How is Roczen going so fast ?

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
6/2/2019 3:03pm
All season long i believe we are going to see Kroc win Moto 1 and Tomac win Moto 2.
Its just going to come down between them who does better when there not on the top step.
Both riders can flick a switch and be just as fast as each other. At the speed them 2 riders are at, one little mistake could be a large injury. Its just going to come down to who can play the Dungey style points game and get the overalls.

Personally, Im a Kroc fan because i had the exact same injury as Roczens 1st injury and have no clue how he can continue to ride at his potential with the nerve damage he would have is beyond.

Tryhard
6/2/2019 3:14pm
Tryhard wrote:
One thing that roizen always claimed held him back on every bike he has ever rode was suspension. I believe anyone who has doubted his chance...
One thing that roizen always claimed held him back on every bike he has ever rode was suspension. I believe anyone who has doubted his chance at winning titles after his injuries are in for a real treat. His speed in moto 1 reminded me of rc4 . Hrc has the bike dialed in for him, and he is proving to them what he can do , just watch !
H4L wrote:
HRC had good settings toward the end of the SX season as you can tell when he was hitting the whoop sections. For MX they appear...
HRC had good settings toward the end of the SX season as you can tell when he was hitting the whoop sections. For MX they appear to have really good settings as well that is helping KR94 gel with the bike & gain confidence. I believe Trey Canard was helping out with testing both KYB & Showa units for the outdoors. Kudos to TC for helping out prior to the opening round at Hangtown..
Yes no doubt , his suspension is like definition of plush . 8t ate the speed bumps on that downhill up yesterday like no tomorrow . And yes I believe they canard testing is a huge asset to hrc at this current moment. I listened to some podcasts and some other testers were talking about he is the best in the business when it comes to testing , same line every day over and over he will hit it everytime to make sure the info he gives is accurate .
PTECH
6/2/2019 3:32pm
Roczen was absolutely on fire that entire first moto. He and his bike were really working perfectly together. Its almost a shame we didn't get to see more of him on the broadcast as he was really on rails. That being said I don't think he'll have the endurance to keep it going at or close to that level all summer long... but time will tell and it looks like it could be a hell of a show all summer.
Shaned9326
6/2/2019 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2019 3:33pm
I think we should all be glad Eli doesn’t start great every moto cause if he did, don’t see Kenny or anyone else running him down Imo!!

The Shop

plowboy
6/2/2019 4:33pm
plowboy wrote:
This is motocross. It doesn't matter how fast you were yesterday or last year. Every moto is a crap shoot. A mechanical, getting taken out, taking...
This is motocross. It doesn't matter how fast you were yesterday or last year. Every moto is a crap shoot. A mechanical, getting taken out, taking yourself out...nagging injuries, chronic fatigue. Talent, skill, and a heapin' helping of good luck are what wins championships. We all have a good idea of who has the best shot at taking the title but ain't nobody got a crystal ball...that's why they run the races. Ain't it cool?
G MONEY wrote:
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/02/351898/s1200_hol_83.jpg[/img] BUT I NEVER BEAT BOBBY M
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS BUT I NEVER BEAT BOBBY M
Hell, Bobby had to chop off his leg just to make it fair for the competition.Woohoo
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
6/3/2019 10:22am
Back to the question asked of how KR is so fast

A few things I notice watching him ride. Wonder if anyone else sees the same thing.

1) His bike sounds like it's right in the powerband, which seems to allow the rear suspension to work better because he just drives out of corners.

2) His line choice is better than ET's. Eli likes to drive into a line, hold er wide open and hold on. It's a style that "feels" and sounds fast, whereas Ken sometimes cuts across ruts or even rides the real estate between two big ruts. BB4 is another guy who seems to find better lines when things get really rough.

When traction starts to fade and the ruts get deeper, KR's style works better. He is still being held back in the 2nd moto by fitness, but when the two of them are fresh you can tell Kenny's style is just as or more effective.
Prestonb769
6/3/2019 10:32am
What we learned so far. 1) Honda's 450 sucks indoors and Kenny was making excuses for it. 2) Tomac's bike has 7 gears. If he and...
What we learned so far.

1) Honda's 450 sucks indoors and Kenny was making excuses for it.

2) Tomac's bike has 7 gears. If he and Ken stay healthy it should be an interesting season.

3) Cooper Webb is a Las Vegas Show rider. Real racing not his strong point. He should retire and join Nitro Circus.

4) People with "Cooper" in their name are doosh.

5) 250 class will be a slobberknocker down to the wire.
I get a little dumber each and every time i read your posts. Very attention seeking you are.
6/3/2019 11:24am
He’s riding great! think the hrc guys have found a good setup
Gasjers been looking very comfortable too with his set up
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
6/3/2019 11:26am
I was at the race and the Honda was set-up perfect. Ken was riding the rough stuff like it wasn't even there. I still feel ET3's Kawi is still struggling with bike setup. IMO.

So it was probably all the bike right. Well, in this case, I feel it had a lot to do with it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/3/2019 12:28pm
From what I've seen? His bike setup is spot-on. He's had a bunch of testing help from Trey, and his favorite suspension guy, Rolf, was at Hangtown.

He's riding really well right now.

peelout
6/3/2019 12:38pm
every post that is positive towards Roczen in this thread has at least 1 downvote.

i think Eli finally got a Vital account
Ray_MXS
6/3/2019 1:10pm
peelout wrote:
every post that is positive towards Roczen in this thread has at least 1 downvote.

It's all RexEasley, he can't help himself anymore Laughing
ledger
6/3/2019 1:11pm
Combination of raw talent and suspension on the mark for Ken's speed. Tim Gaijser's bike looks to handle great too, but that's another story.
kpiper
6/3/2019 1:35pm
Signing a three-year contract takes a lot of stress away too probably. That always helps with the speed.
6/3/2019 3:58pm
peelout wrote:

And since the voting system was implemented nearly every positive post about Tomac gets multiple downvotes. Kenny is Vital's darling.
Yeti365
6/4/2019 2:31am
While I typically root for other guys, mostly Tomac/Webb/Barcia, but I'm stoked to see KR back at speed and with that red plate. Especially outdoors.

Man has been through hell and brought the fire outdoors. This is gonna be one badass season, gents. I'm fucking pumped.
6/4/2019 3:35am
peelout wrote:

And since the voting system was implemented nearly every positive post about Tomac gets multiple downvotes. Kenny is Vital's darling.
Or, and this may be a stretch, Kenny is getting attention because he has won 2 of the 3 overalls and is the current points leader?

Post a reply to: How is Roczen going so fast ?

The Latest