MXDN Quali Bench Racing

kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
9/27/2014 9:05pm
One thing that I don`t like is that there are no National team pits. Everyone is pitted under factory tents. Tomac at Honda, Dungey at KTM on a other side of the pits.
kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
9/27/2014 9:06pm
Tomac senior cleaning Eli`s helmet.


Aaryn234
Posts
3316
Joined
8/19/2007
Location
South Australia, SA, AU
Fantasy
9/27/2014 9:07pm
I noticed that two Kongols, I have seen pictures of all the Aussies and they are all in a different pit area. Clout is running out of a pit ten and van by the looks of things.

You would think it being a Nation V Nation event the pit set up would reflect that
kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
9/27/2014 9:10pm
And we catapulted my nephew. He was pretty quiet after that, lol.




The Shop

JB479
Posts
804
Joined
1/11/2012
Location
AU
9/27/2014 9:15pm
Old Mate wrote:
Yeh in Ny boys two motos, Chad and Luke have been given 17th gate pick and Matt gets 37th pick both moto's
kongols wrote:
Matt looked real good in practice. Then I heard he went down and hurt his shoulder.
Matt looked real good in practice. Then I heard he went down and hurt his shoulder.




Old Mate wrote:
He crashed first corner and got up dead last, he had to get back to top 14 for aus to qual after Chads 14th and Luke's...
He crashed first corner and got up dead last, he had to get back to top 14 for aus to qual after Chads 14th and Luke's no pionts. So it was a very nervous ride back to 12th. His very unhappy about 37th gate pick in both his motos(lol) but ready to have a good go!
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best gate pick in the MX1/OPEN class, Moss is a better starter than chad and i think he could make better use with it. I think Reed could maybe come through the pack a bit quicker from the 37th gate pick….

Whats with Aussies and bad luck at MXON?
I just looked at the results from previous years and I'm still amazed how we didn't podium the 2 years we sent Reed/Meltcafe/Byrne….
Old Mate
Posts
2271
Joined
3/9/2009
Location
Sussex Inlet, AU
9/27/2014 9:26pm
kongols wrote:
Matt looked real good in practice. Then I heard he went down and hurt his shoulder.
Matt looked real good in practice. Then I heard he went down and hurt his shoulder.




Old Mate wrote:
He crashed first corner and got up dead last, he had to get back to top 14 for aus to qual after Chads 14th and Luke's...
He crashed first corner and got up dead last, he had to get back to top 14 for aus to qual after Chads 14th and Luke's no pionts. So it was a very nervous ride back to 12th. His very unhappy about 37th gate pick in both his motos(lol) but ready to have a good go!
JB479 wrote:
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best...
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best gate pick in the MX1/OPEN class, Moss is a better starter than chad and i think he could make better use with it. I think Reed could maybe come through the pack a bit quicker from the 37th gate pick….

Whats with Aussies and bad luck at MXON?
I just looked at the results from previous years and I'm still amazed how we didn't podium the 2 years we sent Reed/Meltcafe/Byrne….
Yeh, OZ has only ever been on the podium once. That was Chad,Matt &Metty
Derpin' DJ
Posts
6420
Joined
5/27/2011
Location
Newcastle, AU
9/27/2014 9:27pm
JB479 wrote:
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best...
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best gate pick in the MX1/OPEN class, Moss is a better starter than chad and i think he could make better use with it. I think Reed could maybe come through the pack a bit quicker from the 37th gate pick….

Whats with Aussies and bad luck at MXON?
I just looked at the results from previous years and I'm still amazed how we didn't podium the 2 years we sent Reed/Meltcafe/Byrne….
Man, I reckon we could have podiumed last year if Waters didn't have 2 first turn crashes. That was a surprisingly strong team last year, and one that I'd like to see again
9/27/2014 9:32pm
We are talking about MXDN!
Forget your statistics.Roczen smoked 2 of your national champions during the MXDN at Lakewood!
2010 MXDN - ok let's look....

1st race - Dungey scored a 1st over Cairoli and Roczen

2nd race - even the USA's Kyle Regal riding for Puerto Rico beat KR

3rd race - US 1st Dungey and 2nd Andrew Short....

MX1 + MX2
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
3. Brett Metcalfe, Australia (Honda)
4. Jonathan Barragan, Spain (Kawasaki)
5. Gautier Paulin, France (Yamaha)
6. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX2 + Open
1. Ben Townley, New Zealand (Honda)
2. Kyle Regal, Puerto Rico (Honda)
3. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX1 + Open
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Andrew Short, USA (Honda)
3. Clement Desalle, Belgium (Suzuki)
4. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
urbanlift707
Posts
1184
Joined
9/27/2006
Location
Humboldt, CA, USA
9/27/2014 9:57pm
We are talking about MXDN!
Forget your statistics.Roczen smoked 2 of your national champions during the MXDN at Lakewood!
2010 MXDN - ok let's look.... 1st race - Dungey scored a 1st over Cairoli and Roczen 2nd race - even the USA's Kyle Regal riding...
2010 MXDN - ok let's look....

1st race - Dungey scored a 1st over Cairoli and Roczen

2nd race - even the USA's Kyle Regal riding for Puerto Rico beat KR

3rd race - US 1st Dungey and 2nd Andrew Short....

MX1 + MX2
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
3. Brett Metcalfe, Australia (Honda)
4. Jonathan Barragan, Spain (Kawasaki)
5. Gautier Paulin, France (Yamaha)
6. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX2 + Open
1. Ben Townley, New Zealand (Honda)
2. Kyle Regal, Puerto Rico (Honda)
3. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX1 + Open
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Andrew Short, USA (Honda)
3. Clement Desalle, Belgium (Suzuki)
4. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
hahaha damn those pesky facts

Seriously though WTF does everyone get so worked up over this euro vs usa thing? Am I the only person who understands the fact that they all haul ass? We have mxdn at AMA tracks in 2007 and 2010 and guess what ama riders win every moto. We have mxdn at GP tracks and guess what GP riders win a higher % of the motos.

I only wish each of our series had 4 combined races, two at ama tracks and two at GP tracks, think how deep the fields would be at those four races!
Bearuno
Posts
5637
Joined
6/28/2014
Location
AU
9/27/2014 9:59pm
kongols wrote:
And we catapulted my nephew. He was pretty quiet after that, lol.
And we catapulted my nephew. He was pretty quiet after that, lol.




Oh Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this is what my 2 Nieces (actually very, very distant cousins - Danish) were raving about to Unkel Baerer, yesterday. I've been a bit crook, and being on crutches, I've pretty much ensconsed myself in some swanky Monster facilities (my 'Nieces' Dads a big wig in Monster Europe) this weekend.

Obviously, I'm not being much of a responsible chaperone to my teenage girl relo's - they came back to me, wild eyed, and turned into crazy blonde fuzz balls, going on about being 'Slangebossed into the Sky"' Now I know what 'Slangebosse' means - they wouldn't translate it for me, they just kept on laughing like loons.They're both very good MX racers, but I worry about their bloody fearlessness at times.

Geeze I hope I can keep up with them today. The racing, should be good.
9/27/2014 10:00pm
Glad Tomac used his head, did the smart thing, and got us directly into the main motos.

Hope Martin is feeling OK today, as we need a top 15 out of him in one moto.

Dungey needs to forget about the whole "playing it safe for the team" concept and let it rip.

Let's go USA!
pilotdude
Posts
3867
Joined
1/12/2009
Location
Vancouver, WA, USA
9/27/2014 10:05pm
Glad Tomac used his head, did the smart thing, and got us directly into the main motos. Hope Martin is feeling OK today, as we need...
Glad Tomac used his head, did the smart thing, and got us directly into the main motos.

Hope Martin is feeling OK today, as we need a top 15 out of him in one moto.

Dungey needs to forget about the whole "playing it safe for the team" concept and let it rip.

Let's go USA!
I would love to see Dungey go for it for once.
JeepnMike
Posts
2525
Joined
10/18/2012
Location
Enumclaw, WA, USA
9/27/2014 10:14pm
Just realized you were on Instagram Kongols... Just started following you.
9/27/2014 10:14pm
We are talking about MXDN!
Forget your statistics.Roczen smoked 2 of your national champions during the MXDN at Lakewood!
2010 MXDN - ok let's look.... 1st race - Dungey scored a 1st over Cairoli and Roczen 2nd race - even the USA's Kyle Regal riding...
2010 MXDN - ok let's look....

1st race - Dungey scored a 1st over Cairoli and Roczen

2nd race - even the USA's Kyle Regal riding for Puerto Rico beat KR

3rd race - US 1st Dungey and 2nd Andrew Short....

MX1 + MX2
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
3. Brett Metcalfe, Australia (Honda)
4. Jonathan Barragan, Spain (Kawasaki)
5. Gautier Paulin, France (Yamaha)
6. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX2 + Open
1. Ben Townley, New Zealand (Honda)
2. Kyle Regal, Puerto Rico (Honda)
3. Ken Roczen, Germany (Suzuki)

MX1 + Open
1. Ryan Dungey, USA (Suzuki)
2. Andrew Short, USA (Honda)
3. Clement Desalle, Belgium (Suzuki)
4. Antonio Cairoli, Italy (KTM)
I said,forget sratistics.
Roczen smoked 2 of 3 US champs on an AMA track in 2011.Desalle won his class too in 2011!!!
In other words,GP riders can race on AMA tracks.Forget your shit about",lets watch racing them in merica".Wink
Good luck for today.
USA are still the No.1 out there.
JB479
Posts
804
Joined
1/11/2012
Location
AU
9/27/2014 10:17pm
JB479 wrote:
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best...
I can understand why clout would be getting the better gate pick but I actually thought it would be better for Mossy to have the best gate pick in the MX1/OPEN class, Moss is a better starter than chad and i think he could make better use with it. I think Reed could maybe come through the pack a bit quicker from the 37th gate pick….

Whats with Aussies and bad luck at MXON?
I just looked at the results from previous years and I'm still amazed how we didn't podium the 2 years we sent Reed/Meltcafe/Byrne….
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Man, I reckon we could have podiumed last year if Waters didn't have 2 first turn crashes. That was a surprisingly strong team last year, and...
Man, I reckon we could have podiumed last year if Waters didn't have 2 first turn crashes. That was a surprisingly strong team last year, and one that I'd like to see again
For sure. Waters still finished 5th overall in the open class despite as you said 2 first turn crashes.
I still can't get over Ferris's rides…

Next year will be interesting… Hopefully Waters and Ferris both have decent season's and stay healthy as they could be in line for the team next year.
thorns
Posts
723
Joined
4/25/2013
Location
NZ
9/27/2014 10:23pm
Are the b finals shown live on tv anywhere? Just wondering chances of finding a stream somewhere to watch on.
9/27/2014 11:23pm
thorns wrote:
Are the b finals shown live on tv anywhere? Just wondering chances of finding a stream somewhere to watch on.
on mxgp-tv in 1,5h.
There was a livestream yesterday, not sure if its on by the time the b final starts tho
Sideways
Posts
1881
Joined
9/8/2012
Location
SE
9/27/2014 11:45pm
machine wrote:
Well ..we seem to struggle on the rough tracks over there, you got any better ideas, i'd love to hear them?
Park Boys wrote:
It's one race. MM25 won two world titles yet has five wins in the AMA in years of racing. Roczen won two lites MX races in...
It's one race. MM25 won two world titles yet has five wins in the AMA in years of racing. Roczen won two lites MX races in two years. Rattery and Tommy are both back in Europe after failing to get the results they wanted here. When someone comes to an AMA track from the GP's and wins loads of races right off the bat then we should change, until then are team and fans should stop making excuses about an event that since 1982 we have won more than all the other countries combined.
machine wrote:
I'm talking just about the MXDN and our performance the last few years. I do think our guys not being used to the rough poorly groomed...
I'm talking just about the MXDN and our performance the last few years. I do think our guys not being used to the rough poorly groomed tracks plays a part, not an excuse, just my opinion on it. I will say, they did seem to leave the tracks alone more this year outdoors then previous years. Bottom line is we need to step it up again.
i really dont understand why you are saying that the GP tracks are rougher. The track didnt look that rough yesterday. The AMA tracks gets super gnarly and to me looks just as rough as the GP tracks.
Old Mate
Posts
2271
Joined
3/9/2009
Location
Sussex Inlet, AU
9/28/2014 12:09am
How long till kick off, whats the program, do i have time for some sleep and can someone start a knew thread for tonight please
Crush
Posts
21139
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney, AU
9/28/2014 12:21am
Old Mate wrote:
How long till kick off, whats the program, do i have time for some sleep and can someone start a knew thread for tonight please
Hey Greg. 1st moto at 8pm.

Thanks to your boy you don't need to watch the B final which starts in half hour.
jamma10
Posts
10573
Joined
8/24/2008
Location
Bristol, GB
9/28/2014 12:30am
Old Mate wrote:
How long till kick off, whats the program, do i have time for some sleep and can someone start a knew thread for tonight please
Crush wrote:
Hey Greg. 1st moto at 8pm.

Thanks to your boy you don't need to watch the B final which starts in half hour.
But you should anyway as it's usually very entertaining Smile

Moss was the unsung hero of the Aussie team yesterday really. Was impressed with Clouts speed too, hope he keeps it out of the fencing today!
pmcc
Posts
722
Joined
9/17/2006
Location
Lisburn, GB
9/28/2014 12:35am
Can I count on your guys support here to get team Ireland though this B final?

Going to be tough, Spain have 3 quick riders and prob the fastest with butron, though Barr was only 0.5 sec of him in warm up
thorns
Posts
723
Joined
4/25/2013
Location
NZ
9/28/2014 12:35am
With the b final, is it all 3 riders on the gate for a one race shootout? Do the top few teams bump up to the mains?
pmcc
Posts
722
Joined
9/17/2006
Location
Lisburn, GB
9/28/2014 12:39am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 12:40am
thorns wrote:
With the b final, is it all 3 riders on the gate for a one race shootout? Do the top few teams bump up to the...
With the b final, is it all 3 riders on the gate for a one race shootout? Do the top few teams bump up to the mains?
Yes all three riders are on the gate only the 2 best results for each team count tho. In event of a tie break the 3rd rider position will count.

Only the winning team gets bumped up to the mains
thorns
Posts
723
Joined
4/25/2013
Location
NZ
9/28/2014 12:41am
Thanks pmcc
ayearinmx
Posts
2760
Joined
3/5/2007
Location
GB
9/28/2014 12:47am
the Irish know the rules to the B final all too well haha
pmcc
Posts
722
Joined
9/17/2006
Location
Lisburn, GB
9/28/2014 12:49am
Angry unfortunately your right lol hopefully the boys got the spuds in to them last night and will come out strong here Cool
pmcc
Posts
722
Joined
9/17/2006
Location
Lisburn, GB
9/28/2014 12:50am
Stream went LIVE
PressPassP
Posts
3329
Joined
3/3/2010
Location
Ipswich, GB
9/28/2014 12:57am
Butron Holeshot

Post a reply to: MXDN Quali Bench Racing

The Latest