Forum Moderation Complaint Department

DKmxFAN
2/25/2020 5:39pm
Can I say something... some or all of us listen to matthes! With that being said he’s a badass dude with no filter! He don’t hide anything or give two shits what anyone thinks, I personally love that. So why is vital so hesitant on stuff? God forbid we offend someone! Ps guy b Steve and I have different political views but he’s gnarly, that’s what the people want.
brlatm
2/25/2020 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 5:42pm
GuyB wrote:
Look at the message above Grant's comment. Should be pretty self-explanatory.
What was the offense in the post? Having an opinion? Isn't that what forums are for? Don't we all do those on here in some context?

How is Chad Reed going to do this year?

How is AC9 going to do after he heals up?

See those are asking for an opinion, sure Jim is a member of the moto community, so shouldn't he get criticized for some of his stuff too without banning the person having an opinion on him?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/25/2020 5:42pm
dalshire21 wrote:
I see nothing triggering above Grant's comment. The worst thing I see is that he expressed his opinion and called the guy a "dolt"... by definition...
I see nothing triggering above Grant's comment. The worst thing I see is that he expressed his opinion and called the guy a "dolt"... by definition that means "a dull person". I mean how many times did Jim call Lorenzo Locurcio by the name "La-crease-o"?

How about this guy using these words and gets off scott free. Do people even get warnings or is it black and white, on and off, binary. If a thread is offensive why not just delete the thread?
I missed that. Stillwelding's comments aren't cool...but I'd also need more context. I also didn't get an email complaining about it. Instead drifto got the chance to continue his Holley rant.

Looking at the time stamp, it also looks like it was during race time...or just before. I was working on Pit Bits, not playing admin.

I'm not sure if you're drifto (though I see you're in close proximity). How about a link to the rest of the thread?

The Shop

plowboy
2/25/2020 5:43pm
GuyB wrote:
Have at it. Get it off your chest. Wink
BobbyM wrote:
Nuthin but a bunch of mouthbreathing spermbearded cumchugglers on here anymore.
But you knew that.... 😬😂
I'm so offended by this comment. I think I'm suffering from PTSD. All peg legged people should be banned from the board cause they're so mean.WoohooSilly
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/25/2020 5:44pm
GuyB wrote:
brlatm wrote:
What was the offense in the post? Having an opinion? Isn't that what forums are for? Don't we all do those on here in some context...
What was the offense in the post? Having an opinion? Isn't that what forums are for? Don't we all do those on here in some context?

See those are asking for an opinion, sure Jim is a member of the moto community, so shouldn't he get criticized for some of his stuff too without banning the person having an opinion on him?

Having an opinion is one thing. Having it in a reasonable manner is another. In my estimation, the comments on Holley are about two steps beyond the line.
DKmxFAN
2/25/2020 5:45pm
plowboy wrote:
I really don't recall any threads or users getting clipped that weren't for pretty obvious reasons. I got a time out for contributing some ignorance in...
I really don't recall any threads or users getting clipped that weren't for pretty obvious reasons. I got a time out for contributing some ignorance in a thread that got stupid. Nowadays, if I see a thread has already got some smelly stuff in it...I just move along. I know fly paper when I see itWoohoo
Don’t speak your mind here... you’ll be cut off
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/25/2020 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 5:50pm
Ok, I got one...
Not necessarily a moderation problem, but still seems to come up often with no solution
Although I have no problem with getting or sending PM’s, there is a lot of people that do...

It would be a bonus to be able to access previous PM’s, as there is no way to do so, that I know of. Correct me if I’m wrong !

I think a lot of people sign up with Vital with an email they no longer use. This is a problem for many on here.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/25/2020 5:49pm
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Jim-Holley-Commentating,…

This is the thread where I put drifto in timeout. I will admit that I should have deleted Stillwelding's comment at the time as well (it's now deleted). As for drifto, though, it was just going to be a timeout. I was going to unlock his account sometime this week before Atlanta and notify him at that time.
APLMAN99
2/25/2020 6:01pm
GD2 wrote:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Jim-Holley-Commentating,1372363 This is the thread where I put drifto in timeout. I will admit that I should have deleted Stillwelding's comment at the time as well...

This is the thread where I put drifto in timeout. I will admit that I should have deleted Stillwelding's comment at the time as well (it's now deleted). As for drifto, though, it was just going to be a timeout. I was going to unlock his account sometime this week before Atlanta and notify him at that time.
Sounds like he's already hooked up with a new account......
plowboy
2/25/2020 6:06pm
plowboy wrote:
I really don't recall any threads or users getting clipped that weren't for pretty obvious reasons. I got a time out for contributing some ignorance in...
I really don't recall any threads or users getting clipped that weren't for pretty obvious reasons. I got a time out for contributing some ignorance in a thread that got stupid. Nowadays, if I see a thread has already got some smelly stuff in it...I just move along. I know fly paper when I see itWoohoo
DKmxFAN wrote:
Don’t speak your mind here... you’ll be cut off
True, if your mind tells you to spew hate and discord...you'll get targeted and rightly so. If you say, "I'm not a fan of this or that"...you are cool. If you say, "I hate"....chances are you are headed down the wrong road. I once replied in a bike theft thread that, "I hate fucking thieves". Gibby replied, "Then stop fucking them". He was just being snarky about my poor grammar but it made me think about my verbiage. My point is...think before you speak.
SEEMEFIRST
2/25/2020 6:14pm
XMuttX wrote:
Cliff notes?
Isn't it "Cliff's notes"?
I think removing the apostrophe is accepted now, but it still needs the "S".

A little Falconism.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/25/2020 6:15pm
GD2 wrote:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Jim-Holley-Commentating,1372363 This is the thread where I put drifto in timeout. I will admit that I should have deleted Stillwelding's comment at the time as well...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Sounds like he's already hooked up with a new account......
Yeah. If that new account is him (I haven't looked into it, but it sounds like GuyB took a gander), then he won't be coming back at all.
TxGuy
2/25/2020 6:23pm
GuyB wrote:
Correct. And you're getting far more explanation on the how and why than in the past. That was the purpose of this. Maybe you can learn...
Correct. And you're getting far more explanation on the how and why than in the past. That was the purpose of this. Maybe you can learn something in here.
Sure thing. Ignore the criticism. Seems to be working fine.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/25/2020 6:27pm
langhammx wrote:
Ok, I got one... Not necessarily a moderation problem, but still seems to come up often with no solution Although I have no problem with getting...
Ok, I got one...
Not necessarily a moderation problem, but still seems to come up often with no solution
Although I have no problem with getting or sending PM’s, there is a lot of people that do...

It would be a bonus to be able to access previous PM’s, as there is no way to do so, that I know of. Correct me if I’m wrong !

I think a lot of people sign up with Vital with an email they no longer use. This is a problem for many on here.
In the early days, we didn’t require email validation, but it’s been in place for many years now.

All PMs are sent via email. They don’t exist on the site, so you’re right...your results will vary depending on how up to date you (or your recipient’s) email address is.
DKmxFAN
2/25/2020 6:29pm
We can all agree on one thing... deans dean!
BAMX
2/25/2020 6:30pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Bring back Big Lenny, please.
Is it time for his yearly or bi-yearly parole? If so, we should have an official pool on how long he can hold it together.
motogrady
2/25/2020 6:30pm
Eh. This place works. I wouldn’t change much in how it’s run. You can’t argue with success.
Anyone doesn’t get that, it costa about $250 to open a site. See how easy it is.
Ted722
2/25/2020 6:31pm
The complaint department’s still open for business at 6:30 PST? Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/25/2020 6:32pm
TxGuy wrote:
Sure thing. Ignore the criticism. Seems to be working fine.
I’m not not ignoring it. It’s just not getting the result that you want. You have your opinion in how things work (or should work), and I have mine.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
2/25/2020 6:34pm
Please add a real search function!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/25/2020 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 6:38pm
GuyB wrote:
brlatm wrote:
What was the offense in the post? Having an opinion? Isn't that what forums are for? Don't we all do those on here in some context...

GuyB wrote:
Having an opinion is one thing. Having it in a reasonable manner is another. In my estimation, the comments on Holley are about two steps beyond...
Having an opinion is one thing. Having it in a reasonable manner is another. In my estimation, the comments on Holley are about two steps beyond the line.
Hollywood Holley is a GOD!!
APLMAN99
2/25/2020 6:42pm
brlatm wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Having an opinion is one thing. Having it in a reasonable manner is another. In my estimation, the comments on Holley are about two steps beyond...
lostboy819 wrote:
Hollywood Holley is a GOD!! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/25/406727/s1200_6328341503_16e30bb576_o.jpg[/img]
Hollywood Holley is a GOD!!

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/25/2020 6:44pm
I am trying to find the pic where he is pancaking the 1980 YZ125
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/25/2020 6:46pm
DKmxFAN wrote:
Can I say something... some or all of us listen to matthes! With that being said he’s a badass dude with no filter! He don’t hide...
Can I say something... some or all of us listen to matthes! With that being said he’s a badass dude with no filter! He don’t hide anything or give two shits what anyone thinks, I personally love that. So why is vital so hesitant on stuff? God forbid we offend someone! Ps guy b Steve and I have different political views but he’s gnarly, that’s what the people want.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Every place has a different style. But this isn’t Pulp MX.
2/25/2020 6:48pm
kb228 wrote:
Im mad suzuki is sealing their own coffin from a lack of keeping up with their competitors.
You live in a small world my man...Suzuki is just fine! I assure you....
DKmxFAN
2/25/2020 7:00pm
DKmxFAN wrote:
Can I say something... some or all of us listen to matthes! With that being said he’s a badass dude with no filter! He don’t hide...
GuyB wrote:
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Every place has a different style. But this isn’t Pulp MX.
True but people respect that... just saying
Rupert X
2/25/2020 7:03pm
More wagging. Less barking. Everyone. Please .

bvm111
2/25/2020 7:04pm
I think we should encourage and reinvigorate the usage of bears to self regulate.... here are few oldies but goodies to get us started!

Post a reply to: Forum Moderation Complaint Department

The Latest