 4:56 AM

Also..was anyone else scared when KR passed bam bam? I thought he was getting punted 100%

|

2/3/2021 5:11 AM

If he is smart he has raced his last outdoor national.

|

2/3/2021 5:17 AM

By the way did anyone else catch this?

Heat
Photo

Main
Photo

|

2/3/2021 6:25 AM

Yeah he turned left hard in heat across Kenny, and Kenny returned favour of squeezing him in main

|

2/3/2021 6:41 AM

He should have a huge lead right now. If I’m Kenny and I know there is 4 Daytona like tracks this year I am trying to stack wins now. He needs these wins badly for a cushion IMO.

|

2/3/2021 6:45 AM

Park Boys wrote:

He should have a huge lead right now. If I’m Kenny and I know there is 4 Daytona like tracks this year I am trying to stack ...more

I wouldn’t assume Atl will be just like Daytona. The soil/sand is what makes Daytona Daytona. Atl could just be a long supercross track which doesn’t really matter since it’s a timed race and not laps.

|

2/3/2021 7:26 AM

mx_phreek wrote:

Yeah he turned left hard in heat across Kenny, and Kenny returned favour of squeezing him in main

To me it looks Kenny just held the line. If you draw a line from the gate to where he is it is straight like an arrow.
#10 Brayton squeezed him a bit.

|

2/3/2021 7:43 AM

Nice riding Ken!
I haven’t seen anyone smash corners that hard in a good minute.

|

2/3/2021 7:59 AM

It was an amazing race.
And i liked the finish line whip.

|

2/3/2021 8:04 AM

Sully wrote:

I don’t think it’s a new Roczen at all. He’s doing the same thing he did during his outdoor c-ship in ‘16; sprint hard at the ...more

2017-2020?

|

2/3/2021 8:12 AM

Meet the New Boss..
Same as the Old Boss...

He's finally back in the saddle.
Again.

The way he Shares The Stoke is how I can tell "he's got this". That is the best part of all of this, fo me.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/3/2021 8:19 AM

timobijnen84 wrote:

It was an amazing race.
And i liked the finish line whip.

Yeah, that whip was dagnasty.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/3/2021 8:21 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Definitely impressive. He should have at least 3 wins out of these 5 races. Actually I think he was the best guy at round 1 as ...more

Speaking of round 1, remember when someone said he was playing the long game by not punting Barcia? It sure helped him last night. JB raced him hard but didn't do anything rough when Ken went by. He definitely put more mustard on the game with Eli late in the race.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/3/2021 9:07 AM

It was funny seeing all the Webb nut huggers come out and call Roczen a choke artist and whatever else and then it’s Webb choking right now.

Just hope Kenny can maintain his health the whole season because it seems like that’s what’s been the issue the last couple years. It would be phenomenal if he pulled it off this year.

|

2/3/2021 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 9:08 AM

Double tap.

|

2/3/2021 9:24 AM

This is not a "new" Ken... he's just back at his full potential again.

Lovin it. Want him and a few other "veterans" (like Marv and Barcia) to get their title before their career is over.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/3/2021 9:30 AM

Marvin’s ship sailed when Webb won unfortunately

|

2/3/2021 10:15 AM

Kenny has been riding awesome so far this season, by far the fastest and most consistent thus the points lead. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain this throughout the rest of the season, as well as how much more Tomac has in the tank to challenge him.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D