Forkner update.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2020 5:04 PM

Injury update?

|

6/21/2020 5:07 PM

Looked like a nasty impact. I’m not a fan of the guy but hate to see any rider take a hard hit like that. That main event would of been so much better with him in it. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and he can be on the gate at Ironman in July

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

6/21/2020 5:13 PM

bowl wrote:

Injury update?

Won’t even have test’s finished up at the hospital yet...

|

6/21/2020 5:27 PM

Not a doctor, but one was sitting next to me during the races. I'd guess Forkner took a shoulder injury to the left side, probably a fracture to the scapula and some AC damage, plus some rib fractures and if he's really unlucky some vertebral fractures. The bike hit him pretty hard.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/21/2020 5:28 PM

I would guess it's a broken collarbone

|

6/21/2020 5:29 PM

Pop, You still out there?

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/21/2020 5:30 PM

Looked like a typical collar bone crash, worse case a dislocated shoulder or broken humerus.

Hopefully he’s not too banged up. Expected him to mix things up outdoors!

|

6/21/2020 5:33 PM

Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do we need till that becomes the norm?

|

6/21/2020 5:35 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Just a little question: Why don't we put all riders who stay down on stretchers, fully immobilized from head to toes? How many spinal injuries do we need till that becomes the norm?

I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer, but I do know that once you've red-flagged a race there is little harm in taking the maximum precaution for the rider's health.

|

6/21/2020 5:46 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/21/2020 5:49 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

Not a doctor, but one was sitting next to me during the races. I'd guess Forkner took a shoulder injury to the left side, probably a fracture to the scapula and some AC damage, plus some rib fractures and if he's really unlucky some vertebral fractures. The bike hit him pretty hard.

Why waste time with such a bs speculation post?

|

6/21/2020 5:57 PM

The bs only comes into play if you take speculation as gospel, but if you know what speculation is, then just assign it the appropriate weight, which isn't much, because....it's just speculation. Can't really put something up on a pedestal and then complain about it being up on a pedestal.

|

6/21/2020 6:00 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

What a shame. Nichols looked to help his teammate(with a dumb move) and paid for it. Team tactics suck.
|

6/21/2020 6:04 PM

Wishing a speedy recovery to Austin on whatever he has. Sucked watching him go down like that.

Is he still signed by pro circuit to ride for them next year?

|

6/21/2020 6:07 PM

MXMattii wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

I suspect we are still in the era where the medics ask the riders "Can you get up and walk?". I don't know the right answer, but I do know that once you've red-flagged a race there is little harm in taking the maximum precaution for the rider's health.

I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation.

Please stop telling us what should have been done. You were not there and you can't make a valid assessment based on television coverage or anecdotal information.

If you have accurate information, please share it.

|

6/21/2020 6:08 PM

Zaugg wrote:

I'm guessing both of you are medical professionals. If not, your mindlessly speculation on medical protocol is just that...mindless speculation.

Please stop telling us what should have been done. You were not there and you can't make a valid assessment based on television coverage or anecdotal information.

Chill down man.

|

6/21/2020 6:11 PM

Zaugg wrote:

Based on my medical degrees he has an acute case of karma.
|

6/21/2020 6:15 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Wishing a speedy recovery to Austin on whatever he has. Sucked watching him go down like that.

Is he still signed by pro circuit to ride for them next year?

Still under contract with PC for next year.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/21/2020 6:16 PM

So... Fuck Hamncheeze but Matthes is Cool?

Photo

|

6/21/2020 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2020 6:22 PM

LOL, I'm fine. I can handle people coming at me on Vital. At this point, yeah, no one knows anything about Forkner's injury status. I've just got a long life of falling off 2 wheels and watching others fall off 2 wheels, I work in a medical field and have a MD wife, and I'm giving my OPINION on how badly he is hurt.

I honestly don't know what people expect? The guy goes down hard and gets carted off, and people want definitive answers on his condition within 2 hours. There will be a team press release tomorrow or Tuesday. Until then everything else is speculation.

|

6/21/2020 6:22 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

Yes

|

6/21/2020 6:24 PM

MXMattii wrote:

this was posted somwhere recently that the backboard is on the way out and may do more harm than good

|

6/21/2020 7:03 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

pops wrote:

Yes

Hope your son is okay.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/21/2020 7:16 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

pops wrote:

Yes

Wishing a speedy recovery!

|

6/21/2020 7:20 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

pops wrote:

Yes

Dimblewambie wrote:

Hope your son is okay.

Thanks

|

6/21/2020 7:23 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

pops wrote:

Yes

Wishing a speedy recovery!

|

6/21/2020 8:37 PM

MXMattii wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

I guess the Emergency room physicians that have been tending to these riders for years are just asking them to get up and don't know what they are doing? Delusion running deep here

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

6/21/2020 8:39 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

Zaugg wrote:

str8line wrote:
Based on my medical degrees he has an acute case of karma.

Now THAT was funny.

|

6/21/2020 8:49 PM

Hi, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I'm an ER nurse. His shoulder looked jacked up. Probably broke something. He hit hard.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

6/21/2020 8:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2020 8:53 PM

pops wrote:

Yes

Dimblewambie wrote:

Hope your son is okay.

pops wrote:

Thanks

I know we act like fools on here sometimes, but in all sincerity being a father as well, I hope Austin isn’t injured seriously and is able to line up for the Nationals. I might say dumb stuff in here but never want to see anyone injured... hope all is well, I have been checking here for updates hoping for positive news.

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250