MXA - Chad Reed Interview

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2018 11:42 AM

I'm a Chad Reed fan so I thought it was pretty good.

MXA Interview with Chad Reed

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/3/2018 12:19 PM

That was good! Thanks MXA. I used to not like Chad but the more you get to know him the more you see that he's just telling it how he see's it and sometimes people don't like those opinions. I never knew about his issues at Yamaha and how it affected him and Cooper, very interesting.

|

12/3/2018 12:32 PM

kNewc wrote:

That was good! Thanks MXA. I used to not like Chad but the more you get to know him the more you see that he's just telling it ...more

I found the stuff about Yamaha interesting as well. Never saw them as being that way until this.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/3/2018 12:51 PM

Great read.

|

12/3/2018 1:05 PM

Cut communication between Coop and Reed? Not sure how that makes sense from any point of view.

|

12/3/2018 1:09 PM

I look forward to seeing him on the RMZ again. Hope he can run up front, his starts have always been on point so if he's fit and comfortable we could see something in 2019.

|

12/3/2018 1:12 PM

Chad's talking style and personality, always impressive:

"YOU WERE GREAT IN SUPERCROSS, BUT THE OUTDOORS SEEMED TO ELUDE YOU, RIGHT? I could never find that feeling in American motocross that I needed. You need to find all-out speed for 35 minutes, two times in a row. I have always struggled with that, but the real reason, plain and simple, is that I raced the baddest dudes that ever rode a motorcycle. I raced against the best guys ever. No one is going to ever beat the motocross credentials of Ricky Carmichael. He had two undefeated seasons, and he never lost an outdoor championship for 10 years. If you take Ricky out of the equation, I could have had three or four AMA Motocross Championships. Ricky Carmichael single-handedly made me hate motocross. I was there. I gave him a run for his money. I kept him honest. But, I was like everybody else and fell short."

|

12/3/2018 1:16 PM

This was a freaking awesome interview ! So much insides ! Love it. Really MXA bike reviews are quite poor with their ktm loyalty but i always thought their interviews are top notch !

|

12/3/2018 1:16 PM

that was a great read.

Interesting on how Yamaha worked out. I did hear rumours on how cooper and reed had a great thing going and cooper wanted reed as a mentor and to stay with him but Yamaha didn't want reed to put negative things into coopers head.

Same was with his Outdoor title on Suzuki with only pay but bonus for wins. and due to being an insurance policy it was larger then a normal pay out. pretty crazy.

But i do see reed as a great brand ambassador. Honestly though.. Imagine Ricky and Reed as ambassadors for Suzuki!!

|

12/3/2018 1:24 PM

JGR has had a bit of a CR22 social media abstinence of late... getting nervous!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/3/2018 1:26 PM

Awesome read... hope to see him out there with JGR.

|

12/3/2018 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 1:27 PM

Chad is arguably the biggest seat filler on the gate now days. I say that because most of my non-moto friends have heard of Chad Reed, but none of them have heard of our current champions.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

12/3/2018 1:49 PM

That was an awesome interview and journalism!

|

12/3/2018 2:08 PM

interesting his take on the 125 vs 250 deal and why he wanted nothing to do with racing a 125.

i've always been a huge Reed fan, ever since he came over that first year.

thanks for posting bro

|

12/3/2018 2:31 PM

Reed has to be a sure thing for jgr with Peick down surely!

|

12/3/2018 3:30 PM

That was an almost Bob Hannah-esque honest interview in regards to Yamaha. That was very refreshing and I have much respect for Reed, looking forward to a better 2019 SX Season!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

12/3/2018 4:04 PM

Who was the Yamaha employee he didn't get along with ?

|

Ed Johnson

12/3/2018 4:08 PM

Couldn't even read the whole interview. What a load. I liked Reed in Europe, then I didn't like him whining here ( for many,many years) then I liked him on the Honda, then I didn't like him again (what the hell happened on Kawi-check casher) and still don't to this day. Was laughing out loud at the Ironman national back in August "The things you are capable of when it's all on the line"...

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

12/3/2018 4:12 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

This was a freaking awesome interview ! So much insides ! Love it. Really MXA bike reviews are quite poor with their ktm ...more

KTM loyalty? laughing laughing laughing

This is Yamacross Action magazine you are talking about, right?

|

12/3/2018 4:28 PM

I've got a 1990 yz250wr and just have to say that Chad Reed hurts my yamafeels. Otherwise he's awesome.

|

12/3/2018 4:29 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing....?

|

12/3/2018 4:36 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

I've got a 1990 yz250wr and just have to say that Chad Reed hurts my yamafeels. Otherwise he's awesome.

I have to wonder if it has anything to do with them wanting to keep it close to production like the use of stock links, clamps and a few other things?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/3/2018 5:11 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

The man in charge....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

12/3/2018 5:20 PM

So refreshing to have someone who is not afraid to be open and honest about their experiences.

No politically correct BS, just his honest opinion. He did not "bash" anyone, he just speaks his truth.

Always 2 sides to any story, but I would bet his version of the "truth" is pretty accurate.

That was a great interview, thanks for posting it.

I just got in the mail the latest issue of Meta magazine, have not read it yet but they have an interview with him as well in the latest issue. Should be interesting.

|

12/3/2018 5:25 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

Couldn't even read the whole interview. What a load. I liked Reed in Europe, then I didn't like him whining here ( for ...more

Speaking of whining...

|

12/3/2018 5:55 PM

I think JGR could be the best fit yet for Reed. They have the resources and willingness to change absolutely anything he wants, and that bike can be whatever he wants it to be if they listen to him. Whether he's right or wrong, when Chad is on and feels good on the bike he's deadly to anyone else in the field.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/3/2018 6:35 PM

Wow, that was a good interview. I would assume he's talking about McCarty at Yamaha.

Interesting to see if the JGR thing works out. Everyone assumes it will but remember "fill-in" rides usually have little to no salary and are bonus only. Reed ain't riding for that, and sounds like JGR still doesn't have a title sponsor. So unless Chad brings in money (Boost Mobile?) it's def not a sure thing.

|

12/3/2018 6:47 PM

That was a good Reed...

|

12/3/2018 6:51 PM

MelonFan123 wrote:

Wow, that was a good interview. I would assume he's talking about McCarty at Yamaha.

Interesting to see if the JGR thing ...more

He rode for no salary before

|

12/3/2018 7:26 PM

MelonFan123 wrote:

Interesting to see if the JGR thing ...more

I think Reed was tight with McCarty.

|