NBC coverage. Is it worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2011 12:43 PM

Seems like all the coverage on NBC is about 50% commercials or infomercial type interviews. Is really worth having the NBC coverage if you can't watch the racing.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

8/13/2011 12:44 PM

Better than nothing.

|

8/13/2011 12:45 PM

No it's not worth it. I'd much rather get my race updates from Twitter..

|

8/13/2011 12:46 PM

it gets MX in the main stream which will only make it continue to grow and get better coverage.

|

8/13/2011 12:47 PM

I'm lost w/o the expert opinions of jamie bestwick.

|

8/13/2011 12:49 PM

RRsis17 wrote:

it gets MX in the main stream which will only make it continue to grow and get better coverage.

x2

|

Enter my Weekly Fantasy Series here: Weekly Fantasy SX Series
Enter my Full Season Fantasy Series here: Full Season Fantasy SX Series

8/13/2011 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2011 12:56 PM

as long as they get a Barcia/Dungey interview with a WTF!....I'm good.

|

Sometimes, Gravity just sucks.

8/13/2011 1:00 PM

patrickadizzle wrote:

Better than nothing.

Right on , better than nothing, beggars can't be choosers.

|

8/13/2011 1:00 PM

Some where out there a kid who hates music lessons just said fuck it Im going to make motocross my life. Yes. He/she was worth it.

|

8/13/2011 1:01 PM

They invented a new sport...commercialcross.

|

xbox one: th3mup
steamid: hea†hen

8/13/2011 1:03 PM

RRsis17 wrote:

Good coverage in the main stream would strengthen the sport. I just question the benefit of the coverage if it is so disjointed and commercial filled that the viewer gets frustrated. Does it really need to break away to rc cars being driven in the pits during the last three laps while barcia and dungey are contesting position? Good coverage would help the sport, coverage that looks like streaming commercials will only drive viewers away. Just a thought.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

8/13/2011 1:07 PM

Just who the hell made up the schedule? Two weeks off....back for a week...then another week off.. WTH? Any other sports have this wack schedule??

|

If only those who knew less didn't always think they knew better.

8/13/2011 1:12 PM

They are showing soccer in the Seattle area, so I wish would have had something to watch the 2nd moto on.

|

8/13/2011 1:12 PM

It was good stuff!

Emig and weege were on it.

|

8/13/2011 1:13 PM

Of course it's worth it, it gets the sport out there more. I only get to see it on TV when it is on NBC as I don't get Fuel or SPEED. Much better than watching on my 21 inch pc monitor.

|

8/13/2011 1:20 PM

It was loaded with commercials but slightly improved.
No Bestwick = much less annoying, split screen for replay = awesome, No split screen for Traxxis nonsense infomercial= suck ass!

|

8/13/2011 1:55 PM

Yeah it could be better but it is worth it. I hope as the viewing audience goes up coverage will improve. It would be great to get the 1st moto's on. It seems to me like the best racing always goes on in the first moto.

|

8/13/2011 1:58 PM

I hate it when they cut to some interview or side line when the race is going on. In something like NASCAR it's ok because it's a long race, but com'on we miss a lot while they are dickin around with that shit.

|

8/13/2011 2:36 PM

NBC = Need Better Coverage!

|

8/13/2011 2:41 PM

kwhite199 wrote:

NBC = Need Better Coverage!

X 2.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

8/13/2011 2:47 PM

You guys must all be too young to remember Wide World of Sports coverage of the USGP at Carlsbad. It was THE only moto on TV back in the day. It was also on 6 months after the race. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

8/13/2011 2:50 PM

captmoto wrote:

You guys must all be too young to remember Wide World of Sports coverage of the USGP at Carlsbad. It was THE only moto on TV ...more

Nope I remember those days, we didn't have cable, satellite TV, cellphones or internet then either.

|

8/13/2011 2:53 PM

captmoto wrote:

You guys must all be too young to remember Wide World of Sports coverage of the USGP at Carlsbad. It was THE only moto on TV ...more

Hut wrote:

Nope I remember those days, we didn't have cable, satellite TV, cellphones or internet then either.

It wasn't sponsored by some pussy energy drink either. It was cigarette's or beer back then!laughing

|

8/13/2011 3:01 PM

""It wasn't sponsored by some pussy energy drink either. It was cigarette's or beer back then!""" LOL I will go with that.

|

Baby Zoomer

8/13/2011 4:21 PM

Our local affiliate KING5 played played Magic schoolbus, Babar, Animal exploration with Jerod Miller and
teen kid news, instead of AMA Pro Motocross.

amazing

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

8/13/2011 5:11 PM

captmoto wrote:

You must be to old to remember only had 3 TV stations, at that time. Now we have 3 times that many stations, that just show sports.

|

8/13/2011 5:34 PM

captmoto wrote:

Hut wrote:

The lead in was great. The coverage was ok. The commercials excessive but paid the bills and then some.

The worst thing (as always) was the footage. Hills you can't walk up looked like 8ft slants filmed from above.
Why? Why? Why can't someone teach the film crews how to capture motocross? The casual fan knows more than these major network film crews? How is this possible and why would Mxsports allow it?

No way the sport is going to impress new viewers on major tv the way they film it. Looks like a 35 rider trail ride. Boring.

Get the camera guys on the ground. Get the cameras at ankle level for the hills and jumps. Burn the scissor lifts and zoom lenses. You think the casual viewer cares who wins? They want entertainment. Show the damn sport like it feels if you attend.

How hard is that? More importantly why does nobody care?

|

8/13/2011 5:41 PM

captmoto wrote:

Hut wrote:

Mstock wrote:

The lead in was great. The coverage was ok. The commercials excessive but paid the bills and then some.

The worst thing (as ...more

I agree they need more ground level footage, I also think more helmet cam footage of the guys in the heat of battle would be great.

|

8/13/2011 5:46 PM

NBC=Nothing But Commercials

|

8/13/2011 5:48 PM

Somehow the "be glad you have what you have" argument doesn't work for me. It strives to meet the standards of mediocrity.

What about the addage: Anything worth doing is worth doing well? There's something to shoot for.

|