Friese interview

kiwifan
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2016 10:32am
http://motocross.transworld.net/news/1000188758/#rHzWEh7jzrtVMWPj.97

Some interesting comments....but seemed ok to me.
|
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
1/22/2016 2:18pm
Good interview. Except when he said he was just trying to take the line away and gave Peick "plenty of time and space to check up." lol
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/22/2016 2:39pm
mimafia wrote:
Good interview. Except when he said he was just trying to take the line away and gave Peick "plenty of time and space to check up."...
Good interview. Except when he said he was just trying to take the line away and gave Peick "plenty of time and space to check up." lol
I didn't listen to the interview but I do believe in the first heat race incident Peick did have the time and space to check up and Friese took the line away in that incident. That's a fair assessment. In the second Semi incident, Friese just flat out took him out - he didn't have the line and there was no way for Peick to check up. Friese is either delusional or lying if that was what he was referring to. Both riders ended up on the ground because of his bone headed attempt at a pass that wasn't there.
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
41st
1/22/2016 2:45pm
LOL nice! Yeah I better be careful or he'll sucker punch me in the jaw.

The Shop

peelout
1/22/2016 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 2:52pm
reading the interview now, and just wanted to send TWMX a personal thank you for choosing to go with size 4 font instead of the standard 10/12. it's fun to squint and read a two-page interview
kiwifan
1/22/2016 3:06pm
peelout wrote:
reading the interview now, and just wanted to send TWMX a personal thank you for choosing to go with size 4 font instead of the standard...
reading the interview now, and just wanted to send TWMX a personal thank you for choosing to go with size 4 font instead of the standard 10/12. it's fun to squint and read a two-page interview
lol funny, I thought the same thing lol
Crush
1/22/2016 3:13pm
Who is the interviewer who is gonna just say, "yeah bullshit Vince, you're a dirty fuck" when he starts rambling about having a bad rap.

I could list the riders he's unnecessarily taken down in cheap and shitty moves over the years but JT already did so on the wrap up pod.

Complete BS and all people like Genova do is give him a bunch of excuses. You can argue if what Weston did was right, but it's more than likely what will happen in real life, someone is gonna straighten Friese up properly and he's not gonna like it.
S.Loyer
1/22/2016 3:14pm
peelout wrote:
reading the interview now, and just wanted to send TWMX a personal thank you for choosing to go with size 4 font instead of the standard...
Yeah they need some typography work that site.
kiwifan
1/22/2016 3:19pm
Crush wrote:
Who is the interviewer who is gonna just say, "yeah bullshit Vince, you're a dirty fuck" when he starts rambling about having a bad rap. I...
Who is the interviewer who is gonna just say, "yeah bullshit Vince, you're a dirty fuck" when he starts rambling about having a bad rap.

I could list the riders he's unnecessarily taken down in cheap and shitty moves over the years but JT already did so on the wrap up pod.

Complete BS and all people like Genova do is give him a bunch of excuses. You can argue if what Weston did was right, but it's more than likely what will happen in real life, someone is gonna straighten Friese up properly and he's not gonna like it.
Well at least he came across as not a whiner, I thought his responses were articulate, professional and respectful....I think he deserves some credit for that

But I guess people will think he's a "dirty fuck" no matter what he says or does in the future
Ing
1/22/2016 3:24pm
He gave a decent interview so now he's not a dirty rider. Bullcrap.
jtiger12
1/22/2016 3:27pm
peelout wrote:
Ctrl+scroll wheel up bro. Unless your on a mac, then I don't know. Pinch zoom?
Crush
1/22/2016 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 3:36pm
kiwifan wrote:
Well at least he came across as not a whiner, I thought his responses were articulate, professional and respectful....I think he deserves some credit for that...
Well at least he came across as not a whiner, I thought his responses were articulate, professional and respectful....I think he deserves some credit for that

But I guess people will think he's a "dirty fuck" no matter what he says or does in the future
Being articulate whilst spitting complete bullshit makes you nothing more than a bullshitter.

And regardless of what he says, his actions speak another language.
kiwifan
1/22/2016 3:58pm
Ing wrote:
He gave a decent interview so now he's not a dirty rider. Bullcrap.
wasnt what I said dude, dont read between the lines....just thought it was a good interview
kiwifan
1/22/2016 4:00pm
Crush wrote:
Being articulate whilst spitting complete bullshit makes you nothing more than a bullshitter.

so you refuse to think that his responses were sincere because of his history of dirty riding?
Underdog999
1/22/2016 4:06pm
kiwifan wrote:
Well at least he came across as not a whiner, I thought his responses were articulate, professional and respectful....I think he deserves some credit for that...

Crush wrote:

I agree with Crush, not that it matters.

Genova wants Friese to ride the way he does because he stays in the spotlight. We are still talking about this 2 weeks after the fact.
Crush
1/22/2016 4:13pm
Crush wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
so you refuse to think that his responses were sincere because of his history of dirty riding?
Which is it?

Sincerity is not the same as articulate.

If you think they're sincere words whilst he rides like a douche then i've got a bridge to sell you. This is not the first interview Friese has had like this nor will it be the last.
40Plus_922mx
1/22/2016 4:16pm
If you go back and watch the race, In the first few turns of the semi before the fight Peike went inside of Freise on a left turn and knocked him up high. Doesn't change anything, but kinda explains Freise motivation to return the favor once again.
malachi177
1/22/2016 4:29pm
It's going to be awesome to see Vince and Kaven renew their rivalry this summer in the 450 class...
Bret
1/22/2016 5:01pm
peelout wrote:
CTRL +
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/22/2016 5:16pm
I flew home from Charlotte this week on the same flight with MC. Before we took off, I asked his opinion on it, and he said he'd watched it a bunch of times. His take was that Vince simply didn't expect to slide as much as he did, which took both of them out. Also, that if Vince had actually intended to crash Peick, he'd have come up much further in front of him in the corner.
Crush
1/22/2016 5:36pm
GuyB wrote:
I flew home from Charlotte this week on the same flight with MC. Before we took off, I asked his opinion on it, and he said...
I flew home from Charlotte this week on the same flight with MC. Before we took off, I asked his opinion on it, and he said he'd watched it a bunch of times. His take was that Vince simply didn't expect to slide as much as he did, which took both of them out. Also, that if Vince had actually intended to crash Peick, he'd have come up much further in front of him in the corner.
On the other hand Fro's take was that if you both crash it's a take out and nothing more.

I think the most important thing is regardless of how the incident played out, it's ANOTHER incident.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/22/2016 6:14pm
"Weston and I are both veterans of this sport and we’ve been doing it for a very long time. We are professionals and we are paid a lot of money to come out here and perform like professionals." - Friese

Curious about what kind of money Friese is pulling in?
kiwifan
1/22/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 6:27pm
Crush wrote:
Which is it? Sincerity is not the same as articulate. If you think they're sincere words whilst he rides like a douche then i've got a...
Which is it?

If you think they're sincere words whilst he rides like a douche then i've got a bridge to sell you. This is not the first interview Friese has had like this nor will it be the last.
I think you need to re-read my post...I asked you did you not think he was sincere not whether I thought he was or not

You and I have NO idea whether he was really sincere or not....pure conjecture ...however yes to me he 'sounded' sincere, to you he didnt ...I think we can agree on that
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
1/22/2016 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 6:41pm
It's a good interview but the start gate is part of the racetrack.

"I would never throw punches on the racetrack. No matter how high the motions get or how pissed off you get, there’s really no excuse in doing that. It’s not good for the sponsors, the team or your reputation."

Does he think that everyone forgot about Glen Helen? Certainly had an impact on his reputation.
1/22/2016 8:12pm
Crush wrote:
Which is it? Sincerity is not the same as articulate. If you think they're sincere words whilst he rides like a douche then i've got a...
Which is it?

kiwifan wrote:
I think you need to re-read my post...I asked you did you not think he was sincere not whether I thought he was or not You...
I think you need to re-read my post...I asked you did you not think he was sincere not whether I thought he was or not

You and I have NO idea whether he was really sincere or not....pure conjecture ...however yes to me he 'sounded' sincere, to you he didnt ...I think we can agree on that
No, no, no: we read your post and you're wrong, that's all.

"But I guess people will think he's a "dirty fuck" no matter what he says or does in the future"

People will think he's a "dirty fuck" based on what he does not what he says.

He says shit that's clearly bullshit, no matter how articulately he says it. We all saw it with our own eyes. It was a dumb as fuck move. Period. And it follows a long history of dumb as fuck moves that both he and Genova pointlessly defends. If he is sincere, then he's disconnected from reality and must wonder why every rider and this entire board (-1%) feels the same way. When the world is against you, there's usually a reason.
jemcee
1/22/2016 8:22pm
If you're asking me, I've heard a few of his interviews and his constant angle of complete innocence makes anything he says seem disingenuous.. Yep sure buddy everyone else is wrong

What's strange is I get that feeling from everyone on that team, not saying they are bad guys I just feel like they are always trying to sell me something (or on something)
1/22/2016 8:27pm
peelout wrote:
S.Loyer wrote:
Yeah they need some typography work that site.
Their mag font is too small as well.
kiwifan
1/22/2016 8:28pm
Crush wrote:
Which is it?

kiwifan wrote:
I think you need to re-read my post...I asked you did you not think he was sincere not whether I thought he was or not You...

No, no, no: we read your post and you're wrong, that's all. [i] "But I guess people will think he's a "dirty fuck" no matter what...
No, no, no: we read your post and you're wrong, that's all.

"But I guess people will think he's a "dirty fuck" no matter what he says or does in the future"

People will think he's a "dirty fuck" based on what he does not what he says.

He says shit that's clearly bullshit, no matter how articulately he says it. We all saw it with our own eyes. It was a dumb as fuck move. Period. And it follows a long history of dumb as fuck moves that both he and Genova pointlessly defends. If he is sincere, then he's disconnected from reality and must wonder why every rider and this entire board (-1%) feels the same way. When the world is against you, there's usually a reason.
I guess we see differently, if that means I am wrong then so be it
Jimmy_Sloan
1/22/2016 8:29pm
VF has every right to be out there and earn his spot and he should never try and explain his side. Just go race since his times qualify.
Hut
1/22/2016 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 8:33pm
peelout wrote:
jtiger12 wrote:
Ctrl+scroll wheel up bro. Unless your on a mac, then I don't know. Pinch zoom?
mac -> one finger double tap on magic mouse or pinch zoom in or out on track pad

Post a reply to: Friese interview

The Latest