Forum Moderation Complaint Department

MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
2/26/2020 12:12pm
motogrady wrote:
Went to a motocross forum today, and an English seminar broke out.
Philosophy, actually. To a philosopher, your comment is mildly insulting. Tongue
Motodave15
2/26/2020 12:15pm
Dictatorship Rule,

Can we instaclick a person for starting a sentence with "im not a fan of"

We all ride or have ridden moto and should be a fan of everybody who throws a leg over bike to go racing...

That is all
2/26/2020 1:48pm
Can’t there be a feature where posts with massive downvotes and (almost) no upvotes would be weeded out automatically? Kinda like Reddit does.

The Shop

2/26/2020 2:09pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Can’t there be a feature where posts with massive downvotes and (almost) no upvotes would be weeded out automatically? Kinda like Reddit does.
Is there a prize for the most down votes in a season, who has the Red plate so far?
mx216
2/26/2020 2:38pm
TxGuy wrote:
last I'll say on it - I know that the mods do their thing based on a quick assessment of the situation/comment. I know I speak...
last I'll say on it - I know that the mods do their thing based on a quick assessment of the situation/comment. I know I speak for many if instead of just clipping posts/users...they'd take the 10 secs to say WHY they are doing so. It would at least give users a sense of understanding to what is going on.

this won't happen, but there ya have it.
This isnt directed at you directly but, pretty much act/speak like you would if you were face to face to with someone and both of your moms were standing there. In other words, just use some judgement on what people may find offensive and what they may not based on some common sense and steer yourself with that in mind. If people just used a little bit of thought before they go apeshit on the keyboard, you wouldn't even need to worry about being kicked, making it a moot point for a timeout explanation. A little bit of common sense goes a long way, and you can make a fool out of someone by being nice to them too. It's not bad to have an opinion, even one that is vastly different than the majority, but expressing them properly is the key to success. Just my couple of cents tossed in.
TDeath21
2/26/2020 2:52pm
Hmm I think you should be a bit stricter on people going into threads and calling anyone who disagrees with them a fucking idiot (or some variation). Not saying ever permanently ban for that but definitely a day or two timeout would be fair unless they are continuous repeat offenders.
Sully
2/26/2020 3:20pm
TxGuy wrote:
last I'll say on it - I know that the mods do their thing based on a quick assessment of the situation/comment. I know I speak...
last I'll say on it - I know that the mods do their thing based on a quick assessment of the situation/comment. I know I speak for many if instead of just clipping posts/users...they'd take the 10 secs to say WHY they are doing so. It would at least give users a sense of understanding to what is going on.

Or, you could just not take it as a personal insult, and move on with life...
Neverclear
2/26/2020 3:42pm
alphado wrote:
[img]https://yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/presspartyfest3.jpg[/img]
Good times there Alph...
Silas444
2/26/2020 4:06pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Dictatorship Rule, Can we instaclick a person for starting a sentence with "im not a fan of" We all ride or have ridden moto and should...
Dictatorship Rule,

Can we instaclick a person for starting a sentence with "im not a fan of"

We all ride or have ridden moto and should be a fan of everybody who throws a leg over bike to go racing...

That is all
Uhhhh - Victor Popenko, like you and I, was a motocross racer, but he was not a very easy man to like. The dirt may bind us together, yes, but that doesn't mean overtly dirty riding can't at tear the tie that binds. True then, true now, true always.
Camp332
2/26/2020 5:53pm
Boomslang wrote:
Where is my Vital shirt?
I have a size L, but it's too snug Bro. I'll sell it to you for three.
GIwasB4
2/26/2020 8:55pm
I'm just glad Newmann is back. Bro crush.
Thuggery
2/26/2020 10:01pm
I’ve been lurking for a bit.
Saw this and signed up to say
Free Lenny!
KDXGarage
2/27/2020 12:17am
It seems that very few topics that are in the wrong subforum get moved. Threads that are started in Moto-Related, but should have been in "Old School Moto", "non-moto" or "for sale / bizarre" seem to hardly ever get moved.

I have seen more than one thread where the OP stated, "I put this in here so it gets more attention" or something to that effect.
2/27/2020 1:58am
It’d be nice to post a comment and get only one email saying someone had responded, instead of 100. Don’t know how hard technically? Just a thought.
And I have been at fault but the “I visited a fight and a mx forum broke out” is an issue. Dunno how to stop that one.
And here’s the sting. Australians love throwing shit at each other, we think it’s funny. It keeps us grounded. It brings us together. It’s called being mates.
Love this forum!
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
2/27/2020 2:05am
well i might jump the gun on this1, but better safe than sorry

#FreeJeffro
kkawboy14
2/27/2020 5:05am
Non biased?

I’m not sure I have ever read a claim here that stated “welcome to Vitalmx, we are unbiased!” 😀
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/27/2020 7:48am
It’d be nice to post a comment and get only one email saying someone had responded, instead of 100. Don’t know how hard technically? Just a...
It’d be nice to post a comment and get only one email saying someone had responded, instead of 100. Don’t know how hard technically? Just a thought.
And I have been at fault but the “I visited a fight and a mx forum broke out” is an issue. Dunno how to stop that one.
And here’s the sting. Australians love throwing shit at each other, we think it’s funny. It keeps us grounded. It brings us together. It’s called being mates.
Love this forum!
If you're getting emails everytime someone posts in a thread and want it to stop, do the following:

1- Click the menu in the top left corner
2- Select Profile Manager
3- Select Manage Notifications
4- Go to the very bottom of the page where it says Manage Subscriptions

If there's any thread names listed, check them off, and then click stop. You'll stop receiving emails for everytime someone posts a reply.
toroP
2/27/2020 10:14am
Someone needs to moderate the shit out of this thread.
Buzzard167
2/27/2020 10:28am
Might as well change the title to politics/race/religion containment thread.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/27/2020 12:13pm
TxGuy wrote:

You can factor in posting history, too.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/27/2020 12:34pm
toroP wrote:
Someone needs to moderate the shit out of this thread.
Someone just did. Like I told him in an email, I was out shooting our off-road bike shootout yesterday, and am on the way to Atlanta today. Posting pic of examples from political or potentially racist threads isn’t the best way to get them handled. A PM or email is a lot better idea.
jeffro503
2/27/2020 12:41pm
I never said I got offended by either of those two pics. In fact , my darker side of humor thinks they are both funny. My point was......you can't just get offended by one them. You are either offended by both , or laugh at both. Both equally offensive and funny , and that's where the difference lies.
jeffro503
2/27/2020 12:44pm
Steve , did I get in trouble for bringing that up? I thought we were in this thread to discuss these very issues. I never intended to make anyone mad , as I was just trying to understand.
jeffro503
2/27/2020 12:45pm
Again , sorry if I was in the wrong.
2/27/2020 12:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I never said I got offended by either of those two pics. In fact , my darker side of humor thinks they are both funny. My...
I never said I got offended by either of those two pics. In fact , my darker side of humor thinks they are both funny. My point was......you can't just get offended by one them. You are either offended by both , or laugh at both. Both equally offensive and funny , and that's where the difference lies.
your point wasn't unclear, it's just that you don't get to decide who is offended by what, and not just because you show you're incapable of understanding history and context.
TxGuy
2/27/2020 12:58pm
TxGuy wrote:

GuyB wrote:
You can factor in posting history, too.
even THAT explanation would be better than nothing. Let's try it for a week. Deal? Deal.

Post a reply to: Forum Moderation Complaint Department

The Latest