Engine Ice

G-man
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2021 4:26am
While I have ran Engine Ice in my dirt bikes with good success I have never put it in my street bike until yesterday.

Went for a test ride and it definitely seemed like she was running cooler. The radiator fan usually kicks in just when I'm warming it up and idling, it did not go on so that says something. 👍 The street bike forums say the same thing.

Good product indeed Dave puts out and he is a good guy. Smile

|
bvm111
4/25/2021 12:35pm
you out by saguaro lake... I grew up in FH and it kinda looks familiar!
MyBobbym
4/25/2021 12:37pm
bvm111 wrote:
Do you know sheriff Joe? Did you ride at grinding stone?
APLMAN99
4/25/2021 1:11pm
Gary, don’t make Dave’s head as fat as his waist......

😎
Camp332
4/25/2021 1:15pm
I use it in all my bikes ever since I met that jerk Dave!Wink

The Shop

G-man
4/25/2021 3:28pm
bvm111 wrote:
Yep Saquaro Cool
PNWRider
4/25/2021 3:30pm
Might have to try it in mine. To say they run warm is like saying the titanic had a small encounter with some ice.

G-man
4/25/2021 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 5:20pm
bvm111 wrote:
MyBobbym wrote:
Woohoo
Grinding Stone rocked and was a great natural Desert terrain track.

The way it closed after the fireman's son broke his arm after he LIED about his age to get in and they Sued the track and the Indian Chief said: "Fuck it we close track to dummy white man then..." Evil

That was a real bummer.
G-man
4/25/2021 3:35pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Gary, don’t make Dave’s head as fat as his waist......

😎
Laughing
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/25/2021 3:57pm
Never owned a bike where I didn't immediately change over to Engine Ice. I first tested it at a Travis Blackburn riding school at Reddick when it was a brand new product.. Bikes were boiling over and mine and my buddy who also had it were cool and all the same bikes and I was definitely pushing the hardest with the most run time and idle time of the group. It's pretty much a must run for me.
bvm111
4/25/2021 4:03pm
bvm111 wrote:
MyBobbym wrote:
i have met sheriff joe a couple times (and some of his deputies during the trials and tribulations of my teenage years) and unfortunately service in the military has kept me away when grinding stone was open!
BobPA
4/25/2021 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2021 4:52am
So have any one you tested for quantitative results? Or is it "his bike boiled over and mine didn't" kind of results. I tried it years ago and it performed the same as 50/50 coolant at 3 times the price. I tested EI back when 250f's were known to run hot. I never tested back to back, but ran tests a few days apart on the same track, same ambient temps and the ethylene glycol (standard anti-freeze) was always a pinch cooler....But not enough to matter (using a heat gun on the head and radiator).

Only advantage I can see is the higher boiling point...and is much less toxic.
B Lenny
4/25/2021 5:55pm
PNWRider wrote:
Might have to try it in mine. To say they run warm is like saying the titanic had a small encounter with some ice. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/25/489554/s1200_5E5C2B70_5027_44E7_A22A_F8443133DFAA.jpg[/img]
Might have to try it in mine. To say they run warm is like saying the titanic had a small encounter with some ice.

That's nice...
SilverSpurs
4/26/2021 4:20am
G-man wrote:
While I have ran Engine Ice in my dirt bikes with good success I have never put it in my street bike until yesterday. Went for...
While I have ran Engine Ice in my dirt bikes with good success I have never put it in my street bike until yesterday.

Went for a test ride and it definitely seemed like she was running cooler. The radiator fan usually kicks in just when I'm warming it up and idling, it did not go on so that says something. 👍 The street bike forums say the same thing.

It's long established that pure distilled water is the most efficient coolant though. Water with dispersants or wetting agents or corrosion inhibitoi have a place but nothing transfers heat as well as good old H20.
EngIceDave
4/26/2021 4:29am
G-man wrote:
While I have ran Engine Ice in my dirt bikes with good success I have never put it in my street bike until yesterday. Went for...

Thanks, Gary
Thanks all.

It was fun
G-man
4/26/2021 6:03am
G-man wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:
Thanks, Gary
Thanks all.

It was fun
You're Welcome Iceman and what do you mean by "was fun"?

Are you Retired and living in Boca Vista with Seinfeld's parents!? Woohoo
G-man
4/26/2021 6:05am
BobPA wrote:
So have any one you tested for quantitative results? Or is it "his bike boiled over and mine didn't" kind of results. I tried it years...
So have any one you tested for quantitative results? Or is it "his bike boiled over and mine didn't" kind of results. I tried it years ago and it performed the same as 50/50 coolant at 3 times the price. I tested EI back when 250f's were known to run hot. I never tested back to back, but ran tests a few days apart on the same track, same ambient temps and the ethylene glycol (standard anti-freeze) was always a pinch cooler....But not enough to matter (using a heat gun on the head and radiator).

Only advantage I can see is the higher boiling point...and is much less toxic.
I have not done any scientific testing myself but some of the street bike guys had specific #s they posted and yes they were significantly lower temps.

Don't shoot the messenger!Woohoo
alphado
4/26/2021 6:07am
Just put some in Joe's YZ250F last week. Do they still make Pro Clean 1000? That stuff was awesome for cleaning bikes.
BobPA
4/26/2021 6:21am
G-man wrote:
I have not done any scientific testing myself but some of the street bike guys had specific #s they posted and yes they were significantly lower...
I have not done any scientific testing myself but some of the street bike guys had specific #s they posted and yes they were significantly lower temps.

Don't shoot the messenger!Woohoo
Haha it does not bother me either way. My anecdotal experience was that it did nothing except lighten my wallet. I am sure it has helped many others as it sells quite well through our shop, and is extremely popular on the internet.

No hate at all here.
Timo
4/26/2021 6:22am
Ethylene Glycol is more efficient at heat transfer than propylene glycol, so bikes should run cooler with standard antifreeze if they have the correct mixture. On my 450FX I actually have issues with it running cold below 70°ambient, so I installed a thermostat on it. The benefits of propylene are it's non toxic and you get the higher boiling point, but does anyone with a properly functioning cooling system ever hit 250°? Highest I've seen on my bikes is 225°, tight woods in Eastern TX Summer. I get people want to believe in magic elixirs that make a bike run better, but if it was so good OEM's would have dumped ethylene glycol a long time ago. On HVAC systems, if you add propylene to a system that was originally designed for water, you have to de-rate the equipment by 30% usually.

Note: after typing this out, I'm thinking that if people are seeing colder coolant temperatures it's probably due to less efficient heat transfer to the coolant. So the coolant temperature will be lower, but the engine temperature will be higher. Would be interesting if the street bike guys got oil temps before and after as well.
EngIceDave
4/26/2021 11:50am
alphado wrote:
Just put some in Joe's YZ250F last week. Do they still make Pro Clean 1000? That stuff was awesome for cleaning bikes.
Thanks and negative on pro clean
EngIceDave
4/26/2021 11:51am
G-man wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:
Thanks, Gary
Thanks all.

It was fun
G-man wrote:
You're Welcome Iceman and what do you mean by "was fun"?

Are you Retired and living in Boca Vista with Seinfeld's parents!? Woohoo
Pretty much

G-man
4/26/2021 10:37pm
alphado wrote:
Where's the ride report of your comeback ride!!!?? Woohoo

Good to see LiL Joe is on a 250!
alphado
4/27/2021 5:15am
Just riding, no racing for me. Except I think we are doing a Fire and Police Benefit race in June. I have nothing to prove, just taking it easy and having fun. If something doesn't feel right I don't do it. Too old to mess up!
G-man
4/27/2021 5:59am
Notice I said "ride report" ?

Didn't expect you to go racing, just wondering how it went on your new bike and most importantly had fun?
KMC440
4/27/2021 6:08am
B Lenny wrote:
Dave's not here Man... Blush

slipdog wrote:
No, man, I'm Dave!
No !! DAVE ZZZ NOT HEEREEE man.

Post a reply to: Engine Ice

The Latest