Dungey is Roczen and Roczen's Dads problem

cason402
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 9:05pm
The media seems to miss this point all the way around. Everyone talking about Barcia's (short lived) surge and Roczen not finding the right setup and RCH.....

Dungey flat out kicked their ass. Take Dunge out of the picture. Just take a minute and move the badass that continues to run people down and pass them and gap them.

What do you have? Roczen in a battle for the championship.

All these people talking about Roczen's team, as if they only need to find a magical setting and they'd be faster than Dungey... His dad is mad because it has to be the team's fault his boy is being beaten so badly.

IT"S NOT THE BIKE OR SETUP>.... IT'S RYAN DUNGEY! he's going faster.

why is it so hard to credit the guy who has been at the top of the sport for nearly 10 years?
Take Villo off the table and Dungey's numbers would be astronomical....(not that they aren't massive as they are)

The problem isn't RCH.

I had to get that off my chest, thanks.
|
loftyair
8/21/2015 8:11pm
I remember RC winning by 30 sec. and still being so pissed that the bike wasn't 'right'!
51xc
8/21/2015 8:21pm
so just to get it right: eli kicked everyones ass. take him out of the picture and dungey was the guy to beat. take him out of the picture and roczen is the guy to beat? so at some point mike alessi is guy to beat. got it.

btw. barcia sits in 2nd overall. i would not call that short lived. he was on the podium the last 5 rounds. only dungey was more consistent top 3.
Tumblin
8/21/2015 8:28pm
Agree withya OP, and glad that's off both of our chests...well said and thank you.
...and I'll add; didn't RCH participate with Broc and Ken's excellent Utah adventure?
Carlos Z
8/21/2015 9:40pm
cason402 wrote:
The media seems to miss this point all the way around. Everyone talking about Barcia's (short lived) surge and Roczen not finding the right setup and...
The media seems to miss this point all the way around. Everyone talking about Barcia's (short lived) surge and Roczen not finding the right setup and RCH.....

Dungey flat out kicked their ass. Take Dunge out of the picture. Just take a minute and move the badass that continues to run people down and pass them and gap them.

All these people talking about Roczen's team, as if they only need to find a magical setting and they'd be faster than Dungey... His dad is mad because it has to be the team's fault his boy is being beaten so badly.

why is it so hard to credit the guy who has been at the top of the sport for nearly 10 years?
Take Villo off the table and Dungey's numbers would be astronomical....(not that they aren't massive as they are)

The problem isn't RCH.

Man , are you sure? Roczen beat Dungey for the outdoor title last year on twin KTMs? Dungey got better but THAT much better?

The Shop

Flip109
8/21/2015 9:49pm
I agree. Dungey is better. Krocs zook works great if Dungey isn't whoopin that ass! I like Kroc but Dungey is the whole package. No fuckin around no bs. The guy lives to win.
kongols
8/21/2015 9:55pm
Not really. Last year they were kicking everyones ass by the same amount of time, but Roczen was much more competitive. Dungey gaps everyone the same as last year.
cwtoyota
8/21/2015 10:03pm
kongols wrote:
Not really. Last year they were kicking everyones ass by the same amount of time, but Roczen was much more competitive. Dungey gaps everyone the same...
Not really. Last year they were kicking everyones ass by the same amount of time, but Roczen was much more competitive. Dungey gaps everyone the same as last year.
Seems like Dungey is more aggressive this year, although he isn't running a substantially faster pace. Last year he had the same pace as Roczen, but there were times when Dungey would catch someone quickly, then sit behind them for 5 or more laps. That's not what he's doing this year, he's not at the aggression level of Villopoto, Stewart or RC, but he is making passes happen quickly.

On the other hand, Tomac was on a whole different level the first few races.
watson
8/21/2015 10:16pm
cason402 wrote:
The media seems to miss this point all the way around. Everyone talking about Barcia's (short lived) surge and Roczen not finding the right setup and...

The problem isn't RCH.

Carlos Z wrote:
Man , are you sure? Roczen beat Dungey for the outdoor title last year on twin KTMs? Dungey got better but THAT much better?
At that level, it's a game of inches. One little change can make all that difference in the world. Plus, it's not like Dungey was significantly slower than Roczen last year; they were incredibly close in speed. The tables turned this year, and now Dungey's a little faster.
Carlos Z
8/21/2015 10:32pm
The question is why is Dungey faster this year? Roczen beat him fair and square last year on twin bikes. Yes Dungey has a better program this year. But THAT much better? Roczen is getting smoked. How many overalls does he have this year? One? Two? Roczen's program is all jacked up. That's obvious.
Dx3moto
8/21/2015 10:35pm
Roczen is also dealing with an ankle and back injury.
tdrewk
8/21/2015 11:52pm
cason402 wrote:

The problem isn't RCH.

You're delusional if you think RD5 has improved all that much from last year as a rider. At the pro level bike and bike setup is the difference between going 2 laps a second faster or not (Remember what Canard was able to do when he switched suspension last year). The new KTM is noticeably a major improvement from last years model and it shows in RD5's speed and overall performance. Eli Tomac was clearly the Alpha rider this year...and last year Roczen proved he was the faster rider on identical KTM's, not only in the Championship standing but also with faster lap times more often than not and better overall starts. RD5 is a bitchin rider for sure, but when the bikes are equal...Roczen and Tomac are faster.
struth
8/22/2015 12:10am
1-1 in my books 2014-mx champ k-roc
2015 rd mx 2015.
2016 will be the decider.
Fact that bam bam was able to beat rd a few times this year says it all.

ocscottie
8/22/2015 12:10am
This needed another thread like i need another hole in my head. Pinch
Chadillac661
8/22/2015 1:36am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 1:37am
Carlos Z wrote:
The question is why is Dungey faster this year? Roczen beat him fair and square last year on twin bikes. Yes Dungey has a better program...
The question is why is Dungey faster this year? Roczen beat him fair and square last year on twin bikes. Yes Dungey has a better program this year. But THAT much better? Roczen is getting smoked. How many overalls does he have this year? One? Two? Roczen's program is all jacked up. That's obvious.
Kenny had the fastest laps at Unadilla late in the 2nd moto? Dung had his hands full.

Don't get me wrong, #5 is the man but counting out Kroc is a bad move.
jamma10
8/22/2015 4:52am
Carlos Z wrote:
The question is why is Dungey faster this year? Roczen beat him fair and square last year on twin bikes. Yes Dungey has a better program...
Not only were they racing identical bikes last year, Roczen was riding a bike built for Dungey.
BobPA
8/22/2015 5:33am
Carlos Z wrote:
Kenny had the fastest laps at Unadilla late in the 2nd moto? Dung had his hands full. Don't get me wrong, #5 is the man but...
Kenny had the fastest laps at Unadilla late in the 2nd moto? Dung had his hands full.

Considering the Dunge bolted on the number 1 plate last week, I think it is time you consider Kenny to be out of this one....
Sixeightone
8/22/2015 6:17am
Pretty sure in 2011 Dungey had no problem bolting the red plate on a Suzuki.. And Those bikes are near identical to what they were in 2011.. It's not the bike, that is for sure!
Spartacus
8/22/2015 6:20am
ocscottie wrote:
This needed another thread like i need another hole in my head. Pinch
Embrace the nut hugging, it's the only way to cope with them.
DonM
8/22/2015 6:32am
Carlos Z wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Not only were they racing identical bikes last year, Roczen was riding a bike built for Dungey.
Oh Please...Jamma you're better than this....So Tony was riding a 350 of Dungy's bike?
DownSouth
8/22/2015 6:43am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 6:46am
Carlos Z wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Oh Please...Jamma you're better than this....So Tony was riding a 350 of Dungy's bike?
That "bike built for Dungey" is hilarious to me. So I guess if Dungey thought thought bike was bad in the whoops and didn't corner well that he was the only guy who had those concerns.

DonM
8/22/2015 7:16am
Tomac......That's the bar everyone should be aiming for.
What crashing out of the season in rd 3?
watson
8/22/2015 7:47am
Carlos Z wrote:
Aldon and the new bike. Even though Kenny won the outdoor title last year, it was no secret that he didn't like the bike either. Aldon's also made huge strides with Dungey's aggresive riding, even on the opening laps (to the point where I don't even think he has a deficit there anymore). So my answer is yes, he is notably better this year. Whether or not Kenny's program getting up to par will close up the gap remains to be seen. But we do know for sure that Dungey has gotten better.
RG1
8/22/2015 7:54am
Dungey has been great, no question. But I'm absolutely positive that Roczen would at least on his level on a bike he would be comfortable on. At his best he's nowhere near 100 points worse than Dungey over the course of a season. Dungey isn't the source of their problems, he's the result
Tumblin
8/22/2015 7:56am
Carlos Z wrote:
Kenny had the fastest laps at Unadilla late in the 2nd moto? Dung had his hands full. Don't get me wrong, #5 is the man but...

BobPA wrote:
Considering the Dunge bolted on the number 1 plate last week, I think it is time you consider Kenny to be out of this one....
Tongue
8/22/2015 8:16am
Tomac......That's the bar everyone should be aiming for.
DonM wrote:
What crashing out of the season in rd 3?
Nope....the pace he rides is at another level. Barcia and Roczen are trying to match Dungey's pace. Injuries are part of the sport but if the only goal is to match Dungey then the long term outlook is racing for second place.
cason402
8/22/2015 8:25am
tdrewk wrote:
You're delusional if you think RD5 has improved all that much from last year as a rider. At the pro level bike and bike setup is...
You're delusional if you think RD5 has improved all that much from last year as a rider. At the pro level bike and bike setup is the difference between going 2 laps a second faster or not (Remember what Canard was able to do when he switched suspension last year). The new KTM is noticeably a major improvement from last years model and it shows in RD5's speed and overall performance. Eli Tomac was clearly the Alpha rider this year...and last year Roczen proved he was the faster rider on identical KTM's, not only in the Championship standing but also with faster lap times more often than not and better overall starts. RD5 is a bitchin rider for sure, but when the bikes are equal...Roczen and Tomac are faster.
we are all delusional, that's basic psychology.

wouldn't your argument, be just as applicable to Dungey last year?

and what about this year? Dungey was on a new bike, just as Roczen...

Isn't it a part of this sport that you have to deal with what you have, and if your good at getting the bike right that helps you get to the checkered first? and you have to get the bike right with the people you have around you who are paid to support you, and that's part of your challenge?

Did Roczen have to deal with decisions he made? yes. Did Dungey not have any issues to deal with? no.

Could Dungey have cased a triple early in the SX series? Could he have mis-judged a triple into a corner and impacted a stadium wall? could he have had physical issues? yes.

and on the aside that Tomac was faster, he wasn't faster at the end of the 6th moto and Dungey was. Dungey rode the same track and left with the points lead. He dealt with the ruts and bumps at Lakewood better and got the overall right?

thing is Dungey did what must be done, Dungey showed up at the gate all season and clinched 2 number one plates before the last races. He did that with the same challenges everyone else had. He did it AMAZINGLY and HE is the reason other teams are "having problems". They want to find an excuse, but there is only one and that's the guy with the big number 5 on his number plate.

watson
8/22/2015 9:25am
tdrewk wrote:
You're delusional if you think RD5 has improved all that much from last year as a rider. At the pro level bike and bike setup is...
Don't know about your last statement. Dungey was clearly faster this year in Supercross than both Tomac and Roczen. Tomac was undeniably faster outdoors this year, but last year Dungey was faster than Tomac. Roczen was faster indoors and out last year than Dungey, but the tables have turned this year for both disciplines. I don't think there's enough information yet to say who's faster.

Post a reply to: Dungey is Roczen and Roczen's Dads problem

The Latest