How is Roczen going so fast ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2019 7:13 PM

Ok dumb question but holy cow he was flying first moto. Haven’t seen second moto yet.

His bike is butter also. Honda is dialed but he is also pushing the speed to another level. Very impressive speed. I mean damn.

To gap the rest of the field like that is incredible.

|

6/1/2019 7:16 PM

His Bike looks Like a Rocket and his suspension so smooth you can see in small chatter that his hands are not moving at all like the bike just soaks it all up 100%
He makes it look effortless which is awsome.

|

6/1/2019 7:27 PM

Please cancel the Eli Tomac crowning ceremony untill the end. Yes Tomac is fast but Roczen has title winning speed and consistency as well. These two will go down to the wire. Live watching him ride

|

6/1/2019 7:29 PM

I can't answer the question, but I sure can agree with you.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/1/2019 7:32 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

His Bike looks Like a Rocket and his suspension so smooth you can see in small chatter that his hands are not moving at all like the bike just soaks it all up 100%
He makes it look effortless which is awsome.

Exactly. I noticed the suspension also compared to the other riders. Anyone that’s ridden a dirt bike knows how much faster you can go on a dialed perfect suspension.

|

6/1/2019 7:34 PM

The strange thing to me is if he is short on energy in the second moto, why didn't he back it down more in the first moto?

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

6/1/2019 7:34 PM

He was out front with clean goggles clean track

|

6/1/2019 7:34 PM

Flawless technique.
Flawless bike set up.
Highly competitive.

|

6/1/2019 7:40 PM

One thing that roizen always claimed held him back on every bike he has ever rode was suspension. I believe anyone who has doubted his chance at winning titles after his injuries are in for a real treat. His speed in moto 1 reminded me of rc4 . Hrc has the bike dialed in for him, and he is proving to them what he can do , just watch !

|

2018 crf 250r

6/1/2019 8:06 PM

What we learned so far.

1) Honda's 450 sucks indoors and Kenny was making excuses for it.

2) Tomac's bike has 7 gears. If he and Ken stay healthy it should be an interesting season.

3) Cooper Webb is a Las Vegas Show rider. Real racing not his strong point. He should retire and join Nitro Circus.

4) People with "Cooper" in their name are doosh.

5) 250 class will be a slobberknocker down to the wire.

|

6/1/2019 8:07 PM

erik kehoe

|

6/1/2019 8:11 PM

He’s smooth as fuck and loves the rough track conditions

|

6/1/2019 8:13 PM

Tryhard wrote:

One thing that roizen always claimed held him back on every bike he has ever rode was suspension. I believe anyone who has doubted his chance at winning titles after his injuries are in for a real treat. His speed in moto 1 reminded me of rc4 . Hrc has the bike dialed in for him, and he is proving to them what he can do , just watch !

Kenny is good without a doubt, but when eli gets a decent start he toys with the field

|

6/1/2019 8:13 PM

Texas Built wrote:

What we learned so far.

1) Honda's 450 sucks indoors and Kenny was making excuses for it.

2) Tomac's bike has 7 gears. If he and Ken stay healthy it should be an interesting season.

3) Cooper Webb is a Las Vegas Show rider. Real racing not his strong point. He should retire and join Nitro Circus.

4) People with "Cooper" in their name are doosh.

5) 250 class will be a slobberknocker down to the wire.

Are you trying to tell me that Guy Cooper is a douche?

|

6/1/2019 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2019 8:16 PM

Texas Built wrote:

What we learned so far.

1) Honda's 450 sucks indoors and Kenny was making excuses for it.

2) Tomac's bike has 7 gears. If he and Ken stay healthy it should be an interesting season.

3) Cooper Webb is a Las Vegas Show rider. Real racing not his strong point. He should retire and join Nitro Circus.

4) People with "Cooper" in their name are doosh.

5) 250 class will be a slobberknocker down to the wire.

Much more likely going by his entire career Ken isn't nearly as strong indoors. He's always been a beast outdoors on multiple diff brands yet Dunge handled him at sx. Nothing has changed

|

6/1/2019 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2019 8:35 PM

Just saw results for second moto. Was a little surprised Eli won with the way Roczen was riding that first moto and lap times he was pulling. I guess Roczen knew he had it in the bag for the overall and didn’t ride over his head if didn’t need too.

|

6/1/2019 8:37 PM

level wrote:

Just saw results for second moto. Was a little surprised Eli won with the way Roczen was riding that first moto and lap times he was pulling. I guess Roczen knew he had it in the bag for the overall and didn’t ride over his head if didn’t need too.

So he didn't really care about the championship points difference between 1st and 2nd and only cares about overalls? Interesting

|

6/1/2019 8:55 PM

Roczen has very good throttle control and is a very precise, smooth rider. The track wasn't "muddy", but it was a little slick and had super deep ruts in the corners. Roczen is taylor made for those conditions. He's precise and doesn't over ride a track like that and keeps his bike hooked up very well.Tomac not so much. Roczen got up front and did his thing. Once it dried some and wasn't slick in moto 2, Tomac did his thing.

|

6/1/2019 9:07 PM

level wrote:

Just saw results for second moto. Was a little surprised Eli won with the way Roczen was riding that first moto and lap times he was pulling. I guess Roczen knew he had it in the bag for the overall and didn’t ride over his head if didn’t need too.

Moto 1, Eli had a shitty start, outside the top 10. KR was out front in clean air. Not easy coming through the pack & run fast lap times. Tomac was running 2.12 lap times once he got his goggles fixed. First half the race he dicked around in 10th messing with goggles. I think Kenny was running 2.14s, last half the race. Moto 2 Rockzen back out front, I think Tomac was just inside the top 10. He ran Kenny down & put 10 seconds on him. No way Kenny settled for 2nd. He is not going to give up 3 points, to the only guy who can take this title from him.

|

6/1/2019 9:13 PM

level wrote:

Just saw results for second moto. Was a little surprised Eli won with the way Roczen was riding that first moto and lap times he was pulling. I guess Roczen knew he had it in the bag for the overall and didn’t ride over his head if didn’t need too.

Cali wrote:

Moto 1, Eli had a shitty start, outside the top 10. KR was out front in clean air. Not easy coming through the pack & run fast lap times. Tomac was running 2.12 lap times once he got his goggles fixed. First half the race he dicked around in 10th messing with goggles. I think Kenny was running 2.14s, last half the race. Moto 2 Rockzen back out front, I think Tomac was just inside the top 10. He ran Kenny down & put 10 seconds on him. No way Kenny settled for 2nd. He is not going to give up 3 points, to the only guy who can take this title from him.

Yep eli sits outside of roost range, then makes the pass when hes ready not much anyone can do about it either... a comfy eli is bad news for the field

|

6/1/2019 9:18 PM

Roczen is still not 100% as evidence by the second moto. I don't think Tomac has anything for Roczen if he gets to 100%. He might beat him half the time but he doesn't have the consistency to beat him for the title.

|

6/1/2019 9:41 PM

Ranman68 wrote:

Roczen has very good throttle control and is a very precise, smooth rider. The track wasn't "muddy", but it was a little slick and had super deep ruts in the corners. Roczen is taylor made for those conditions. He's precise and doesn't over ride a track like that and keeps his bike hooked up very well.Tomac not so much. Roczen got up front and did his thing. Once it dried some and wasn't slick in moto 2, Tomac did his thing.

Best analysis

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

6/1/2019 9:45 PM

why was Ken not interviewed after moto 2

|

6/1/2019 9:50 PM

RandyS wrote:

Roczen is still not 100% as evidence by the second moto. I don't think Tomac has anything for Roczen if he gets to 100%. He might beat him half the time but he doesn't have the consistency to beat him for the title.

What are you smoking, if he's not 100% now he never will be so maybe this is his 100%

|

6/1/2019 9:59 PM

RandyS wrote:

Roczen is still not 100% as evidence by the second moto. I don't think Tomac has anything for Roczen if he gets to 100%. He might beat him half the time but he doesn't have the consistency to beat him for the title.

Why do people keep saying this? When Tomac and Roczen were both healthy Eli was better outdoors. He was better on 250s and he was better on 450s. Tomac was absolutely demolishing a healthy Roczen in 2015 before he destroyed both his shoulders.

Right now Roczen is close to Eli in speed and they are both way ahead of everyone else. When Roczen is crushing guys like Musquin and Anderson by 20-30 seconds then he must be pretty close to 100%.

|

6/1/2019 10:06 PM

NateDawg wrote:

Why do people keep saying this? When Tomac and Roczen were both healthy Eli was better outdoors. He was better on 250s and he was better on 450s. Tomac was absolutely demolishing a healthy Roczen in 2015 before he destroyed both his shoulders.

Right now Roczen is close to Eli in speed and they are both way ahead of everyone else. When Roczen is crushing guys like Musquin and Anderson by 20-30 seconds then he must be pretty close to 100%.

Roczens back was fucked at the beginning of '15, that's why he went 18-5 at hangtown that year.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

6/1/2019 10:13 PM

RandyS wrote:

Roczen is still not 100% as evidence by the second moto. I don't think Tomac has anything for Roczen if he gets to 100%. He might beat him half the time but he doesn't have the consistency to beat him for the title.

NateDawg wrote:

Why do people keep saying this? When Tomac and Roczen were both healthy Eli was better outdoors. He was better on 250s and he was better on 450s. Tomac was absolutely demolishing a healthy Roczen in 2015 before he destroyed both his shoulders.

Right now Roczen is close to Eli in speed and they are both way ahead of everyone else. When Roczen is crushing guys like Musquin and Anderson by 20-30 seconds then he must be pretty close to 100%.

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Roczens back was fucked at the beginning of '15, that's why he went 18-5 at hangtown that year.

Well then the only healthy comparison we have is from their 250 days and Tomac was flat out better back then.

I still think, with how badly Ken is beating everyone not named Eli, that he is getting close to his old form.

|

6/1/2019 10:39 PM

This is why we need a goggle lane were the rider loses no time, like a short cut of the track.

|

6/1/2019 11:55 PM

jonesaustin wrote:

why was Ken not interviewed after moto 2

He was.

|

6/2/2019 12:28 AM

RandyS wrote:

Roczen is still not 100% as evidence by the second moto. I don't think Tomac has anything for Roczen if he gets to 100%. He might beat him half the time but he doesn't have the consistency to beat him for the title.

I agree to a point, but if Eli is in the top 5 off the start. The rest of the field is fucked.

|