ELI FREGGIN TOMAC

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2019 7:54 AM

I’ve been tossing the idea around in my head of a possible nagging injury that they haven’t disclosed. You guys think this might be the case or do y’all think he really just fell off the pace that bad?

|

2/19/2019 8:00 AM

It's been disclosed, they're just not openly using it as an excuse...

|

2/19/2019 8:01 AM

slipdog wrote:

I literally JUST got told this. Back injury correct?

|

2/19/2019 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2019 8:04 AM

Well, since they are not interested in sharing any injury information for fear of giving the competition some hope, I guess we’re just left to believe he’s not as fast as he was for whatever reason or just mentally weak. He said he was 100% from back injury so I’m assuming that’s not an issue.

|

2/19/2019 8:04 AM

He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks ago on the whiskey throttle show. Theres your disclosure.

Im choosing to believe that his back isnt healed yet and that he lied about it. With that and him not riding in december, i understand why his season isnt going as good as it should be. Theres no other reason he shouldnt be gapping the field. Hes proven over and over hes capable of it in the past.

|

2/19/2019 8:06 AM

kb228 wrote:

He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks ago on the whiskey throttle show. Theres your disclosure.

Im choosing to believe that his back isnt healed yet and that he lied about it. With that and him not riding in december, i understand why his season isnt going as good as it should be. Theres no other reason he shouldnt be gapping the field. Hes proven over and over hes capable of it in the past.

I agree but I do think Webb would be an issue for him. Dude has seriously picked up the pace. But I guess you can never know until you see them both at 100%

|

2/19/2019 8:07 AM

slipdog wrote:

washeduprider367 wrote:

I literally JUST got told this. Back injury correct?

Yes, to me its always so funny on here how quickly everyone turns on a guy. Its been Webb the last 2 years and now all the Tomac Choke talk your all probably lucky to still see him out there, i wish they would just take the time off when there hurt but in his case i get it because he is still in the championship hunt, but it seems like a lot of guys probably most seem to try to ride through injury. Maybe its the teams i dont know but it doesn't seem like riding hurt does anything for there Careers.

|

2/19/2019 8:26 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Yes, to me its always so funny on here how quickly everyone turns on a guy. Its been Webb the last 2 years and now all the Tomac Choke talk your all probably lucky to still see him out there, i wish they would just take the time off when there hurt but in his case i get it because he is still in the championship hunt, but it seems like a lot of guys probably most seem to try to ride through injury. Maybe its the teams i dont know but it doesn't seem like riding hurt does anything for there Careers.

You’re absolutely right. I love Tomac and I hope he gets whatever is going on straightened out. If that means take time off so be it.

|

2/19/2019 9:38 AM

Definitions - fully healed up = bones are mended and muscle damage has repaired.

None of that means I'm back to 100% on the bike and have gotten all my testing done and found the settings that work best on this bike. Also doesn't mean I'm in tip top physical condition and ready to go toe-to-toe for 25 minutes.

I'm sure there are mental hurdles that also go along with recovering from injury at this level and constantly wondering if you can still put it on the top step.

|

2/19/2019 9:46 AM

He's in good enough shape to be out there, so as an employee who gets paid well, he should be out there IMO. It's the "fans" that can't see things objectively. There's no way he's in the riding shape of a guy like Webb or Roczen right now after being off all of December with a BROKEN BACK.

|

2/19/2019 9:46 AM

He said he was 100% on the bike, that it no longer had any impact during race. His words. But listen to the interview, not me.

|

2/19/2019 9:53 AM

To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social media. We are all just here speculating. This sport and it's teams and riders need to open up and tell the truth and disclose what the hell is going on.

|

2/19/2019 10:06 AM

twizzler wrote:

To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social media. We are all just here speculating. This sport and it's teams and riders need to open up and tell the truth and disclose what the hell is going on.

I agree but at the same time he’s an adult and it’s his business. Ya know?

|

2/19/2019 10:16 AM

kb228 wrote:

Why are athletes in SX allowed to lie about injuries? Other sports they are fined for lying about injuries.

|

2/19/2019 10:17 AM

Did he break it before mxdn?

|

2/19/2019 10:17 AM

logan_140 wrote:

Why are athletes in SX allowed to lie about injuries? Other sports they are fined for lying about injuries.

Pretty sure those rules are put in place mainly for betting purposes, which SX does not have as far as I'm aware.

|

2/19/2019 10:24 AM

twizzler wrote:

washeduprider367 wrote:

I agree but at the same time he’s an adult and it’s his business. Ya know?

The way Eli explained it on Pulp....he really made it make sense and at least made me see that yeah I might do the same damn thing in his shoes.

|

2/19/2019 11:49 AM

washeduprider367 wrote:

I’ve been tossing the idea around in my head of a possible nagging injury that they haven’t disclosed. You guys think this might be the case or do y’all think he really just fell off the pace that bad?

It was fully disclosed when he got passed by Chad Reed,

|

2/19/2019 11:57 AM

kb228 wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Because there is no betting on the races like there is in sports

|

2/19/2019 12:03 PM

He will not win a 450 supercross title. Its just not his gig to win..

|

Riding is Freedom, Freedom is Riding!

2/19/2019 12:14 PM

|

2/19/2019 12:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2019 12:15 PM

uk125250 wrote:

Did he break it before mxdn?

Ironman?

|

2/19/2019 12:18 PM

fox1nz wrote:

I hope you’re wrong, but I think you’re right.

|

2/19/2019 12:24 PM

twizzler wrote:

Why? They can keep it to themselves if they want.

|

2/19/2019 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2019 12:28 PM

He just won San Diego two weeks ago.

Mental

|

2/19/2019 12:27 PM

fox1nz wrote:

I downvoted this just so you know.

|

2/19/2019 12:31 PM

fox1nz wrote:

theprizefighter wrote:

Be better if u explain yr reason for downvoting it.

|

Riding is Freedom, Freedom is Riding!

2/19/2019 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2019 12:34 PM

I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit.,
I am grateful to be leaving Dallas healthy and without injury"

so next week its BEAST MODE on ?? playtime is over ? how does that work ?
|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

2/19/2019 12:43 PM

WCRider wrote:

https://mxvice.com/103003/insight-eli-tomac

RichardLoots wrote: I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit.,
I am grateful to be leaving Dallas healthy and without injury"

so next week its BEAST MODE on ?? playtime is over ? how does that work ?

Photo
|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

2/19/2019 12:44 PM

fox1nz wrote:

theprizefighter wrote:

fox1nz wrote:

Be better if u explain yr reason for downvoting it.

Because Eli not only has the talent and skill to take a sx title, he’s one of the favorites each season. Saying he will not win one dismisses the clear fact that he’s quite capable of doing so.

|