GNCC RACERS ARE TOUGH AS NAILS

TalinH112
Stu Baylor- motorcycle racing’s own Ricky Bobby knocked himself out, broke his F****n neck, remounted and rode the final 8 miles of the race. This may be Non-moto material but I just thought it deserved some recognition! Also Josep Garcia (ISDE overall winner 2021) raced this weekend and the boys put a hurting on him. (9th OA) USA! USA! USA! 😂
|
FahQ
2/21/2022 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 6:31pm
Our GNCC guys can shred a MX track….
For three hours straight
2/21/2022 4:13pm
FahQ wrote:
For three hours straight
I remember Rodney Smith coming out to Clubmoto back in the day and riding 2 or 3 hours straight. All while embarrassing the local fast guys. It was quite the site to see.
KONG
2/21/2022 4:28pm
Give him a few races and Garcia will spank'em.
Laughing

The Shop

183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
2/21/2022 4:44pm
TalinH112 wrote:
Stu Baylor- motorcycle racing’s own Ricky Bobby knocked himself out, broke his F****n neck, remounted and rode the final 8 miles of the race. This may...
Stu Baylor- motorcycle racing’s own Ricky Bobby knocked himself out, broke his F****n neck, remounted and rode the final 8 miles of the race. This may be Non-moto material but I just thought it deserved some recognition! Also Josep Garcia (ISDE overall winner 2021) raced this weekend and the boys put a hurting on him. (9th OA) USA! USA! USA! 😂
I’m all about national pride, but your attitude towards Garcia is lame.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
2/21/2022 4:51pm
TalinH112 wrote:
Stu Baylor- motorcycle racing’s own Ricky Bobby knocked himself out, broke his F****n neck, remounted and rode the final 8 miles of the race. This may...
Stu broke his wrist too......
TalinH112
2/21/2022 4:52pm
KONG wrote:
Give him a few races and Garcia will spank'em.
Laughing
You are probably correct sir, Josep is an exceptional talent on two wheels! I am simply basking in the glory of his uncharacteristic mediocrity. However short lived it may be. Hahaha
TalinH112
2/21/2022 4:56pm
TalinH112 wrote:
183Matt wrote:
Never said anything negative about him friend, except he had an off weekend. His accolades speak for themself, just goes to show that the GNCC series is one of the hardest in the world.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/21/2022 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 5:06pm
SX = guy crashes and wants to get back in race nope he hit his head he’s done and should sit for at least a race.

Gncc = guy kicks himself out and breaks his neck and wrist finishes the race and he’s a hero.
TalinH112
2/21/2022 5:14pm
soggy wrote:
SX = guy crashes and wants to get back in race nope he hit his head he’s done and should sit for at least a race...
SX = guy crashes and wants to get back in race nope he hit his head he’s done and should sit for at least a race.

Gncc = guy kicks himself out and breaks his neck and wrist finishes the race and he’s a hero.
Yeah that statement is tough to argue.
jleews6
2/21/2022 5:17pm
I raced the morning race and got to watch the pro's race and its amazing how fast they go through the woods.
Louie112
2/21/2022 6:11pm
I remember Rodney Smith coming out to Clubmoto back in the day and riding 2 or 3 hours straight. All while embarrassing the local fast guys...
I remember Rodney Smith coming out to Clubmoto back in the day and riding 2 or 3 hours straight. All while embarrassing the local fast guys. It was quite the site to see.
Listen to his Whiskey Throttle episode! I remembered him from GNCCs when I was a kid, but he’s an accomplished Moto guy as well
ebers
Fantasy
250th
2/21/2022 6:19pm
Pretty wild he got up and finished.
Tough dude and even luckier from the sounds of it. Wish him a speedy recovery and hope he comes back strong!

A few other guys got banged up at the first round too - Thad Duvall and Jonny Girroir. Bummer for those guys as well. Thad can’t catch a break, and I was really looking forward to seeing what JG could do this year, his results in those first few sprint enduros were really good.

To the comments about Jose (Holcombe was there also) - I wasn’t there this weekend and I’ve never ridden a world enduro… but, I don’t think this is apples to apples. GNCC’s have developed into its own discipline. The top guys have pushed the limit to where it’s no longer just an offroad race in my opinion. Garcia and Holcombes results are more than respectable to me, bad dudes and way cool they came over here to give it a go. A lot of respect to those guys.
fins227
2/21/2022 6:22pm
TalinH112 wrote:
183Matt wrote:
TalinH112 wrote:
Never said anything negative about him friend, except he had an off weekend. His accolades speak for themself, just goes to show that the GNCC series...
Never said anything negative about him friend, except he had an off weekend. His accolades speak for themself, just goes to show that the GNCC series is one of the hardest in the world.
These guys have been racing these track since they were kids, he would need years to catch up, ask sipes, Milner, and a good grip of other dudes.
fins227
2/21/2022 6:27pm
Bummed for stew and Thad, and the other racers that were hurt on Sunday.

Pumped for Ashburn to get a third, he’s been at it for a while now and still going really fast is cool to see.

800 riders in the morning class and 400 in the afternoon.
DYE
2/21/2022 6:46pm
Is anybody else finding it crazy how many pelvis injuries there are this year? First Sipes and Pastrana. Now Thad and just saw Johnny Girror shattered his too. Just weird to have 4 that close and I can’t remember the last one
montesagold
2/21/2022 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 7:11pm
fins227 wrote:
These guys have been racing these track since they were kids, he would need years to catch up, ask sipes, Milner, and a good grip of...
These guys have been racing these track since they were kids, he would need years to catch up, ask sipes, Milner, and a good grip of other dudes.
What are you insinuating? Yes, they have the format dialed in but the tracks? My first GNCC was 1999 at the same property we raced yesterday, only missing a few years in between. With that said, around every corner was as blind as if we had never raced there. Garcia was as smooth to watch as any rider I’d ever seen and put in fast laps in the third hour. Give the guy a full season and he may be a threat but learning the tracks has little to do with it.
NeedMoto
2/21/2022 7:06pm
FahQ wrote:
For three hours straight
I remember Rodney Smith coming out to Clubmoto back in the day and riding 2 or 3 hours straight. All while embarrassing the local fast guys...
Went trail riding with Rodney up towards Stonyford in Norcal.

He brought his wife with him, said she will be joining us on the trail. We were confused at first, as she didn't have a bike.

He mentioned that she will be on the back of his bike. We thought, oh... casual ride day.

Sure enough, even with her on the back, all we could see was the dust from his bike. By the time we caught up to him, his wife already had sandwiches made for us.

The dude is a rockstar, and still hauls the mail at 57 years old.
user760a
2/21/2022 7:10pm
I expect that Garcia could do very, very well, having watched some of his videos. He is very aggressive and fast.

I was at the race on foot and will say that the zillion quads on saturday and 805 amature riders in the 10AM race really put a hurtin' on the course. As it turns out, 805 bikes on an 11 mile course is damn near bumper to bumper traffic. So the 1PM pro's were starting on a seriously whooped course.

I am not sure Garcia is used to racing on such a hammered course, or dealing with so many lappers- the 1PM pro race its self had 425 bikes
RaceFace58
2/21/2022 7:30pm
user760a wrote:
I expect that Garcia could do very, very well, having watched some of his videos. He is very aggressive and fast. I was at the race...
I expect that Garcia could do very, very well, having watched some of his videos. He is very aggressive and fast.

I was at the race on foot and will say that the zillion quads on saturday and 805 amature riders in the 10AM race really put a hurtin' on the course. As it turns out, 805 bikes on an 11 mile course is damn near bumper to bumper traffic. So the 1PM pro's were starting on a seriously whooped course.

I am not sure Garcia is used to racing on such a hammered course, or dealing with so many lappers- the 1PM pro race its self had 425 bikes
He’ll figure it out for sure. He was only 2min+ behind the winner plus you have to look at it that he’s doing it for the experience. He doesn’t want to get hurt before his real focus back overseas begins. I was afraid he’d be like when Juha came over and just wrecked them.
418 Ranch
2/21/2022 7:33pm
Stu has been very entertaining and well spoken when he co-hosts the On The Pipe Podcast with Tyler Shepardson every other Monday night, so I expect a good listen next go. Good he got up because that crash looked brutal.
fins227
2/21/2022 7:41pm
What are you insinuating? Yes, they have the format dialed in but the tracks? My first GNCC was 1999 at the same property we raced yesterday...
What are you insinuating? Yes, they have the format dialed in but the tracks? My first GNCC was 1999 at the same property we raced yesterday, only missing a few years in between. With that said, around every corner was as blind as if we had never raced there. Garcia was as smooth to watch as any rider I’d ever seen and put in fast laps in the third hour. Give the guy a full season and he may be a threat but learning the tracks has little to do with it.
It for sure has something to do with it, being able to quickly read terrain, knowing where you’re at on the property, knowing where help is if you need it, so on and so on. If you’ve ridden that property for twenty years you might not know what’s around the next corner but you’ll have a pretty good idea where the trail is taking you. Also Places like John Penton and Ironman use a fair bit of the same trail every year, so if you hit a hole it’s the same hole as last year.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/21/2022 7:58pm
NeedMoto wrote:
Went trail riding with Rodney up towards Stonyford in Norcal. He brought his wife with him, said she will be joining us on the trail. We...
Went trail riding with Rodney up towards Stonyford in Norcal.

He brought his wife with him, said she will be joining us on the trail. We were confused at first, as she didn't have a bike.

He mentioned that she will be on the back of his bike. We thought, oh... casual ride day.

Sure enough, even with her on the back, all we could see was the dust from his bike. By the time we caught up to him, his wife already had sandwiches made for us.

The dude is a rockstar, and still hauls the mail at 57 years old.
He brought her out to our slice of heaven (single track) too. It’s amazing what kind of gnarly terrain he rides with her on the back.
2/22/2022 6:03pm
Pretty good vid for his first GNCC. Like how he mixed the morning and afternoon races together.
Tank_Slapper
2/22/2022 6:20pm
Can you quit a CNCC race ? the crowd picks you up and puts you back on the bike Grinning
mhog
2/22/2022 6:24pm
Really bummed about Stu, Thad, and Girroir. Other than those guys getting seriously hurt, it was a great first race of the season.

Excited to see the world enduro guys racing a few races. I’m not sure how well his results will be (since he’s only doing a few rounds), but to me, Garcia seemed to just be riding casually. I might be wrong, but it never seemed like he was pushing the pace and seemed to just settle in with xc1 guys (I assume to figure out the 3 hr format). Regardless fun to watch.
LungButter
2/23/2022 9:36am
If Josep dedicated 2-3 years racing GNCC he'd likely win a Title.

Newbies need time to learn the tracks, good lines and short cuts before they can compete at the pointy end of the pack consistently with the guys who have raced GNCC their whole lives.

This is no disrespect to our guys, I just think Josep is the fastest sprinter in the world, if he had time to adapt to GNCC I believe we'd have another Juha Salminen situation on our hands.
2/23/2022 9:54am
Louie112 wrote:
Listen to his Whiskey Throttle episode! I remembered him from GNCCs when I was a kid, but he’s an accomplished Moto guy as well
I only ran into Rodney once or twice at Sand hill (Now diablo mx) and he would absolutely WAX everybody else out there.

The only time somebody came at/near his speed was when Dustin Pipes randomly was there one day lol.

And yes, Josep Garcia will probably start winning races if he keeps coming out to GNCC; he's literally training with KR557, Ben Kelley, and Craig Delong while he's here in the states.

Post a reply to: GNCC RACERS ARE TOUGH AS NAILS

The Latest