Forkner update.

OLDMOTO
7/5/2020 10:26am
Man thats rough especially for such a very young person. Hes going to have to deal with for the rest of his life.

So many Vitards openly criticized him, gave backhanded compliments and expressed their passive aggressive condemnation. He is arrogant and has a sense of entitlement you said. He's hiding out because of his bruised ego.

Everyone has their favorite riders or support a rider because he's on their favorite brand. But some of you are just totally irrational and hostile.

So far I've learned from you that Savatgy is a worthless looser, Barcia is a whining pyscotic asshole, McElrath is an immoral cheater, Pleasanger isn't worth the ride, Tomac won't win a 450 SX title and Webb is a total asshole. Yet none of you know or interact with any of these young men.

You have declared that Suzuki is the worst bike ever made and you're stupid to buy one and Its impossible for Yamaha YZ450 to win at the pro level. Yet most of you haven't owned or ridden one.

Jesus, these kids a little slack.
MXMattii
7/5/2020 10:54am
Let me be a dick: Who wrote that idiotic press release about: "He will be back in 6 weeks?" Our riders go through shit and then the teams are going like: "He will be back in few weeks, you fans don't have to worry"... While he lost his spleen and injured his pancreas.

Isn't this sickening?

The Shop

Tuna
7/5/2020 11:03am
Can you ever be the same and race at the same level after an injury like this?
MXMattii
7/5/2020 11:18am
Tuna wrote:
Everts lost his spleen in 1993 if I'm not mistaken. So you can return to a decent level.

Get well soon Austin.
Ray_MXS
7/5/2020 11:29am
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Everts lost his spleen in 1993 if I'm not mistaken. So you can return to a decent level.

Get well soon Austin.
Lol "decent level"
str8line
7/5/2020 11:49am
OLDMOTO wrote:
Man thats rough especially for such a very young person. Hes going to have to deal with for the rest of his life. So many Vitards...
Man thats rough especially for such a very young person. Hes going to have to deal with for the rest of his life.

So many Vitards openly criticized him, gave backhanded compliments and expressed their passive aggressive condemnation. He is arrogant and has a sense of entitlement you said. He's hiding out because of his bruised ego.

Everyone has their favorite riders or support a rider because he's on their favorite brand. But some of you are just totally irrational and hostile.

So far I've learned from you that Savatgy is a worthless looser, Barcia is a whining pyscotic asshole, McElrath is an immoral cheater, Pleasanger isn't worth the ride, Tomac won't win a 450 SX title and Webb is a total asshole. Yet none of you know or interact with any of these young men.

You have declared that Suzuki is the worst bike ever made and you're stupid to buy one and Its impossible for Yamaha YZ450 to win at the pro level. Yet most of you haven't owned or ridden one.

Jesus, these kids a little slack.
Why does Barcia get so much flack? And Forkner? And Webb? I don't get it. They are never assholes.
MXMattii
7/5/2020 12:00pm
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Get well soon Austin.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Lol "decent level"
Trying to put a little joke in the answer Tongue . Glad you got it haha :-D
bvm111
7/5/2020 12:17pm
holy shit that’s gnarly... hate seeing guys getting injured, get well soon Austin!
7/5/2020 12:49pm
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Get well soon Austin.
Didn't the man lose his spleen?
hamncheeze
7/5/2020 1:53pm
Tuna wrote:
Well he has youth on his side. There are a few athletes who’ve lost spleens and gone on to great success. The pancreas is unknown for me. My wife is a MD. She says the partial loss of the pancreas is manageable but more concerning to her is that the pancreas is a difficult organ to heal. The enzymes produced actually counter the healing. But she also adds that the surgical techniques and drug management have evolved a lot in the past 20 years and she is not fully up to date on the latest. (She does breast and lymphoma oncology mostly).

Given the nature of these injuries, I agree with MXMatti that a return in 6-8 weeks seems unlikely.

I know Pops will likely see this, tell your boy to heal up well. The real fans will be missing his NFG racing, and we hope to see him back when he’s ready.
toroP
7/5/2020 2:25pm
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Get well soon Austin.
I think the pancreas could be a big issue.
Critical for digestion, and dangerous when it malfunctions.
JM485
7/5/2020 2:35pm
There is no way in hell he’s coming back in 6-8 weeks, and if he does it would be really irresponsible of his team to let him. Internal injuries like that aren’t a joke, this isn’t a broken arm or leg you can die from those types of injuries, especially if the laceration was so bad that they had to remove the spleen. I really hope he takes all the time he needs to let everything fully heal and comes back at a safe time, those aren’t injuries to just blow off and push the envelope on recovery time.
MXMattii
7/5/2020 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2020 3:47pm
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Get well soon Austin.
Roger DeCoster you mean? I don't know. But I'm sure that a lot of people in our sport but also BMX, MTB... injured their spleen once in their riding career. For example Christophe Pourcel lost his spleen at Bercy when he was racing it on the KTM 350 as Privateer, after that he didn't rode for almost a year if I'm not mistaken, but he won nationals after that on the Yamaha 250 bike and didn't do bad on that Husqvarna.

I'm most concerned or maybe "interested' is a better word, in how the other injuries will heal and how that pancreas injury will evolve.
mxridr
7/5/2020 4:46pm
Sorry to hear this news. This sport can really be cruel sometimes. Take care of yourself Austin!
Truckdriver
7/5/2020 6:07pm
Was a nice informative video he posted. He was in amazing condition, and I'm sure that will help in recovering. But I suggest we stay tuned for more of his posts.
And I'm sure he will make a comeback. I mean look at all of the freestyle guys that have had the craziest injuries ever, and many still ride today! Seriously tough kid.
MX114
7/5/2020 6:34pm
Can’t speak for the pancreas portion of Austin’s injury, but it’s totally realistic for 6-8 week full recovery after losing your spleen. Lost mine in 2009. I was back to work two weeks after surgery, and after a month or two I was back to %100 activities
Hank_Thrill
7/5/2020 7:50pm
I feel for him. Been down a similar road. This took doctors at the Cleveland clinic 9hrs. I just hope he is able to digest food and nutrients normally. That was a few days after my surgery. I sport it like a badge of honor now. 🤟
peelout
7/6/2020 8:41am
I feel for him. Been down a similar road. This took doctors at the Cleveland clinic 9hrs. I just hope he is able to digest food...
I feel for him. Been down a similar road. This took doctors at the Cleveland clinic 9hrs. I just hope he is able to digest food and nutrients normally. That was a few days after my surgery. I sport it like a badge of honor now. 🤟
gnarly, glad you're ok

i have the same scar as Forkner, i didn't have to have the drain tubes though.

hope he heals up, it's going to be a long road back. losing a spleen is no bueno
TDeath21
7/6/2020 9:08am
I’m not sure if he could race MX, but if he does it would not be a smart decision by him or his team. That’s some of the worst injuries I’ve ever seen from a crash. Obviously broken bones that look gruesome are bad but this one tops those in my opinion. This is something that, from personal accounts I’ve read, will take a long time to get back to 90% and there’s a strong chance 100% will never be attained. He needs to focus on his own health and come back for 2021 SX. East coast too so he has extra time to heal. That injury is nothing to mess around with.
philG
7/6/2020 10:02am
He needs to sit out the season, or he has every chance of being the next Austin Stroupe

Bearuno
7/6/2020 10:19am
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Get well soon Austin.
Yes, in 1978, just before the start of the GPs.

He was reported in the newspapers in Belgium and elsewhere as having died.

I'm unsure of the time frame of his return to racing that year - It's locked in my scone it was only 2 weeks, but think it might have really been 2 months?

Still, he did the GPs, finishing 5th that year, while Mikkola won the title.

The Man looks fit as a fiddle, as they say, to this day - cycling etc. I dare to say he's much fitter than the majority of us here, at 75.
Gworm
7/6/2020 11:07am
In the 70’s Jim West died from a ruptured spleen after a crash.
hamncheeze
7/6/2020 11:13am
philG wrote:
He needs to sit out the season, or he has every chance of being the next Austin Stroupe

This is a dick comment.

Stroupe went down a dark path with injury and drug addiction. No need to pile on Forkner's situation with this innuendo.
philG
7/6/2020 11:43am
philG wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:
This is a dick comment.

Stroupe went down a dark path with injury and drug addiction. No need to pile on Forkner's situation with this innuendo.
Which bit of healing up properly and waiting to come back when fixed is a dick comment..

The reason a lot of guys end up going that way , is because they come back too soon and have to look for 'help' just to put in a days work.

Knowing now, that he doesnt have to be fit and ready to go until East Coast SX , will let him take the time he needs to get back the health he is going to need for the rest of his life, before he even thinks about getting on a bike.

Motoxdoc
7/6/2020 11:54am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 11:57am
People call him spoiled or entitled....but for me, those are 2 words that DON’T come to mind when I think of Austin...more like badass motocrosser!
hamncheeze
7/6/2020 2:20pm
philG wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:
This is a dick comment.

philG wrote:
Which bit of healing up properly and waiting to come back when fixed is a dick comment.. The reason a lot of guys end up going...
Which bit of healing up properly and waiting to come back when fixed is a dick comment..

The reason a lot of guys end up going that way , is because they come back too soon and have to look for 'help' just to put in a days work.

Knowing now, that he doesnt have to be fit and ready to go until East Coast SX , will let him take the time he needs to get back the health he is going to need for the rest of his life, before he even thinks about getting on a bike.

Whatever. Including Stroupe in your comment is the dick part.

Post a reply to: Forkner update.

The Latest