Less Daniel Blair < Rutledge wood? WTF

Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 11:03am
A friend who works for the network told me Rutledge Wood would be taking most of Daniel Blair’s Tv time tonight so I was already mad but seeing it actually happening confuses me more than anything. Daniel Blair is the only one who actually articulates what is going on in the race coherently why take time away from him? From my understanding NBC thinks they are crushing the broadcast this year. They don’t look at the forums or hear loud enough how unhappy we as fans are but someone should get something viral going NBC can’t go unnoticed. I don’t ever post on here but would love if for once vital could band together and tag Supercross/nbc on social media. I’m willing to bet you asshole haters could make some noise 😆
|
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/13/2021 6:44pm
I thought they both did a good job in that race to be honest. I particularly liked the fact they didn't cut away to a race from 3 weeks ago on the last 2 laps. No complaints from me on that race.
aeffertz
2/13/2021 6:46pm
Poor choice. Someone who knows the ins and outs of MX/SX should be valued far above someone who doesn’t.

It’s clear they are still trying to dumb down the broadcast instead of treating it as a professional sport.
2/13/2021 6:46pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I thought they both did a good job in that race to be honest. I particularly liked the fact they didn't cut away to a race...
I thought they both did a good job in that race to be honest. I particularly liked the fact they didn't cut away to a race from 3 weeks ago on the last 2 laps. No complaints from me on that race.
I didn’t think Rutledge was bad but I can’t understand why take time away from Blair. Honestly the more they take away from Ricky and that British dude the better. I think fans love to hear the detail in the racing which Blair always brings! I just don’t want to see less of him for a guy who asks questions like “Ricky what does it feel like”. Ricky always tells us what it feels like in every situation without being asked my some car guy who doesn’t know moto

The Shop

2/13/2021 6:48pm
aeffertz wrote:
Poor choice. Someone who knows the ins and outs of MX/SX should be valued far above someone who doesn’t. It’s clear they are still trying to...
Poor choice. Someone who knows the ins and outs of MX/SX should be valued far above someone who doesn’t.

It’s clear they are still trying to dumb down the broadcast instead of treating it as a professional sport.
You nailed it. It’s as if they don’t even want this to be viewed as a sport rather a monster truck show or something. 🤔 I wonder why?
FalseNeutral
2/13/2021 6:52pm
This Rutledge guy has been floating around for years. I'm not sure what they insist on shoehorning him into something like supercross. He comes across as a hipster poser with no value add... come NBC you can do better than this!
2/13/2021 6:53pm
I guess he's just a more recognizable face because he's been doing NASCAR races for a really long time. If it's true that NBC thinks they're doing a good job with the broadcast then they are even more clueless than I imagined. The broadcast director should have been fired after showing a replay on the final lap last week.
Motodave15
2/13/2021 7:02pm
well the goggle talking....Does not help.....NBC is definitely trying to dumb it down..........................
FalseNeutral
2/13/2021 7:13pm
Motodave15 wrote:
well the goggle talking....Does not help.....NBC is definitely trying to dumb it down..........................
Well...it makes sense if you want to attract Nascar fans it takes a lot of dumbing down
kb228
2/13/2021 7:18pm
He makes me want to shop at whole foods and eat at sodosopa
tuttle425
2/13/2021 7:53pm
I guess he's just a more recognizable face because he's been doing NASCAR races for a really long time. If it's true that NBC thinks they're...
I guess he's just a more recognizable face because he's been doing NASCAR races for a really long time. If it's true that NBC thinks they're doing a good job with the broadcast then they are even more clueless than I imagined. The broadcast director should have been fired after showing a replay on the final lap last week.
Screw NASCAR. I think the last NASCAR broadcast I watched was when Dale Earnhart died.

I am sure there is a bit of a crossover in the fanbase but I don't even know one person that watches NASCAR let alone the other moto people I know.

NBC screws up this broadcast more and more each week. Actually, I take that back, the ultimate screwup was last week when they cut away on the last lap for old race highlights.

What drives me crazy the most is that all of this shit is easily fixable. Craig gets hurt? Cool, show him for five seconds, maybe, and then be done with it. You want to still talk about it? Fine, but don't show him just sitting there on the track while the race is still going.

I've been listening to the Re-Raceables podcast and just finished the Indy 2002 one so I watched it this afternoon. SAME SHIT. Michael Byrne goes down. One or two laps later they cut away to him just sitting on the track while Pastrana and Ricky are battling. What happens? Ricky passes Pastrana and they miss it. This shit is nothing new unfortunately.
Yammyam
2/13/2021 8:02pm
👎🏽Rutledge even Ricky was short with him
You could hear in his voice how stupid he thought the tear-off vs roll-off question was. And you know for sure they are trying to dumb things down when he is saying "tire slip" instead of wheelspin.

Daniel is the only guy who can put his sentences together without stumbling so I really hope they don't cut down his time.
Blackie59
2/13/2021 8:02pm
Listening to Weege and Langston has ruined Supercross for me. NBC should just let those two do both and all it a day.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/13/2021 8:10pm
👎🏽Rutledge even Ricky was short with him
Yammyam wrote:
You could hear in his voice how stupid he thought the tear-off vs roll-off question was. And you know for sure they are trying to dumb...
You could hear in his voice how stupid he thought the tear-off vs roll-off question was. And you know for sure they are trying to dumb things down when he is saying "tire slip" instead of wheelspin.

Daniel is the only guy who can put his sentences together without stumbling so I really hope they don't cut down his time.
You do realize that bit about tear offs was totally scripted right? That one was on Bondo, not Rutledge.
BigBoreFan58
2/13/2021 8:11pm
How many commentators do we need? What exactly does Will do anyway? Seems they cut to her for fluff, then a pass happens and they cut her off. Token female?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/13/2021 8:13pm
How many commentators do we need? What exactly does Will do anyway? Seems they cut to her for fluff, then a pass happens and they cut...
How many commentators do we need? What exactly does Will do anyway? Seems they cut to her for fluff, then a pass happens and they cut her off. Token female?
Will is awesome. Just saying.
MotofactioN
2/13/2021 8:15pm
Rutledge was always extremely annoying, like a man child when he first came into NASCAR. I couldn’t stand him. I haven’t watched a NASCAR race in forever. But why is he coming to Supercross? Please don’t let him replace Daniel, or even get into the sport
shortshift5
2/13/2021 8:16pm
How many commentators do we need? What exactly does Will do anyway? Seems they cut to her for fluff, then a pass happens and they cut...
It’s a shame we can’t even appreciate how attractive she is with the stupid mask on. The least they could do is show us a full body shot of her.
Bineano
2/13/2021 8:26pm
I’m not getting the connection between R Wood and Suoercross. Not working for me, but open to try it for a while.
Will is awesome, not a fan of the masks with no one around.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/13/2021 8:46pm
aeffertz wrote:
Poor choice. Someone who knows the ins and outs of MX/SX should be valued far above someone who doesn’t. It’s clear they are still trying to...

Main stream sports are dumbed down the most imo. But that guy sucked
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
2/13/2021 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 8:51pm
I think taking time away from someone that knows the sport inside and out, and growing member of the broadcast team and give it to someone that knows nothing about the sport is ridiculous. Very poor move. Also while we are on the subject, I like Will. She is an extremely nice person, and good at what she does, but I think Ashley Reynard would be a great fit for that spot instead. She has been killing it on RDL.

NBC is thirsty for new viewers. I get it... they need growth, but they know absolutely nothing about their clientele.
Moto-Dude
2/13/2021 8:53pm
I really don't care who is calling the race, but it would be wonderful if they could take a breath every now and then. The constant stream of babble gets on my nerves. Between Ricky fumbling his words and the shrill Will going into detail over some insignificant topic while the lead changes hands, ugh.
Wade221
2/13/2021 9:31pm
kb228 wrote:
He makes me want to shop at whole foods and eat at sodosopa
The Tavern above Kenny’s house, now at SodaSopa
Warlock
Fantasy
936th
2/13/2021 9:45pm
Who the hell is Rutledge Wood and why doesn't he wash his hair? Blink
mb60
2/13/2021 10:34pm
Between this Clown Show Rutlege Wood and Will Christian want to make me scream. 2 guys that have line up and raced this sport in RC and Blair and we get those 2 telling us about the sport.
2/14/2021 1:47am
i have to agree, i like Will, but she would probably have less than 5mins airtime the whole show its pretty pointless, Dan does a great job and is the only one needed on the floor for the amount of airtime they have.
AxlBundy
2/14/2021 2:31am
Leigh is horrible. Stuffy, monotonous. Reminds me of racing I don’t want to watch.
MagMx08
2/14/2021 3:01am
I don’t understand why they don’t have Blair in the pits between heats, checking in with team personnel, mechanics and give us a better look behind the scenes. Even have Will checking in with the riders on the line, like they do in MotoGP. Be even better if she focused on all the privateer riders, those guys deserve screen time too.

Post a reply to: Less Daniel Blair < Rutledge wood? WTF

The Latest