Forkner update.

bowl
6/21/2020 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 9:10am
Injury update?
|
6/21/2020 5:07pm
Looked like a nasty impact. I’m not a fan of the guy but hate to see any rider take a hard hit like that. That main event would of been so much better with him in it. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and he can be on the gate at Ironman in July
BUTWHY?
6/21/2020 5:13pm
bowl wrote:
Injury update?
Won’t even have test’s finished up at the hospital yet...
hamncheeze
6/21/2020 5:27pm
Not a doctor, but one was sitting next to me during the races. I'd guess Forkner took a shoulder injury to the left side, probably a fracture to the scapula and some AC damage, plus some rib fractures and if he's really unlucky some vertebral fractures. The bike hit him pretty hard.
Lightning78
6/21/2020 5:28pm
I would guess it's a broken collarbone

The Shop

aeffertz
6/21/2020 5:30pm
Looked like a typical collar bone crash, worse case a dislocated shoulder or broken humerus.

Hopefully he’s not too banged up. Expected him to mix things up outdoors!
MXMattii
6/21/2020 5:33pm
Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do we need till that becomes the norm?
hamncheeze
6/21/2020 5:35pm
MXMattii wrote:
Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do...
Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do we need till that becomes the norm?
I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer, but I do know that once you've red-flagged a race there is little harm in taking the maximum precaution for the rider's health.
BUTWHY?
6/21/2020 5:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Not a doctor, but one was sitting next to me during the races. I'd guess Forkner took a shoulder injury to the left side, probably a...
Not a doctor, but one was sitting next to me during the races. I'd guess Forkner took a shoulder injury to the left side, probably a fracture to the scapula and some AC damage, plus some rib fractures and if he's really unlucky some vertebral fractures. The bike hit him pretty hard.
Why waste time with such a bs speculation post?
byke
6/21/2020 5:57pm
The bs only comes into play if you take speculation as gospel, but if you know what speculation is, then just assign it the appropriate weight, which isn't much, because....it's just speculation. Can't really put something up on a pedestal and then complain about it being up on a pedestal.
str8line
6/21/2020 6:00pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

What a shame. Nichols looked to help his teammate(with a dumb move) and paid for it. Team tactics suck.
FerCzD
6/21/2020 6:04pm
Wishing a speedy recovery to Austin on whatever he has. Sucked watching him go down like that.

Is he still signed by pro circuit to ride for them next year?
Zaugg
6/21/2020 6:07pm
MXMattii wrote:
Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do...
hamncheeze wrote:
I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer...
I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer, but I do know that once you've red-flagged a race there is little harm in taking the maximum precaution for the rider's health.
I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation.

Please stop telling us what should have been done. You were not there and you can't make a valid assessment based on television coverage or anecdotal information.

If you have accurate information, please share it.

hamncheeze
6/21/2020 6:08pm
Zaugg wrote:
I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation. Please stop telling us what should...
I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation.

Please stop telling us what should have been done. You were not there and you can't make a valid assessment based on television coverage or anecdotal information.

Chill down man.
str8line
6/21/2020 6:11pm
Zaugg wrote:
I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation. Please stop telling us what should...

Based on my medical degrees he has an acute case of karma.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/21/2020 6:15pm
FerCzD wrote:
Wishing a speedy recovery to Austin on whatever he has. Sucked watching him go down like that. Is he still signed by pro circuit to ride...
Wishing a speedy recovery to Austin on whatever he has. Sucked watching him go down like that.

Is he still signed by pro circuit to ride for them next year?
Still under contract with PC for next year.
slipdog
6/21/2020 6:16pm
So... Fuck Hamncheeze but Matthes is Cool?

hamncheeze
6/21/2020 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2020 6:22pm
LOL, I'm fine. I can handle people coming at me on Vital. At this point, yeah, no one knows anything about Forkner's injury status. I've just got a long life of falling off 2 wheels and watching others fall off 2 wheels, I work in a medical field and have a MD wife, and I'm giving my OPINION on how badly he is hurt.

I honestly don't know what people expect? The guy goes down hard and gets carted off, and people want definitive answers on his condition within 2 hours. There will be a team press release tomorrow or Tuesday. Until then everything else is speculation.
pops
6/21/2020 6:22pm
Pop, You still out there?
Yes
cable
6/21/2020 6:24pm
MXMattii wrote:
this was posted somwhere recently that the backboard is on the way out and may do more harm than good
RalphS
6/21/2020 7:16pm
pops wrote:
Yes
Wishing a speedy recovery!
RalphS
6/21/2020 7:23pm
pops wrote:
Yes
Wishing a speedy recovery!
8tensolutions
6/21/2020 8:37pm
MXMattii wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer...
I guess the Emergency room physicians that have been tending to these riders for years are just asking them to get up and don't know what they are doing? Delusion running deep here
BobbyM
6/21/2020 8:39pm
Zaugg wrote:

str8line wrote:

Based on my medical degrees he has an acute case of karma.
Now THAT was funny.
6/21/2020 8:49pm
Hi, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I'm an ER nurse. His shoulder looked jacked up. Probably broke something. He hit hard.
bvm111
6/21/2020 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2020 8:53pm
pops wrote:
Yes
Hope your son is okay.
pops wrote:
Thanks
I know we act like fools on here sometimes, but in all sincerity being a father as well, I hope Austin isn’t injured seriously and is able to line up for the Nationals. I might say dumb stuff in here but never want to see anyone injured... hope all is well, I have been checking here for updates hoping for positive news.
hamncheeze
6/21/2020 10:01pm
bvm111 wrote:
I know we act like fools on here sometimes, but in all sincerity being a father as well, I hope Austin isn’t injured seriously and is...
I know we act like fools on here sometimes, but in all sincerity being a father as well, I hope Austin isn’t injured seriously and is able to line up for the Nationals. I might say dumb stuff in here but never want to see anyone injured... hope all is well, I have been checking here for updates hoping for positive news.
Same here. Hope AF is not too badly off. I hate seeing anyone get hurt.

Post a reply to: Forkner update.

The Latest