Friese

kawi216
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 6:56am
So I listened to pulpMX podcast a couple weeks ago when friese was on it. He says he doesn't know why people think he is a dirty rider or that he doesn't ride any different than anyone else?? But yet did you see his dumbass in heat 2? If I was Wilson I would done everything in my power to put him on his ass and hard. Scrubbing and whipping like that with someone right next to you is ridiculous, especially on the first lap.

Anyways friese your a dumbass and that's why people say you ride dirty. Stevie wonder could see that shit JACK!
|
TDeath21
3/3/2013 8:00pm
He does ride dirty and he rides a ride bike. However, he can take it too and won't be bitching at all when he gets it done to him. He's still an amazing rider nonetheless. I know I would hate to have him anywhere around me though.
flarider
3/3/2013 8:02pm
kawi216 wrote:
So I listened to pulpMX podcast a couple weeks ago when friese was on it. He says he doesn't know why people think he is a...
So I listened to pulpMX podcast a couple weeks ago when friese was on it. He says he doesn't know why people think he is a dirty rider or that he doesn't ride any different than anyone else?? But yet did you see his dumbass in heat 2? If I was Wilson I would done everything in my power to put him on his ass and hard. Scrubbing and whipping like that with someone right next to you is ridiculous, especially on the first lap.

Anyways friese your a dumbass and that's why people say you ride dirty. Stevie wonder could see that shit JACK!
So you expect him to lay up and puss out when other riders race him, right?

Didn't Hahn put a wheel on him last week?
3/3/2013 8:04pm
So what exactly are you trying to achieve by bitching about it? Everyone knows Friese is a dirty rider, everyone but Friese.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
3/3/2013 8:12pm
Dirty and dangerous are two different things. But at the same time I dont have a huge problem with him. I think its good for the sport. Alot of those guys like Deano expect slower riders to just move over. The object of racing is to keep the guy thats behind you from passing you!!!

The Shop

3/3/2013 8:19pm
Do you think he knew Dean was going to whip to the left and come as close as that? Not defending him, just sayin'
3/3/2013 8:35pm
Friese has made all or most of the 450 mains and is running good in the 250 class. I would stick to my game plan, seems to be working. Looks like he is just out there trying and racing. Go Vince Friese
cutter2388
3/3/2013 8:39pm
That's a sick picture.. Those dudes are just laying it down and the crowd got the best out of it. He was probably stoked and having fun out on the track.
TDeath21
3/3/2013 8:42pm
Honestly though, I don't know enough about the guy to say the things a lot of people say about him. I mean we saw on Inside the Outdoors what second tier guys like Chisholm and Hahn are going through. Right now, this is Friese's career, and the better he does in the main event, the more money he makes. Hahn said he will have to get a day job when his racing career is over, and Hahn to this point has better results than Friese. Seeing what the second tier guys go through on Inside the Outdoors should open everyone's eyes as to why this type of riding is going on throughout the pack.
fader418
3/3/2013 9:49pm
Hahn and Wilson do not need to start anything with Freise, because those guys are racing for a championship. Freise not so much...
BobbyM
3/3/2013 10:23pm
kawi216 wrote:
So I listened to pulpMX podcast a couple weeks ago when friese was on it. He says he doesn't know why people think he is a...

i call bullshit. rc and emig rag on him all the time but he hasn't really done anything dirty so far in this series...no worse than anybody else.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/3/2013 10:47pm
Thanks. When I shot it I was a bit worried that the landing wasn't going to be good for those guys.
SwapperMX
3/3/2013 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 10:56pm
He is definitely given the "bad boy" tag at the moment. The Glen Helen thing certainly wasnt good for his image, but besides that, I dont know where the bad rap comes from. Was he renown in the junior ranks as being dirty, and that has followed him?? I still think that if he had have passed someone the way Villo passed James under red cross flags, it would have cost him a whole lot places/points/money. Different rules for different people.
IWreckALot
3/4/2013 4:33am
SwapperMX wrote:
He is definitely given the "bad boy" tag at the moment. The Glen Helen thing certainly wasnt good for his image, but besides that, I dont...
He is definitely given the "bad boy" tag at the moment. The Glen Helen thing certainly wasnt good for his image, but besides that, I dont know where the bad rap comes from. Was he renown in the junior ranks as being dirty, and that has followed him?? I still think that if he had have passed someone the way Villo passed James under red cross flags, it would have cost him a whole lot places/points/money. Different rules for different people.
I think it comes from his intentional take out moves. . . There have been repeated occurences of a rider passing him just to get cleaned out in the next corner. No he wasn't trying to re-pass, he was looking to put somone on the ground.

He seems to have cleaned up that move this year though. He still rides a wide bike but that's all cool with me. Whipping the bike in someone's face is all fun and games until we get one of the front runners injured and the racing becomes less entertaining. . .
jeffseid
3/4/2013 6:34am
A. He was ahead of him when they went off the triple so Im not quite sure how he tried to scrub into him. B. No one wants to make contact like that with another rider over a triple because it'll end bad for both.

If Dean thought it was that bad or intentional I'm sure he would've tried to clean him out when he passed him.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
3/4/2013 6:56am
BobbyM wrote:
i call bullshit. rc and emig rag on him all the time but he hasn't really done anything dirty so far in this series...no worse than...
i call bullshit. rc and emig rag on him all the time but he hasn't really done anything dirty so far in this series...no worse than anybody else.
They do, and it's pretty funny, like when the rookie passed VF on the outside and RC was laughing about how the rookie doesn't know about VF yet. I think it'll take a while to get rid of his reputation. Do you think he's trying to clean up his act because his attorney (the glen helen incident) scolded him to do so? Because all of this will come up in court?
TM
donman
1/11/2024 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2024 12:49am

Common Denominator as I've heard; sums it up!

Scolded by DC and GuyB in the past, fined by AMA, Black-flagged, threats of being sued and going to court... wow!

Just do a 'Vince Friese' Vital search, sort by date, and start with the oldest, and look at all the riders he has had issues with.

Weimer, Windham, Hahn, Kiniry, PJ Larson, Cole Thompson, Boni, JT$ !!! , DV, Benoit, Deano multiple times, Wharton, Kenny, Hunter,  etc etc ... at least Peick took out some frustrations! lol!!!

Examples...

'Another Vince Friese Thread'

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Another-Vince-Friese-Thr…

'Vince Friese at it again'

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Vince-Friese-at-it-again…

Vince Friese, You're Doing It Wrong'

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Vince-Friese-Youre-Doing…

Vital Member, Downsouth,  "One of Frieses's first kills? " .....

Who Remembers This Day?

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Who-remembers-this-day,1…

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
1/11/2024 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2024 9:31pm

This one takes the cake.... resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

image-20240111213107-2

CPR
1/11/2024 10:39pm

10 years ago with the exact same issues, blows me away that Friese has never been seriously dealt with, (I’ve defended him in the past):

1. by the AMA.
2. by Friese’s team or sponsors.
3. by the other riders (Peick’s approach worked for no one except himself).

Shred
Fantasy
64th
1/11/2024 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2024 11:36pm

Are there a lot of new fans to the sport in this thread?  The reason Friese has the rep he has is he does this shit all the fucking time.  Start with this race and work back.  Track obvious cheap takeouts. Track dangerous stuff like cross jumping right in front of someone, and then times he could have avoided contact even if he had position(like Hunter this week).  It’s pretty much every race.  NO other riders are in nearly as much bullshit, and that includes bambam.  You would have to have a memory problem if you watch all the racing that goes on and you don’t see the difference.  That’s why he gets slammed by riders and fans.  He knows it but plays the innocent fool.  

…ask yourself this.  When was the last race I saw Friese in when he didn’t pull dumb shit moves?  Your having trouble thinking of it…aren’t you?

donman
1/12/2024 12:52am
Magoofan wrote:

image-20240111213107-2

And yet here you are, wandering in to see another Friese thread, and bitch about... another Friese thread!  Classic!   Laughing

1/12/2024 2:03am
Shred wrote:
Are there a lot of new fans to the sport in this thread?  The reason Friese has the rep he has is he does this shit...

Are there a lot of new fans to the sport in this thread?  The reason Friese has the rep he has is he does this shit all the fucking time.  Start with this race and work back.  Track obvious cheap takeouts. Track dangerous stuff like cross jumping right in front of someone, and then times he could have avoided contact even if he had position(like Hunter this week).  It’s pretty much every race.  NO other riders are in nearly as much bullshit, and that includes bambam.  You would have to have a memory problem if you watch all the racing that goes on and you don’t see the difference.  That’s why he gets slammed by riders and fans.  He knows it but plays the innocent fool.  

…ask yourself this.  When was the last race I saw Friese in when he didn’t pull dumb shit moves?  Your having trouble thinking of it…aren’t you?

He has been behaving like this for many, many years, other riders, on occasion have done the same thing, with little or no repercussions, it has been accepted by the sport.

It could change, but it would require Feld, or the AMA, to force the change, but neither of them is motivated to change.

downard254
1/12/2024 2:44am

It's a shame really.  Friese is a pretty darn fast dude, he typically gets good starts, but he just keeps making poor decisions.  If he would slightly dial back the aggression, realize that he doesn't have to run it in deep on everyone, maybe just chill a tad, have some patience, he'd likely have had much better results over the years.  He just can't seem to grasp the fact that his poor decisions keep costing him. 

bens 152
1/12/2024 2:55am

Do we know if he is racing this weekend? Or out now?

davistld01
1/12/2024 6:35am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2024 6:36am

Like someone said earlier...EVERBODY has their moments where, in the heat of battle, they ride like a dumbass. The reason Vince has this rep is because he rides like that ALL THE TIME. I mean, even Barcia has lightened up and is riding fast without having to go all BamBam on everybody. Apparently Vince doesn't know how to ride without being a dick. 

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
1/12/2024 8:55am
Magoofan wrote:

image-20240111213107-2

donman wrote:
And yet here you are, wandering in to see another Friese thread, and bitch about... another Friese thread!  Classic!   

And yet here you are, wandering in to see another Friese thread, and bitch about... another Friese thread!  Classic!   Laughing

The irony is rich in your response....Grinning

dkg
1/12/2024 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2024 8:02pm

What is the old Friese thread where his agent posted trying to set all of Vital straight?  That one is priceless. 

Post a reply to: Friese

The Latest