Milestone | Monster Energy Supercross 5

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2022 5:43pm
|
gt757
11/18/2021 9:29am
Finally an excitebike 64 type Jump creator!
early
Fantasy
2231st
11/18/2021 10:42am
Yadda yadda yadda... I already canceled my pre-order Laughing

The Shop

jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
11/18/2021 10:50am
I’ve bought them all except #1 and I’ll take mxgp over this every day. I just can’t get the jumps lined up,,either to long or way to short.
TannerMxer
11/18/2021 11:15am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Too bad the actual gameplay and controlling the bike and rider is total dog shit.

Seriously, 2021 and they're still using preset animations for a "scrub" GTFO
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
11/18/2021 11:16am
Monster Energy Supercross The Game: RECYCLED

Not mad, I get it. They have a contract to produce every year, understandable. But ahhhh.. Wouldn't it be nice to have a new game..
Lastander
11/18/2021 12:02pm
Wow that looked like flaming hot mess..

I mean what the fuck, the gameplay looks worse each year
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
11/18/2021 12:12pm
I know when I rip on the weekends, I can't wait to lean into a corner, crank the front end to the stops and shred a berm with only my from wheel. So siick
11/18/2021 12:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
Too bad the actual gameplay and controlling the bike and rider is total dog shit. Seriously, 2021 and they're still using preset animations for a "scrub"...
Too bad the actual gameplay and controlling the bike and rider is total dog shit.

Seriously, 2021 and they're still using preset animations for a "scrub" GTFO
Its like they're actively not listening to feedback on the physics. Everyone trashes the preset scrubs and whips that look awful, and they choose not to care. Even in the trailer, they actively chose to showcase a rider clumsily bouncing through a rhythm section.

This is a "speak with your wallet" kind of deal, and I don't think they'll be hearing from mine this time around.
Hank_Thrill
11/18/2021 12:16pm
I only have the MX Supercross first edition. I also bought 2020 MXGP and have played that more now I have an X-box. Are the new SX games more like MXGP physics wise? I love the MXGP games, just since nailing corners is more difficult than nailing rhythm sections in the SX games.
Kyle978
11/18/2021 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2021 11:50pm
Maybe I am the minority, but I really like these games. I'll buy this one and play the shit out of it just like I have the last 4.

My recommendation is to try the game with the advanced physics, separate front and rear brake, and manual transmission. It's a little tougher at first, but those settings allow you to play a lot more realistically.

I end up accumulating a fair amount of time on these games because I rarely watch TV/Netflix/YouTube etc. I usually play in the 9pm-11pm time frame to wind down before I go sleep. I only ever play online and it's a riot, you can have some great battles. My buddies and I create private rooms and play the track we've built. Sometimes it's fun to have the collisions on so it's a take-out fest, sometimes it's fun to have collisions off so you can really see who's the fastest and most consistent.

Flame on, but most people who don't like this game also fucking suck at it.
ldnbmx
11/19/2021 8:05am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2021 8:07am
Kyle978 wrote:
Maybe I am the minority, but I really like these games. I'll buy this one and play the shit out of it just like I have...
Maybe I am the minority, but I really like these games. I'll buy this one and play the shit out of it just like I have the last 4.

My recommendation is to try the game with the advanced physics, separate front and rear brake, and manual transmission. It's a little tougher at first, but those settings allow you to play a lot more realistically.

I end up accumulating a fair amount of time on these games because I rarely watch TV/Netflix/YouTube etc. I usually play in the 9pm-11pm time frame to wind down before I go sleep. I only ever play online and it's a riot, you can have some great battles. My buddies and I create private rooms and play the track we've built. Sometimes it's fun to have the collisions on so it's a take-out fest, sometimes it's fun to have collisions off so you can really see who's the fastest and most consistent.

Ditto

If you’re ever online add me LDNBMX - all lower case on PS4. I play GMT 21:00>23:00.

I wish they’d include previous seasons tracks on each new game. SX3 had some wicked tracks, Oakland was one of my favourites.

I wish MXSim was easier to setup on Mac, but in reality it isn’t, I gave up trying about 5 years ago.
36Wheeler
11/19/2021 8:11am
I'm not sure how they've got the rider technique and movement so wrong. Have they ever seen someone ride a dirt bike before?
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
11/20/2021 7:35pm
The game has everything going for it but the gameplay & physics. A real bummer, graphic fidelity is unmatched in the category.

It just sucks they can't watch a SX race and understand how the bike should work. baffling.
js451
11/20/2021 7:50pm
I don’t like the wheelie scrub.
I love the milestone series and the work they are putting in to get better every year.
They need to release less games to take the pressure off and really focus on improving the game.
Wish they wouldn’t get so focused on track breakdown. The ruts can be there from the start as long as their fun to play. Have some tracks with ruts some without.
I am hungover that’s why I’m writing in single sentences.
kNewc
1/18/2022 8:21am
Kyle978 wrote:
Maybe I am the minority, but I really like these games. I'll buy this one and play the shit out of it just like I have...

Along with advanced physics/brakes..if you switch it to FPV I believe it's the realest moto game to date. You can actually get your back end to swing around just like a real bike. You can also use your front/backward body momentum to gain speed and brake tap in the air. I feel like a lot of the guys that hate this game have always played 3rd person view default settings.

I too will play this shit out of this one, just like I have all the others.
Zachintosh
1/18/2022 9:38am
I also enjoy the series. The only thing that really bugs me is how low of a penalty there is for shorting jumps, which leaves a ton of room for cheaters. I hate when I have a "perfect" lap going (timing everything as I should) and someone is putting 3 seconds/lap on me by blitzing the tops of rhythm sections...
tprice07
1/18/2022 12:39pm
Zachintosh wrote:
I also enjoy the series. The only thing that really bugs me is how low of a penalty there is for shorting jumps, which leaves a...
I also enjoy the series. The only thing that really bugs me is how low of a penalty there is for shorting jumps, which leaves a ton of room for cheaters. I hate when I have a "perfect" lap going (timing everything as I should) and someone is putting 3 seconds/lap on me by blitzing the tops of rhythm sections...
If it's stewable...it's doable. I blitz every section..click it up to 5th gear and hang back!

All jokes aside, I started playing 4 a lot lately and forgot how good this game actually is. It has really progressed since it's first iterations. My one and only complaint is playing as last years riders. As someone who use to build skins for MX vs ATV Reflex I see no reason why they can't complete that portion of the game and allow the new season to be downloaded. I believe it's a licensing/contract issue but there has to be a way around it.
Motodave15
1/18/2022 12:43pm
kNewc wrote:
Along with advanced physics/brakes..if you switch it to FPV I believe it's the realest moto game to date. You can actually get your back end to...
Along with advanced physics/brakes..if you switch it to FPV I believe it's the realest moto game to date. You can actually get your back end to swing around just like a real bike. You can also use your front/backward body momentum to gain speed and brake tap in the air. I feel like a lot of the guys that hate this game have always played 3rd person view default settings.

Put some respect on the 3rd person racers names!…. I have hope for this game, however they’re missing a huge side of the sport in general…. They need to allow you to put together your own team/ with rigs/sponsors etc and allow that to be taken online. (So you and your friends can rider on the same team etc), They also need to host a series…meaning setup a automatic looping server, that runs like 10 rounds..(52 weeks in a year, so make the races run on Sunday automatically)…. Winner gets cosmetics so you know they were a champion of one of the series etc.

Organized online racing could be awesome, think Iracing but for Moto..

Anyway back to the game, I personally want milestone to just free up the lean angles and give the rear end more traction.. and more actually suspension feel.

If anybody wants to join a well organized supercross series message me, we’ve been racing on Xbox for 2 years now. And are currently going to be on round 3 this Friday night.. (races run every Friday night “10pm est/ 9pm cst /8pm pst)
Ps we run timed practice/ then heats/lcq/ then main. We have organized points and all the convo on discord etc. when mesx5 drops we’re all going over there.
kNewc
1/18/2022 12:59pm
kNewc wrote:
Along with advanced physics/brakes..if you switch it to FPV I believe it's the realest moto game to date. You can actually get your back end to...

Motodave15 wrote:
Put some respect on the 3rd person racers names!…. I have hope for this game, however they’re missing a huge side of the sport in general...
Put some respect on the 3rd person racers names!…. I have hope for this game, however they’re missing a huge side of the sport in general…. They need to allow you to put together your own team/ with rigs/sponsors etc and allow that to be taken online. (So you and your friends can rider on the same team etc), They also need to host a series…meaning setup a automatic looping server, that runs like 10 rounds..(52 weeks in a year, so make the races run on Sunday automatically)…. Winner gets cosmetics so you know they were a champion of one of the series etc.

Organized online racing could be awesome, think Iracing but for Moto..

Anyway back to the game, I personally want milestone to just free up the lean angles and give the rear end more traction.. and more actually suspension feel.

If anybody wants to join a well organized supercross series message me, we’ve been racing on Xbox for 2 years now. And are currently going to be on round 3 this Friday night.. (races run every Friday night “10pm est/ 9pm cst /8pm pst)
Ps we run timed practice/ then heats/lcq/ then main. We have organized points and all the convo on discord etc. when mesx5 drops we’re all going over there.
Have a website or FB Group? I did Havok racing for awhile but those guys were ridiculously good (and it was their own custom tracks).

I agree with lean angle, suspension, and I believe free-ing up the whips. Although honestly the whips look and "feel" normal in FPV but do look somewhat poor in 3rd person. The newest version made whips/scrubs pretty difficult to get right during difficult sections and that has been nice.

The rear-wheel traction is difficult. In some of the flat/long turns you would be going un-realistically fast depending on your traction (which I believe is why they made you pretty much "drift" turns at times). However it makes it feel like MX Reflex at times which is nice lol
Moto520
1/18/2022 1:08pm
Guys....i have MES 4 after coming off of MES 3. To play multi-player online....do i have to earn a set amount of points or anything like that to have my bike be competitive?

Or.....can i just start playing and i'm good to go with the multi-player mode?

I have been playing part 3 and it's fun as hell. How is part 4? Similar?
Motodave15
1/18/2022 1:19pm
Here is the link to join our discord for the series.. we mainly race custom tracks but the guys have been recreating the new supercross tracks and we race those …we’re skipping racing San diego sx for a custom track because it doesn’t race well on the game. (Get spread out and same timing with jumps for everyone etc) https://discord.gg/cqPHAshX
Front242
1/18/2022 2:20pm
no date yet and not for PC.....haha no thx
Talon
Fantasy
121st
1/18/2022 2:55pm
jjavaman wrote:
I’ve bought them all except #1 and I’ll take mxgp over this every day. I just can’t get the jumps lined up,,either to long or way...
I’ve bought them all except #1 and I’ll take mxgp over this every day. I just can’t get the jumps lined up,,either to long or way to short.
Bike physics are way better in MXGP as well.
Mr. Afterbar
1/18/2022 3:03pm
I actually prefer the MESX games to the MXGP games. MXGP isn't as intense or technical. Kind of gets boring quick. The one thing I can't stand about these games though is the online multiplayer. The voting screens take way too long. The list is not accurate on whether a room is voting, racing, etc. Plus there just isn't many people playing online. I often find myself skipping out on these MX games for something like COD because I don't have a lot of time to play and don't want to spend half of it on loading and voting screens.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
1/18/2022 3:17pm
I miss the days of new moto games having new stuff in them! They can’t even update gear in this game.
AH387
1/19/2022 6:49am
I have a few of the SX and MXGP games. I just got the new Xbox for Christmas so I'd like to have a dirtbike game for the newer gaming system. But it's just hard to spend the $ on the same game over and over. The worst part is, at least on NHL or something, when you buy the new game, they have all of the players on their new teams etc. And then there is a roster update, which helps keep the game current for the year. I think for SX it's kind of ridiculous that it comes out in March, when the SX season is almost over. And then you get it and half of the riders are on old teams/bikes etc. So you don't even get the current riders and they game is really no different from the previous year. So what is the point? It's just a bad model, in my opinion. They need to rethink some things. And like others have mentioned, the gameplay itself does have some issues. The physics are still off, on certain things (scrubbing for sure.) I hate to complain but I think they are valid complaints.

Post a reply to: Milestone | Monster Energy Supercross 5

The Latest