Credentials

Austin824
Posts
128
Joined
7/10/2013
Location
Murrieta, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 7:43pm
Anyone know how to purchase credentials for supercross. P.S. Im just an average joe
|
oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
1/6/2016 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2016 7:06pm
>
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
1/6/2016 6:24pm
Credentials? Those are for race team personnel, media, track workers, etc.
Dsigner
Posts
1048
Joined
8/31/2006
Location
Eagle, ID, USA
1/6/2016 7:38pm
GuyB wrote:
Credentials? Those are for race team personnel, media, track workers, etc.
Eh hem... And Sponsors. Lol

The Shop

newmann
Posts
24437
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
1/6/2016 7:57pm
Gonna have to pull a few teeth for those. A 45 foot showhauler motorhome with eight pristine vintage bikes for the Legends and Heroes display would only get me a single pit credential. Never mind my wife and kids that came with me who now have to sneak in and out of the pits. Can't even buy them, they just look at you with the deer in the headlight stare. One year I couldn't even get a single one and they wanted me to have a bike on the podium inside the stadium for an award presentation. Had to sneak the damn thing in....what a f'n joke. Like a damn circus.Laughing Laughing Laughing
dboivin
Posts
3179
Joined
5/19/2010
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA
1/6/2016 8:10pm
back in the 80's i printed my own for the silverdome. lol. they've got a little more complicated since then.
moto314
Posts
939
Joined
10/20/2009
Location
Mooresville, NC, USA
1/6/2016 8:45pm
If you know a rider they can get you a pit pass sticker for your ticket for free or they can get you a rider guest pass for $450. Industry hard cards cost more and you need to get from Feld but you missed the deadline for A1.
jaredkeller96
Posts
503
Joined
11/8/2015
Location
Huntersville, NC, USA
1/6/2016 8:53pm
newmann wrote:
Gonna have to pull a few teeth for those. A 45 foot showhauler motorhome with eight pristine vintage bikes for the Legends and Heroes display would...
Gonna have to pull a few teeth for those. A 45 foot showhauler motorhome with eight pristine vintage bikes for the Legends and Heroes display would only get me a single pit credential. Never mind my wife and kids that came with me who now have to sneak in and out of the pits. Can't even buy them, they just look at you with the deer in the headlight stare. One year I couldn't even get a single one and they wanted me to have a bike on the podium inside the stadium for an award presentation. Had to sneak the damn thing in....what a f'n joke. Like a damn circus.Laughing Laughing Laughing
so you are telling me sweet little miss may larocco won't give you passes? or even nate? also you'd think the old man running security at the floor entrance would get use to seeing you, lol. hell just knowing the two big security guys for feld can pull a lot of access for you when you need it lol.
1/6/2016 11:22pm
yea, i'm just an average Joe too and since Feld took over, it's been a bitch to get credentials. I'm a pro-sumer photographer with a few friends in the industry and used to get a placard card that gave me enough access to have fun...as-in getting stuck, alone, 1-on-1 with Dianna Dahlgren in a elevator at Angel Stadium, riding from the press floor to the ground floor. The small talk was awkward, but the view was GRRRreat!

Anyway, those days are over now. Best i can surmise is a little sticker on my ticket that gets me into the pits early and after the show.

Good luck with that.

Doug
1/7/2016 6:10am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 6:34am
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s .


Or you can start your own team. Wink even though I had no riders . I went to 8-10 SXs that year and several nationals and had full access. Not bad for $175.00


jackiej
Posts
95
Joined
5/16/2015
Location
Somewhere Over, KS, USA
1/7/2016 8:14am
GuyB wrote:
Credentials? Those are for race team personnel, media, track workers, etc.
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that.

is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a degrading way or like the admins are the no-it-alls or no one else is eligible for that info....

are us fans that big of a burden on your work schedule to apply the necessary info to logically call this a "message board" or whats the deal with that?
Zycki11
Posts
7913
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
1/7/2016 9:04am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 9:06am
Ahh the credential pass, many a story with the wrist bracelets for me. One year at St. Louis we had a buddy show us his wrist band, so we went to walmart and got a close replica. Then another buddy of mine hand wrote the information copied from the original and covered it with scotch tape. Very classy, and oh so close to our friends. It got us through "security" into the pits and gave a seonce of confidence. When it came time for track walk we ran into the big guns. My friend blended in like a ninja, I felt like i didn't have the same chance as he did. So with a rather quick glance i noticed the muscular ex military looking security guy for Feld (who I see all the time now) was asking to see the passes. Each person flashed their badge, or bracelet with pride and no fear down by there waste line. I made a quick decision to flash my bracelet directly in front of his face, it was a bold and direct statement knowing the human eye could not react quick enough to see the hand written scribble. Still to this day I feel pride when I walk past him. As for getting a pass, find a rider and ask if they have a extra mechanics pass, generally they do and they cost $50, so give him $60 and he makes a profit for writing your name down. Do this Friday though and not Saturday morning.
enketchum
Posts
4397
Joined
2/6/2012
Location
Pasadena, CA, USA
1/7/2016 9:21am
You can get anywhere except track walk with a regular pit pass and ticket. And if you want in after the race, there is always a fence open behind one of the big trucks.
1/7/2016 9:27am
GuyB wrote:
Credentials? Those are for race team personnel, media, track workers, etc.
jackiej wrote:
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that. is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a...
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that.

is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a degrading way or like the admins are the no-it-alls or no one else is eligible for that info....

are us fans that big of a burden on your work schedule to apply the necessary info to logically call this a "message board" or whats the deal with that?
Although GuyB does sound a little condescending at times, he's mostly sarcastic from my observation throughout the years. The thing about messages is that you can't really decipher what tone someone is saying something in, but he's good people,,,,, for the most part.
jackiej
Posts
95
Joined
5/16/2015
Location
Somewhere Over, KS, USA
1/7/2016 10:30am
Like I said just a question and ur right it's on the internet so you can decipher everything via text conversation. Sorry
Bressler11
Posts
383
Joined
9/7/2014
Location
Lock Haven, PA, USA
1/7/2016 10:36am
yea, i'm just an average Joe too and since Feld took over, it's been a bitch to get credentials. I'm a pro-sumer photographer with a few...
yea, i'm just an average Joe too and since Feld took over, it's been a bitch to get credentials. I'm a pro-sumer photographer with a few friends in the industry and used to get a placard card that gave me enough access to have fun...as-in getting stuck, alone, 1-on-1 with Dianna Dahlgren in a elevator at Angel Stadium, riding from the press floor to the ground floor. The small talk was awkward, but the view was GRRRreat!

Anyway, those days are over now. Best i can surmise is a little sticker on my ticket that gets me into the pits early and after the show.

Good luck with that.

Doug
Pics or it didn't happen! hahahahaha
wsc96
Posts
1019
Joined
8/26/2013
Location
AU
1/7/2016 11:18am
jackiej wrote:
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that. is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a...
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that.

is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a degrading way or like the admins are the no-it-alls or no one else is eligible for that info....

are us fans that big of a burden on your work schedule to apply the necessary info to logically call this a "message board" or whats the deal with that?
It's a power trip for some.
wsc96
Posts
1019
Joined
8/26/2013
Location
AU
1/7/2016 11:20am
newmann wrote:
Gonna have to pull a few teeth for those. A 45 foot showhauler motorhome with eight pristine vintage bikes for the Legends and Heroes display would...
Gonna have to pull a few teeth for those. A 45 foot showhauler motorhome with eight pristine vintage bikes for the Legends and Heroes display would only get me a single pit credential. Never mind my wife and kids that came with me who now have to sneak in and out of the pits. Can't even buy them, they just look at you with the deer in the headlight stare. One year I couldn't even get a single one and they wanted me to have a bike on the podium inside the stadium for an award presentation. Had to sneak the damn thing in....what a f'n joke. Like a damn circus.Laughing Laughing Laughing
We used to joke that as a rider at a supercross event we were at the only circus where the clowns paid to perform. The circus tag is fitting in many ways.
500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
1/7/2016 11:59am
Lets answer this and put it to bed.

there are several "Credentials" a person may or may not get.

Hard cards are for Teams, Personnel and Sponsors.

Weekend wrist bands for Privateer Mechanics "Must have an AMA card"

Pit stickers a little easier to get Parts unlimited gets these for Dealers and riders are allowed a few for Family and friends. still not so easy to get.

Then there is the Normal 12:30 -5 Pit pass just about anyone can get.

So there you go, you either know someone, sponsor someone or work there full time.

Other wise it's pit party and cattle call all day/night.
rubarb
Posts
2042
Joined
6/12/2007
Location
byda beech, CA, USA
1/7/2016 12:05pm
This must be a thread for the industry insiders
PJ205
Posts
1279
Joined
2/16/2008
Location
Fallbrook, CA, USA
1/7/2016 3:43pm
jackiej wrote:
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that. is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a...
as he said,he's an average joe....he wouldn't know that.

is there a reason with every admins post when they quote someone back its almost in a degrading way or like the admins are the no-it-alls or no one else is eligible for that info....

are us fans that big of a burden on your work schedule to apply the necessary info to logically call this a "message board" or whats the deal with that?
wsc96 wrote:
It's a power trip for some.
I'd definitely say that "some" doesn't include GuyB or ML512. I've met GuyB a handful of times over the years and talk to ML512 every time I see him somewhere and neither of them have displayed anything even remotely close to being arrogant or standoffish... and this is coming from an absolute nobody.
1/7/2016 3:57pm
lostboy819 wrote:
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s . [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118727/s1200_DSC05556.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118728/s1200_DSC05557.jpg[/img] Or you can start your own team. ;) even though I...
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s .


Or you can start your own team. Wink even though I had no riders . I went to 8-10 SXs that year and several nationals and had full access. Not bad for $175.00


I've kept every credential i've ever gotten hanging behind my desk, but these were may favorite. I was just a kid when we got these, but I remember being able to go just about anywhere, including the track.





lumpy790
Posts
11794
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
1/7/2016 6:47pm
lostboy819 wrote:
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s . [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118727/s1200_DSC05556.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118728/s1200_DSC05557.jpg[/img] Or you can start your own team. ;) even though I...
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s .


Or you can start your own team. Wink even though I had no riders . I went to 8-10 SXs that year and several nationals and had full access. Not bad for $175.00


And a stack of different colored paper
1/7/2016 7:15pm
lostboy819 wrote:
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s . [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118727/s1200_DSC05556.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/07/118728/s1200_DSC05557.jpg[/img] Or you can start your own team. ;) even though I...
This was all you needed back in the 70s 80s and 90s .


Or you can start your own team. Wink even though I had no riders . I went to 8-10 SXs that year and several nationals and had full access. Not bad for $175.00


lumpy790 wrote:
And a stack of different colored paper
LOL you guys must have been doing the same thing as me.Wink I had real pit passes for years but still wanted pit access after I quit racing. The Team manager card and lanyard are legit but if you look closely its for AMA supermoto and there were so many different colors depending on the credential that I dont think anyone knew what each color was for. If you bought a team manager credential for SX/MX it was about $900 each for SX and MX. not worth that to me but the season for supermoto had only a few races so it was only $175.00 and being a 30 + year AMA member the process was easy. I used this and had all access at every SX and MX I went to those years and was never once questioned or stopped and I had track access and hung out where ever I wanted. If you look like you belong and didnt act like a total ass you would have no problem.

The old pit pass holders from the 70s 80s and 90s were real easy, you just made a copy of a current pit pass or I had several from when I was racing that I just modified and then made copy of and had free access at all nationals and SX races for years. I would just do a new application each year and get a legit credential and if you knew the process it was very easy and $175.00 was a great deal because I didnt even need a ticket, just walk right in.

Times have changed so it may not be possible to do it anymore but that was a really cool time to be hardcore in MX and you could hang out and just enjoy being part of the progression of MX racing.I hung out with Hannah,Johnson,Barnett,McGrath,Emig.etc etc. I still hit a few a year but now I sit in the stands like everyone else and that is fine with me, but I also know I could still beat the system if I wanted toEvil

lumpy790
Posts
11794
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
1/7/2016 7:28pm
When I was a kid in 1978 I made friends with a rider through the back pit fence at High Point and he made me a fake credential using a colored piece of paper with some writing on it. He told me just act like you belong when coming through the gate.
1/7/2016 7:40pm
lumpy790 wrote:
When I was a kid in 1978 I made friends with a rider through the back pit fence at High Point and he made me a...
When I was a kid in 1978 I made friends with a rider through the back pit fence at High Point and he made me a fake credential using a colored piece of paper with some writing on it. He told me just act like you belong when coming through the gate.
Those were great times . Smile
lumpy790
Posts
11794
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
1/7/2016 7:43pm


Post a reply to: Credentials

The Latest